Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 08:54 AM
Weebler I
El Weeblerito I

Rep Power: 69 Weebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 78,092,438,788.30
Total Points: 50,209,430,480,107.58
Ricky "The Hitman" Hatton - Freedom. We bicker a lot, are we brothers? Lol it's all in fun! Keeps the board alive - Atreyu Khalil have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Happy holidays bro! - led* Top Poster - Dr Rumack 
Probably the most objective poster on this site. - Yosser Hughes Can't green so have this - Alx. Thanks - E.P.T. happy holidays, great poster - sugarsmosley super poster - jas 
Legend - jas 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - bigsmoothh 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Hickey View Post
Thats Rugby Sevens you ****ing ignorant mong
This x1000 (well not the mong bit, but okay)

OP you weren't watching rugby, you were watching rugby sevens. It's a good game, but very different to 15-man rugby. Less confrontational, and more athletic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt Liquor View Post
I cant figure out why some tackles guys can keep running after and sometimes they cant.
How do you mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Corners View Post
The stamina thing is a terrible argument. So the best in shape NFL players, not offensive and defensive linemen, wouldn't have the stamina to keep up with rugby players??? If America played rugby on a national level and cared for it like Football, basball, basketball, they'd smash rugby players. I'm sorry.
Definitely not. NFL players are trained for explosivity, their game stops after every play, rugby keeps on going.

Last edited by Weebler I; 02-11-2013 at 09:02 AM..
Old 02-11-2013, 09:03 AM
squealpiggy
Stritctly UG's friend

Rep Power: 214 squealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1.76
Total Points: 2,140,326,051,167.17
Good poster and a good guy, from Gmitchell - GMitchell f.aggot - Mizzou Super Piggy. - ABOSWORTH Good shit - mangler jr use it when you are too old to get a man - Carnivore 
The Demon-Haunted World - TheJoker take a break!!, lest you break! - Geze squealpiggy is in love with a f@ggot, lol, nyahahaha squealpiggy told me this, lol, nyahahahaha - Tha_Greatest you obliverated zizou homie, good win in your thunderdome resume, lol, nyahahahahaha - Tha_Greatest Eve says have a bite, its delicious.......... - bearman3000 
ATG Poster - Rich Loc Jr. Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab zombies are not the threat, it's people, well done - Mike Tyson77 Happy holidays bro! - led* 
sometimes I agree with you sometimes I don't but nevertheless I enjoy reading all your post! :fing02: - jose830 Very informative. - Barnburner you're a queer - Weltschmerz One of the worst posters - Weltschmerz Funny poster, deserves a medal - jas 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - ЯiZО Autism - Nemisis Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Mangler Jewnior Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - ƒallenloki Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ƒallenloki World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derranged View Post
Stay out of New York.
Why? Is it full of horrible cunts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Cruise View Post
If you really want a sport where NFL players could cross over then try Rugby League for your smaller running guys. Rules are similar (you run, get tackled, reset etc). You have to make a certain distance before you get tackled a certain number of times.
Rugby League players are all 6'2 and 190 lbs. I played both, there's a place for everyone on a Union team but if you're not tall, strong and fast in League you're pretty much off the team. Went to school with a couple of pro League players.

Quote:
And for the more... errr... rotund NFL players, try this...

Sumo wrestlers are actually very fit, despite their bulk. This might be a better bet:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Corners View Post
The stamina thing is a terrible argument. So the best in shape NFL players, not offensive and defensive linemen, wouldn't have the stamina to keep up with rugby players???
No they wouldn't. American football is set up as a series of sprints with long recovery periods in between and even then the teams are able to switch players at will whenever anyone needs a break from standing up for too long.

Rugby is played for forty minutes with no breaks, then they have a ten minute rest then they play again for forty minutes with no breaks. As a player you're expected to play and run non-stop for the entire length of the game.

Quote:
If America played rugby on a national level and cared for it like Football, basball, basketball, they'd smash rugby players. I'm sorry.
If Americans embraced rugby as a major sport there's a good chance that they would do very well. Third most populous nation on earth, by far the richest and they invest more into sports than anyone else. But they wouldn't run away with it, because the 6'5 230 lb wide receivers and the 6'3 250 lb linebackers would not be able to sustain their output for that kind of time. You would find that your field of available players would narrow considerably as you started to train and select for stamina, will to play and also for vision and awareness of the game.

