Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 02-10-2013, 10:04 AM
~AK49~
Liquor and Whores

Rep Power: 27 ~AK49~ has a reputation beyond repute~AK49~ has a reputation beyond repute~AK49~ has a reputation beyond repute~AK49~ has a reputation beyond repute~AK49~ has a reputation beyond repute~AK49~ has a reputation beyond repute~AK49~ has a reputation beyond repute~AK49~ has a reputation beyond repute~AK49~ has a reputation beyond repute~AK49~ has a reputation beyond repute~AK49~ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,107,263,993,316,823.25
Total Points: 2,107,306,010,380,768.75
good discussion man. - chiguy91 great game thanks for payment :beerchug: - jose830 Great thread - E.P.T. unicorn land :lol1: - -jose- lol - -jose- 
No Message - -jose- 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey 

Quote:
Originally Posted by feroth View Post
There's a big difference, Cotto's fat ass filled out and he can't make 147 no more, him healthy is closer to 154 just like it was 147 a few years back and every time Manny tries to drain him just a bit.

Cotto outgrew 147 yes, but that doesn't mean he's big enough for 154, at that weight he's shorter than everyone else, he's slower, his power isn't as effective and he can't push nobody around...that doesn't mean he can make 147-150 just fine however
Cottos the same size as he's always been, walks out to the ring at the same size. The only reason he hasnt been at 147 for years....is because he hasnt tried. He can make the weight, i think its just more about arrogance on his part. Miguel cotto should be able to eat whatever miguel cotto wants.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-10-2013, 10:13 AM
Dr Rumack
Vaya con Dios

Rep Power: 18 Dr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 3,017,000,142,056.46
knowledgeable poster - thuggery for being a solid poster - Cuauhtémoc1520 Great poster - E.P.T. Good poster. Thumbs up, Doc! - CubanGuyNYC eat fresh - sugarsmosley 

There's definitely some merit in the argument that Cotto shouldn't have had to leave 147 as soon as he did. With the frame he has there was no reason for it really. I think he probably overestimated his own power and thought he could still make dents in people at 154. Not the case really. It was Diaz that got him to box properly against Margarito and win the fight that way. Had he fought Margarito in that fashion first time around he would have beaten him then.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:03 AM
bluebeam
Contender

Rep Power: 0 bluebeam is infamous around these partsbluebeam is infamous around these partsbluebeam is infamous around these partsbluebeam is infamous around these partsbluebeam is infamous around these partsbluebeam is infamous around these partsbluebeam is infamous around these partsbluebeam is infamous around these partsbluebeam is infamous around these partsbluebeam is infamous around these partsbluebeam is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 11,416.86

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS_JAS View Post
lol at these people saying cotto is too small at 154 and then bashing pac for asking him to go down to 150, they just b1tch for the sake of b1tching

cotto was the champ at 154. why should he have fought pacquiao at 150? why couldnt pacquiao just have went to 154 for the fight? instead cotto fought floyd.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:08 AM
toners3
Up and Comer

Total Points: 2,098.76

No sense of loyalty. I wouldn't want to train cotto if every time he loses he'd look for someone else to blame besides himself.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:25 AM
Beater_of_ass
male ass that is

Rep Power: 12 Beater_of_ass has a reputation beyond reputeBeater_of_ass has a reputation beyond reputeBeater_of_ass has a reputation beyond reputeBeater_of_ass has a reputation beyond reputeBeater_of_ass has a reputation beyond reputeBeater_of_ass has a reputation beyond reputeBeater_of_ass has a reputation beyond reputeBeater_of_ass has a reputation beyond reputeBeater_of_ass has a reputation beyond reputeBeater_of_ass has a reputation beyond reputeBeater_of_ass has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,000,090,886.49
great poster - jas atg poster - jas 

I think this is hurting Cotto's legacy, if he changes trainers anyway. Everyime he loses he finds an excuse and it always seems to be the trainer (aside from Marg loss.) He needs to keep Diaz and move down to 147, I mean look how he did with Floyd. He would beat every other 147 pounder aside from Floyd I would say, including Manny. Now what is glaringly showing is his body is wearing down, but he doesn't seem too eager to drain. It's obvious he is doing it for the paycheck now and nothing more, and the paycheck isn't enough to make him work harder.

He SHOULD make 147, I think he still can if he keeps his weight down between fights. However, I don't think that the weight is the only reason for moving down to 147, I think he likes the 10oz gloves, they certainly help him he defensively. Swelling is still a major issue with Cotto and he should just get some surgery while he is on his layoff. It helped Gatti with his swelling issues I'm sure it'll do the same for Cotto with advancement of science. In short:

Keep the trainer
Move to 147
Keep your weight @ 160 between fights
Repair facial damage

I doubt he gets the motivation to do any of this though, that's what makes guys like Floyd and Manny special. The motivation to always be at the top of their game.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:32 AM
The Surgeon
Days Of Glory

