Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion
Thread Navigation

Old 01-28-2013, 02:17 PM
-Swizzy-
The Bad Guy

Rep Power: 29 -Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 12,464,938,948,591.91
Total Points: 12,465,939,353,300.99
tua ko4 over arreola. tua ko8 over peter. war tua!!! - Left Hook Tua so i'm just a big joke to you eh? lmao - Left Hook Tua thanks. i'm quite a post whore. - Left Hook Tua thanks for supporting my thread mate - D E M Dz A here's another beer for being generous - D E M Dz A 
and something to eat with those beers...cheers mate you deserved it - D E M Dz A happy new year , canuck. - Left Hook Tua youre one of the best basketball knowledgable posters, youre a lebron fan but  you still cool - Tha_Greatest Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Left Hook Tua Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Dorian Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey 
Default Fedor was about to sign with UFC but....

then his dad died and he decided instead to retire and spend time with his family.

^^^ Dana starts talking about it at 0:22

Last edited by -Swizzy-; 01-30-2013 at 01:13 PM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-28-2013, 03:34 PM
RL_GMA
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 41 RL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 24,515,845,889,486.71
Total Points: 24,515,846,071,621.17
tv ilegal vid. - mellow_mood Happy BIRTHday to your new baby boy. .  Congrats on being a POPS! - UglyPug congrats and make sure you'll be a superdad - Alx. Congrats, pops! - jazluvr Congratulations and all the best with your new little one. :wave: - Bossy 
Here's one for your baby boy - led Here's another one for you being a dad - led Congratulations on your new son, here's a lucky dollar... - jose830 Haha - Berges heres a burger for after,i already green kd u and couldnt do so again. - HUGH JASS 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RL_GMA 

I would've loved to have seen Fedor annihilate Brock then ride off. But I was one even 3-4 years ago who said Fedor might've gotten f*cked up in the UFC to everyone's dismay. I saw Fedor during the Pride days and to me that was his pinnacle. But I think overall the sport sorta passed him by as he didn't seem very eager to jump into the UFC and didn't really fight that often once Pride was absorbed by UFC. Still, he's one of the baddest mofo's I've seen fight.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:27 AM
Redd Foxx
Hittin' the heavy bag.

Rep Power: 7 Redd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,983,520,167,971.75
Total Points: 1,983,520,195,174.65
Happy New Year - Freedom. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL_GMA View Post
I would've loved to have seen Fedor annihilate Brock then ride off. But I was one even 3-4 years ago who said Fedor might've gotten f*cked up in the UFC to everyone's dismay. I saw Fedor during the Pride days and to me that was his pinnacle. But I think overall the sport sorta passed him by as he didn't seem very eager to jump into the UFC and didn't really fight that often once Pride was absorbed by UFC. Still, he's one of the baddest mofo's I've seen fight.
During the Arlovski fight, he had that look fighters get when they are starting to decline. That look in their eyes that they really don't want to be there anymore. I wanted him to retire then. To me, his prime is unrivaled in MMA. But, when he dropped off, he went quick.
Personally, DW has lied so prolificly that I can't find interest in anything he says. Story could be true but I have my doubts, only because of who is telling it.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:42 AM
hayZ
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 hayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,000,035,531,009.00
links - Sir TomJones for posting the truth about Zionism - Freedom. 

Man how I wish he fought Brock in 2009 and did what we all know he could do. Brock has great wrestling but his stand up was pretty awful. To have a chance against Fedor you have to be world class in every area. Fedor started his decline during 2007 imo, he was losing his speed but we didn't see it too much because of his ****ty competition in 2007 compared to his earlier/latter years. His own trainers said he stopped training properly around 2008 and had very short camps, he did not practice in a cage ever and stopped doing a lot of grappling and just focused on those power punches. His stand up looked pretty damn good just before he retired, he was consistantly training with dutch kickboxers, heavyweight top boxers and you could see this with him bringing leg kicks into his arsenal which he very rarely used before. His grappling was quite a lot worse though.

