Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 02-05-2013, 07:02 PM
Jocknerd94
Contender

Rep Power: 2 Jocknerd94 is a jewel in the roughJocknerd94 is a jewel in the roughJocknerd94 is a jewel in the rough
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 6,972.50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameful View Post
how can england NOT offer the best $$$ after sellin OUT 18000 tickets?

money may can't even selll out MSG
Believe me at this point Mayweather would sell out anywhere he went. And you are assuming Froch wins. It is a 50/50 fight.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-05-2013, 07:47 PM
Hitman932
I LOVE Euro Fighters!!

Rep Power: 87 Hitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond reputeHitman932 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,434,715,133,285.77
Total Points: 1,434,724,057,108.33
sneak this in - mgkirkpatrick Cheers - squealpiggy For the Michigan Victory - IncuFan Lickle Ricky is thankful for the fight. - OASIS_LAD Karoly Balzsay - Tunney 
Cheers to the unban you racist polack! - Mizzou on the money bro! - MELLY-MEL... happy birthday hitman! - Makavelli Amir Khan is better than the cowardly Zsolt Erdei - Freedom. To cheer you up after TT's loss, I know you chaps enjoy these! - The Weebler I 
Great breakdown of those boxing crooks - hectari 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameful View Post
how can england NOT offer the best $$$ after sellin OUT 18000 tickets?

money may can't even selll out MSG
Because HBO/Showtime money typically dwarfs the gate.

Even if you assume 18,000 tickets at average of $100 it's only 1.8 million. Though I don't know how it breaks down I am sure the venue gets a good % of that or a healthy site fee that cuts into it.

I am not not sure what HBO/Sho would pay for the rights to the fight but it would be well over a million and maybe as much as two.

HBO/Sho however, will not offer that kind of money if the fight is happening in Europe and not in primetime in the USA. And it might not draw 18,000 in Vegas but it would draw a decent gate and probably at higher average ticket prices.

Not only that but I don't think Froch has that much issue with traveling to the USA. He's never gotten real respect from UK fans and they're only now jumping on his bandwagon after Haye and Khan turned out to be jokes.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:50 PM
vacon04
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 vacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond reputevacon04 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,186,858,136,906.55
Total Points: 1,187,859,157,338.81
i ran out of green to give, but have a gift. you're a very good poster from what i've seen. - chiguy91 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocknerd94 View Post
The best offer should get the fight. If American brings the most money then it should get it. If England or Denmark have the best offer then they should get it.
Either way it would be interesting to see again.
Well considering that the purse for Kessler and Froch for this fight is $2 million, I think they can offer more money than in the US.

Ward got $1.2 million for his fight with Dawson btw.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:21 PM
fredhopple
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 0 fredhopple has a spectacular aura aboutfredhopple has a spectacular aura about
Total Points: 533.48
Default Froch is England's only sports hero

Froch is England's greatest warrior of all time. short list but still number one. With no true pro sports england has nothing to cheer for but for Froch.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:26 PM
Dr Rumack
Vaya con Dios

Rep Power: 18 Dr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 3,017,000,137,255.42
knowledgeable poster - thuggery for being a solid poster - Cuauhtémoc1520 Great poster - E.P.T. Good poster. Thumbs up, Doc! - CubanGuyNYC eat fresh - sugarsmosley 

Great to see what can happen when a sport's not hidden away on some subscriber only network.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:37 PM
Jocknerd94
Contender

Rep Power: 2 Jocknerd94 is a jewel in the roughJocknerd94 is a jewel in the roughJocknerd94 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Rumack View Post
Great to see what can happen when a sport's not hidden away on some subscriber only network.
Isn't this fight on PPV in the UK and on a subscriber network in the US?
Old 02-05-2013, 08:39 PM
Jocknerd94
Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman932 View Post

Even if you assume 18,000 tickets at average of $100 it's only 1.8 million. Though I don't know how it breaks down I am sure the venue gets a good % of that or a healthy site fee that cuts into it.

I am not not sure what HBO/Sho would pay for the rights to the fight but it would be well over a million and maybe as much as two.

HBO/Sho however, will not offer that kind of money if the fight is happening in Europe and not in primetime in the USA. And it might not draw 18,000 in Vegas but it would draw a decent gate and probably at higher average ticket prices.

Not only that but I don't think Froch has that much issue with traveling to the USA. He's never gotten real respect from UK fans and they're only now jumping on his bandwagon after Haye and Khan turned out to be jokes.
This pretty much answers the question.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:42 PM
Weebler I
El Weeblerito I

Rep Power: 66 Weebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 33,327,412,746.29
Total Points: 50,164,665,385,519.87
Ricky &amp;quot;The Hitman&amp;quot; Hatton - Freedom. We bicker a lot, are we brothers? Lol it's all in fun! Keeps the board alive - Atreyu Khalil have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Happy holidays bro! - led* Top Poster - Dr Rumack 
Probably the most objective poster on this site. - Yosser Hughes Can't green so have this - Alx. Thanks - E.P.T. happy holidays, great poster - sugarsmosley super poster - jas 
Legend - jas 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - bigsmoothh 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredhopple View Post
Froch is England's greatest warrior of all time. short list but still number one. With no true pro sports england has nothing to cheer for but for Froch.
new alt fastblack? same semi-literate style. I see Froch has helped even you overcome strong your racist tendencies to some degree.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:14 PM
shade darkar
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 20 shade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,260,586,116,045.94
Total Points: 1,261,586,130,261.92
Big ups G - The_Demon shade darkar deserves a kick - Freedom. 

looking forward to this fight. wouldnt have minded going to that but it looks like iv no chance of getting a ticket! atmosphere will be quality i bet!
Old 02-06-2013, 06:26 AM
Gordon_Gekko
Contender

Total Points: 21,136.37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocknerd94 View Post
This pretty much answers the question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman932 View Post

The average ticket price is north of $250.

The majority of seats were priced between £80-200.

The only cheap seats (£40-60), were in the last blocks of the top tier. Everything ringside and floor was £200-500, and the entire first tier was £100-200.

The gate is at least £2m+ (based on avg ticket price of c.£125 which is $3.5m+ gate.

PPV will clearly top that up. They needed the O2 arena and PPV to make the fight viable from a financial perspective.

Also - massive ticket booking fees also probably help the venue payment (I paid over £60 in fees), when booking 3 tix for £600. The tickets were sold through the O2 arena.

Whenever I see American ticket prices they seem to be cheaper than UK prices. UK is very expensive for boxing for some reason, so I dispute your Vegas being £££ for tickets point.

GG

Last edited by Gordon_Gekko; 02-06-2013 at 06:28 AM.