Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Reply
Thread Navigation

#101
Old 02-07-2013, 10:24 AM
PBP
TBE
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 16,281
Rep Power: 40 PBP has a reputation beyond repute PBP has a reputation beyond repute PBP has a reputation beyond repute PBP has a reputation beyond repute PBP has a reputation beyond repute PBP has a reputation beyond repute PBP has a reputation beyond repute PBP has a reputation beyond repute PBP has a reputation beyond repute PBP has a reputation beyond repute PBP has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 9,231,000,357,388.27
Bank: 7,559,569,788,861,638.00
Total Points: 7,568,800,789,219,026.00
how do you not have any gifts yet? you're a good poster - I'm so sorry  great posts! - JAB5239  No Message - mathed  STORMTROOPERS - DonMega  A pleasure to read your insightful comments - techliam 
It's Easter time, here's an Easter Egg for being an ATG poster - jas  for a poster who really knows his sh1t - jas  Master poster and socio! - CubanGuyNYC  ATG sign. - Box-Office  Thanks for the bet! - jlf85 
Default

Fact is that nobody from 147-154 is not on the level of Floyd Mayweather.

All of the fighters are unproven, nobody has separated themselves from the pack and they are all still building their resumes, grinding and putting in work to hopefully land a megafight down the road.

With that said, Austin Trout has the best win out of any of the top contenders from 147-154 with his victory over Miguel Cotto. He's the WBA regular champion compared to Floyd's "Super Champion" so he is also a mandatory just like Guerrero. These two should be the frontrunners because they are Floyd's mandatories.

The difference between Guerrero and Trout is that Trout has a win over a top 3 fighter in the division whereas Guerrero doesn't. Guerrero's 147 resume is garbage and on par with that of Devon Alexander.

The only reason people want to see Guerrero is because he will make a more "entertaining fight" style wise. My response is what is so entertaining about a fight that will be decided after 9 rounds and the fighter that's behind does not possess the power to score a come from behind KO? At least Ortiz gave you that possibility. But I can't hate on the Guerrero fight he's beaten the guys he's needed to beat.

But Austin Trout deserves to be in the mix for a Mayweather fight just as much, if not more than every fighter from 140-154.

Last edited by PBP; 02-07-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
PBP is offline
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
#102
Old 02-07-2013, 10:31 AM
The Big Dunn
Classic Man
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 25,945
Rep Power: 59 The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 11,000,666,876.96
Bank: 130,477,637,485,459.81
Total Points: 130,488,638,152,336.77
Have some! - Tamis_Siensya  respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil  cheers! - JAB5239  couldnt green you so heres a medal for your bravery against the tards lol - Rapid Counter  No Message - Sugar Booger 
;) - QuebecSTAR2  &quot;I was hoping you misread this tweet. Sadly, you didn't.&quot; I LOL'd good one - bigjavi973 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbaby View Post
You bring up the Ghost defensively like you're trying to defend that fight. News flash idiot, I support that fight.

Floyd doesn't need to fight Martinez at 150, or 152. And you're right we, including yourself have no idea how Martinez would perform at 154. That's not Floyd's problem. The backlash he's recieving now wouldn't be there though.

No top fighter really goes afte challenges anymore. Martinez himself stopped long ago. I understand that & stand tall & admit it. You however constantly make up excuses as to why it's ok when Floyd does it. You don't understand the context if this tread & are in fact crying more defending Floyd than I am calling a spade a spade.

Look at the front page of nsb. It's all criticizing Alexander, the Ghost, even ginger. That's what we all do criticize everyone slated or rumored in relation to the man, while he ignores the fighters that can end the criticism.

BTW no matter who Floyd fights, from ginger to Trout, he's making bank.
I reference ghost in regards to floyd not picking trout. i didn't say or imply you have a problem with the fight.

The point about challenge is you have no idea what Martinez would do other than 160. So please stop with the "challenge" argument regarding who floyd fights.

I don't make up anything. You have to call it justifying or excuse making because you have no rational way to defend your position. what 35-36 year old fighter EVER chooses challenge over money, especially one at the top of the sport?

SRL Norris/Camacho. ALi/Berbick. ODH/ Pacquio. do I need more examples?

