Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 10:31 PM
One_Businessman
Property Rights

Rep Power: 13 One_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,000,149,844,041.01
I'm also counting down the days :fing02: - jose830 Thanks - Enayze ATG poster - Mike D 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Default A Free Market, Capitalist solution to Gun violence

I usually don't comment on things outside of economics or politics related to economics, govt spending, taxation and the like....but it's time to offer some free market solutions to this problem.

First, this is a matter of supply-demand. Obviously there is a lot of natural demand for guns and ammunition from private citizens, and thus gun shops and the arms industry profit from that real demand...as well as all their employees. Jobs are created and existing jobs are maintained in that industry. There is no mandate [like in healthcare] to buy their products. Why would someone wanna interfere in this Free Market process by making it harder to buy and own guns and hurt the Gun, Arms industry? Now to the step by step solutions

1) Open carry should be encouraged.

There are some who say we've got too many Guns and that we need less like other countries. I reject this premise. If we got too many guns right now... then we need EVEN MORE guns. This solution should not be resisted but embraced. We need our citizens armed to their teeth and carry it out in the open in a Gun holster... like they did in the old Wild West days. It should be encouraged on a state by state level, with the Federal Govt promoting it as well. Instead of taking our cues from Europe, Canada...we need to be original and do the exact opposite from them and in a way that signifies that it's an American solution. Ideally, if they jump left...we jump in the opposite direction on everything. Which brings us to number 2#

2. Introduce a bill called the Wild Wild West Act and pass it in both the House and the Senate, and have the President embrace it and sign it with enthusiasm.

In so many words... this law should state that individual citizens are allowed to have voluntary cowboy type stand off's... where they're allowed to kill each other legally. Both parties involved would have to sign a private contract amongst themselves (see contract laws) to agree to do this and have their duel in a designated area somewhere, where no bystanders can possibly get killed...all the details/stipulation, clause get ironed out in the contract. This would allow citizens who have a problem with each other and would like to hurt or kill each other, a legal way to do it instead of breaking the law and illegally murdering someone. See Gene Hackman in The Quick and the Dead for visual example, to give you an idea:

Conclusion; the combination of open carry and legal stand off's which are regulated through private contract laws would reduce crime through deterrents (everyone has a gun, look out) and if still interested in harming someone, a legal way to do it (lets sign a contract to agree to a cowboy type stand off. The contest ends when one of us is dead.)

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy lives and reading my solutions.

Last edited by One_Businessman; 07-08-2014 at 09:56 PM..
Old 02-06-2013, 01:18 AM
One_Businessman
Property Rights

Rep Power: 13 One_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Businessman has a reputation beyond repute
I'm also counting down the days :fing02: - jose830 Thanks - Enayze ATG poster - Mike D 

What no rave reviews........Rockin'...
Old 02-06-2013, 01:28 AM
▀ringer
F*ck Subtlety

Rep Power: 368 ▀ringer has a reputation beyond repute▀ringer has a reputation beyond repute▀ringer has a reputation beyond repute▀ringer has a reputation beyond repute▀ringer has a reputation beyond repute▀ringer has a reputation beyond repute▀ringer has a reputation beyond repute▀ringer has a reputation beyond repute▀ringer has a reputation beyond repute▀ringer has a reputation beyond repute▀ringer has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,183,896,836,379,286,528.00
Total Points: 2,183,896,836,469,419,520.00
The_Bringer - TBear sup - TBear super - TBear super Bringer - TBear man of steel! - TBear 
man of steel! - TBear thumbs up - TBear The_Bringer - TBear mas - TBear mas - TBear 
The_Man - TBear superman'd - TBear No Message - Fresno I so wnted to send you karma for a post you made, that I just read. I can't though, so this is the next best thing :lol1: - Bossy i see you are mad at me, lol, be calm, be cool, i am not your enemy, lol, your a guy who thinks too much, lol, take care my good pal - Tha_Greatest 
please rate my avy bro - MANIAC310 Thanks brother - Strictly_UG I'm just a 35 year old hanging out here for some laughs and I must say I've never laughed so hard at those the basically roast you did especially MEAT's much respect on your EXECUTION skills - jose830 You the man. - Fistic Cheers man,hot dog and a beer on me - Scott.Weiland 
Head and Neck Cancer - mangler Childhood Cancer - mangler AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - street bully 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - street bully Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - street bully Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - street bully World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Jim Jeffries Childhood Cancer - Grand Champ 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mangler Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - mangler Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER 
Head and Neck Cancer - MANGLER Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - MANGLER Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Scott.Weiland 

Old 02-06-2013, 05:09 AM
One_Businessman
Property Rights

Well at least someone responded. I suspect the Anti-Capitalist, Anti-Gun control freak pacifist's will duck this solution like a plague.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:34 AM
BetterCallSaul
Shot!

