Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 02-15-2013, 08:24 PM
croz
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 croz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud of
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,000,249,134.19
Default Mike Perez was sparring at my local gym

It was open sparring - 5 euro in. Didn't expect him to be there when I walked in. I'd say he looks in shape right about now compared to when we last saw him in prizefighter after which he dissapeared off the face of the earth.

I was told his inactivity isn't due to an unwillingness to continue or anything like that. Perez doesn't want to keep on fighting cans, but wants to fight tougher competition. The problem is they don't want to fight him, so right now he's stuck in a tough spot.

He sparred two Russians on the night, I don't know who they are but they were probably more than 190lb, one looked a bit under 6 foot, built like a tank, the other much taller, skinny/lean. The under six foot Russian is currently 18 years old and an am world champ, if that helps someone figure out who he is.

Perez did not look too sharp. He kept trying some Ali like head movement were he lowers his guard and tries to weave. The problem is he kept getting hit. I don't think he took it seriously but he was getting clocked quite a bit. He kept his hands low mostly and his upper guard was easily penetrated. In the last round vs the am world champ he got a fare bit frustrated and went all out. He was a bit ****y throughout but everytime he acted up he got smacked in the face.

Anyway, I'll upload the video to youtube soon enough. It's a bit shaky since I was using the Nexus seven which has the ingenius design of having the camera on the front, meaning you have to lean forward to look at the screen to see if it's recording the same thing.

6 min clip of Perez sparring the shorter Russian and some at the end of him fighting the taller one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23lQ2nJq4vg

And yeah, myself and my dad got our picture taken with him. I'm 6"4 and I have to say Perez did not look 6 feet tall compared to me.

Last edited by croz; 02-15-2013 at 08:48 PM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-15-2013, 08:38 PM
Spiegelo
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 Spiegelo has a reputation beyond reputeSpiegelo has a reputation beyond reputeSpiegelo has a reputation beyond reputeSpiegelo has a reputation beyond reputeSpiegelo has a reputation beyond reputeSpiegelo has a reputation beyond reputeSpiegelo has a reputation beyond reputeSpiegelo has a reputation beyond reputeSpiegelo has a reputation beyond reputeSpiegelo has a reputation beyond reputeSpiegelo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 17,299,160,675.32
Total Points: 17,299,163,121.90
james &amp;quot;mr. popo&amp;quot; toney!!!!! - Left Hook Tua 

Whatever happened to "what happens in the gym, stays in the gym"? You putting dude man on blast.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:41 PM
mrpain81
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 39 mrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond reputemrpain81 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 493,220,018,827,366.38
Total Points: 494,220,139,043,146.19
great poster - Melly-Mel Thanks for posting the Rd by Rds for the fights I don't get to see and supplying heaps of great info. - danc1984 funny shit! - Tom Flores thanks for posting on the thread - robson24 Consistently funny poster. Thumbs up. - ddangerous 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Sox8055 

Thanks for the update.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:42 PM
Earl Hickey
Boooooomb Squad

Rep Power: 106 Earl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 331,779,835,227,580.19
Total Points: 332,279,835,909,809.62
have fun with this - Sir TomJones Apple - iBreakbeat You'll need these - Rip Chudd Congrats man! - Rip Chudd Stay safe - rorymac 
Making us BS members proud - Versastyle Happy early Bday and congrats on 10k love :kiss: - Bossy blue parallelogram for your birthday - Jack Napier Happy Birthday darling! I hope you have a wonderful day xxx - Bossy I swear you make my day with every single post. - Alx. 
LOL, that cracked me up. Here's a cold one on me. - BulgariasFinest Excellent poster. I chuckle every time you post that gif of RJJ getting KTFO. - I'm so sorry Here's one on me - led* 14k posts - ShaunRoberts Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 
happy 15,000 - JonoYoungP4P Boxing scenes number one idiot - ROSS CALIFORNIA #FREE EARL HICKEY #JusticeForEarl - thuggery with a bit of luck it's not severe! - HUGH JASS Wilder's right hand leaves them too drunk to stand! - valero 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Gift Giver AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Ether 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - iBreakbeat 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANIAC310 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Shiranui Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - thuggery 

I've no faith in Perez.

