Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 02-14-2013, 06:44 PM
Pennywise X
Contender

Rep Power: 0 Pennywise X is infamous around these partsPennywise X is infamous around these partsPennywise X is infamous around these partsPennywise X is infamous around these partsPennywise X is infamous around these partsPennywise X is infamous around these partsPennywise X is infamous around these partsPennywise X is infamous around these partsPennywise X is infamous around these partsPennywise X is infamous around these partsPennywise X is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 137,330.57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biolink View Post
Don't want to be one of those tin-foil hat people but. No disrespect to them. They are some of the hardest working people on Earth, but maybe to a fault as you say since Arum damn near single handedly has a stranglehold on the sport.

is hava nagila hebrew for gotta get more money?

PS: I dislike Arum because he is a huge reason why alot of big fights dont get made like FM Jr vs Pac and Mares vs Donaire.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-14-2013, 07:12 PM
elfag
Hawaiian F@g

Rep Power: 0 elfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 1,100,112,499.85

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectari View Post
He is a shrewd businessman and yes he is a fake, he smiles for the cameras but the moment you say or do something he doesn't like he becomes a monster. Even Don King feared Arum, he told a story about when Arum got pissed off he would make people get scared, his whole face and eyes and voice would change and he would curse you out.

Just remember when he told Nacho and JMM to stop crying and they were ****ing up the sport? He also got mad when someone made fun of Hilary Clinton supporting Kelly Pavlik, Arum is a die hard democrat and the guy who made the joke was thinking Arum would laugh because Arum was making fun of republicans but Arum didn't like it and yelling that is BullSh1t! and got super pissed off and told the guy that it wasn't funny or a joke.

I would say the majority of the boxing promoters are slimey guys, Gary Shaw, Don King, Bob ARum, the ones who are cool like Lou Dibella, Kathy Duva, Dan Goossen, Hearn, they are all small time and not on that level, it seems in order to be the top dog in boxing you have to be evil the good guys like the ones I listed below never get to the top like Arum, Golden Boy, King, Shaw.
You forgot about Frank Warren. He was a major ******* too.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:21 PM
HeroBando
I love Mayweather

Rep Power: 22 HeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 100,169,616.85
Good poster, keep slaying retards. - I'm so sorry keep spitting facts to these haters - hectari 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennywise X View Post
Your clearly a butthurt pac "fan" that almost killed himself when his idol went night night, dont you remember manny himself had shirts that said finished business? they both wanted a conclusive ending and said there wudnt be a 5th fight.
I'm a boxing fan, I don't go around making threads to cry about the rematches of the 2 best fights of 2012.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:22 PM
New England
Heavy Duty

Rep Power: 102 New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 136,606,508,089,337.20
Total Points: 142,609,189,743,731.41
Congrats on 3000 First Class Posts buddy! - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - The Surgeon for a great poster! - sweetpea87 Drinks on me brother - BoxingGenius27 I hate boxing too, lmaaoooooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 
thanks for the green...always enjoy reading your post...green you once I can again... - jose830 great poster award - jazluvr Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe 
for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 
top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HughJass AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas 

arum is one of the most driven non participants in the history of boxing. you guys overstate his "greed," and underrated his commitment to top rank.

a guy like that will go until he dies. if he stopped working his life would end quickly. believe it. he might even die at an arena, if he never becomes bedridden or hospital bound.

frankly, most of you will never leave a legacy worth building to until the very end in anything outside of your family lives, which is fine. that's a noble pursuit.

some men accomplish more than that.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:29 PM
Paulie-M
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Paulie-M has a reputation beyond reputePaulie-M has a reputation beyond reputePaulie-M has a reputation beyond reputePaulie-M has a reputation beyond reputePaulie-M has a reputation beyond reputePaulie-M has a reputation beyond reputePaulie-M has a reputation beyond reputePaulie-M has a reputation beyond reputePaulie-M has a reputation beyond reputePaulie-M has a reputation beyond reputePaulie-M has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 9,693.96

Simple answer is..... he is a Jew. He is a scabby dirty snakey jew who is ruining boxing with is Shylock ways
Old 02-14-2013, 08:43 PM
Bigg Rigg
The People's Champion

Rep Power: 19 Bigg Rigg has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Rigg has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Rigg has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Rigg has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Rigg has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Rigg has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Rigg has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Rigg has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Rigg has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Rigg has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Rigg has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 38,997.05
Total Points: 87,800,095,119.43
you need more gifts, have a beer - sugarsmosley No Message - Bigg Rigg No Message - Bigg Rigg No Message - Bigg Rigg No Message - Bigg Rigg 
No Message - Bigg Rigg No Message - Bigg Rigg No Message - Bigg Rigg No Message - Bigg Rigg No Message - Bigg Rigg 
You have smelly farts - Pigeons 

