Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 03-01-2013, 03:22 PM
SBleeder
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 19 SBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,005,305,752.03
for being a heavyweight in history section - led wipe your dirty mouth - -Ironmike- I heard you like men - -Ironmike- The "I hate Tyson" award of the year - -Ironmike- Good posts. - Barnburner 
No Message - -jose- you suck dick, i will kick you. - Weltschmerz training for your debut to suck dick,! - Weltschmerz 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsRstiff View Post
Pretty certain that Obel was Hagler's mandatory- deserving or not. Do you think Minter would have been healed up and properly trained to fight Marvin, instead of Fully, just a little over 4 months after their first match? I imagine Minter was in zero rush to get back in there with Marvin- he wasn't nearly as brave as you are- so Marvin went about defending his title and Minter went about having his career ended in a year's time.

I love how you're basing an immediate rematch for a guy on him having about a minute's worth of competitiveness with a great fighter! I guess in that tiny lil' window you saw how Minter could actually have had a chance to beat Marvin? I guess that's the out-of-the-box thinking you have- something Minter, his people, and 99.999999% of the fans in boxing history unfortunately do/did not possess.
All I'm saying is that:
1. Minter was not beaten decisively by Hagler. Yes, Hagler was handling him, but the fight was stopped on a cut, not because Minter was absorbing too many blows without responding.

2. Minter took the middleweight crown from the man Hagler couldn't beat the previous year (Yes, I've watched the first Antuofermo-Hagler fight... I scored it for Hagler but it was no robbery.)

3. Minter's resume was superior to many of Hagler's subsequent defenses.

Sonny Liston got embarrassed in the first Clay fight... couldn't even knock him out after rubbing chemicals in his eyes... and quit on his stool. He got an immediate rematch. I don't think it would be unreasonable to give the same shot to Minter (however, the rematch should have been in Boston Garden so that the cultured English fans wouldn't be able to voice their objections).
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-01-2013, 04:00 PM
Ray Corso
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 Ray Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 11,000,066,752.54
Listen to Ray, he knows boxing - valero Knowledgable poster - Weltz Knowledgeable - Beercules invaluable to the training forum - jas 

"cultered" hahahaha yeah like a soccer game hahaha!!! Listen I'll give you that Minter was a decent fellow, most fighters are but to say he was a high caliber middleweight is rubbish. As for Emile, in his day Emile outboxes out punches and puts Minter in his back pocket! Theres plenty of semi main event middleweight that don't have blown up records that would give Minter anything he could handle!! None of them would win titles but they'd fight Minter straight up!! Animal Fletcher, Hard Rock Green, Alvino Manson and a bunch of other guys considered opponents would give Minter plenty!
As I stated he was stopped "alot" and a few times by men without the reputation of bringing power! Who the hell was Jan Magdziarz (15-10 ko'd 5 times) he beat Minter twice by tko and drew with a DQ for both men not "engaging"!! hahaha Really stop the BS about this guy. He had a good win with Vito who was a nut to fight. He even beat him in Vegas or NY I think so congrates but this guy had ordinary skills and other than peaking at the top for a wink he had an ordinary record. Ray.
Old 03-01-2013, 10:03 PM
jabsRstiff
! ! ! !

Rep Power: 4032 jabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 123,155,625,418.64
Total Points: 123,155,635,252.56

SBleeder....

Please, stop. You're a smart guy burying yourself in idiocy. You're 31.....making you how old when this fight happened? You have no idea what the climate was like around that fight afterwards to speak about it the way you are, especially with your absurdly contrarian ways.

Just go and watch that third round again, ya smart dummy. Hagler wrecked Minter in that round. It's why Minter didn't want a rematch. It's why no one in the world besides your 31 year old ass thinks there should have been a rematch.

