Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Reply
Thread Navigation

#371
Old 02-23-2013, 02:55 PM
Ray*
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London,England
Age: 35
Posts: 23,170
Rep Power: 59 Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 97,044.54
Bank: 192,489,680,098,016.91
Total Points: 192,489,680,195,061.44
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroBando View Post
he didn't have to move up, he moved up cause he wasn't a threat to the top 2 welters, and to pick up an easy 3rd divisional belt.
I would go with he move up because he couldn't make 147.
Reply With Quote
Ray* is offline
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
#372
Old 02-23-2013, 03:31 PM
HeroBando
I love Mayweather
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 7,831
Rep Power: 21 HeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 100,165,367.87
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,165,367.87
Good poster, keep slaying retards. - I'm so sorry keep spitting facts to these haters - hectari 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray* View Post
I would go with he move up because he couldn't make 147.
luckily he was matched soft at 154 at first, since he can't hang with the top guys there. what's he to do, hope someone meets him at 150?
Reply With Quote
HeroBando is online now
#373
Old 02-23-2013, 04:00 PM
ADP02
Pac is a drug cheat
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,991
Rep Power: 23 ADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 11,000,178,180.26
Bank: 115,246,936,729.43
Total Points: 126,247,114,909.69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappin' Maxie View Post
Haha...Corrales was SOOOOOO weight drained he took Freitas' 0 and his title at 130 shortly after.
Wrong. Freitas vs Corrales was at 135 not 130.
Reply With Quote
ADP02 is offline
#374
Old 02-23-2013, 04:25 PM
ADP02
Pac is a drug cheat
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,991
Rep Power: 23 ADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 11,000,178,180.26
Bank: 115,246,936,729.43
Total Points: 126,247,114,909.69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray* View Post
People just say stupid sheet sometimes, I prefer to deal with facts. Corrales was still fighting at 130 three years after he was supposedly weigh drained against Mayweather according to people on here, While Cotto was fine "Because he said so before the fight" even though facts was he had to move up just right after.


Someone presents to you proof of the fighter stating before the fight, at weigh-in and post-fight that his loss had nothing to do with weight and in fact he felt he would be STRONGER than his opponent yet you just throw those FACTS out the garbage

but

because a fighter went up a division you call that a FACT that he must have been weight drained.

I better make sure that I never call you up to be my defense lawyer ..... lol!

Sorry, but your statements are silly.

Not that it needs to be mentioned since I have Cotto's own words but that same Cotto, who was the 154 champ, had already fought at 154 twice but wanted to come down to 150-151 to fight Margarito.

After the Cotto vs Trout fight many over here said, Cotto should have stayed at WW because he is too small for 154 and was more effective at WW.


Corrales: Again, there is lots of proof that Corrales was severely drained. Even Corrales's (condition) trainer years later when he was no longer his trainer blamed himself for the mistakes that got Corrales in that position of being weight drained. There was no reason for Ariza to come out with those statements years after the fact because he was really blaming himself. There are plenty of interviews by plenty of people.

Secondly, so what Corrales tried one more time at 130. It was for a chance to get a title. So he took the chance. What happened? In two fights, Corrales went down like three times against a fighter that is NOT known to be a KO puncher .... but to you, it's proof that Corrales wasn't drained? lol!

Corrales had a hard time making weight even at 135 let alone 130. There are interviews of him saying so and further proof on him having trouble by not making weight.


Man, oh, man. I'm still laughing at your line, "He went up in weight, so he must be weight drained" .... lol .... So everyone that goes up a division must have been weight drained in their last fight at the lower division?

Last edited by ADP02; 02-23-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
ADP02 is offline
#375
Old 02-23-2013, 04:49 PM
Marvellous1
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 862
Rep Power: 0 Marvellous1 is infamous around these partsMarvellous1 is infamous around these partsMarvellous1 is infamous around these partsMarvellous1 is infamous around these partsMarvellous1 is infamous around these partsMarvellous1 is infamous around these partsMarvellous1 is infamous around these partsMarvellous1 is infamous around these partsMarvellous1 is infamous around these partsMarvellous1 is infamous around these partsMarvellous1 is infamous around these parts
Points: 20,022,968.24
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 20,022,968.24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADP02 View Post


Someone presents to you proof of the fighter stating before the fight, at weigh-in and post-fight that his loss had nothing to do with weight and in fact he felt he would be STRONGER than his opponent yet you just throw those FACTS out the garbage

but

because a fighter went up a division you call that a FACT that he must have been weight drained.

I better make sure that I never call you up to be my defense lawyer ..... lol!

Sorry, but your statements are silly.

That same Cotto, who was the 154 champ, had already fought at 154 twice but wanted to come down to 150-151 to fight Margarito.

After the Cotto vs Trout fight many over here said, Cotto should have stayed at WW because he is too small for 154 and was more effective at WW.


Corrales: Again, there is lots of proof that Corrales was severely drained. Even Corrales's (condition) trainer years later when he was no longer his trainer blamed himself for the mistakes that got Corrales in that position of being weight drained. There was no reason for Ariza to come out with those statements years after the fact because he was really blaming himself. There are plenty of interviews by plenty of people.

Secondly, so what Corrales tried one more time at 130. It was for a chance to get a title. So he took the chance. What happened? In two fights, Corrales went down like three times against a fighter that is NOT known to be a KO puncher .... but to you, it's proof that Corrales wasn't drained? lol!

