Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Could Pacquiao beat Cotto, Marg, and Oscar without the catch-weights?
Yes, all of them 22 52.38%
No, none of them 9 21.43%
Just Margartio 3 7.14%
Just Cotto 1 2.38%
Just Oscar 1 2.38%
He could have beat 2 out of the 3. 6 14.29%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 02-04-2013, 08:06 AM
Reloaded
sucks floyd's clinkers

Rep Power: 0 Reloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,246,099.32
Be Joyful - Gift Giver one of the best pactard destroyers on nsb - I'm so sorry owning pactarcds left and right, too e z - I'm so sorry This guy can't even speak proper English, worst poster on NSB. - Perro You've earned yourself a medal. By far the biggest retard on the forum, you have the worst grammer and punctuation I've ever seen. I actually believe you were dropped on your head as a child. I a apologize if you actually are autistic. You give Floyd - I'm so sorry 
Brandon "Cash Cow" Rios - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios Bam Bam baby! - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios Brandon 'El Dinero de Vaca' Rios - Warrios 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Keepz View Post
Wrong, Pacquiao was always the bigger guy, he was just able to boil himself down to the weight. Look at his fight night weight vs Barrera in their first fight, he was the bigger man. That's why he was so shredded, he's like Broner now.
They dont want to know Manny was ALWAYS the bigger man in his 130 fights , they ignore stuff like that .
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-04-2013, 08:06 AM
thuggery
proper rock slanga'

Rep Power: 53 thuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,718,278,554,406,141.00
Total Points: 8,736,410,554,693,149.00
Thanks.  Let see if this works. - sdcluser Thankyou for your compliment. - Rockin' love &amp; peace - Lotus Flower Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks No Message - FkDaHtrs 
No Message - FkDaHtrs Haha thanks!  Here is a badass looking fish! - UglyPug Thanks man! - WARQUEZ Have a whopper!!!!! - E.P.T. one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. 
A legendary poster in the making. - WARQUEZ 4 some good luck coming your way - Rockin' destroying bandwagoners - .:: JSFD26 ::. already greened you, but props on posting that quote dissing c/w's - chiguy91 welcome back bro........ - bigsmoothh 
For a Toe to Toe poster! - LoadedWraps Good job! - Weltschmerz A brewski for a cool vato - hectari Merry Christmas - Freedom2013 i learned from the best, like you - Kuyukut 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustane View Post
He fought Miguel Cotto a single year after moving up from featherweight. It took him 5 years to move from featherweight to lightweight alone.

You don't think size could have been an issue?

That's like saying Andre Ward's win over Dawson has no value, because Chad went down in weight. At least Pacquiao went up, rather than making Cotto go down an entire weight class.
Don't bother with Reloaded bro, he's known as the "slow" kid around here.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:08 AM
Reloaded
sucks floyd's clinkers

Rep Power: 0 Reloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these parts
Be Joyful - Gift Giver one of the best pactard destroyers on nsb - I'm so sorry owning pactarcds left and right, too e z - I'm so sorry This guy can't even speak proper English, worst poster on NSB. - Perro You've earned yourself a medal. By far the biggest retard on the forum, you have the worst grammer and punctuation I've ever seen. I actually believe you were dropped on your head as a child. I a apologize if you actually are autistic. You give Floyd - I'm so sorry 
Brandon &quot;Cash Cow&quot; Rios - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios Bam Bam baby! - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios Brandon 'El Dinero de Vaca' Rios - Warrios 

Quote:
Wrong, Pacquiao was always the bigger guy, he was just able to boil himself down to the weight. Look at his fight night weight vs Barrera in their first fight, he was the bigger man. That's why he was so shredded, he's like Broner now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thuggery View Post
You cant keep up kid , I know more about weight in boxing that you will know in your lifetime .
Old 02-04-2013, 08:08 AM
mob2p2014
Up and Comer

Total Points: 100,000,001,680.41

Pac's fans see as like he fought a prime Oscar that day....Oscar did it for the money!..lol........
Old 02-04-2013, 08:14 AM
Augustane
Undisputed Truth

Rep Power: 9 Augustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 76,292,487,853,474.12
Total Points: 77,392,487,907,161.89
Props - mathed No Message - mathed No Message - mathed No Message - mathed Enjoy - mathed 
May the best man win!! - mathed Great poster - Weltschmerz No Message - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reloaded View Post
Buddy dont give the moving up from LW BS , at 130 he was stepping in the ring at 143-147 , Floyd made the same jump fighting Oscar at 154 and Oscar was full power , lots of LWs will go to WW . it was Oscars fault to think he could make 147 which he had not done for many years , he struggled with Forbes at 150 lol , he needed IV fluids to gain 2 pounds and you say its a valuable win , madness .