Minter got cut easily and would have fared no better in a rematch. The world in '80-'81 knew this, but you're here in 2013 to tell us otherwise. Get over yoyrself, you fraud.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:17 AM
taansend
In denial about UK refs

Rep Power: 23 taansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 2,208,973,185.12
Good poster. - ddangerous Nice looking pup.  Have anyother Pepsi - ABOSWORTH 
Smile

If my memory serves me correctly Hagler started the race baiting by saying "I'll never lose to a white boy" which prompted Minter to respond with his equally pathetic crap. I could be wrong though.

The late 70's / early 80's were a bit of a troublesome time in the UK when it came to race too.

I don't think Minter would have fared any better in a rematch. His brittle skin (downing pints of lager does not help ones complexion) was always a problem throughout his career.

I may have shared this story before (I've downed too many lagers over the years) but Alan Minter fell on me once. He was THIS close to getting the back of my hand. It was at the Duke McKenzie Cesar Soto WBO Bantie bout in Hammersmith. Soto was only a kid then & would go on to inflict Jose Luis Castillo's first loss as well as defeating many other decent fighters. The fight was at a leisure centre & the bar was above the main hall & had a glass wall overlooking the ring. Before the main event they introduced all the boxers in attendance including Lloyd Honeyghan, Billy Schwer, Dennis Andries (who had narrowly lost his title the night before) & then they called "Alan Minter".....

"Alan Minter"......

"Alan Minter"......

Someone shouted "He's in the bar" & everyone looked up to where I was buying a round. Minter heard his name & stumbled back, over me (he's ****ing huge) & raised his drink to the cheering crowd below.

I also remember Frank McAvennie was there with a couple of Page 3 girls.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:48 PM
- Ram Raid -
Capricorn # 1

Rep Power: 6 - Ram Raid - has a reputation beyond repute- Ram Raid - has a reputation beyond repute- Ram Raid - has a reputation beyond repute- Ram Raid - has a reputation beyond repute- Ram Raid - has a reputation beyond repute- Ram Raid - has a reputation beyond repute- Ram Raid - has a reputation beyond repute- Ram Raid - has a reputation beyond repute- Ram Raid - has a reputation beyond repute- Ram Raid - has a reputation beyond repute- Ram Raid - has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 33,464,665,922.87
Total Points: 48,469,662,106.62
here is a well deserved banana for one of your morning smoothies - jas for following an epic diet - jas 

Even if the fight had of been competitive, it's very doubtful that Hager would have given Minter a rematch.

He vowed never to fight in Britain again after the vicious level of racism that he encountered.

I don't think he would have gifted Minter a shot at redemption after that.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:21 PM
Dynamite76
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 Dynamite76 has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite76 has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite76 has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite76 has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite76 has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite76 has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite76 has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite76 has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite76 has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite76 has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite76 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 100,072,853.68

MInter got that foot up the old Keister by Hagler, and didn't want none.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:26 PM
TBear
Lords of Boxingscene

Rep Power: 431 TBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond reputeTBear has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 517,371,632,293,860,736.00
Total Points: 517,371,632,293,872,384.00
great espn gallery!! , just finished wlad vs jackson.another great quality upload. - CAPT AMSTERDAM Some espn classic fights... awesome thread T!  I can't beleive I've never seen it - jose830 i couldn't green you , so here's a beer TBear!! - HUGH JASS GIF Thread: Distinguished Service Medal - Barnburner I be loving them gifs you post :fing02: - jose830 
One of BScenes best - jazluvr happy holidays bro - jazluvr thanks T...Merry Christmas to you too. - -jose- lol sorry about the rose, I meant to send you some bubbly lol - -jose- Happy Holidays, bud! - Talisayen 
Happy Holidays, TBear! - peyk-peyk Good looking out, TBear! - Fistic everything good T thanks for asking - -jose- blue parallelogram to you :D - lebrick legendary - lazy 
Classic Boxing Pictures - - Ram Raid - Hope you had a good long weekend. - -jose- Thanks for honoring your bet in a timely manner bro, cheers! - Tyler_Durden honestly T I believe you would make the perfect Mod you got my vote... is it cool with you if I post that on the thread? - -jose- tried to green ya but ive given too much in the last 24 hours, i still got your bakk - Tha_Greatest 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - S A M U R A I Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - S A M U R A I Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - S A M U R A I Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - MANGLER Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - MANGLER 
Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - MANGLER World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - !! AI-Holmes!! Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - cooper5 Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Izrock AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Raider Monkz 
Head and Neck Cancer - Izrock Childhood Cancer - ??? Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - ??? Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Hard Dick Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Unknown Champ 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - BABYBOXER Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Trudoe 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Balls View Post
I never saw Alan Minter vs. Mustafa Hamsho, but for those that did, was it a robbery or a correctly judged fight?
It was judged correctly.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:58 AM
D-MiZe
Iron lungs