Corrales had a hard time making weight even at 135 let alone 130. There are interviews of him saying so and further proof on him having trouble by not making weight.


Man, oh, man. I'm still laughing at your line, "He went up in weight, so he must be weight drained" .... lol .... So everyone that goes up a division must have been weight drained in their last fight at the lower division?
Ok. So are you merely stating that Diego Corrales was drained JUST for the Mayweather fight? Considering he continued to campaign after that fight at the same weight, he could obviously still make it comfortably. It must've been a one fight thing then.

Also, if the weight stipulation against Cotto didn't make a difference, why ask for it? Better yet, if the Pacquiao beats Cotto regardless of weight, why ask for weight stips again in a rematch? (a question I've never got a straight answer for)

On topic, Roach hinted (in jest, he says) that Marquez' physique wasn't "natural". After the KO, plenty of Pacquiao fans continue to accuse Marquez of using steroids and continue to do so, due to his association with Heredia (and because he laid Pac out like a cheap rug). If Pacquiao had gone ahead with more stringent testing, as he said so many times he was willing to do (but never did), he, his team, and his fans would've had a little piece of mind at least. That's the point being made. The fact that more stringent testing is a condition of a fifth match vindicates that point, whether people like it or not. Pacquiao now knows what it's like to want that piece of mind.
Reply With Quote
Marvellous1 is offline
#376
Old 02-23-2013, 04:52 PM
Slappin' Maxie
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 84
Rep Power: 0 Slappin' Maxie is a jewel in the roughSlappin' Maxie is a jewel in the roughSlappin' Maxie is a jewel in the rough
Points: 1,352.15
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,352.15
back again UrDazed? - thuggery 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADP02 View Post
Wrong. Freitas vs Corrales was at 135 not 130.
Sorry, I was thinking Casamayor. A better fighter than Freitas anyways.
Reply With Quote
Slappin' Maxie is offline
#377
Old 02-23-2013, 04:53 PM
Slappin' Maxie
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 84
Rep Power: 0 Slappin' Maxie is a jewel in the roughSlappin' Maxie is a jewel in the roughSlappin' Maxie is a jewel in the rough
Points: 1,352.15
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,352.15
back again UrDazed? - thuggery 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroBando View Post
they may not have known about the kneebrace he was gonna be wearing. without his wheels Foreman doesn't brings much at all
Foreman wears a knee brace in a lot of his fights.
Reply With Quote
Slappin' Maxie is offline
#378
Old 02-23-2013, 09:22 PM
ADP02
Pac is a drug cheat
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,991
Rep Power: 23 ADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 11,000,178,180.26
Bank: 115,246,936,729.43
Total Points: 126,247,114,909.69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvellous1 View Post
Ok. So are you merely stating that Diego Corrales was drained JUST for the Mayweather fight? Considering he continued to campaign after that fight at the same weight, he could obviously still make it comfortably. It must've been a one fight thing then.

Also, if the weight stipulation against Cotto didn't make a difference, why ask for it? Better yet, if the Pacquiao beats Cotto regardless of weight, why ask for weight stips again in a rematch? (a question I've never got a straight answer for)

On topic, Roach hinted (in jest, he says) that Marquez' physique wasn't "natural". After the KO, plenty of Pacquiao fans continue to accuse Marquez of using steroids and continue to do so, due to his association with Heredia (and because he laid Pac out like a cheap rug). If Pacquiao had gone ahead with more stringent testing, as he said so many times he was willing to do (but never did), he, his team, and his fans would've had a little piece of mind at least. That's the point being made. The fact that more stringent testing is a condition of a fifth match vindicates that point, whether people like it or not. Pacquiao now knows what it's like to want that piece of mind.
Corrales: This is a well-known fact that he was weight drained for the Floyd fight. He also had a flu that week that could have contributed to the situation.

You may have missed it but Corrales had problems with weight at 130 and 135. For all of his fights? No but he did for some. It was reported as such and he even didn't make weight against Casamayor in one of his fights.

Both Castillo and Corrales had trouble making weight being that they are tall/big in size for that weight. Both have not made weight on a few occassions.


Again, you may have missed what I said but the reason that Corrales tried once more was because it was for a title. The thing is that Corrales was again knocked down 3 times by another fighter who was not known to KO quality fighters.


Cotto: I have presented proof from Cotto stating that he was fine when it came to weight. He said it wasn't the factor to why he lost and he also said that he was still at his best even at 145.
CW for Manny was the same reason why was there one for Marquez vs Manny or Marquez vs Floyd or even worse, Cotto, the 154 champ requesting 150-151. Nobody criticized Marquez nor Cotto, right? So why criticize Manny when it was his first fight at WW against a true WW in big Cotto?

Last edited by ADP02; 02-23-2013 at 10:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
ADP02 is offline
#379
Old 02-23-2013, 09:23 PM
ADP02
Pac is a drug cheat
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,991
Rep Power: 23 ADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 11,000,178,180.26
Bank: 115,246,936,729.43
Total Points: 126,247,114,909.69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappin' Maxie View Post
Sorry, I was thinking Casamayor. A better fighter than Freitas anyways.

No problem, ... we can all make mistakes.
Reply With Quote
ADP02 is offline
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:56 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.