Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 03-23-2005, 06:10 AM
Rockin'
SRR by Triangle Theory

Rep Power: 19451 Rockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 37,010,807,735,571.87
Total Points: 37,010,807,797,957.93
another one bud - peyk-peyk tnx 4 the green champ - BoZz Have a beer on me... - BulgariasFinest I have great respect for you as a poster - rorymac Much appreciated my friend - BulgariasFinest 
thanks champ, respect :) - calmdown you were a good opponent or whatever, now its over between you and me as rivals or fake rivals, whatever it was, lol, no more problems from me to you in my part - Tha_Greatest 10k. Keep postin'. - BattlingNelson Happy 10k darling! :kiss: - *Boss Lady* 10k posts - ??? 
Happy birthday Rockin' - dan_cov happy birthday - TBear You are one of the best posters here. - I'm so sorry Great post on crime statistics. It's truly a disturbing trend. - thuggery for keepin it real in the training lounge , your the man rockin. - HUGH JASS 
For beating the stuffing out of master chef - lparm how do u give someone a good rep? cant figure it out - bigpauly To a fighting Man - Weltz One of the great posters - jas Merry Cristmas Rockin' - TBear 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Talisayen AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Childhood Cancer - bigpauly World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 
Default Dont Come Barking at this K-9 if You Cant Bite!

March,20 2005

Again enetering the Kronk recreation center, I notice how silent it is as the men sit playing cards at a table and another man performs his costodial duties sweeping the floors. The nice woman greets me from her desk and I sign in and make my way down the stairs. Again the red and gold lets me know that I am in a very historic place for the Detroit community aswell as the boxing world.

Looking around the gym I see the trainers and nice Mr. Logan in his same position he is every day. A new female boxer moves about the ring akwardly as another female boxer punches the mitts with her coach. SMACK!!!!!! The woman throws a beautiful right hand, crashing into the mitt and forcing the trainers hand back violently. Shaking my head in amazement, I know that I am in the right place. No where have I seen a woman throw a right hand like that, a Kronk right hand. A right hand that could set you on your seat.

Looking around I could not find my subject. Turning to Mr. Logan I ask, "Hey, have you seen K-9". Mr. Logan smiles and points to the cieling, "He's up playing basketball, you'll find him in the gym." Thanking him, I quickly make my way to the gym upstairs. As I enter the gym, I stop and look around. There, on the far side of the gym, my subject was in the process of a long jumpshot from behind the 3 point line. It bounced off of the rim and straight into the air. Again it bounced off of the rim and then down to the floor. He ran up like a little kid in play, grabbed the ball and dribbling the ball turned to see me observing. With a huge smile he points at me and jogs over to where I stand.

You would not know by watching him that he was a fighter, nor by even talking with him. When he smiles he has such a warmth with his personality. You would never guess that in a little under two months this man was going to be stepping into the ring to throw fists in the biggest fight of his career. In a featured bout on Showtimes, Sho Box- The Next Generation; K-9, Cornelius Bundrage, (21-0(13) will square up against fellow undefeated prospect Sechew Powell.

In the ring this man is known as K-9 and his nickname is not that of a dog for no reason. For this dog is a trained fighter and on a mission to be the best, a mission that he see's leading him to a world title. Things havent always been easy for Cornelius. At the beginning of his career, Cornelius felt that he was not being treated fairly by the judges. Although he won every one of his fights, it seemed that the judges were not rewarding his aggressive style.

"Ya know, at the time the judges didnt know who I was. I always had an akward style back then. I didnt come up learning jab,jab..right hand. I came up hooks, rights and more hooks." In a bout against a young, tough opponent named Charles Howe, Cornelius was only awarded a split decision victory when in his eyes and many others eyes it was a near shut out. "I had this guy bleeding from both eyes and did everything as it was planned.... one judge gave him the fight." Unable to believe this Cornelius, with his faith in god says, "by gods way I pulled out the decision."