Rep Power: 54 The Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 191,195,384,775.95
Total Points: 304,180,258,773.42
Happy 18th  Birthday, Braveheart - jreckoning Yes, Cheers Amigo! - anonymousboxing Thanks for your support - Massage Queen toasting the anglo-scottish alliance - mr.crust Cotto = The man - Animalistic 
Keep visiting the History Section man! - Barnburner To one of  the really good guys in the History section. - Terry A For my best boxing scene mate - BigStereotype Who the ***k is HALGER ????? - McGoorty I know how much the scottish love their flowers so I thought I'd be nice and get you one. - eli porter 
congrats on your first article for KO Digest - fitefanSHO Green :) - dancovboxer cheers - hhs661 CHEERS MATE !!! - BERNIE'S CORNER jaja! pa la victoria de cotto! - Sin City 
For Cotto! - 120 Cheers - typeone Happy New Year! - Scott9945 Cpngrats - typeone Merry Christmas! - TartanSoldier 
Autism - The Surgeon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - The Surgeon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - The Surgeon Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - The Surgeon 

I think he should stay with Diaz,
A. Because i rate him highly.
And B. Because he hasn't much time left on his career and geling with another trainer will take time.

Cotto has been through it in his career, the WAR with Torres, Getting Buzzed by Corley, The battles with Zab and Mosley, rough hard nights with Clottey and Mayweather, Trout Too, not to mention the beating Pacman gave him and the punishment he took from Ol' Loaded wraps! He busts up easier now and isnt QUITE the same fighter but Mainly the problem is he is a STUMP of a fighter at 154 and thus less effective, but i have serious doubts on whether or not he could do 147 now...

He's still got some juice left but needs to take the rights fights and finish his career smart. Diaz fits well but i worry as a Huge Migs fan that its a case of an older fighter in his final run not wanting to put in the work a motivated and straight talking task master like Pedro demands of him...
Old 02-10-2013, 11:38 AM
The Surgeon
Days Of Glory

Rep Power: 54 The Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 191,195,384,775.95
Total Points: 304,180,258,773.42
Happy 18th  Birthday, Braveheart - jreckoning Yes, Cheers Amigo! - anonymousboxing Thanks for your support - Massage Queen toasting the anglo-scottish alliance - mr.crust Cotto = The man - Animalistic 
Keep visiting the History Section man! - Barnburner To one of  the really good guys in the History section. - Terry A For my best boxing scene mate - BigStereotype Who the ***k is HALGER ????? - McGoorty I know how much the scottish love their flowers so I thought I'd be nice and get you one. - eli porter 
congrats on your first article for KO Digest - fitefanSHO Green :) - dancovboxer cheers - hhs661 CHEERS MATE !!! - BERNIE'S CORNER jaja! pa la victoria de cotto! - Sin City 
For Cotto! - 120 Cheers - typeone Happy New Year! - Scott9945 Cpngrats - typeone Merry Christmas! - TartanSoldier 
Autism - The Surgeon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - The Surgeon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - The Surgeon Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - The Surgeon 

To be fair to Miguel he has only dumped a trainer after a loss once and it was speculated before hand that Joe Santiago was only a fill in trainer anyway (For the Pac fight)
Diaz would be his second IF he leaves
Old 02-10-2013, 12:42 PM
jrrod02
Unified Champion

Rep Power: 0 jrrod02 is infamous around these partsjrrod02 is infamous around these partsjrrod02 is infamous around these partsjrrod02 is infamous around these partsjrrod02 is infamous around these partsjrrod02 is infamous around these partsjrrod02 is infamous around these partsjrrod02 is infamous around these partsjrrod02 is infamous around these partsjrrod02 is infamous around these partsjrrod02 is infamous around these parts
Bank: 80,462,408,333.81
Total Points: 80,463,287,288.51
No Message - panyck 

When a fighter starts to decline, he begins to use different trainers to attempt to get the spark back. De La Hoya did this more than anyone, the problem is its no longer the trainer, its the fighter.

Cotto despite the fact he's clearly declining (too many wars) still has given a pretty good account of himself. Stick with Diaz, he wasn't the problem.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:46 PM
Cuban Linx
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 Cuban Linx has a reputation beyond reputeCuban Linx has a reputation beyond reputeCuban Linx has a reputation beyond reputeCuban Linx has a reputation beyond reputeCuban Linx has a reputation beyond reputeCuban Linx has a reputation beyond reputeCuban Linx has a reputation beyond reputeCuban Linx has a reputation beyond reputeCuban Linx has a reputation beyond reputeCuban Linx has a reputation beyond reputeCuban Linx has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,054,227.62
Merry Christmas &amp; Happy New Year - Freedom2013 

This guy is worse than Chad Dawson
Old 02-10-2013, 01:59 PM
-PANDA-
..Playa by Nature..

Rep Power: 26 -PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 41,250,165,811,286.89
Total Points: 41,265,668,607,723.65
a panda always wins - Tha_Greatest SuperPANDA is a playa fa sho!!!!!!! - Chief2ndzOnly! i enjoy ur posts - led have a beer on me - led Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Fire and Fear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Fire and Fear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Fire and Fear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Fire and Fear 

cotto should reconcile with evangalista if he has any hopes of reviving his career...diaz has helped him out a lot as a conditioning coach and therapist but his gameplan for trout showed diaz put too much faith into cotto's power

I think diaz could be a more respected trainer if he gains the pro experience but right now he simply doesn't have enough

I also hate how cotto is probably going to fight just once this year...yeah he's made good money and doesn't have to but if he has any chance of reviving his glory days (farfetched but maybe he has enough left in the tank) he has to stay busier