Its not about no value its about winning while the other guy was handicapped , if any sport demands equal terms is one on one combat , so the value of the win must reflect that , but to fanboys the win is everything even if its tainted by one being weakened .
So by your logic, Ward and Martinez have no value in their wins over Dawson and Chavez Jr. Juan Manuel Marquez also, by no means, won Pacquiao vs. Marquez III. If Floyd were to beat Sergio Martinez, that also would have no value.

Catchweights exist for a reason: to make these fights happen. As cliche as it sounds - don't hate the player, hate the game. Rant about catchweights, or rant about all fighters who participate in fights which involve moving down weights. Don't start a witch hunt on a single fighter with weights as an excuse.

Have the balls to simply say you dislike the guy.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:20 AM
Reloaded
sucks floyd's clinkers

Brandon &quot;Cash Cow&quot; Rios - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios Bam Bam baby! - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios Brandon 'El Dinero de Vaca' Rios - Warrios 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustane View Post
So by your logic, Ward and Martinez have no value in their wins over Dawson and Chavez Jr. Juan Manuel Marquez also, by no means, won Pacquiao vs. Marquez III. If Floyd were to beat Sergio Martinez, that also would have no value.

Catchweights exist for a reason: to make these fights happen. As cliche as it sounds - don't hate the player, hate the game. Rant about catchweights, or rant about all fighters who participate in fights which involve moving down weights. Don't start a witch hunt on a single fighter with weights as an excuse.

Have the balls to simply say you dislike the guy.
I will give you a tip buddy when it comes to weight you cannot compare one guy to another , everybody makes weight different , some can lose and gain a lot some cant , what one fighter does has NO bearing on what happens to another fighter making the same weights , your talking like a fan with no understanding of a draine fighter , go into a gym and talk to a trainer or conditioning coach and get their take of what happens when your drawn too light in top competition .
Old 02-04-2013, 08:25 AM
Augustane
Undisputed Truth

Rep Power: 9 Augustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 76,292,487,853,474.12
Total Points: 77,392,487,907,161.89
Props - mathed No Message - mathed No Message - mathed No Message - mathed Enjoy - mathed 
May the best man win!! - mathed Great poster - Weltschmerz No Message - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thuggery View Post
I wish someone told me this sooner.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:48 AM
straightleft
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 straightleft has a reputation beyond reputestraightleft has a reputation beyond reputestraightleft has a reputation beyond reputestraightleft has a reputation beyond reputestraightleft has a reputation beyond reputestraightleft has a reputation beyond reputestraightleft has a reputation beyond reputestraightleft has a reputation beyond reputestraightleft has a reputation beyond reputestraightleft has a reputation beyond reputestraightleft has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 13,180,313,024,624.41
Total Points: 13,180,313,089,451.68
No Message - straightleft No Message - straightleft No Message - straightleft have a  cup - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reloaded View Post
They dont want to know Manny was ALWAYS the bigger man in his 130 fights , they ignore stuff like that .

Pac having a 8 weight division titles doesn't ring the bell to you? LMAO when you used the Barrera first fight. Remember Pac was fighting at 122 and moved up to fight Barrera at 126 then from 126 he fought all the way up to 150. Only the deluded floydiots think Pac is the always the bigger guy. No wonder he fought Oscar, Cotto and Margarito at catchweight because he was the bigger guy. Typical floydiots pea size brains. You better go and rob some convenience store in your area.

Last edited by straightleft; 02-04-2013 at 08:52 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:23 AM
RlCKY
Grade 10

Rep Power: 32 RlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,419,522,219.84
Total Points: 4,419,542,166.05
have an apple.............. - bigsmoothh haha good picture - RossCA Happy New Year RICKY.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy New Years to you and yours bro! :beerchug: - jose830 hilarious thread - jas 

People put too much emphasis on contracted weight. Nobody was forced into any of those fights (perhaps encouraged) At least in Cotto's case where he had to come in a whole 1 pound less than he did in his previous fight 5 months earlier. So Cotto didn't even have time to put much weight on in between fights, he pretty much went from the Clottey fight right into the Pac fight.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:30 AM
Pacquiao'd
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Pacquiao'd is infamous around these partsPacquiao'd is infamous around these partsPacquiao'd is infamous around these partsPacquiao'd is infamous around these partsPacquiao'd is infamous around these partsPacquiao'd is infamous around these partsPacquiao'd is infamous around these partsPacquiao'd is infamous around these partsPacquiao'd is infamous around these partsPacquiao'd is infamous around these partsPacquiao'd is infamous around these parts
Bank: 463,202,008,964.79
Total Points: 743,311,498,635.23
Keep up the good work Bro - Jedi Vader No Message - jazluvr have fun - jazluvr No Message - jazluvr ownage of a pactard - I'm so sorry 
tasty! - YDKSAB Retard - flat1985 My favorite MayClown :) - Beercules Pacquiao'd goes hard! War Floyd! - LoadedWraps 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - jazluvr 

him and Roach obviously didnt think so