Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 05:24 AM
Bob Boss Monies
needs weed!!!

Rep Power: 2 Bob Boss Monies has a reputation beyond reputeBob Boss Monies has a reputation beyond reputeBob Boss Monies has a reputation beyond reputeBob Boss Monies has a reputation beyond reputeBob Boss Monies has a reputation beyond reputeBob Boss Monies has a reputation beyond reputeBob Boss Monies has a reputation beyond reputeBob Boss Monies has a reputation beyond reputeBob Boss Monies has a reputation beyond reputeBob Boss Monies has a reputation beyond reputeBob Boss Monies has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1.98
Total Points: 20,783,528,460.72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter White View Post
Tarantino is no longer working on Kill Bill 3. He's working on the final installment of his "revisionist history" trilogy titled Killer Crow. As for True Romance, the director, Tony Scott, didn't ruin it. Tarantino obviously loves True Romance being that he does an audio commentary for the film on the Blu-ray and DVD (and the guy never does commentaries for his films). You're talking about Natural Born Killers when Tarantino lambasted what Oliver Stone did to his script.
They ruined it when they casted Christian Slater, and when they changed the drug deal to go down on the roller coaster "to make it more exciting."
Old 02-19-2013, 05:29 AM
Pocket Dogs!
You want one?

Rep Power: 23 Pocket Dogs! has a reputation beyond reputePocket Dogs! has a reputation beyond reputePocket Dogs! has a reputation beyond reputePocket Dogs! has a reputation beyond reputePocket Dogs! has a reputation beyond reputePocket Dogs! has a reputation beyond reputePocket Dogs! has a reputation beyond reputePocket Dogs! has a reputation beyond reputePocket Dogs! has a reputation beyond reputePocket Dogs! has a reputation beyond reputePocket Dogs! has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 90,283,642.11
i cut the crust off. - Body Movin' you're the goddamn iron chef! - Body Movin' Breaking Bad is one of the greatest shows ever! - Mike Tyson77 A glass of the finest French wine for Mr.White - QuebecSTAR2 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - danny711 Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Body Movin' 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
Oscars are this Sunday I believe?
THe main reason why I started this thread is cuz Django was the only flick I saw this year and wondered if anyone saw the nominated movies and if they thought they were any good?

but yeah Quentins movies are the truth! Hope he pumps one a year that be great.
Here's what I thought of the best picture nominees:

Amour - Boring as hell. Haneke has done better, much better with Cache, The White Ribbon, and Funny Games.

Argo - Great film and Affleck's best work to date. Well acted, superbly written, and intense at the right moments. Shame that Affleck was snubbed for best director.

Beasts of the Southern Wild - Great directorial debut from Benh Zeitlin. Great children's film but still I found it to be a bit overrated.

Django Unchained - IMO the best film of the all the nominees. Not Quentin's best work and some scenes could have been slightly trimmed but it has a extraordinary script, wonderful acting from Waltz and DiCaprio, and some awesome action scenes.

Les Miserables - I fucking HATED this movie and this is coming from someone who enjoys the musical. I still can't believe that Tom Hooper won the best director Oscar over David Fincher two years ago, because he still can't direct for fucking shit. Who the fuck directs an epic musical mostly in close up? Oh yeah, Tom Hooper does and it may be the only film where I felt suffocated by its cinematography.

Life of Pi - IMO a bit overrated but goddamn is the cinematography so damn lush and the 3D is even better than the one in Avatar. The film has a damn great score as well.

Lincoln - To be honest, I was really bored by this film despite Daniel Day-Lewis truly awesome performance. Spielberg should start making summer movies again. BTW, the ending to this movie is TERRIBLE!

Silver Linings Playbook - It's a cliched drama/romcom but it's a great cliched drama romcom. Jennifer Lawrence is hot as hell and acts her ass off in this movie. Bradley Cooper acts like how Bradley Cooper in all his movies.

Zero Dark Thirty - IMO the 2nd best nominee here and it's a shame that Kathryn Bigelow was snubbed for best director. Jessica Chastain is another hottie on here that acts her ass off.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:46 AM
TheGR8TESTOAT
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 19 TheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,011,572,148.53
Thanks for your support & respect - Massage Queen 

Quote:
Here's what I thought of the best picture nominees:

Amour - Boring as hell. Haneke has done better, much better with Cache, The White Ribbon, and Funny Games.

Argo - Great film and Affleck's best work to date. Well acted, superbly written, and intense at the right moments. Shame that Affleck was snubbed for best director.

