Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: What will the WBC do with Cotto's MW title?
Mandatory with GGG 22 68.75%
Another Voluntary 10 31.25%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 03-25-2015, 12:01 AM
Rope_Burns
Contender

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 14,071.82
Default WBC Middleweight Title Situation

Assuming Cotto beats Heiland, K9, or another name for the WBC MW belt in June and Mayweather, Golovkin and Canelo all win their upcoming fights, will Sillyman and the WBC still enforce the mandatory for Cotto to fight GGG? Or will the WBC give Cotto another "voluntary" to face either Mayweather or Canelo?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-25-2015, 12:03 AM
Sugar Adam Ali
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 39 Sugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,986,269,265,559,622.00
Total Points: 11,291,069,265,714,648.00
Congrats on 3000 posts! - LacedUp Agree with you on Bradley vs. Cotto tough fight or Tim - hectari you need more gifts, have a beer - sugarsmosley A beer to go along with your winnings from tonight's bets! :) - Tyler_Durden You know your sh1t! have a beer on me - jas 
a truly ATG poster - here's an apple to sustain that brain power - jas It's Easter time, here's an Easter Egg for being the most knowledgeable poster bar none - jas Always spitting out the truth. - Augustane You made some good and fair points for Pac Algieri matchup - hectari couldnt green, but excellent post on violent crime punishment - sugarsmosley 
appreciate the green - -jose- cheers - Beercules 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - jas Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jas Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - jas 

Ggg is gonna get a crack at the belt in the fall... Whether he fights cotto or someone like lemuiex for the vacant belt remains to be seen,,

My guess is that cotto will relinquish title in the fall and fight canelo, GGG will fight lemuiex for a vacant belt
Old 03-25-2015, 12:04 AM
SlySlickSmooth
and Swift

Rep Power: 34 SlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 31,257,771,562,665,744.00
Total Points: 33,523,071,562,755,896.00
A beer to go along with your winnings from tonight's bets! :) - Tyler_Durden No Message - UTEP Have a beer - led 80's Hip-Hop thread - -jose- a gift for u m8, just like danny ;) - sugarsmosley 
a truly great poster in the RBR threads - jas My treat - led a true boxing fan - jas Great and Fair poster - jas No Message - Beercules 
War SlySlick!! - Mike D knows his boxing - jas happy xmas cunt - led Merry Christmas and All The Best for 2015 - Freedom. BOOOOMB SQQQUAD! - jas 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - jas 

I think the WBC and HBO want Golovkin to have the belt. Once Golovkin has two "official" belts aside from the IBO I think his stardom takes off. It will make him a much more lucrative fighter.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:17 AM
Rope_Burns
Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
I think the WBC and HBO want Golovkin to have the belt. Once Golovkin has two "official" belts aside from the IBO I think his stardom takes off. It will make him a much more lucrative fighter.
I think the WBC would like GGG to have the belt as well, but will they overlook a big money fight like Cotto-Mayweather 2 PPV for the MW strap or Cotto vs Canelo on PPV for a MW title? Both Mayweather and Alvarez bring in more viewers and dollars than GGG i think.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:19 AM
SlySlickSmooth
and Swift

Rep Power: 34 SlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 31,257,771,562,665,744.00
Total Points: 33,523,071,562,755,896.00
A beer to go along with your winnings from tonight's bets! :) - Tyler_Durden No Message - UTEP Have a beer - led 80's Hip-Hop thread - -jose- a gift for u m8, just like danny ;) - sugarsmosley 
a truly great poster in the RBR threads - jas My treat - led a true boxing fan - jas Great and Fair poster - jas No Message - Beercules 
War SlySlick!! - Mike D knows his boxing - jas happy xmas cunt - led Merry Christmas and All The Best for 2015 - Freedom. BOOOOMB SQQQUAD! - jas 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rope_Burns View Post
I think the WBC would like GGG to have the belt as well, but will they overlook a big money fight like Cotto-Mayweather 2 PPV for the MW strap or Cotto vs Canelo on PPV for a MW title? Both Mayweather and Alvarez bring in more viewers and dollars than GGG i think.
Sure, but Golovkin is a monster. What happens when Golovkin starts knocking on Canelo's door if Cotto-Canelo was made and Canelo won?

