Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 02-06-2013, 02:58 AM
Cupo303
Stevenson is neXt

Rep Power: 40 Cupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,667,637,638,183.51
Total Points: 12,732,814,719,733.90
have a beer - AL YANKAB*TCH Wladimir Klitschko the WBA WBO IBF IBO Ring Champion - Freedom. Happy 5k posts, to one of the more intelligent posters! - *Boss Lady* Happy 5015th post! - Flab One of the best posters out there - Superflo777 
one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. one of the best - sugarsmosley 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - bearman3000 
Default Floyd is a Revolutionary for pulling this Contrarian move in picking Alexander

REMEMBER THIS LITTLE GEM, of all the experts picking Guerrero to win in 2011 while he didn't even have a Welterweight fight yet?

It's the 9/11 inside job of Boxing, equivalent. And everyone was involved in it, from these trainers to the media outlets posting this article.

They want to reflate and recreate that Margarito bubble of 2007-2008, and give Guerrero, a scrapper the sympathy payday because of his Cancer stricken wife. A good feel good story. This guy was on the side lines for a whole year doing nothing, and all of a sudden after that article, they carefully maneuvered him, including feeding him a Off-The-PED's Berto who was no longer in his PED-prime. It was all but certain that this was the next fight for Floyd. But Floyd pulled the contrarian move and pulled the rug from underneath them, by picking a starving brother from St.Louis to get the payday instead of a HBO creation - before he faces Canelo.

In return for upsetting the applecart, he got everyone talking and complaining about it, with the message boards going viral. The interest in Floyd-Guerrero was on the same level as Wladimir Klitschko VS (insert inferior fighter here who will clearly lose by forgone conclusion). The only thing left now is for him to go on ESPN and find a Brian Kenny type to argue with, and try and justify his opponent; IT WILL BE CLASSIC.

*I expect a lot of Greed K's from Floyd boy's, nuthuggers, Flomo's and the like. I forgot the terminology around here.

Last edited by Cupo303; 02-11-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-06-2013, 03:06 AM
WARQUEZ
World Class™

Rep Power: 25 WARQUEZ has a reputation beyond reputeWARQUEZ has a reputation beyond reputeWARQUEZ has a reputation beyond reputeWARQUEZ has a reputation beyond reputeWARQUEZ has a reputation beyond reputeWARQUEZ has a reputation beyond reputeWARQUEZ has a reputation beyond reputeWARQUEZ has a reputation beyond reputeWARQUEZ has a reputation beyond reputeWARQUEZ has a reputation beyond reputeWARQUEZ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,808,362,379,835.28
Total Points: 21,905,392,018,781.24
Thirsty? - ??? Top man! - komodo thanks - Starof David No Message - Starof David gift - MANGLER 
Cheers - Even Money No Message - MANIAC310 No Message - dan_cov thanks for donating to the Superbowl Jackpot points will be returned if nobody wins :beerchug: - jose830 good poster - thuggery 
Those points really got me into the site and forums. Thanks again. - Augustane Nice avi :fing02: - jose830 Good man - jazluvr Merry Christmas! =] - Tyler_Durden NINER NATION :beerchug: - -jose- 
For a stand up guy =] - Tyler_Durden World Class Poster - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - komodo Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 

Doesn't take alot of brain power to see what's going on here.

It will fail because Guerrero is smaller than Floyd. You just can't recreate that Margarito bubble out of no where. It's unique to him only.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:14 AM
YOU WILL LOSE
BECAUSE I HAVE PILES

Rep Power: 0 YOU WILL LOSE is infamous around these partsYOU WILL LOSE is infamous around these partsYOU WILL LOSE is infamous around these partsYOU WILL LOSE is infamous around these partsYOU WILL LOSE is infamous around these partsYOU WILL LOSE is infamous around these partsYOU WILL LOSE is infamous around these partsYOU WILL LOSE is infamous around these partsYOU WILL LOSE is infamous around these partsYOU WILL LOSE is infamous around these partsYOU WILL LOSE is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,042,040.07

the mental gymnastics it takes for people to rationalize this......

i hope you have enough strength to get out of the pretzel floyd puts you in
Old 02-06-2013, 03:16 AM
Cupo303
Stevenson is neXt

Rep Power: 40 Cupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond repute
have a beer - AL YANKAB*TCH Wladimir Klitschko the WBA WBO IBF IBO Ring Champion - Freedom. Happy 5k posts, to one of the more intelligent posters! - *Boss Lady* Happy 5015th post! - Flab One of the best posters out there - Superflo777 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - bearman3000 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARQUEZ View Post
Doesn't take alot of brain power to see what's going on here.

It will fail because Guerrero is smaller than Floyd. You just can't recreate that Margarito bubble out of no where. It's unique to him only.
Yes, you're right. But you missed the part where I acknowledged this. I.E. in the vary last paragraph. There was no interest in this like there was with Margarito. Even with Floyd apparently "ducking" the remake of Margarito in the form of Guerrero, nobody will start saying that Floyd is scared to lose. They tried it and they failed. That article of "exerts picking Guerrero to beat Floyd" was the attempt to make him into something he is not.

Essentially, Alexander is his Baldomir of 2008. A protest fight and a collective Fuck You to the establishment. "I will fight the boring brother from St. Louis and give him the PPV payday, instead of the Mexican-American that you all conjured up out of thin air to be a perceived threat",
and I'm paraphrasing as Floyd obviously wouldn't have the wits to say it exactly like that.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:20 AM
BoxingFollower
Undisputed Champion

Total Points: 5,345,601.27
&quot;I got Miguel Cotto by UD&quot; thread  :fing02: - jose830 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupocity303 View Post
Yes, you're right. But you missed the part where I acknowledged this. I.E. in the vary last paragraph. There was no interest in this like there was with Margarito. Even with Floyd apparently "ducking" the remake of Margarito in the form of Guerrero, nobody will start saying that Floyd is scared to lose. They tried it and they failed. That article of "exerts picking Guerrero to beat Floyd" was the attempt to make him into something he is not.