Fedor was a beast in his prime and honestly I still think if he fought the top heavyweights right now, he would give them a run for their money. Watching JDS against Cain made me realise this, JDS is the apparent NEW BREED with a BJJ black belt and top class stand up but his ground game was non-existant in terms of aggressiveness and his boxing was too relient on him being given room to manaovure and have good distance. Fedor could hurt you anywhere, complete fighter when he was in his prime.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:51 AM
El Pistolero
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 6 El Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 4,000,001,009,262.45

There's a video somewhere where Fedor basically says he never went to the UFC because they don't treat their fighters like human beings. He cited the salve wages UFC fighters got then as a reason for not joining.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:12 AM
Anthony342
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Anthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,435,135.53
Total Points: 120,119,550,513.96
Good Poster with an open mind. - Barnburner Merry Christmas Anthony! keep on postin - The Surgeon For always keeping your cool and objectivity - BKM-2010 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Foxx View Post
During the Arlovski fight, he had that look fighters get when they are starting to decline. That look in their eyes that they really don't want to be there anymore. I wanted him to retire then. To me, his prime is unrivaled in MMA. But, when he dropped off, he went quick.
Personally, DW has lied so prolificly that I can't find interest in anything he says. Story could be true but I have my doubts, only because of who is telling it.
Yeah if I were a reporter I'd contact Lesnar and Fedor for verification.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:18 AM
kaps
Lords of Boxingscene

Rep Power: 112 kaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 59,428,466,723,565.66
Total Points: 59,432,167,777,985.20
to kimbo - Congo Cash have a beer - MARKBNLV Respect....for 8 years!! - jazluvr just enjoy the beer! - led Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
30 K posts - -Tunney- 30,000 posts - ??? Congrats on 30k posts. - Hard Dick Merry Christmas - Flab xmas - Ether 
Merry Christmas kaps - TBear Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Drink up homie!! - RIZO24 Diaz bro's greatest fan, serious, dude is nutz about this shiit haha - Unknown Champ Gettin' Money 4 Life - Unknown Champ 
10 years on BS.. - !! AI-Holmes!! congratulations on your 10th year - -Swizzy- 10 years! - jazluvr Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy Holidays kaps - !! AI-Holmes!! 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MARKBNLV Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - ??? Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tengoshi 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - TBear Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - TBear Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Send a message via AIM to kaps

Fedor's management is denying it...
Old 01-31-2013, 12:05 AM
Anthony342
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Anthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony342 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,435,135.53
Total Points: 120,119,550,513.96
Good Poster with an open mind. - Barnburner Merry Christmas Anthony! keep on postin - The Surgeon For always keeping your cool and objectivity - BKM-2010 

And I'm more inclined to believe Fedor than Dana White.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:11 AM
kaps
Lords of Boxingscene

Rep Power: 112 kaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond reputekaps has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 59,428,466,723,565.66
Total Points: 59,432,167,777,985.20
to kimbo - Congo Cash have a beer - MARKBNLV Respect....for 8 years!! - jazluvr just enjoy the beer! - led Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! 
30 K posts - -Tunney- 30,000 posts - ??? Congrats on 30k posts. - Hard Dick Merry Christmas - Flab xmas - Ether 
Merry Christmas kaps - TBear Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Drink up homie!! - RIZO24 Diaz bro's greatest fan, serious, dude is nutz about this shiit haha - Unknown Champ Gettin' Money 4 Life - Unknown Champ 
10 years on BS.. - !! AI-Holmes!! congratulations on your 10th year - -Swizzy- 10 years! - jazluvr Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy Holidays kaps - !! AI-Holmes!! 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MARKBNLV Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - ??? Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tengoshi 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - TBear Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - TBear Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Send a message via AIM to kaps

So am I, but I don't see what Dana has to gain by lying in this case....
Old 01-31-2013, 12:26 PM
-Swizzy-
The Bad Guy

Rep Power: 29 -Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 12,464,938,948,591.91
Total Points: 12,465,939,353,300.99
tua ko4 over arreola. tua ko8 over peter. war tua!!! - Left Hook Tua so i'm just a big joke to you eh? lmao - Left Hook Tua thanks. i'm quite a post whore. - Left Hook Tua thanks for supporting my thread mate - D E M Dz A here's another beer for being generous - D E M Dz A 
and something to eat with those beers...cheers mate you deserved it - D E M Dz A happy new year , canuck. - Left Hook Tua youre one of the best basketball knowledgable posters, youre a lebron fan but  you still cool - Tha_Greatest Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Left Hook Tua Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Dorian Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamza305 View Post
There's a video somewhere where Fedor basically says he never went to the UFC because they don't treat their fighters like human beings. He cited the salve wages UFC fighters got then as a reason for not joining.
Rampage makes over $2.5 mill per fight and he isn't even a top 15 p4p fighter. So much for slave wages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaps View Post
So am I, but I don't see what Dana has to gain by lying in this case....
Media coverage.

Look at all the mma sites talking about it.

Also creates some buzz in Russia where UFC wants to hold an event this year.