Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 02-08-2013, 09:03 PM
Japanese Boxing
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 5 Japanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 945,031,414.84
deliciousness - tongue me Thanks!!! - DempseyRollin well deserved - HaglerSteelChin 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - tongue me 

Lol crossfit is the biggest ****ing joke in the world. Try doing workouts with proper form and you'll exceed any results without the injuries crossfit can provide. 95$ for a piece of **** high intensity workout with wrong form. You're getting ****ed over bro.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-08-2013, 11:58 PM
*Boss*
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 *Boss* has a reputation beyond repute*Boss* has a reputation beyond repute*Boss* has a reputation beyond repute*Boss* has a reputation beyond repute*Boss* has a reputation beyond repute*Boss* has a reputation beyond repute*Boss* has a reputation beyond repute*Boss* has a reputation beyond repute*Boss* has a reputation beyond repute*Boss* has a reputation beyond repute*Boss* has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 38,212,572.26
Enjoy the fight, you're an excellent poster! - dancovboxer 

Any training is better than no training. With that said , crossfit is expensive as f*ck. I live in montreal , there are a few crossfit gyms here , cant believe how expensive it is.
Old 02-09-2013, 02:21 AM
sammiza567
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 12 sammiza567 has a reputation beyond reputesammiza567 has a reputation beyond reputesammiza567 has a reputation beyond reputesammiza567 has a reputation beyond reputesammiza567 has a reputation beyond reputesammiza567 has a reputation beyond reputesammiza567 has a reputation beyond reputesammiza567 has a reputation beyond reputesammiza567 has a reputation beyond reputesammiza567 has a reputation beyond reputesammiza567 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,158.61
Total Points: 1,050,045,440.57
kick this idiot - Freedom. 

nothing against crossfit because a huge percentage of the world doesnt train so anything to get people working out is good. this is a boxing website and if your actually training to compete as a fighter and you do crossfit you need to seriously reconsider. time spent doing the "WOD" and all that jazz. crossfit will in general drop bodyfat but not really make you elite in anything. power/strength/speed/explosive those are the only reasons a fighter needs any type of weight training so why waste the valuable time your not doing skills with some bull**** fad. I use weights as a means to an end, to be a better athlete. crossfit is the ends. you do crossfit to get better at doing crossfit. period.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:36 PM
them_apples
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 them_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,342,574,679.70
Total Points: 8,543,718,327.16
For making sense -- a rarity on BoxingScene. - S a m u r a i You make sense. Cheers, bro! - FightFreak 
Send a message via MSN to them_apples

crossfit is amazing. got in the best shape of my life and stayed there.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:38 PM
them_apples
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 them_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond reputethem_apples has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,342,574,679.70
Total Points: 8,543,718,327.16
For making sense -- a rarity on BoxingScene. - S a m u r a i You make sense. Cheers, bro! - FightFreak 
Send a message via MSN to them_apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammiza567 View Post
nothing against crossfit because a huge percentage of the world doesnt train so anything to get people working out is good. this is a boxing website and if your actually training to compete as a fighter and you do crossfit you need to seriously reconsider. time spent doing the "WOD" and all that jazz. crossfit will in general drop bodyfat but not really make you elite in anything. power/strength/speed/explosive those are the only reasons a fighter needs any type of weight training so why waste the valuable time your not doing skills with some bull**** fad. I use weights as a means to an end, to be a better athlete. crossfit is the ends. you do crossfit to get better at doing crossfit. period.
you are talking out of your ass. Crossfit pretty much made me bulletproof in the ring. you don't understand how hard they push you at crossfit.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:41 PM
NearHypnos
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 NearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 349,228,651,389.81
Total Points: 372,729,159,143.88
thanks for the vid man - mellow_mood Great poster! - UTEP 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
Lol crossfit is the biggest ****ing joke in the world. Try doing workouts with proper form and you'll exceed any results without the injuries crossfit can provide. 95$ for a piece of **** high intensity workout with wrong form. You're getting ****ed over bro.
This to an extent. I've heard great things, have heard horror stories too..and I've seen some **** that makes me wonder why the f uck anyone would encourage such bad form. I guess having if you have a good foundation and are already relatively "fit" it could be a good challenge..but wow I've seen some god awful ish.

For those curious they sometimes have some great groupon specials for those interested.