Beasts of the Southern Wild - Great directorial debut from Benh Zeitlin. Great children's film but still I found it to be a bit overrated.

Django Unchained - IMO the best film of the all the nominees. Not Quentin's best work and some scenes could have been slightly trimmed but it has a extraordinary script, wonderful acting from Waltz and DiCaprio, and some awesome action scenes.

Les Miserables - I fucking HATED this movie and this is coming from someone who enjoys the musical. I still can't believe that Tom Hooper won the best director Oscar over David Fincher two years ago, because he still can't direct for fucking shit. Who the fuck directs an epic musical mostly in close up? Oh yeah, Tom Hooper does and it may be the only film where I felt suffocated by its cinematography.

Life of Pi - IMO a bit overrated but goddamn is the cinematography so damn lush and the 3D is even better than the one in Avatar. The film has a damn great score as well.

Lincoln - To be honest, I was really bored by this film despite Daniel Day-Lewis truly awesome performance. Spielberg should start making summer movies again. BTW, the ending to this movie is TERRIBLE!

Silver Linings Playbook - It's a cliched drama/romcom but it's a great cliched drama romcom. Jennifer Lawrence is hot as hell and acts her ass off in this movie. Bradley Cooper acts like how Bradley Cooper in all his movies.

Zero Dark Thirty - IMO the 2nd best nominee here and it's a shame that Kathryn Bigelow was snubbed for best director. Jessica Chastain is another hottie on here that acts her ass off.
Damn bro how the F did u find time to see all these movies? are you like a professional movie critic or something?

THanks tho this is exactly what I wanted to read.

I think the only flick nominated I'd be interested in even seeing would be Argo and Zero Dark Thirty.

PS: So Django is nominated? thats cool I assumed they snubbed him
Old 02-19-2013, 05:55 AM
jaded
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 jaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 194,668,961,761,303.38
Total Points: 194,668,976,242,572.38
Thanks for the warning - MeiXiang loving the sig - Alx. gift - Daniel Alpha Happy new year bro! - led* funny poster in the lounge - jas 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha Gay and Lesbian Pride - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jaded AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas 

I really liked Life of Pi...thought it was above everything.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:10 PM
New England
Strong champion.

Rep Power: 108 New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 224,117,456,054,261.19
Total Points: 230,120,137,730,694.53
for a great poster! - sweetpea87 Drinks on me brother - BoxingGenius27 I hate boxing too, lmaaoooooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 thanks for the green...always enjoy reading your post...green you once I can again... - jose830 great poster award - jazluvr 
Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack 
i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS 
For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 ugly arms - -Weltschmerz- 44 posts late.Happy 29,000 post - HughJass 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HughJass AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - sugarsmosley 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - jas 

andre dirrell

is that joke still funny? i'm just testing the waters.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:24 PM
HughJass
420 Boxingscene

Rep Power: 55 HughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond reputeHughJass has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 23,018,451,806,542,752.00
Total Points: 23,918,451,807,386,000.00
Cheers homie! - jose830 No Message - Mr Ehrmantraut Just learned gifts, long over-due, this is for your munchies! - RightJab Happy 4th to you too, bro! - jazluvr BS Bday! :fing02: - jose830 
Happy B-Day! - Oasis_Lad Happy e-b-day man. Have fun finding your g-spot with that thing. - Fistic Happy Birthday to my fellow Rigotard! - DosRounds Happy Birthday to my fellow Rigotard! - DosRounds Have a beer filled with my semen - led* 
Long time man, im not around so much anymore, but here is a beer as they dont sell reefers in the shop lol - chav For what the cunts will do on here. It will be like Inception and Matrix. We are Cunts! - Master Cvnt Welcome back my Ninja! - jose830 thanks man. - RightJab Thanks for the birthday pm homie it's greatly Appreciate it :beerchug: - jose830 
lol - -jose- Haha munchies - Beercules hope you get well soon good friend - -jose- 5001 post son! - -jose- Distinguished Service Medal. B-Hop Battalion - jas 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - -jose- Childhood Cancer - jas World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England View Post
andre dirrell

is that joke still funny? i'm just testing the waters.

nah its still funny
Old 02-19-2013, 01:09 PM
Hitman Hodgson
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 7 Hitman Hodgson has a reputation beyond reputeHitman Hodgson has a reputation beyond reputeHitman Hodgson has a reputation beyond reputeHitman Hodgson has a reputation beyond reputeHitman Hodgson has a reputation beyond reputeHitman Hodgson has a reputation beyond reputeHitman Hodgson has a reputation beyond reputeHitman Hodgson has a reputation beyond reputeHitman Hodgson has a reputation beyond reputeHitman Hodgson has a reputation beyond reputeHitman Hodgson has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,010,031,479.05
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey 