The criticism is going to come regardless of who floyd fights and you know this. Your whole thing is manufacturing some smokescreen when your real complaint is floyd is making a ****load of money by selecting the fighters HBO feels will generate the most live gate and ppv sales.

So if you hate the way HBO and floyd are doing this-STOP ****ING WATCHING HBO AND FLOYD AND STICK TO AMATUER BOXING, FNF, SHOWBOX, EPIX, or whereever else there is boxing.

You don't have to support HBO and floyd. You have other options.
Reply With Quote
The Big Dunn is offline
#103
Old 02-07-2013, 10:34 AM
A.K.A
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 930
Rep Power: 0 A.K.A has a reputation beyond repute A.K.A has a reputation beyond repute A.K.A has a reputation beyond repute A.K.A has a reputation beyond repute A.K.A has a reputation beyond repute A.K.A has a reputation beyond repute A.K.A has a reputation beyond repute A.K.A has a reputation beyond repute A.K.A has a reputation beyond repute A.K.A has a reputation beyond repute A.K.A has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,010,000,016,432.77
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,010,000,016,432.77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashy Larryx View Post
no i want you to tell me..you just said floyd will no fight anyone who is a challenge right??yet trouts only meaningful win is against the same cotto floyd had just beat..so why does trout get praised?
Because Cotto would beat the brakes off anyone Guerrero, Alexander or Canelo has beaten.
Reply With Quote
A.K.A is offline
#104
Old 02-07-2013, 10:38 AM
The Big Dunn
Classic Man
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 25,945
Rep Power: 59 The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 11,000,666,876.96
Bank: 130,477,637,485,459.81
Total Points: 130,488,638,152,336.77
Have some! - Tamis_Siensya  respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil  cheers! - JAB5239  couldnt green you so heres a medal for your bravery against the tards lol - Rapid Counter  No Message - Sugar Booger 
;) - QuebecSTAR2  &quot;I was hoping you misread this tweet. Sadly, you didn't.&quot; I LOL'd good one - bigjavi973 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K.A View Post
Because Cotto would beat the brakes off anyone Guerrero, Alexander or Canelo has beaten.
Cotto in his prime would do that. Cotto right now wouldn't and I think you have to factor in who Miguel is right now.

Delvin rodriguez fought trout better than cotto did.
Reply With Quote
The Big Dunn is offline
#105
Old 02-07-2013, 10:43 AM
A.K.A
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 930
Rep Power: 0 A.K.A has a reputation beyond repute A.K.A has a reputation beyond repute A.K.A has a reputation beyond repute A.K.A has a reputation beyond repute A.K.A has a reputation beyond repute A.K.A has a reputation beyond repute A.K.A has a reputation beyond repute A.K.A has a reputation beyond repute A.K.A has a reputation beyond repute A.K.A has a reputation beyond repute A.K.A has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,010,000,016,432.77
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,010,000,016,432.77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dunn View Post
Cotto in his prime would do that. Cotto right now wouldn't and I think you have to factor in who Miguel is right now.

Delvin rodriguez fought trout better than cotto did.
I was talking about right now. I'd still have Cotto a heavy favorite over Aydin, Berto, Maidana, Bailey and Josesito.
Reply With Quote
A.K.A is offline
#106
Old 02-07-2013, 10:47 AM
Bushbaby
Wild Apache
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Tacoma by way of St Croix.
Posts: 23,163
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 59 Bushbaby has disabled reputation
Points: 1,255,321,647,202.70
Bank: 321,209,878,994,481.56
Total Points: 322,465,200,641,684.25
A fellow Williams fan! - Monkz  cheers - LarryX2011  one of the best posters - MANIAC310  great fukkin poster - chiguy91  Happy new years - MANIAC310 
For a standup guy! - CubanGuyNYC  Bradley's taking this thing down - mathed  Happy Christmas amigo - chav  Great poster. - CounterPunching  Great Tribute to Miguel Cotto!  Thank you for taking the time! - Da Boxer 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - F-22 Raptor  Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mathed  Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - LoadedWraps 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dunn View Post
I reference ghost in regards to floyd not picking trout. i didn't say or imply you have a problem with the fight.

The point about challenge is you have no idea what Martinez would do other than 160. So please stop with the "challenge" argument regarding who floyd fights.