I hope Arum either retires or dies. Straight up! Idgaf because he don't give a f*ck about me as big fan who supports the sport.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:10 PM
edgarg
Honest BoxingScene posts

Rep Power: 33 edgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 25,738,489.50
Top Poster - WLAD OWNS one of boxingscene's best - Carnivore you're great poster - keep on setting them straight! - Freedom. your an excellent poster - happyman You're a tremendous poster. - Weltschmerz 
Again, great post man - Cuauhtémoc1520 So you can kiss up to Bob Arum better - ShoulderRoll For being a very knowledgeable poster! - PainfromUkraine for helping - jas 

Quote:
This fool is like 9000 years old he should be at a point when he wants to spend his last few years on this Earth with his family and enjoy the wealth he has accumulated. It seems there is not enough money in his pocket to quench his lust for money. He is forcing upon us stupid redundant in house top rank fights such as Rios vs Alvarado 2 and Pacquiao vs Marquez 5 yep u heard right number 5! I bet he already has plans for a number 6 SMFH.

What are your opinions on Arum, I think he smiles alot for the cameras but is probably as bad as don king. And why hasnt his health detiriorated in like 20 years? Prognosis? Hes a cyborg.
I see that you jump on to that same old sterotype money-hungry Jew thing.... At least Arum does lots of good things with his money. What do you do, apart from scooting down to the liquor store. And don't you know that he's arguably the best boxing promoter in history.

You are showing that you know very little, and surely it's just a coincidence that you have a pciture of a clown prominently displayed as your image....
Old 02-15-2013, 03:48 AM
edgarg
Honest BoxingScene posts

Rep Power: 33 edgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 25,738,489.50
Top Poster - WLAD OWNS one of boxingscene's best - Carnivore you're great poster - keep on setting them straight! - Freedom. your an excellent poster - happyman You're a tremendous poster. - Weltschmerz 
Again, great post man - Cuauhtémoc1520 So you can kiss up to Bob Arum better - ShoulderRoll For being a very knowledgeable poster! - PainfromUkraine for helping - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Corso View Post
I prefered Juan and Manny to go home and let the young guys coming up have a bigger slot! However the bouts between those two are certainly NOT boring, they both get in great condition and come to fight. All the bouts were competitive! Even Manny getting stopped was NOT a lopsided fight, he had Juan in deep trouble the round prior to the end. They were both landing shots and the bout was exciting!!! You know what your going to get action wise!

I worked on Bob Arum shows and he is extremely intense and wants every detail to come off correctly. He is NOT cheap with his expenses and his per-dium is more than fare! Theres alot of talk on this thread alone thats ridiculous but thats what happens when people who have NEVER worked for the guy talk out of their butts!! Ray.

Last edited by edgarg; 02-15-2013 at 04:05 AM. Reason: duplication of post
Old 02-15-2013, 04:01 AM
GrandpaBernard
motherfuc

Rep Power: 0 GrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 54,167,451.43
For the insight! - Lazerjab Happy new years bro! - Lazerjab 

Quote:
This fool is like 9000 years old he should be at a point when he wants to spend his last few years on this Earth with his family and enjoy the wealth he has accumulated. It seems there is not enough money in his pocket to quench his lust for money. He is forcing upon us stupid redundant in house top rank fights such as Rios vs Alvarado 2 and Pacquiao vs Marquez 5 yep u heard right number 5! I bet he already has plans for a number 6 SMFH.

What are your opinions on Arum, I think he smiles alot for the cameras but is probably as bad as don king. And why hasnt his health detiriorated in like 20 years? Prognosis? Hes a cyborg.
ultra successful people often have no border between enjoyment and productivity. He enjoys being productive like you would enjoy wealth
Old 02-15-2013, 04:22 AM
thuggery
proper rock slanga'

Rep Power: 53 thuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,589,786,135,529,664.00
Total Points: 7,607,918,135,808,584.00
Thanks.  Let see if this works. - sdcluser Thankyou for your compliment. - Rockin' love &amp; peace - Lotus Flower Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks No Message - FkDaHtrs 
No Message - FkDaHtrs Haha thanks!  Here is a badass looking fish! - UglyPug Thanks man! - WARQUEZ Have a whopper!!!!! - E.P.T. one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. 
A legendary poster in the making. - WARQUEZ 4 some good luck coming your way - Rockin' destroying bandwagoners - .:: JSFD26 ::. already greened you, but props on posting that quote dissing c/w's - chiguy91 welcome back bro........ - bigsmoothh 
For a Toe to Toe poster! - LoadedWraps Good job! - Weltschmerz A brewski for a cool vato - hectari Merry Christmas - Freedom2013 i learned from the best, like you - Kuyukut 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery 

After Rigo-Donaire and Rios-Alvarado II, Top Rank can burn to the ground for all I care.

I'm not even sure what's taking Golden Boy so long to take over the throne. Top Rank still seems to be the top powerhouse in boxing despite the lack of a decent stable.