Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Could Pacquiao beat Cotto, Marg, and Oscar without the catch-weights?
Yes, all of them 22 52.38%
No, none of them 9 21.43%
Just Margartio 3 7.14%
Just Cotto 1 2.38%
Just Oscar 1 2.38%
He could have beat 2 out of the 3. 6 14.29%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 02-04-2013, 04:52 AM
straightleft
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 straightleft has a reputation beyond reputestraightleft has a reputation beyond reputestraightleft has a reputation beyond reputestraightleft has a reputation beyond reputestraightleft has a reputation beyond reputestraightleft has a reputation beyond reputestraightleft has a reputation beyond reputestraightleft has a reputation beyond reputestraightleft has a reputation beyond reputestraightleft has a reputation beyond reputestraightleft has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,474,255,660,904.32
Total Points: 11,474,255,724,040.35
No Message - straightleft No Message - straightleft No Message - straightleft have a  cup - sugarsmosley 

Pac shouldn't fought them in the first place. This guy gave so much weight advantage fighting at 147 already. Even Marquez is naturally bigger than him in previous weight classes they fought. Natural welterweight will always have 10 lbs more or less advantage over him catchweight or not..
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-04-2013, 05:20 AM
Augustane
Undisputed Truth

Rep Power: 9 Augustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 58,976,574,530,010.55
Total Points: 60,076,574,582,263.93
Props - mathed No Message - mathed No Message - mathed No Message - mathed Enjoy - mathed 
May the best man win!! - mathed Great poster - Weltschmerz No Message - sugarsmosley 

I think I have some advice on how to stay on topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reloaded View Post
Then why does he DEMAND them if he dont need them to win ?
This thread is simply asking if you think he'd win without catchweights against those fighters, which is hypothetical. This thread is not asking to bring back up the trivialities of fights which have already occurred.

Quote:
On top of a CW why put Margo into a 26 ft ring with 8oz gloves , lol the fans would not have a clue its just a fight to them wtf do they know about weight .
Margarito was using 8oz gloves as well. Margarito agreed to the terms, and in my opinion as a fighter - should have cut off the ring better.

Also, aren't you and I 'fans', ourselves?

Quote:
Why does he beat Cotto with a CW and flat refuses to fight him without one , same man right ? WRONG !

Why did he refuse JMM 143 ? because Juan is smaller than him and Manny has had a weight advantage over JMM in every fight , so they thought they would slow JMM down forcing him to go toe to toe , Roach came out and said this , KARMA BITES .lol , they should know after Bradley that forcing them up is not the same as forcing them down .
I don't recall JMM being a catchweight, which is what this thread is about. Regardless - Pacquiao vs. Marquez I & II were both at the respective fighters' weights. By the time III and IV came around, Pacquiao was the one seeking the opponent and putting up offers. It was Marquez's and Bradley's calls to decide that they wanted to increase weight.

Pacquiao also did fight Marquez at a 144lb catchweight for their third fight. He also made it clear that he never wanted to go above the 150lb mark after the Margarito fight.

Quote:
Manny is a WW fake , he was a fabricated superman built on the back of his great 130 career fights and sold to masses through good match making and made to order rules , no fighter in history has had so many conditions forced on opponents , he cant stop a WW without a CW and gets face planted by a LW and you ask does he a need a CW to beat those guys , you bet he does thats why he DEMANDED them or its no fight ! what proof do you need lol .

Yes, I honestly believe Manny would have beat those fighters at their natural weights, prime for prime. At this point, we can't know, but we can't essentially blame a guy who spent 90% of his career under 135 to put those restrictions of 147-154 pounders.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:37 AM
Pan-Africanist
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 Pan-Africanist is infamous around these partsPan-Africanist is infamous around these partsPan-Africanist is infamous around these partsPan-Africanist is infamous around these partsPan-Africanist is infamous around these partsPan-Africanist is infamous around these partsPan-Africanist is infamous around these partsPan-Africanist is infamous around these partsPan-Africanist is infamous around these partsPan-Africanist is infamous around these partsPan-Africanist is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 46,063.17

Mannys better than all those other fighters at the time. Marga sucks ass. Cotto going thru trainer issues plus getting busted up. Oscar was shot at the time. Manny picked the right time to fight all those guys.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:01 AM
bojangles1987
bo jungle

Rep Power: 118 bojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,213,577,442,562.78
Total Points: 3,490,577,766,991.49
Thought ya could use a drink.. - romebyko For your triangle theory sig - rorymac merry xmas. - Ether Awesome sig... Love me some Breaking Bad. - Burning Phoenix that triangle theories sig haha - Alx. 
it takes courage just to agree to donate an organ to someone :fing02: - jose830 thanks for the update - jose830 Thanks for the video of Bradley-Provodnikov - kennylimon Cotto looked rejuvenated out there - -jose- for an atg poster! - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Oscar was not at a lumping catchweight, and the only person who is to blame for his condition is Oscar himself. Maybe if he hadn't tried to cherry pick a one fight lightweight things would have been different.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:39 AM
Reloaded
sucks floyd's clinkers

Rep Power: 0 Reloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 1,000,236,482.69
Be Joyful - Gift Giver one of the best pactard destroyers on nsb - I'm so sorry owning pactarcds left and right, too e z - I'm so sorry This guy can't even speak proper English, worst poster on NSB. - Perro You've earned yourself a medal. By far the biggest retard on the forum, you have the worst grammer and punctuation I've ever seen. I actually believe you were dropped on your head as a child. I a apologize if you actually are autistic. You give Floyd - I'm so sorry 
Brandon &quot;Cash Cow&quot; Rios - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios Bam Bam baby! - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios Brandon 'El Dinero de Vaca' Rios - Warrios 

Not one of you can explain why Manny DEMANDED the CWS or No fight , all you lot do is say the other guy accepted it so its all good , well fellas thats the lamest excuse Ive ever heard and not what the thread asked , ever hear the story about the guy being executed , he excepted it because his hands were tied behind his back .