I don't make up anything. You have to call it justifying or excuse making because you have no rational way to defend your position. what 35-36 year old fighter EVER chooses challenge over money, especially one at the top of the sport?

SRL Norris/Camacho. ALi/Berbick. ODH/ Pacquio. do I need more examples?

The criticism is going to come regardless of who floyd fights and you know this. Your whole thing is manufacturing some smokescreen when your real complaint is floyd is making a ****load of money by selecting the fighters HBO feels will generate the most live gate and ppv sales.

So if you hate the way HBO and floyd are doing this-STOP ****ING WATCHING HBO AND FLOYD AND STICK TO AMATUER BOXING, FNF, SHOWBOX, EPIX, or whereever else there is boxing.

You don't have to support HBO and floyd. You have other options.
Like I said, the bold clearly shows you've no idea about the tread topic, original post which you quoted. If you are aware I have no problem with the fight, then what is the point of all your pointless babble??

As far as Martinez you're still offering pre ordained excuses as to why Floyd shouldn't fight the man, still lame.

And no, Floyd won't be criticized by anyone for fighting Martinez & you know it. You don't have to reply to me with all your damn excuses. You can choose to ignore the obvious.

The point of this tread, are for those bashing the Ghosts, Alexanders, Trout & ginger's of the world. They draw cards & pray Floyd chooses them. Go play elsewhere if you cannot comprehend that.
Reply With Quote
Bushbaby is offline
#107
Old 02-07-2013, 10:55 AM
The Big Dunn
Classic Man
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 25,945
Rep Power: 59 The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 11,000,666,876.96
Bank: 130,477,637,485,459.81
Total Points: 130,488,638,152,336.77
Have some! - Tamis_Siensya  respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil  cheers! - JAB5239  couldnt green you so heres a medal for your bravery against the tards lol - Rapid Counter  No Message - Sugar Booger 
;) - QuebecSTAR2  &quot;I was hoping you misread this tweet. Sadly, you didn't.&quot; I LOL'd good one - bigjavi973 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbaby View Post
Like I said, the bold clearly shows you've no idea about the tread topic, original post which you quoted. If you are aware I have no problem with the fight, then what is the point of all your pointless babble??

As far as Martinez you're still offering pre ordained excuses as to why Floyd shouldn't fight the man, still lame.

And no, Floyd won't be criticized by anyone for fighting Martinez & you know it. You don't have to reply to me with all your damn excuses. You can choose to ignore the obvious.

The point of this tread, are for those bashing the Ghosts, Alexanders, Trout & ginger's of the world. They draw cards & pray Floyd chooses them. Go play elsewhere if you cannot comprehend that.
excuse for no fighting martinez? i'm simply saying a Martinez fight at anything other than 160 doesn't make sense if your argument is "challenge".

Quote:
Devon, the Ghost & even ginger are not bums. They're just the guys Floyd knows he can market & manipulate to a calculated victory. Notice Floyd never mentioned Trout & had ton loads of excuses for Martinez....I rest my case.
The above is your last paragraph. My inital response addresses that last paragraph, that floyd never mentioned trout or Martinez because, IYO, stated earlier in the post floyd

Quote:
isn't gonna (choose) the competitive fight. He's gonna choose the easiest fight for the biggest payday
.

which IMO is the real point of this thread because you repeat the same thing daily.

Trout wasn't ignored because he's a threat. he was ignored because he isn't going to make huge money. Martinez wasn't ignored because he's a threat, he has a fight in ARgentina and a rematch with CHavez-two fights HBO has heavily invested in.

Last edited by The Big Dunn; 02-07-2013 at 10:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Big Dunn is offline
#108
Old 02-07-2013, 10:59 AM
Bushbaby
Wild Apache
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Tacoma by way of St Croix.
Posts: 23,163
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 59 Bushbaby has disabled reputation
Points: 1,255,321,647,202.70
Bank: 321,209,878,994,481.56
Total Points: 322,465,200,641,684.25
A fellow Williams fan! - Monkz  cheers - LarryX2011  one of the best posters - MANIAC310  great fukkin poster - chiguy91  Happy new years - MANIAC310 
For a standup guy! - CubanGuyNYC  Bradley's taking this thing down - mathed  Happy Christmas amigo - chav  Great poster. - CounterPunching  Great Tribute to Miguel Cotto!  Thank you for taking the time! - Da Boxer 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - F-22 Raptor  Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mathed  Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - LoadedWraps 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dunn View Post
excuse for no fighting martinez? i'm simply saying a Martinez fight at anything other than 160 doesn't make sense if your argument is "challenge".