The wins did not stop there, and Cornelius does not see the streak ending with this bout approaching. "I want to show everybody that I am the best out there." Cornelius knows the routine of others fighting soft touches until they are ranked, but he has no fear in stepping in with Powell, (15-0(9). "You gotta take chances or you will stay in the same place forever." He backs those words with his faith in the lord, "If god tells me to do it, then I'm going to do it."

Engaged, with a 4 year old son Da'Shawn, Bundrage is set in his visions and desires. "That boy is the apple of my eye." Again that great smile comes accrossed his face. "I think of him when I am in my fights and you know what? It makes the fights so much easier." Cornelius also holds a part time job to go with his training and family. He is working part time with the mentaly handicapped, driving buses, setting and running activities for them aswell as just being there to help them when they need somebody special.

Inspired by Mike Tyson and Thomas Hearns, Cornelius began his quest for his dream. It was not easy for him at first by any means. "I was learning on the job, ya know. I was fighting on E.S.P.N and the commentators are saying that I had no identity, no real style." This did not sit well with Bundrage. "I'm not looking to be no Mike Tyson or Roy Jones, I'm creating the K-9!"

With this upcoming bout, Cornelius could propel himself into the rankings where he is hungry to get at the men that are considered to be the best in the world. "When I first started, they told me that I was going to be nothing, well this is my time to shine." Powell will have his hands full come May 7th; at the Foxwoods Resort in Mashantucket, Connecticut when he steps in to face Cornelius Bundrage. This god fearing man, with his family and his dreams riding on each round will be ruthless if neccesary. So I dont recommend trying to take anything from this dogs plate. Wanting to give his loving family everything that they deserve, you could very well lose some flesh..........Rockin'

Last edited by Rockin'; 06-22-2006 at 02:22 AM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-23-2005, 04:36 PM
Rockin'
SRR by Triangle Theory

Rep Power: 19451 Rockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond repute
another one bud - peyk-peyk tnx 4 the green champ - BoZz Have a beer on me... - BulgariasFinest I have great respect for you as a poster - rorymac Much appreciated my friend - BulgariasFinest 
thanks champ, respect :) - calmdown you were a good opponent or whatever, now its over between you and me as rivals or fake rivals, whatever it was, lol, no more problems from me to you in my part - Tha_Greatest 10k. Keep postin'. - BattlingNelson Happy 10k darling! :kiss: - *Boss Lady* 10k posts - ??? 
Happy birthday Rockin' - dan_cov happy birthday - TBear You are one of the best posters here. - I'm so sorry Great post on crime statistics. It's truly a disturbing trend. - thuggery for keepin it real in the training lounge , your the man rockin. - HUGH JASS 
For beating the stuffing out of master chef - lparm how do u give someone a good rep? cant figure it out - bigpauly To a fighting Man - Weltz One of the great posters - jas Merry Cristmas Rockin' - TBear 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Talisayen AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Childhood Cancer - bigpauly World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

Just wanted to say that k-9 is way cool, but more importantly I wanted to get this thread back up to the first page so people could see it and learn about Cornelius Bundrage and then watch him tear into Powell on May 7th, on sho-box the next generation.............. Rockin'
Old 03-23-2005, 04:52 PM
Super_Lightweight
Jesus of Nazareth P4P

Rep Power: 301 Super_Lightweight has a reputation beyond reputeSuper_Lightweight has a reputation beyond reputeSuper_Lightweight has a reputation beyond reputeSuper_Lightweight has a reputation beyond reputeSuper_Lightweight has a reputation beyond reputeSuper_Lightweight has a reputation beyond reputeSuper_Lightweight has a reputation beyond reputeSuper_Lightweight has a reputation beyond reputeSuper_Lightweight has a reputation beyond reputeSuper_Lightweight has a reputation beyond reputeSuper_Lightweight has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 108,237.24
Total Points: 10,000,422,378.15
Send a message via AIM to Super_Lightweight Send a message via Yahoo to Super_Lightweight
Default hmmSechew P

Powell got a very dubious decision in his next to last fight and I wouldn't be surprised if this But-rage guy beats him, too. (^_^)