If you're playing rugby you need to know the game. Every player to some degree or another needs to be able to read the defense of their opponent in order to make the right pass, every player needs to read the positioning of the opponent's offense in order to get to the right position. If you're fast and strong and can catch a ball you can play as a wide receiver. You run exactly where you're told to and catch the ball when it comes to you, that's your job.

The only player who at any point needs to have particular vision is the QB and even that is diminished by the fact that the coach can give him instructions directly into his helmet.

Oh yeah and helmets. Come on.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:12 AM
squealpiggy
Stritctly UG's friend

Rep Power: 214 squealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1.76
Total Points: 2,140,326,051,167.17
Good poster and a good guy, from Gmitchell - GMitchell f.aggot - Mizzou Super Piggy. - ABOSWORTH Good shit - mangler jr use it when you are too old to get a man - Carnivore 
The Demon-Haunted World - TheJoker take a break!!, lest you break! - Geze squealpiggy is in love with a f@ggot, lol, nyahahaha squealpiggy told me this, lol, nyahahahaha - Tha_Greatest you obliverated zizou homie, good win in your thunderdome resume, lol, nyahahahahaha - Tha_Greatest Eve says have a bite, its delicious.......... - bearman3000 
ATG Poster - Rich Loc Jr. Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab zombies are not the threat, it's people, well done - Mike Tyson77 Happy holidays bro! - led* 
sometimes I agree with you sometimes I don't but nevertheless I enjoy reading all your post! :fing02: - jose830 Very informative. - Barnburner you're a queer - Weltschmerz One of the worst posters - Weltschmerz Funny poster, deserves a medal - jas 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - ЯiZО Autism - Nemisis Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Mangler Jewnior Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - ƒallenloki Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ƒallenloki World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas 

Oh yeah and this rugby championship you were watching? It's a really crappy version of the game called Sevens. Instead of being 15 a side it's 7 a side. Also the tournament is not the World Championship, it's part of the World Series (which unlike in Baseball is in fact a series of games played around the world) and not any sort of championship.

So the championship isn't a championship and the game is a third rate version of the sport. It's a bit like saying "Man, these Arena Football guys are really slow! Rugby is a way better game!".

Right now the second most prestigious Rugby Union tournament in the world is being played. It's called the Six Nations and involved England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, France and Italy. The only bigger tournament is the Rugby World Cup.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:36 AM
Tom Cruise
Co.cktail

Rep Power: 31 Tom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 743,879,526,181.10
Total Points: 1,853,879,756,732.97
thanks for the green! - jose830 enjoy the beer and the boobies :beerchug: - jose830 Thanks for the green...eat a healthy burger :D - jose830 No Message - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - HUGH JASS 

Quote:
Originally Posted by squealpiggy View Post
Oh yeah and this rugby championship you were watching? It's a really crappy version of the game called Sevens. Instead of being 15 a side it's 7 a side. Also the tournament is not the World Championship, it's part of the World Series (which unlike in Baseball is in fact a series of games played around the world) and not any sort of championship.

So the championship isn't a championship and the game is a third rate version of the sport. It's a bit like saying "Man, these Arena Football guys are really slow! Rugby is a way better game!".

Right now the second most prestigious Rugby Union tournament in the world is being played. It's called the Six Nations and involved England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, France and Italy. The only bigger tournament is the Rugby World Cup.
Rugby 7's is actually hugely tough in its own right though, the fitness you need despite its short running time is incredible. Rest assured it takes a ridiculously fit person to sprint full on for 14 minutes with only 1 minute break in between. Its no Union or League though
Old 02-11-2013, 02:16 PM
Walt Liquor
the opposite of pure

