Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 02-10-2013, 12:09 PM
Sparked_26
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 Sparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond reputeSparked_26 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,062,067.41
No Message - PrinceNaz88 

Don't see why they can't do it now. Quigg already has an interim strap.

It most likely won't be a one-off if they fight either.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-10-2013, 12:14 PM
southpoor
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 0 southpoor is infamous around these partssouthpoor is infamous around these partssouthpoor is infamous around these partssouthpoor is infamous around these partssouthpoor is infamous around these partssouthpoor is infamous around these partssouthpoor is infamous around these partssouthpoor is infamous around these partssouthpoor is infamous around these partssouthpoor is infamous around these partssouthpoor is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 7,883.35

I had the fight pretty even yesterday and thought until that bingo punch that Martinez was headed for a late stoppage win. Frampton looked all over the place at times.

I dont know how he managed to KO Martinez, he and his corner looked visibly relieved at the end, as he was being exposed round after round. He was doing so much running he should have brought his cross country trainers.

Martinez won his rounds big, whilst Framptons combinations missed by a mile most of the time and of course, all were cheered by the drunk Irish crowd.

Quigg would dismantle Frampton on that showing. But as we all know, to get any kind of decision in Belfast is going to be impossible for Quigg.

Quigg will KO Frampton with a body shot if they ever meet, Frampton showed a lot of weakness in this area.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:07 PM
taansend
In denial about UK refs

Rep Power: 23 taansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond reputetaansend has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 2,208,956,356.12
Good poster. - ddangerous Nice looking pup.  Have anyother Pepsi - ABOSWORTH 
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpoor View Post
I dont know how he managed to KO Martinez,
It may have been something to do with that punch that landed on Kiko's chin.
Old 02-10-2013, 01:56 PM
WeltshmerzKO
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 2 WeltshmerzKO is a jewel in the roughWeltshmerzKO is a jewel in the roughWeltshmerzKO is a jewel in the roughWeltshmerzKO is a jewel in the rough
Total Points: 4,024.32

Great fight! Frampton definitely struggled and took some huge shots backing straight out, but i thought he boxed well overall. A little less running and better defence will need to be addressed if he really wants to be a legit world champion and definitively win rounds. Great clash of styles though, need to see more competitive fights like this. Im sick of watching "champs" fight bums for title defences.....cough mayweather....cough
Old 02-10-2013, 01:58 PM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 64 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 496,542,740,766,807.38
Total Points: 525,762,856,857,210.81
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

He certainly did. He proved he can take a punch.

Martinez landed some clean, solid, hard shots and he was never buzzed once.

I think his defense is a problem. He's still learning and growing he's only had 16 fights but he definitely has area's he needs to improve.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:14 PM
Ray*
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR

Rep Power: 57 Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 43,556,214,986,652.66
Total Points: 43,556,215,069,586.24
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
Your out of your damn mind.

Quigg is the only one who wants the fight, and has fought much better opposition to boot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by right hand jab View Post
Quigg has ko'd the man who beat Martinez twice and fought for a World title against one of the better fighters in the division. How is facing a higher caliber of opposition, "ducking" someone?
Jason booth, Jamie Arthur and a done munroe ok, Quigg would follow the same path of resistant that Rick Hatton is promoter followed, along the way his opponents would be sold as having a chance against him but if fact nope, most of his opponents are either former contenders that are finished or have nothing left and aren't a threat but still have a name, that's the way Hatton follow his career and that's how Quigg would follow his own career, the fight should have happen more than 2 years ago but Quigg and Hatton have made excuses after excuses, So am glad Carl is focusing on targeting a world title instead of targeting his main domestic rival again because we all know Quigg like his promoter would duck Carl again.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:35 AM
wja1966
Contender

Total Points: 3,020.98

Carl Frampton proved that he is world class but the problem is the champions of his weight class are elite fighters Donaire,Rigo and Mares.
In any other weight class he would be a world champion but I feel he needs more fights if hes going in against those 3 champions
Old 02-11-2013, 07:46 AM
Hougigo
Streets Ahead

Rep Power: 88 Hougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond reputeHougigo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,427,673,399,144.74
Total Points: 5,437,734,885,567.36
have an apple....... - bigsmoothh heres another one.......... - bigsmoothh thanks bro........... - bigsmoothh Bradley Tribe!! - mathed Bradley Tribe all day... - Rome-By-Ko 
For the real man of steel, Timothy Bradley. -Bradley Tribe - SnakeVen0m Bradley Tribe - mathed Bradley Tribe - mathed STORMTROOPERS - DonMega Great poster, always look forward to your posts - techliam 
No Message - MDPopescu Great sig pic - Boxing Goat WAR Bradley! - LoadedWraps STORMTROOPERS!!! - DonMega Bradley Tribe!!!!! - mathed 
Easter is approaching so here's an Easter Egg for being a HOF poster - jas To a valiant warrior. - DonMega Mount up#The Tribe - Rome-By-Ko a beer for an atg poster - jas To a great poster and fellow Trooper! - LoadedWraps 

Does Quigg count?
I don't remember if Interim counts in some people's mind