Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 02-10-2013, 11:57 PM
UrDazed
Banned

Rep Power: 0 UrDazed is infamous around these partsUrDazed is infamous around these partsUrDazed is infamous around these partsUrDazed is infamous around these partsUrDazed is infamous around these partsUrDazed is infamous around these partsUrDazed is infamous around these partsUrDazed is infamous around these partsUrDazed is infamous around these partsUrDazed is infamous around these partsUrDazed is infamous around these parts
Bank: 10,612,080,000.00
Total Points: 10,612,109,367.23
another alt Fasttimes? - thuggery A poster with brains! Good job! - ROSS CALIFORNIA A poster with brains! Good job! - ROSS CALIFORNIA 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAC-BOY View Post
You don't get in the p4p because you're young. :ANYWORD: it takes time to prove your worth. And that means you will have to get older. And some are put in there for promotional reason. Like Floyd and Broner.
In 96 the top fighters were Johnson, Delahoya, Whitaker, Jones Jr, Naseem Hamed, Mosley, Trinidad etc.

All young dudes. the young dudes of today just can't hack it.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-11-2013, 12:04 AM
PAC-BOY
#1 Floyd Hater

Rep Power: 252 PAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 17,684,782,779,329,158.00
Total Points: 17,684,782,780,352,074.00
No Message - miamijohn No Message - MR ITALIAN No Message - sickwitit No Message - BOSSHOGG No Message - PAC-BOY 
No Message - miamijohn No Message - PAC-BOY No Message - miamijohn No Message - sickwitit No Message - MR ITALIAN 
No Message - PAC-BOY No Message - miamijohn No Message - PAC-BOY No Message - PAC-BOY No Message - PAC-BOY 
joining the club - MANIAC310 Happy Birthday love :kiss: - Bossy 40,000!!!!!!!! - I'm so sorry Happy holidays bro! - led* Awesome sig - BulgariasFinest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - sickwitit Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MR ITALIAN Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOSSHOGG Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - PAC-BOY Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Rubber Duck 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOSSHOGG Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MR ITALIAN Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - miamijohn Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - miamijohn Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOSSHOGG 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOSSHOGG Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOSSHOGG Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOSSHOGG Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Rubber Duck Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Rubber Duck 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MR ITALIAN Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOSSHOGG Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOSSHOGG Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Sugar Freddi Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Gully Gad 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrDazed View Post
In 96 the top fighters were Johnson, Delahoya, Whitaker, Jones Jr, Naseem Hamed, Mosley, Trinidad etc.

All young dudes. the young dudes of today just can't hack it.
I agree. That was a different era in boxing for sure. We had better match ups then as well. Fighters fought more.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:18 AM
PBP
ATG

Rep Power: 31 PBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 268,554,270,002,016.88
Total Points: 268,685,270,236,102.19
how do you not have any gifts yet? you're a good poster - I'm so sorry great posts! - JAB5239 No Message - mathed STORMTROOPERS - DonMega A pleasure to read your insightful comments - techliam 
It's Easter time, here's an Easter Egg for being an ATG poster - jas for a poster who really knows his sh1t - jas Master poster and socio! - CubanGuyNYC 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeFist View Post
Amateur system has nothing to do with they just aren't good enough. Look at some of the younger big names out there, Ortiz, Canelo, Rios, Mattysse, Chavez Jr. All of them can crack and none of them are what I'd call pity pat punchers they just aren't good enough.
Matthysse is 30, Ortiz and Rios aren't pound for pound caliber talents to begin with and Canelo and Chavez Jr. don't come from the amateur system.

Amateur boxing has historically played a major role n the development of elite U.S. boxers. Look at the U.S. fighters that have been ranked in the top 3 p4p over the past 30+ years:

Sugar Ray Leonard
Thomas Hearns
Aaron Pryor
Michael Spinks
Donald Curry
Mike Tyson
Pernell Whitaker
Oscar De La Hoya

Terry Norris
Roy Jones Jr.
Shane Mosley
Winky Wright
Bernard Hopkins
Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Andre Ward

That's 15 fighters ranked in the pound for pound top 3. 7 of them were olympic medalists and all of them with the exception of Winky Wright and Bernard Hopkins had stellar amateur careers. Donald Curry couldn't participate in the Olympics because of the boycott of 1980. But look how long it took Hopkins and Wright to get into the rankings.