These guys always have excuses, fact is its not that hard to get in the ring and fight, I heard Perez is only interested in fighting when his bank balance is looking low and I'm inclined to believe that.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:46 PM
croz
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 croz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiegelo View Post
Whatever happened to "what happens in the gym, stays in the gym"? You putting dude man on blast.
We had to pay in so not quite the same thing here. There were about a hundred people there so if they're looking for secrecy they should try a different tactic.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:53 PM
Spiegelo
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 Spiegelo has a reputation beyond reputeSpiegelo has a reputation beyond reputeSpiegelo has a reputation beyond reputeSpiegelo has a reputation beyond reputeSpiegelo has a reputation beyond reputeSpiegelo has a reputation beyond reputeSpiegelo has a reputation beyond reputeSpiegelo has a reputation beyond reputeSpiegelo has a reputation beyond reputeSpiegelo has a reputation beyond reputeSpiegelo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 17,299,160,675.32
Total Points: 17,299,163,121.90
james &amp;quot;mr. popo&amp;quot; toney!!!!! - Left Hook Tua 

Quote:
Originally Posted by croz View Post
We had to pay in so not quite the same thing here. There were about a hundred people there so if they're looking for secrecy they should try a different tactic.
Oh, sorry. In that case, dude is going about his comeback in a very stupid manner..
Old 02-15-2013, 08:58 PM
croz
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiegelo View Post
Oh, sorry. In that case, dude is going about his comeback in a very stupid manner..
I'm not sure if it's a comeback. See this event was held marking the first time the Russian team have ever come to Ireland to train so they made an Ire vs Russia night of it. I think what happened here is that last week they didn't have any Irish heavies to spar their big guys so next week they decided to call Perez up. Though I don't know that for sure.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:03 PM
White_Knight
At a lady's service

Rep Power: 15 White_Knight has a reputation beyond reputeWhite_Knight has a reputation beyond reputeWhite_Knight has a reputation beyond reputeWhite_Knight has a reputation beyond reputeWhite_Knight has a reputation beyond reputeWhite_Knight has a reputation beyond reputeWhite_Knight has a reputation beyond reputeWhite_Knight has a reputation beyond reputeWhite_Knight has a reputation beyond reputeWhite_Knight has a reputation beyond reputeWhite_Knight has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 2,023,463,163,940.92
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Thanks for green K - Weltschmerz 

I was wondering what happened to Perez. It's good to see he is still in boxing. He doesn't appear to be on the Price-Thompson undercard, though, as was once claimed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by croz View Post
And yeah, myself and my dad got our picture taken with him. I'm 6"4 and I have to say Perez did not look 6 feet tall compared to me.
How big would you say he is then, 6'2" or 6'3"? It's hard to tell from the photo because your head is tilted.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:12 PM
croz
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooksInYou View Post
I was wondering what happened to Perez. It's good to see he is still in boxing. He doesn't appear to be on the Price-Thompson undercard, though, as was once claimed.

How big would you say he is then, 6'2" or 6'3"? It's hard to tell from the photo because your head is tilted.
The angle is all weird in that pic but I'd guess he's closer to 5"10.

My Dad is 5"7 and standing closer by his side and you can see there's not much difference in height.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:44 PM
Khmelnytsky
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 Khmelnytsky has a reputation beyond reputeKhmelnytsky has a reputation beyond reputeKhmelnytsky has a reputation beyond reputeKhmelnytsky has a reputation beyond reputeKhmelnytsky has a reputation beyond reputeKhmelnytsky has a reputation beyond reputeKhmelnytsky has a reputation beyond reputeKhmelnytsky has a reputation beyond reputeKhmelnytsky has a reputation beyond reputeKhmelnytsky has a reputation beyond reputeKhmelnytsky has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 702.59
Total Points: 153,407.27

- There is no 18 year old Russian World Amateur Champion

- There was no Russian World Junior Champion from 2011

- There is no Russian National Champion at HW or SHW from 2011 or 2012.

Perhaps the kid won his regional championship (like a state golden gloves) as a junior or something but he's not a Russian National Champion at senior level, forget about a World Champion.

Last edited by Khmelnytsky; 02-15-2013 at 09:53 PM.