Essentially, Alexander is his Baldomir of 2008. A protest fight and a collective Fuck You to the establishment. "I will fight the boring brother from St. Louis and give him the PPV payday, instead of the Mexican-American that you all conjured up out of thin air to be a perceived threat",
and I'm paraphrasing as Floyd obviously wouldn't have the wits to say it exactly like that.
What PPV payday??? I think this is the first Floyd fight in years that does under 1 Million PPV buys.

Hey. Im black, im a brother, but I ain't buying this ****.

Andre Berto (when undefeated) Vs Mayweather? Cool
Mayweather Vs Bradley? Cool
Mayweather Vs Keith Thurman? Cool
Mayweather Vs Austin Trout? Cool

May Vs Devon??? HELL NO
Old 02-06-2013, 03:21 AM
DoktorSleepless
DoktorWakeless

Rep Power: 26 DoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 107,971,949,242.67
cheers brother! - jose830 Thanks for posting that great fight - Libido Sanchez You're the Man! - SCEN3RY The GO-TO Medal! Given to those who report to duty! (1/20) LIMITED EDITION. - Golovkin have a beer - sugarsmosley 

I didn't believe for one second that Emmanuel Steward seriously though Mayweather vs Guerrero was a pick'em fight. BS press release.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:24 AM
Cupo303
Stevenson is neXt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingFollower View Post
What PPV payday??? I think this is the first Floyd fight in years that does under 1 Million PPV buys.

Hey. Im black, im a brother, but I ain't buying this ****.

Andre Berto (when undefeated) Vs Mayweather? Cool
Mayweather Vs Bradley? Cool
Mayweather Vs Keith Thurman? Cool
Mayweather Vs Austin Trout? Cool

May Vs Devon??? HELL NO
You might be right. I won't argue the PPV numbers, I'll leave that up to somebody else. Where the demand will come for this supply-side fight, I don't know.

But the story is going viral with complains. Maybe they will make Zab Judah Vs Floyd type of PPV numbers, or a bit higher. The St.Louis people will tune in, Floyd will use his Hip-Hop Music industry connection to get the community to watch this. Just enough to get that 900k type event, before the BIG ONE with Canelo.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:37 AM
prinzemanspopa
queenmanspopa

Rep Power: 11 prinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 525,636.36
No Message - poet682006 No Message - poet682006 No Message - poet682006 Top Poster - Stone Roses! one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. 
Happy New Year - Freedom. 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - poet682006 Gay and Lesbian Pride - poet682006 Gay and Lesbian Pride - poet682006 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - nightowl Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - GALACTUS 

I remember reading that article and thinking,"LOLWUT?".This was a Guerrero that had just recently pulled out of a Maidana fight with a shoulder injury,and they're already building him up as an opponent for Mayweather?

And LOL @ Duran's prediction.How many big mac's and Tecate beers did Golden Boy bribe him with to come up with that quote?

Interesting theory,bruh.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:54 AM
techliam
IBF World Champion

Rep Power: 8 techliam has a reputation beyond reputetechliam has a reputation beyond reputetechliam has a reputation beyond reputetechliam has a reputation beyond reputetechliam has a reputation beyond reputetechliam has a reputation beyond reputetechliam has a reputation beyond reputetechliam has a reputation beyond reputetechliam has a reputation beyond reputetechliam has a reputation beyond reputetechliam has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 947,180,577,123.56
Total Points: 958,280,636,843.20
Consistently good poster. - ddangerous cheers m8 - hougigo 

You've basically said "Mayweather is going against the grain" but used big and fancy words to make it sound intellectual.

Any opponent other than Guerrero, maybe Canelo would be going against the grain.

Theres just no justification
Old 02-06-2013, 03:56 AM
P4P_No1
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 P4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 50,446,844.85
Total Points: 10,050,917,921.63
merry christmas - the collector 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupocity303 View Post
REMEMBER THIS LITTLE GEM, of all the experts picking Guerrero to win in 2011 while he didn't even have a Welterweight fight yet?

It's the 9/11 inside job of Boxing, equivalent. And everyone was involved in it, from these trainers to the media outlets posting this article.

They want to reflate and recreate that Margarito bubble of 2007-2008, and give Guerrero, a scrapper the sympathy payday because of his Cancer stricken wife. A good feel good story. This guy was on the side lines for a whole year doing nothing, and all of a sudden after that article, they carefully maneuvered him, including feeding him a Off-The-PED's Berto who was no longer in his PED-prime. It was all but certain that this was the next fight for Floyd. But Floyd pulled the contrarian move and pulled the rug from underneath them, by picking a starving brother from St.Louis to get the payday instead of a HBO creation - before he faces Canelo.

In return for upsetting the applecart, he got everyone talking and complaining about it, with the message boards going viral. The interest in Floyd-Guerrero was on the same level as Wladimir Klitschko VS (insert inferior fighter here who will clearly lose by forgone conclusion). The only thing left now if for him to go on ESPN and find a Brian Kenny type to argue with, and try and justify his opponent; IT WILL BE CLASSIC.

*I expect a lot of Greed K's from Floyd boy's, nuthuggers, Flomo's and the like. I forgot the terminology around here.
interesting point of view but I just can't see no reason for this fight.