For those who kind of know wtf they're doing or know their body, you can achieve the same results or better at a gym or with some friends. You honestly don't even need to lift weights to get stronger if you work with your own body weight but that's a different story. Like I have always been told "Whatever works for you"

Last edited by NearHypnos; 02-09-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:07 AM
Mike_Erm
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 3 Mike_Erm has a reputation beyond reputeMike_Erm has a reputation beyond reputeMike_Erm has a reputation beyond reputeMike_Erm has a reputation beyond reputeMike_Erm has a reputation beyond reputeMike_Erm has a reputation beyond reputeMike_Erm has a reputation beyond reputeMike_Erm has a reputation beyond reputeMike_Erm has a reputation beyond reputeMike_Erm has a reputation beyond reputeMike_Erm has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 3,383.45
Default Crossfit

I coach a lot of boxers right now and honestly i am trying to set something up for them as a group to do the WOD at the local crossfit gym a few times a week.. It will make you punch harder, take a punch better, and most importantly will make you mentally tough.. Which in my opinion is the biggest benefit especially to some of the high risk youth that our in the boxing game.. Boxers hate weights but all the best do it and when Manny was on top he was lifting and that's the truth. Marquez lifted a lot during his camp and Manny didn't, i'm just saying......Olympic lifts are the way to go and the USA boxing team should defiantly doing crossfit type lifts at the OTC..
Old 02-10-2013, 01:05 PM
Trigger Nasty
The fcks a Lommy?

Rep Power: 49 Trigger Nasty has a reputation beyond reputeTrigger Nasty has a reputation beyond reputeTrigger Nasty has a reputation beyond reputeTrigger Nasty has a reputation beyond reputeTrigger Nasty has a reputation beyond reputeTrigger Nasty has a reputation beyond reputeTrigger Nasty has a reputation beyond reputeTrigger Nasty has a reputation beyond reputeTrigger Nasty has a reputation beyond reputeTrigger Nasty has a reputation beyond reputeTrigger Nasty has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 179,066,576,110.58
Total Points: 600,068,008,836.13
monkey - Pretty Boy32 your favourite. - Pretty Boy32 for ya juicer - BostonGuy It's time to RISE - Mike Tyson77 Keep up the good work! - codey 
Thank you for the info, that is what I'll do. - BulgariasFinest sometimes I wonder where the fuck you come up with some of these threads but regardless they make me :lol1: cheers brother! - jose830 Best poster on the scene! - sweetpea87 Merry Christmas to you and yours Trigg. I hope 2013 brings you everything you ever wished for - deanrw Keep making vids bro, ur my top BS poster. HNY! - led* 
Boxingscene's Media Master. - TartanSoldier you're the best lounge poster - Freedom. It's ok - Lovci for haffing such a huge shafter - Das poopshaften for the caveman diet - ted*. 
more for the diet - ted*. an apple a day makes you smarter - ted*. some more fruit for you fruity - ted*. 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - codey 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammiza567 View Post
You're wrong. Crossfit is geared towards functional training. Functional training is a classification of exercise which involves training the body for the activities performed in daily life. The includes boxing!!!
Old 02-10-2013, 02:24 PM
Main Source
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 Main Source has a reputation beyond reputeMain Source has a reputation beyond reputeMain Source has a reputation beyond reputeMain Source has a reputation beyond reputeMain Source has a reputation beyond reputeMain Source has a reputation beyond reputeMain Source has a reputation beyond reputeMain Source has a reputation beyond reputeMain Source has a reputation beyond reputeMain Source has a reputation beyond reputeMain Source has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 6,865,478,913,890.25

Over here it's $50 per month, unlimited access. It's still more expensive than going to the fitness gym or at my local boxing gym.

Cross-fit is very popular here and a lot of my friends are obsessed with it. However, I've spoken to a number of physicians who're beginning to speak against it because a lot of "cross-fitters" are over-doing it. I don't know how it is in USA but over here it has almost become a religion. Speak against it and they'll hang you.

We had 3 boxers at my boxing gym who also did cross-fit. They're all out with back, knee and neck injuries. Cross-fit has some good routines but a lot of it are just fundamentally wrong seen from a health perspective. Running on pavement isn't good for your joints. Imagine how your joints will react to cross-fit after you've done it in 5-15 years.

I stick to my coaches boxing routines, do a lot of roadwork in the forrest and on sand and I'll always keep a jump rope with me.
Old 02-14-2013, 02:31 AM
Alton
Amateur

Total Points: 588.83

According to me that both of has own importance.Some people like
the crossfit and some people like boxing.Both of the best for fitness
and keep maintain of the body weight.So i like the crossfit and
boxing....