The downfall of the amateur boxing system in the U.S. has been a major factor as to why there aren't many young fighters that are pound for pound caliber talents.

Quote:
If I'm to offer my take on things I think the current situation is down to the wrong fighters getting exposure. There are probably a lot of p4p or fighters with the potential to become p4p level sitting around in obscurity and failing to get developed. Nowadays stars become stars before they prove it with their sweat, investments are protected so they don't move up the ranks.
That's always been the case. Boxing is a business first. If your not marketable, you will never be a star. And one of the best ways to market a young fighter is through their success in the Olympics and the amateurs. Look how HBO, ShowTime and NBC showcase the fights of the U.S. Olympians on their undercards.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:49 AM
Shogunofharlem1
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Shogunofharlem1 has a reputation beyond reputeShogunofharlem1 has a reputation beyond reputeShogunofharlem1 has a reputation beyond reputeShogunofharlem1 has a reputation beyond reputeShogunofharlem1 has a reputation beyond reputeShogunofharlem1 has a reputation beyond reputeShogunofharlem1 has a reputation beyond reputeShogunofharlem1 has a reputation beyond reputeShogunofharlem1 has a reputation beyond reputeShogunofharlem1 has a reputation beyond reputeShogunofharlem1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,048,907.00
Godamn!!! nice avi :fing02: - jose830 

Anybody remember tuesday night fights? That was the spot for young fighters to come in and make their bones. Dudes like Alvarez and Broner would be on something like that trying to build their rep instead of promoters trying to turn them into cash cows already.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:50 AM
Weebler I
El Weeblerito I

Rep Power: 63 Weebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 25,258,013,754.56
Total Points: 50,156,595,961,020.51
Ricky &amp;quot;The Hitman&amp;quot; Hatton - Freedom. We bicker a lot, are we brothers? Lol it's all in fun! Keeps the board alive - Atreyu Khalil have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Happy holidays bro! - led* Top Poster - Dr Rumack 
Probably the most objective poster on this site. - Yosser Hughes Can't green so have this - Alx. Thanks - E.P.T. happy holidays, great poster - sugarsmosley super poster - jas 
Legend - jas 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - bigsmoothh 

What does age matter?
Old 02-11-2013, 01:51 AM
baya
Wrapidad was garbage

Rep Power: 143 baya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,067,159,477,988.12
Total Points: 1,002,067,159,486,594.38
Congratulations! - Sin City to a black PR 'nando.....like tito. - Left Hook Tua for a great guy - jazluvr449 drink uphomie!! - RIZO24 For the Man - jazluvr 
No Message - Tha_Greatest To a great guy and good sport - deanrw LOL man. I love your RIP thread - deanrw ...RIP el boss hog Thread... - jose830 Thanks, did you check me out on the bag? - Cuauhtémoc1520 
No Message - chiguy91 No Message - chiguy91 No Message - chiguy91 youre a joke - MANIAC310 Cheers :beerchug: on your test results...aprende mijo ponte un condon! - jose830 
Greener pastures, my friend. - Fistic Congratulations on your divorce! - -jose- hang this on the wall for good luck with your restaurant - -jose- 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MANIAC310 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - chiguy91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - chiguy91 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - chiguy91 