Might as well hand it to Golovkin and built his champion reputation
Old 03-25-2015, 12:31 AM
Rope_Burns
Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
Sure, but Golovkin is a monster. What happens when Golovkin starts knocking on Canelo's door if Cotto-Canelo was made and Canelo won?

Might as well hand it to Golovkin and built his champion reputation
I think the WBC, HBO and every boxing fan in the universe would love that to happen. Canelo would either be shook and duck GGG, which i doubt, or we could have a potential FOTY and a true middleweight champ after the fight.

If Mayweather-Cotto 2 happens, i'd have my money on a Money win, Mayweather drops the MW belt after the win and retires(or maybe fight #50 against GGG), GGG fights any unlucky soul for the vacant belt or fights Canelo in a PPV fight.

If Cotto keeps the belt for some unknown reason and fights GGG in a PPV, GGG wins his rightful title as best MW in the world.

The belt will be in GGG's possesion sooner or later no matter what path but probably not as soon as GGG hopes.

Last edited by Rope_Burns; 03-25-2015 at 12:34 AM.
Old 03-25-2015, 01:34 AM
i'm a fun haver
Contender

Total Points: 1,000,000,000,010,437.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
Ggg is gonna get a crack at the belt in the fall... Whether he fights cotto or someone like lemuiex for the vacant belt remains to be seen,,

My guess is that cotto will relinquish title in the fall and fight canelo, GGG will fight lemuiex for a vacant belt
N'Dam v Lemieux for the vacant IBF have until April 7th to make a deal or it goes to purse bids.
Don't expect to see Lemieux in with GGG next.
Old 03-25-2015, 01:50 AM
Sugar Adam Ali
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 39 Sugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,986,269,265,559,622.00
Total Points: 11,291,069,265,714,648.00
Congrats on 3000 posts! - LacedUp Agree with you on Bradley vs. Cotto tough fight or Tim - hectari you need more gifts, have a beer - sugarsmosley A beer to go along with your winnings from tonight's bets! :) - Tyler_Durden You know your sh1t! have a beer on me - jas 
a truly ATG poster - here's an apple to sustain that brain power - jas It's Easter time, here's an Easter Egg for being the most knowledgeable poster bar none - jas Always spitting out the truth. - Augustane You made some good and fair points for Pac Algieri matchup - hectari couldnt green, but excellent post on violent crime punishment - sugarsmosley 
appreciate the green - -jose- cheers - Beercules 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - jas Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jas Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'm a fun haver View Post
N'Dam v Lemieux for the vacant IBF have until April 7th to make a deal or it goes to purse bids.
Don't expect to see Lemieux in with GGG next.
Ok, didn't realize that... It will be someone else then for the vacate title.. Maybe we finally get the long talked about ggg-mora fight
Old 03-25-2015, 02:12 AM
Jubei
Contender

Rep Power: 6 Jubei has a reputation beyond reputeJubei has a reputation beyond reputeJubei has a reputation beyond reputeJubei has a reputation beyond reputeJubei has a reputation beyond reputeJubei has a reputation beyond reputeJubei has a reputation beyond reputeJubei has a reputation beyond reputeJubei has a reputation beyond reputeJubei has a reputation beyond reputeJubei has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 437,002.74

I think it's pretty clear that Roc Nation planned for Cotto to fight either Canelo or Mayweather in his 2nd or 3rd fight, otherwise the 50 million wouldn't make any sense. It will help Cotto alot during negoatiatons if he still has the middleweight belt, and being a diva that doesn't want to be the B side anymore he will try to hold the belt as long as possible for a september fight against either Canelo or Mayweather. I hope the WBC isn't suddenly changing their stance.
Old 03-25-2015, 02:20 AM
i'm a fun haver
Contender

Total Points: 1,000,000,000,010,437.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
Ok, didn't realize that... It will be someone else then for the vacate title.. Maybe we finally get the long talked about ggg-mora fight
I'm just posting it so people don't cry about "Why don't GGG just fite Luhmew?"