The above is your last paragraph. My inital response addresses that last paragraph, that floyd never mentioned trout or Martinez because, IYO, stated earlier in the post floyd

.
The funny thing is that while Floyd won't even mention those guys, just like I said, you're here making all the excuses for him.
Reply With Quote
Bushbaby is offline
#109
Old 02-07-2013, 11:01 AM
The Big Dunn
Classic Man
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 25,945
Rep Power: 59 The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 11,000,666,876.96
Bank: 130,477,637,485,459.81
Total Points: 130,488,638,152,336.77
Have some! - Tamis_Siensya  respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil  cheers! - JAB5239  couldnt green you so heres a medal for your bravery against the tards lol - Rapid Counter  No Message - Sugar Booger 
;) - QuebecSTAR2  &quot;I was hoping you misread this tweet. Sadly, you didn't.&quot; I LOL'd good one - bigjavi973 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbaby View Post
The funny thing is that while Floyd won't even mention those guys, just like I said, you're here making all the excuses for him.
Why would he mention either for a ppv May 4th. Niether makes any sense as an opponent. You have no basis for your criticism.
Reply With Quote
The Big Dunn is offline
#110
Old 02-07-2013, 11:06 AM
B.U.R.N.E.R
DrinkingMannyFanTears
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 36,601
Rep Power: 89 B.U.R.N.E.R has a reputation beyond repute B.U.R.N.E.R has a reputation beyond repute B.U.R.N.E.R has a reputation beyond repute B.U.R.N.E.R has a reputation beyond repute B.U.R.N.E.R has a reputation beyond repute B.U.R.N.E.R has a reputation beyond repute B.U.R.N.E.R has a reputation beyond repute B.U.R.N.E.R has a reputation beyond repute B.U.R.N.E.R has a reputation beyond repute B.U.R.N.E.R has a reputation beyond repute B.U.R.N.E.R has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 201,214,210,637,873.09
Bank: 18,082,379,600,102.69
Total Points: 219,296,590,237,975.81
No Message - No Ceilings  No Message - No Ceilings  One that you haven't bought  :lol1: - Fiend  F*ck the haters, keep doing your thing man. - S A M U R A I  Enjoy it homie. - California Love 
Thanks for the stream. - California Love  welcome to fatherhood my dude!! - SekondzOut  good luck in the league, you'll need it - El Mustang  late congrats on your baby, you will treasure her and god bless you man , that is all - Tha_Greatest  Congrats on joining Imdazed's cheerleading squad. - Mr. Copeland 
For still being a trolling coward. - Jim Jeffries  Feliz Navidad - El Mustang  i like your avatar - zab191  one more - miamike  Good post. - FeFist 
quit monkeyin' around bro - cawadoody  Merry Christmas Burner. Drink up, relax with your loved ones and smile, because you know you have it good. - deanrw  You might need this one day - mesher  Good post. - FeFist  can watch wshh videos on it :D - thuggery 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - No Ceilings  Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - No Ceilings  Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - No Ceilings  Childhood Cancer - No Ceilings  Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - No Ceilings 
Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - No Ceilings  Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - No Ceilings  Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - No Ceilings  AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - No Ceilings  Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - No Ceilings 
Hepatitis C - No Ceilings  Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - No Ceilings  Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - No Ceilings  Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - No Ceilings  Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - No Ceilings 
Childhood Cancer - Grand Champ  Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - El Cabron  Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - PensionKiller  Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - -Top Rank-  Gay and Lesbian Pride - Queen_Leia 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dunn View Post
Why would he mention either for a ppv May 4th. Niether makes any sense as an opponent. You have no basis for your criticism.
Bias.

This dude is trying to parade a Floyd-Sergio fight when Martinez wont even face the top threats in his own weight class. Its weak.
Reply With Quote
B.U.R.N.E.R is offline
Reply

Share This With Friends

Tags
"wants" , fight , floyd , hating , source.

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2014 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:36 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.