Rep Power: 100 D-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 61,479,774,592,950.76
Total Points: 61,484,275,843,972.83
'cause it's going to piss pour! - *Boss Lady* for when I am around. ;) - *Boss Lady* Best chat up line in a gift and or message on Boxingscene. - *Boss Lady* Because you are just so charming. &lt;3333 - *Boss Lady* You haven't been around ... batteries are now dead. - *Boss Lady* 
I read your manual, changed the batteries and made a mess. Ooops :) - *Boss Lady* Merry Christmas - Flab Happy new year! - Toney Loc :kiss: - *Boss Lady* Happy Easter babe :kiss: - Bossy 
25k Posts! :kiss: - Bossy For finishing 3rd in Season 2 of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation Keeping the &quot;Predictorship Challenge&quot; alive. - D4thincarnation The Predictorship Challenge Champion Season 3 - D4thincarnation Happy holidays bro! - led* 
have a safe and Happy New Years bro! :fing02: - jose830 don't get to comfortable with this around your neck, it's going to be taken. - TartanSoldier cause you have janes toney as an avy and cause i cant finish this 6 pack - AyoMaDu Some great posts - jas genius predictions! - jas 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - ЯiZО AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - GetSumBrah Hepatitis C - _PlaT_NuM_ Autism - The Scientist Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - ??? 
Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - siablo14 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Gully Gad Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - 'Sugar' Freddi Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - iBreakbeat Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - iBreakbeat 
Send a message via MSN to D-MiZe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Corso View Post
As I stated he was stopped "alot" and a few times by men without the reputation of bringing power! Who the hell was Jan Magdziarz (15-10 ko'd 5 times) he beat Minter twice by tko and drew with a DQ for both men not "engaging"!!
Did you BoxRec his record?

Old 06-22-2013, 03:59 PM
CHEECH
Contender

Rep Power: 2 CHEECH has a spectacular aura aboutCHEECH has a spectacular aura aboutCHEECH has a spectacular aura about
Total Points: 5,996.44

I remember the fight being one sided n don't remember anyone wanting to see it again. also minter beat antuofermo fair n square, I think he did it twice but whichever he got his belt fair n square, chpped up vitos eyebrows reall good so I don't take nothing from minter but haggler gave him a beatin. I think wasn't ther a point in that fight when his mouthpiece or a gob of Vaseline came loose and haggler hit it in midair? if they had fought again, I woulda watched it but nobody woulda been thinkin minter had a chance to win it
Old 06-22-2013, 04:18 PM
Ray Corso
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 Ray Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 11,000,066,752.54
Listen to Ray, he knows boxing - valero Knowledgable poster - Weltz Knowledgeable - Beercules invaluable to the training forum - jas 

Let me tell you something D-mize there are few if any fighters from England who venture out to learn. They home feed these guys then bring IN a title that they feel they have a shot at! Oce in a while they'll actually put up some real money, once in a while hahaha!!!! The guys with talent don't need that kind of treatment because they're "spoiled" and unprepared when they meet the real deal. Minter was a decent fighter but he fought alot of ordinaries and he got beat by some of them too! Yes I looked at boxrec because I don't remember the names of ALL the ordinaries that visit England through the years! Thats alot of "old names" on the down side who helped more than anyone else build the names of the "elite" fighter there! Ray.