Quote:
Best Actor - Daniel Day-Lewis - Lincoln
Best Actress - Emmanuelle Riva - Amour
Best Supporting Actor - Tommy Lee Jones - Lincoln
Best Supporting Actress - Anne Hathaway - Les Miserables
Best Director - Ang Lee - Life of Pi
Best Picture - Argo - Ben Affleck, George Clooney, Grant Heslov
I agree with most of your choices except Argo for best picture. Its historically inaccurate propaganda. Its the Midnight Express of the 21st century.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:34 PM
Pocket Dogs!
You want one?

Rep Power: 23 Pocket Dogs! has a reputation beyond reputePocket Dogs! has a reputation beyond reputePocket Dogs! has a reputation beyond reputePocket Dogs! has a reputation beyond reputePocket Dogs! has a reputation beyond reputePocket Dogs! has a reputation beyond reputePocket Dogs! has a reputation beyond reputePocket Dogs! has a reputation beyond reputePocket Dogs! has a reputation beyond reputePocket Dogs! has a reputation beyond reputePocket Dogs! has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 90,283,642.11
i cut the crust off. - Body Movin' you're the goddamn iron chef! - Body Movin' Breaking Bad is one of the greatest shows ever! - Mike Tyson77 A glass of the finest French wine for Mr.White - QuebecSTAR2 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - danny711 Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Body Movin' 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
I agree with most of your choices except Argo for best picture. Its historically inaccurate propaganda. Its the Midnight Express of the 21st century.
They're not actually my choices. I should've typed that in. Those are the nominees who have the best odds at winning according to numerous Oscar articles and statistics.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:15 PM
Addition
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 41 Addition has a reputation beyond reputeAddition has a reputation beyond reputeAddition has a reputation beyond reputeAddition has a reputation beyond reputeAddition has a reputation beyond reputeAddition has a reputation beyond reputeAddition has a reputation beyond reputeAddition has a reputation beyond reputeAddition has a reputation beyond reputeAddition has a reputation beyond reputeAddition has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,697,733,969,317.18
Total Points: 2,322,449,417,161.54
Wise ass =) - tyson A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 2000 posts! - Tunney Heikki Wins! - Dorian thank bro. - TRUTH 
Merry Christmas - msagrain Congrats on the Chargers win - xxjace Cheers for the bet! - jazluvr good luck in the league, you'll need it - El Mustang merry xmas - Subtraction 

Hopefully Django Unchained wins best picture.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:17 PM
T.Horton
Banned

Rep Power: 0 T.Horton has a reputation beyond reputeT.Horton has a reputation beyond reputeT.Horton has a reputation beyond reputeT.Horton has a reputation beyond reputeT.Horton has a reputation beyond reputeT.Horton has a reputation beyond reputeT.Horton has a reputation beyond reputeT.Horton has a reputation beyond reputeT.Horton has a reputation beyond reputeT.Horton has a reputation beyond reputeT.Horton has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,393,791,078.93
Total Points: 1,319,635,985,927.72
enjoy it mate! - MexicanMauler No Message - Thank Me Later Happy holidays bro! - led* Merry Christmas to you and yours Tim. I hope 2013 is your best year ever. - deanrw Happy Holidays Timothy.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Happy Christmas amigo - chav Cheers brother, I appreciate it ! - BulgariasFinest happy new year my man! - HUGH JASS my homie Tim have a happy and safe New Years for you and your family brother. - jose830 Happy new years !! - BulgariasFinest 
Happy New Year Timmy!! - Lorily thanks for the points. - Golden help me finish this 6 pack - AyoMaDu thank you! - Barnburner Cheers dude! - fladz 
Thanks for help - Weltschmerz like a boss! - HUGH JASS No Message - jose830 20,000 post! - jose830 eat up son!!! - jose830 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - !! AI-Holmes!! Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - !! AI-Holmes!! Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - !! AI-Holmes!! Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - !! AI-Holmes!! Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - !! AI-Holmes!! 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sir TomJones Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - eddie_monster Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - eddie_monster Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - eddie_monster Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - eddie_monster 
Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Terrel Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - codey AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - MexicanMauler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MexicanMauler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -Huey- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addition View Post
Hopefully Django Unchained wins best picture.
i would actually be quite surprised despite really enjoying it.