Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 02-04-2013, 09:18 PM
DoktorSleepless
DoktorWakeless

Rep Power: 30 DoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,107,972,022,009.71
cheers brother! - jose830 Thanks for posting that great fight - Libido Sanchez You're the Man! - SCEN3RY The GO-TO Medal! Given to those who report to duty! (1/20) LIMITED EDITION. - Golovkin have a beer - sugarsmosley 
Knows his stuff - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
by adding caribe to the equation?
I think the article implied that he wants to get rid of them. He was already with Caribe before TR and now he wants TR to settle their legal dispute for good.

Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 02-04-2013 at 09:21 PM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-04-2013, 09:18 PM
CubanGuyNYC
Latin From Manhattan

Rep Power: 33 CubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,312,604,273,765,774.00
Total Points: 11,312,604,273,793,556.00
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil For being a good poster - Cuauhtémoc1520 good poster - -MAKAVELLI- victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov 
Have a beer to celebrate! - dan_cov Le ganamos! - Matty Ice We Finally Here, this is our moment!!! - Cubanborn87 how Fredie Mercury would say...We are the champions..we are the champion...of the world.. - *ANGRY CUBAN* Voice of reason - P4P poster. ATG, NSB HoF. - damit305 
Happy New Year CubanGuyNYC - TBear Thanks bro, Happy New Years! All the best for 2014. - dan_cov Great BoxingScene poster and top guy - a beer for my Cuban brethren! - PainfromUkraine true top notch poster - sugarsmosley intelligent poster, here's a sandwich to munch into - jas 
good lookin' out! - lefthook2daliva For the old drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Sour grapes, drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Here you go man .. Always thought u represent us very well . I once referred to u as our &quot; diplomatic ambassador &quot; on here.  I think it suits u well !!!!! - Respect Power NSB Book of Wisdom - damit305 

Quote:
wtf is rigo doing? first pedro diaz now caribe? so he wants more people to take food off his plate? You must be kidding if this is too complicated it mite just cost him the fight, this reminds me of the gamboa rios situation. He should take the money and get to it, come on now.
Some of this is out of left field. The Pedro Diaz issue isn't totally unexpected, but this concern with Caribe Productions and Top Rank? Whaaaat? Rigo better not spoil this with some BS!
Old 02-04-2013, 09:19 PM
garfios
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 garfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these partsgarfios is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 100,065,124.81

PPL forget that last fight Caribe took Rigondeaux to court, 72 hours before fight time and Rubio had to drag him out of his bedroom for the fight, he doesn't want any controversy or distractions for his biggest fight, and I agreed...
Old 02-04-2013, 09:21 PM
CubanGuyNYC
Latin From Manhattan

Rep Power: 33 CubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil For being a good poster - Cuauhtémoc1520 good poster - -MAKAVELLI- victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov 
Have a beer to celebrate! - dan_cov Le ganamos! - Matty Ice We Finally Here, this is our moment!!! - Cubanborn87 how Fredie Mercury would say...We are the champions..we are the champion...of the world.. - *ANGRY CUBAN* Voice of reason - P4P poster. ATG, NSB HoF. - damit305 
Happy New Year CubanGuyNYC - TBear Thanks bro, Happy New Years! All the best for 2014. - dan_cov Great BoxingScene poster and top guy - a beer for my Cuban brethren! - PainfromUkraine true top notch poster - sugarsmosley intelligent poster, here's a sandwich to munch into - jas 
good lookin' out! - lefthook2daliva For the old drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Sour grapes, drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Here you go man .. Always thought u represent us very well . I once referred to u as our &quot; diplomatic ambassador &quot; on here.  I think it suits u well !!!!! - Respect Power NSB Book of Wisdom - damit305 

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildg View Post
legal issues?

looks this fight might not happen because Rigo has contractual issues.

but oh yea, Donaire's ducking.
It's still early, but this sort of nonsense is a concern.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:22 PM
CubanGuyNYC
Latin From Manhattan

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfios View Post
PPL forget that last fight Caribe took Rigondeaux to court, 72 hours before fight time and Rubio had to drag him out of his bedroom for the fight, he doesn't want any controversy or distractions for his biggest fight, and I agreed...
What you say makes sense, but Rigo is in no position to be holding things up. They'll move on without him. He better make his mind up soon. Real soon....
Old 02-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Cubanborn87
Soy un Puro Kila

Rep Power: 12 Cubanborn87 has a reputation beyond reputeCubanborn87 has a reputation beyond reputeCubanborn87 has a reputation beyond reputeCubanborn87 has a reputation beyond reputeCubanborn87 has a reputation beyond reputeCubanborn87 has a reputation beyond reputeCubanborn87 has a reputation beyond reputeCubanborn87 has a reputation beyond reputeCubanborn87 has a reputation beyond reputeCubanborn87 has a reputation beyond reputeCubanborn87 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,890,991,958,243.86
Total Points: 9,900,993,101,993.55
drink up for a tarheels ACC regular season chip..hoping for 2 more chips in the next 2 months! - the mesiah El Informador! - jsfd26 BEAT DUKE!! - the mesiah nice avi! - jose830 Socio - CubanGuyNYC 
Another beer to celebrate our great victory! - CubanGuyNYC Rigoooo! - Matty Ice we are the champion....of the world.. - *ANGRY CUBAN* No Message - damit305 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
I think the article implied that he wants to get rid of them. He was already with Caribe before TR and now he wants TR to settle their legal dispute for good.
oh? i skipped through the article , let me read it again. i ope thats what he means cuz luis de cubas is a snake
Old 02-04-2013, 09:24 PM
Cubanborn87
Soy un Puro Kila