i'd a gone with 'impressive' rather than 'sad'
Old 02-11-2013, 02:09 AM
oscar_angels091
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 oscar_angels091 has a reputation beyond reputeoscar_angels091 has a reputation beyond reputeoscar_angels091 has a reputation beyond reputeoscar_angels091 has a reputation beyond reputeoscar_angels091 has a reputation beyond reputeoscar_angels091 has a reputation beyond reputeoscar_angels091 has a reputation beyond reputeoscar_angels091 has a reputation beyond reputeoscar_angels091 has a reputation beyond reputeoscar_angels091 has a reputation beyond reputeoscar_angels091 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,567,792,662,260.56
Total Points: 302,136,047,514,551.81
Happy Easter :D  :kiss: - Bossy No Message - MartinC No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA No Message - RossCA 
No Message - Fire and Fear No Message - Fire and Fear No Message - Fire and Fear No Message - FkDaHtrs No Message - FkDaHtrs 
49ers/Saints. thanks for your payment, have a beer on me...cheers! - jose830 No Message - FkDaHtrs No Message - FkDaHtrs No Message - FkDaHtrs No Message - FkDaHtrs 
Thanks for the quick payment on the Netherlands/Mexico bet. :) - Tyler_Durden 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RossCA AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Fire and Fear Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Fire and Fear AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Fire and Fear 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Fire and Fear AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Fire and Fear Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Fire and Fear AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Fire and Fear Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Fire and Fear 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAC-BOY View Post
You don't get in the p4p because you're young. :ANYWORD: it takes time to prove your worth. And that means you will have to get older. And some are put in there for promotional reason. Like Floyd and Broner.
you are one annoying *******
Old 02-11-2013, 03:25 PM
UrDazed
Banned

Rep Power: 0 UrDazed is infamous around these partsUrDazed is infamous around these partsUrDazed is infamous around these partsUrDazed is infamous around these partsUrDazed is infamous around these partsUrDazed is infamous around these partsUrDazed is infamous around these partsUrDazed is infamous around these partsUrDazed is infamous around these partsUrDazed is infamous around these partsUrDazed is infamous around these parts
Bank: 10,612,080,000.00
Total Points: 10,612,109,367.23
another alt Fasttimes? - thuggery A poster with brains! Good job! - ROSS CALIFORNIA A poster with brains! Good job! - ROSS CALIFORNIA 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weebler II View Post
What does age matter?
That there aren't many young stars on the rise.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:29 PM
Cuauhtémoc1520
Head Mexican in Charge

Rep Power: 122 Cuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 14,606,033,603,076.60
Total Points: 14,606,033,795,862.26
Good tutorial - MANIAC310 Feliz Navidad - El Mustang Have one on me, friend. - Grand Champ Great taste in women - Unknown Champ Legendary poster - Cleto_Reyes 
please fukk off,..........now take care, your homie in real life, god bless you you bitcch azz, lol, truly your freind, lol, tha greatest - Tha_Greatest Here's a beer from Bulgaria - BulgariasFinest Great posts, intelligent poster! Always great reading your stuff :) - Bossy No Message - Freelancer One of the best poster's - arraamis 
One of the best posters in the 'Scene - ELHURACAN58 damn homie i missed your 19000 post congrats!    you one the best posters here! - jose830 happy birthday coach! - HUGH JASS Birthday beer, cheers! - MELLY-MEL... i posted &quot;las mañanitas&quot; on the thread before you mention it but took it down thinking it was to gay :lol1: happy birthday bro! - jose830 
happy bday - -Mustang- Happy bday grandpa! - led* One of Boxingscene's finest! - CubanGuyNYC Cuauhtémoc1520 Knows Boxing! - LoadedWraps P4P, a top poster/knowledgeable - SlySlickSmooth 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Underboss World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Childhood Cancer - TBear Childhood Cancer - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

30 and up is the best athletes. It's the trend and it's because nutrition and the advancements in strength and conditioning.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:44 PM
RlCKY
Grade 10

Rep Power: 28 RlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,082,422,246.89
Total Points: 2,082,431,865.91
have an apple.............. - bigsmoothh haha good picture - RossCA Happy New Year RICKY.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy New Years to you and yours bro! :beerchug: - jose830 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrDazed View Post
That there aren't many young stars on the rise.
They're just coming up slower. They're turning pro later and their competition level stays low for a while. Guys are getting 25+ fights before getting title shots which in turn means they're becoming champions later. By the time they either defend it a bunch of times, or move up in weight, they're at least 30.

Hell even Canelo, at the rate he is currently going, will be 30 by the time you talk about him as top p4p, if ever.