Manny could not beat those guys without a CW thats why he forced it they knew that it would weaken the bigger man and slow the smaller man , its ludicrous that you think he forced them on those guys for the fun of it , talk about delusional fans , the ignorance to boxing under the hood here is pure fanboy , refusing to fight his first choice Cotto without a CW is PROOF he has to have it to win , or he would have took the fight , its elementary Watson .
Old 02-04-2013, 07:43 AM
Reloaded
sucks floyd's clinkers

Rep Power: 0 Reloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these parts
Be Joyful - Gift Giver one of the best pactard destroyers on nsb - I'm so sorry owning pactarcds left and right, too e z - I'm so sorry This guy can't even speak proper English, worst poster on NSB. - Perro You've earned yourself a medal. By far the biggest retard on the forum, you have the worst grammer and punctuation I've ever seen. I actually believe you were dropped on your head as a child. I a apologize if you actually are autistic. You give Floyd - I'm so sorry 
Brandon &quot;Cash Cow&quot; Rios - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios Bam Bam baby! - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios Brandon 'El Dinero de Vaca' Rios - Warrios 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles1987 View Post
Oscar was not at a lumping catchweight, and the only person who is to blame for his condition is Oscar himself. Maybe if he hadn't tried to cherry pick a one fight lightweight things would have been different.
Manny still beat a deadman walking lol why do you step over that part , Steve Forbes would have stopped Oscar that night , go Manny your superman lol .
Old 02-04-2013, 07:47 AM
Augustane
Undisputed Truth

Rep Power: 9 Augustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 58,976,574,530,010.55
Total Points: 60,076,574,582,263.93
Props - mathed No Message - mathed No Message - mathed No Message - mathed Enjoy - mathed 
May the best man win!! - mathed Great poster - Weltschmerz No Message - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Not one of you can explain why Manny DEMANDED the CWS or No fight , all you lot do is say the other guy accepted it so its all good , well fellas thats the lamest excuse Ive ever heard and not what the thread asked , ever hear the story about the guy being executed , he excepted it because his hands were tied behind his back .

Manny could not beat those guys without a CW thats why he forced it they knew that it would weaken the bigger man and slow the smaller man , its ludicrous that you think he forced them on those guys for the fun of it , talk about delusional fans , the ignorance to boxing under the hood here is pure fanboy , refusing to fight his first choice Cotto without a CW is PROOF he has to have it to win , or he would have took the fight , its elementary Watson .
He fought Miguel Cotto a single year after moving up from featherweight. It took him 5 years to move from featherweight to lightweight alone.

You don't think size could have been an issue?

That's like saying Andre Ward's win over Dawson has no value, because Chad went down in weight. At least Pacquiao went up, rather than making Cotto go down an entire weight class.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:55 AM
boliodogs
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 24 boliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 12,795,052,778,949.43
Total Points: 12,805,052,868,984.70
For spreading some interesting dog (+ boxing) knowledge ;) - PainfromUkraine war canelo!! - KO MX 

I voted yes,all of them. Oscar insisted on 147, the welterweight limit, not a catch weight, so when he beat Pacquiao he could claim the pound for pound tittle. The other catchweights were just a few pounds and would not have change the outcome of the fights.There were only two other catchweight fights, Cotto and Margarito. A 154 pound Margarito would not have won and a 147 pound Cotto would not have won.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:01 AM
Bee Keepz
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 Bee Keepz has a reputation beyond reputeBee Keepz has a reputation beyond reputeBee Keepz has a reputation beyond reputeBee Keepz has a reputation beyond reputeBee Keepz has a reputation beyond reputeBee Keepz has a reputation beyond reputeBee Keepz has a reputation beyond reputeBee Keepz has a reputation beyond reputeBee Keepz has a reputation beyond reputeBee Keepz has a reputation beyond reputeBee Keepz has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 188,433.25
Total Points: 227,919.27

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightleft View Post
Pac shouldn't fought them in the first place. This guy gave so much weight advantage fighting at 147 already. Even Marquez is naturally bigger than him in previous weight classes they fought. Natural welterweight will always have 10 lbs more or less advantage over him catchweight or not..
Wrong, Pacquiao was always the bigger guy, he was just able to boil himself down to the weight. Look at his fight night weight vs Barrera in their first fight, he was the bigger man. That's why he was so shredded, he's like Broner now.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:02 AM
Reloaded
sucks floyd's clinkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustane View Post
He fought Miguel Cotto a single year after moving up from featherweight. It took him 5 years to move from featherweight to lightweight alone.

You don't think size could have been an issue?

That's like saying Andre Ward's win over Dawson has no value, because Chad went down in weight. At least Pacquiao went up, rather than making Cotto go down an entire weight class.
Buddy dont give the moving up from LW BS , at 130 he was stepping in the ring at 143-147 , Floyd made the same jump fighting Oscar at 154 and Oscar was full power , lots of LWs will go to WW . it was Oscars fault to think he could make 147 which he had not done for many years , he struggled with Forbes at 150 lol , he needed IV fluids to gain 2 pounds and you say its a valuable win , madness .

Its not about no value its about winning while the other guy was handicapped , if any sport demands equal terms is one on one combat , so the value of the win must reflect that , but to fanboys the win is everything even if its tainted by one being weakened .