Rep Power: 12 Cubanborn87 has a reputation beyond reputeCubanborn87 has a reputation beyond reputeCubanborn87 has a reputation beyond reputeCubanborn87 has a reputation beyond reputeCubanborn87 has a reputation beyond reputeCubanborn87 has a reputation beyond reputeCubanborn87 has a reputation beyond reputeCubanborn87 has a reputation beyond reputeCubanborn87 has a reputation beyond reputeCubanborn87 has a reputation beyond reputeCubanborn87 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,890,991,958,243.86
Total Points: 9,900,993,101,993.55
drink up for a tarheels ACC regular season chip..hoping for 2 more chips in the next 2 months! - the mesiah El Informador! - jsfd26 BEAT DUKE!! - the mesiah nice avi! - jose830 Socio - CubanGuyNYC 
Another beer to celebrate our great victory! - CubanGuyNYC Rigoooo! - Matty Ice we are the champion....of the world.. - *ANGRY CUBAN* No Message - damit305 

Quote:
Originally Posted by garfios View Post
good point
Old 02-04-2013, 09:46 PM
edgarg
Honest BoxingScene posts

Rep Power: 33 edgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 25,739,518.50
Top Poster - WLAD OWNS one of boxingscene's best - Carnivore you're great poster - keep on setting them straight! - Freedom. your an excellent poster - happyman You're a tremendous poster. - Weltschmerz 
Again, great post man - Cuauhtémoc1520 So you can kiss up to Bob Arum better - ShoulderRoll For being a very knowledgeable poster! - PainfromUkraine for helping - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
WBA super bantamweight champion Guillermo Rigondeaux (11-0, 8KOs) has exclusively informed BoxingScene.com that he parted ways with trainer Jorge Rubio and officially retained the services of Cuban coach Pedro Diaz, who also trains superstar Miguel Cotto, Olympic gold medal winner Odlanier Solis and several other fighters. [Click Here To Read More]
Since Caribe Promotions was not able legally to stop Rigondeaux's September fight, very likely they would not be able to stop the Donaire fight. It is Rigondeaux who is making this fight conditional. It seems that he is revelling in the (mistaken) opinion that he is another Manny Pacquiao who holds all the cards.

Of course I am just speculating, but unless the previous contract, which had Top Rank as the lead promoter, contained a stipulation which prevented Top Rank from making a new contract without them, then they're out of luck. And Arum is too smart to overlook this. They've got at Rigondeaux in some way, and he's not very bright. In fact many of the Cuban boxers have shown little or no intelligence when it comes to dealing with their own careers. Perhaps from so many years of repression.

Feeling more confortable with Diaz usually means feeling less comfortable with Rubio....
Old 02-04-2013, 09:52 PM
.:: JSFD26 ::.
Brawski

Rep Power: 73 .:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,536,216,972,076,512.75
Total Points: 1,589,116,972,145,038.00
The Ambassador, hahahaha - MalikKnucklez thank you for taking time to post on my thread - robson24 every man deserves a superman, specially a good honest bloke like yourself :) - Alx. talented poster - I'm so sorry thanks for payment :beerchug: - jose830 
enjoy - mathed knowledgeable poster - thuggery Cheers - dan_cov Socio - CubanGuyNYC Cult of Rigo!!! For Life!!!!!! We Here Baby!!! - Cubanborn87 
we'd be better off without this troll - ROSS CALIFORNIA we'd be better off without this troll - ROSS CALIFORNIA godtthysse is a beast - thuggery Great Sig run Danny - handwraps 4th place - Boxingscene predictorship challenge. - dan_cov 
:beerchug: - -jose- matty ice - sugarsmosley CUBAN BOXING SCHOOL!!! :( - f4314n68 For the tears. - Jalisciense909 You deserve a gold.  Keep speaking from the heart.  . - damit305 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
Yow! Rigo went ahead and hired Pedro Diaz! I was very curious to see if Guille would do it. Now I have my answer.

Added to that is the news that Rigo hasn't yet signed his contract! I don't understand his concern about Top Rank and Caribe Productions. One would assume it affects him directly, but Guillermo doesn't say anything about it other than he wants the situation between the companies resolved. More questions....
Quote:
wtf is rigo doing? first pedro diaz now caribe? so he wants more people to take food off his plate? You must be kidding if this is too complicated it mite just cost him the fight, this reminds me of the gamboa rios situation. He should take the money and get to it, come on now.
Yo! I think we need to get this Cuban PR company going. All these guys are getting screwed and taken advantage of.

I thought Rigo cleared himself of all legal issues before the Marroquin fight?
Old 02-04-2013, 09:57 PM
Fetta
nob cheese

Rep Power: 23 Fetta has a reputation beyond reputeFetta has a reputation beyond reputeFetta has a reputation beyond reputeFetta has a reputation beyond reputeFetta has a reputation beyond reputeFetta has a reputation beyond reputeFetta has a reputation beyond reputeFetta has a reputation beyond reputeFetta has a reputation beyond reputeFetta has a reputation beyond reputeFetta has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 435,612,820.24
Total Points: 521,560,791,311.80
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks couldnt green you so you get a medal instead - Rapid Counter you're in the green, have a burger and celebrate amigo - sugarsmosley 

Fight won't happen. The way out has shown itself. Not saying it's a duck either way but Arum likes things to "marinate" and this will be his excuse.