Rep Power: 36 BetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 166,779,852,358.82
Total Points: 206,799,963,279.61
'Dr Boring' LMAO!!!! - Chunk Funny stuff. - The RealDeal No Message - murfbreak3r Poster of the month award! - The Surgeon Knows what is good for the sport. - deanrw 
Enjoy - rorymac Happy Easter, some e-choccie for you :D - Bossy 

I fully support this scheme.

American population control is never a bad idea.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:04 AM
gingeralbino
WAR MAGEE!!!

Rep Power: 26 gingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 23,117,874,810,032.31
Total Points: 23,117,874,897,976.30
ugly kid is gonna need it after he gets whooped - Sir TomJones top poster - S~T~J For being a consistently rock solid poster - The Surgeon one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. Happy St Patrick's Day - Freedom2014 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- 

and a new spectator sport is created. The guys who wanna duel can sell it on ppv on a winner takes all basis as well as having a live gate (behind a bullet proof safety screen of course). Professional duelers will become superstars and household names; and un and coming duelers who want to make a name for themselves can appear on the undercard. As they've all signed the correct papers it will be legal.

Im all for it.

Would bullet proof vest be allowed to ensure the skill level of getting a head shot first time is high? Is it pistols only or can shot guns and assault weapons be allowed?

Big money spinner great idea
Old 02-06-2013, 11:06 AM
Derranged
New York City sucks

Rep Power: 170 Derranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 24,814,855,714,128.65
Total Points: 27,924,911,634,779.70
merry xmas - Subtraction No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest BURRRRRRRRRR! - Natedatpkid 
Beer bro! - led Thread of the year- "Drunk Lang" - BostonGuy If u delete this, ur gay !! - wazaa. *mwah* - led Merry Christmas - Flab 
Shit, sorry. I mean: Happy Hanukkah! (No offence intended) - Flab Feliz Navidad - El Mustang merry christmas jew.... - dj emzz Happy Holidays bro! - led Happy holidays Mario! - led* 
Feel sweeter this Friday honey - Weltschmerz Happy Hannukkah! - led pretend it's JAB - Weltschmerz Official Queer of the Year Award - Weltschmerz Happy Birthday fine sir.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Rocky... Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - !! AI-Holmes!! Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - BoxingPromoter Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - BostonGuy World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 

The key to ending gun violence: More guns.

Makes perfect sense.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:09 PM
One_Businessman
Property Rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingeralbino View Post
and a new spectator sport is created. The guys who wanna duel can sell it on ppv on a winner takes all basis as well as having a live gate (behind a bullet proof safety screen of course). Professional duelers will become superstars and household names; and un and coming duelers who want to make a name for themselves can appear on the undercard. As they've all signed the correct papers it will be legal.

Im all for it.

Would bullet proof vest be allowed to ensure the skill level of getting a head shot first time is high? Is it pistols only or can shot guns and assault weapons be allowed?

Big money spinner great idea
Now lets not get ahead of ourselves here. What I proposed is moderate, common sense solution.

This is just hyperbole.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:39 PM
- Righteous -
No easy way out

Rep Power: 37 - Righteous - has a reputation beyond repute- Righteous - has a reputation beyond repute- Righteous - has a reputation beyond repute- Righteous - has a reputation beyond repute- Righteous - has a reputation beyond repute- Righteous - has a reputation beyond repute- Righteous - has a reputation beyond repute- Righteous - has a reputation beyond repute- Righteous - has a reputation beyond repute- Righteous - has a reputation beyond repute- Righteous - has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: -5,378,635,753,323,323.00
Total Points: -3,225,035,753,181,500.00
No Message - Pretty Boy32 No Message - Pretty Boy32 No Message - Pretty Boy32 No Message - Pretty Boy32 No Message - Pretty Boy32 
No Message - Pretty Boy32 thanks for your contribution to the thread - robson24 thank you UG - Ogecca MaMa Not Guilty - Own3d May luck be ever in your favor - Hyper Knuckles 
No Message - -jose- biggest wannabe on boxingscene. Wipe the sneeze from under your nose - Weltschmerz kick this wannabe alpha male - Weltschmerz delusional twat suck on this - Weltschmerz post your own picture, midget faqqot ass - Weltschmerz 
kick this retarded cretin - Weltschmerz what a legend - sugarsmosley I made out with this guy's mom. - AnnunakiJesus for when you suck dick - -Weltschmerz- Ballsy.lets do it. - Scott-Weiland 
Hepatitis C - Spray_resistant Gay and Lesbian Pride - SILVA Gay and Lesbian Pride - KirbyLovesTacos 

There's no such thing as gun violence.

It falls under the same category as human violence.

And you can't cure human violence. Except maybe through extreme oppression but..... f that.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:19 PM
One_Businessman
Property Rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strictly_UG View Post
There's no such thing as gun violence.

Of course not. But what's the latest buzz word in the anti-capitalist/authoritarian media for Guns... after that school shooting hysteria? Gun Control? Gun Violence? Assault weapons? I picked Gun violence because gun control/assault weapon is offensive and a misnomer.

But thanks for dropping in and contributing...

Last edited by One_Businessman; 02-06-2013 at 07:23 PM..