I'm rooting for k-9.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:00 PM
Rockin'
SRR by Triangle Theory

why would you say that super lightweight, But-rage. What do you have against him?...........Rockin'
Old 03-23-2005, 05:03 PM
The Fix

Rep Power: 18440 The Fix has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fix has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fix has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fix has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fix has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fix has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fix has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fix has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fix has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fix has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fix has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 238,857.26
One Of The Kings Of Comedy - RJJ The Truth Hit me some of your good K mate... Thanks - FasTHarD We Fresh! - Dorian 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin1
why would you say that super lightweight, But-rage. What do you have against him?...........Rockin'
lol butt-rage thats a funny name.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:23 PM
Rockin'
SRR by Triangle Theory

you guys are bashing on a person that is extremely nice and gentile. While I just met him a while ago, he is a charasmatic and fun loving person. You guys have no shame man. Let me ask you this, what have you ever done that is so great in your lives that you are able to just rip people at will. If making fun of ones name is what gets you off, then you must not have done much................Rockin'
Old 03-23-2005, 05:25 PM
The Fix

Rep Power: 18440 The Fix has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fix has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fix has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fix has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fix has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fix has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fix has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fix has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fix has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fix has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fix has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 238,857.26
One Of The Kings Of Comedy - RJJ The Truth Hit me some of your good K mate... Thanks - FasTHarD We Fresh! - Dorian 

Quote:
you guys are bashing on a person that is extremely nice and gentile. While I just met him a while ago, he is a charasmatic and fun loving person. You guys have no shame man. Let me ask you this, what have you ever done that is so great in your lives that you are able to just rip people at will. If making fun of ones name is what gets you off, then you must not have done much................Rockin'
take it easy i wasnt insulting him, i was just commenting on a funny name. iam sure he is a good guy like you said.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:18 PM
Super_Lightweight
Jesus of Nazareth P4P

Rep Power: 301 Super_Lightweight has a reputation beyond reputeSuper_Lightweight has a reputation beyond reputeSuper_Lightweight has a reputation beyond reputeSuper_Lightweight has a reputation beyond reputeSuper_Lightweight has a reputation beyond reputeSuper_Lightweight has a reputation beyond reputeSuper_Lightweight has a reputation beyond reputeSuper_Lightweight has a reputation beyond reputeSuper_Lightweight has a reputation beyond reputeSuper_Lightweight has a reputation beyond reputeSuper_Lightweight has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 108,237.24
Total Points: 10,000,422,378.15
Send a message via AIM to Super_Lightweight Send a message via Yahoo to Super_Lightweight
Default lol

Quote:
What do you have against him?...........Rockin'
1) I was just joking around. I really do not have anything against him whatsoever. I will be rooting for him when he fights. I just think it's a funny name, nothing more.

2) In my opinion, stepping in the ring is a good accomplishment, and I have done that 50 times. I make no claim to fame though. So, I don't necceassirly disagree or agree that I haven't accomplished "much". It all depends on how you look at it.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:54 PM
Rockin'
SRR by Triangle Theory

This guys coming up fast, make sure you check this guy out..............Rockin'
Old 04-17-2005, 11:57 PM
Truth
RJJ: Former P4P King

Rep Power: 8767 Truth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond reputeTruth has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,611.10
Total Points: 10,740,067.51
Go Roy! - T-97 No Message - Addition Thanks for sending me albums... - TRUTH Roy Jones Jr - P4P#1 Forever! - Chunk Boxing Scenes GOAT - The Gold Mac 
c.r.e.a.m. get the money! - el guason456 for defending Prodigy - Zach Randolph Happy Birthday Truth!!! - Purple Haze Pop bottles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy-Bday! - lefhooktodabody Happy Birthday! - ЯiZO 
Happy Bday Homie - SkilledBoxer I respect your opinion - Tuggers1986 Meth and Redman rule - -Blackout- Have a Dollar, T - Grand Champ 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - ЯiZО Childhood Cancer - Grand Champ Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - 'Sugar' Freddi 

Quote:
This guys coming up fast, make sure you check this guy out..............Rockin'
Your threads are well written, its great work.