Rep Power: 101 Walt Liquor has a reputation beyond reputeWalt Liquor has a reputation beyond reputeWalt Liquor has a reputation beyond reputeWalt Liquor has a reputation beyond reputeWalt Liquor has a reputation beyond reputeWalt Liquor has a reputation beyond reputeWalt Liquor has a reputation beyond reputeWalt Liquor has a reputation beyond reputeWalt Liquor has a reputation beyond reputeWalt Liquor has a reputation beyond reputeWalt Liquor has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,519,174,279,467.96
Total Points: 14,001,674,649,741.84
Chunk Cake - Chunk have a beer on me bro! - led some malt liqour for Walt Liqour - sweetpea87 Cheers for baby boy! - led One more for the boy! - led 
Congratulations on a baby boy :) - *Boss Lady* Congrats. - Libido Sanchez Feliz Navidad - El Mustang Happy Holidays Walter! :) - Lorily Happy New Year - Freedom. 
For being a Irish racist - Cuauhtémoc1502 I like your avatar - zab191 I like your avatar - zab191 Merry Christmas Walt. I hope you and your family have a great one. - deanrw the link on your sig made me pull over on the NJ Turnpike :D - jose830 
happy new year walt. - HUGH JASS you killed it! in the 90's hip hop thread :boxing: - jose830 congrats on your daughters first gig walt,you must be very proud. - HUGH JASS Rest In Peace - -Kev- RIP homie! - -jose- 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - BoxingPromoter Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - ƒallenloki Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - The Scientist 
Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - The Scientist Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Flab Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Flab Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Flab Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - -veteran420- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -veteran420- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - LeeVanCleef Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - D.I.E.S.E.L World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - MANIAC310 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MANIAC310 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Unknown Champ Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Unknown Champ 

Athleticism isnt as much taught as stamina.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:18 PM
A.K.A
Banned

Rep Power: 0 A.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,010,000,015,666.77

Quote:
Not even close. I can train to run a marathon I can't train to be Bo Jackson.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:23 PM
Tony Perkins
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 0 Tony Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeTony Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeTony Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeTony Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeTony Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeTony Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeTony Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeTony Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeTony Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeTony Perkins has a reputation beyond reputeTony Perkins has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,100,000,857.24

If you put the NFL elite (excluding QB's) in rugby against the Rugby elite, I'm sorry but the rugby elite are going to get absolutely SMASHED by the NFL elite. Adrian Peterson, Frank Gore, Brandon Jacobs, Ahmad Bradshaw, Arian Foster, Marshawn Lynch, etc.

They would absolutely destroy any Rugby elite team. I'm sorry, but that's the truth.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:24 PM
DeadLikeMe

Rep Power: 61 DeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond reputeDeadLikeMe has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,311,617,856,089,968.25
Total Points: 1,311,622,863,594,054.75
Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab owning pactards - I'm so sorry No Message - MARKBNLV No Message - MARKBNLV 
No Message - MARKBNLV Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil No Message - WESS Thanks for the green - damit305 :rofl: :rofl: Your post on triggs thread - jose830 
No Message - WESS have a cold one on me - sugarsmosley 

Didn't Dhani Jones (former NFL linebacker) play for some pro club in England's reserve squad in a reserves match on his TV show and he was playing at near their level after like a day or two of practice...and he was 35 or so at the time.

Adrian Peterson as a runner
Old 02-11-2013, 02:24 PM
Tom Cruise
Co.cktail

Rep Power: 31 Tom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond repute
thanks for the green! - jose830 enjoy the beer and the boobies :beerchug: - jose830 Thanks for the green...eat a healthy burger :D - jose830 No Message - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - HUGH JASS 

Quote:
not sure i get the sentence but stamina is not all about work ethic.

If you and me both went out running together, (assuming we were magically same height and build) for a few months and then ran a marathon. One of use would be better than the other due to genetics.

Hence why i posted earlier that you can improve stamina through training but some will be able to reach higher levels than others.

Otherwise i could get training now and as long as im training harder than the competitors, i could win the Olympic marathon... Which is ridiculous.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:26 PM
Tom Cruise
Co.cktail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Perkins View Post
If you put the NFL elite (excluding QB's) in rugby against the Rugby elite, I'm sorry but the rugby elite are going to get absolutely SMASHED by the NFL elite. Adrian Peterson, Frank Gore, Brandon Jacobs, Ahmad Bradshaw, Arian Foster, Marshawn Lynch, etc.

They would absolutely destroy any Rugby elite team. I'm sorry, but that's the truth.
i give up... read the thread through mate, my answer to that ridiculous post will be back there somewhere...