Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 02-02-2013, 11:37 PM
daggum
All time great

Rep Power: 57 daggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,001,150,352,038.82
Super Joe Calzagheeeeeeeee - Sir TomJones I think Calzaghe is ATG and yes I realise I am daggum - rorymac you deserve a kick for your hatred of white boxers - Freedom. you post nothing except hatred and ridicule of the boxers - Freedom. You post nothing except hatred and ridicule of boxers.... keep up the good work - Deal With It 
You deserve a medal for your hatred of white boxers - Deal With It this hater deserves a kick - Freedom. have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Joe, Floyd, and Wlad are winners, you are a loser - Freedom. for the hilarious and utterly relentless Zag bashing! - The Surgeon 
No Message - Tha_Greatest stand up poster - bigsmoothh pizza pizza - bigsmoothh Wilder's right hand leaves them too drunk to stand! - valero calzaghe = goat - sugarsmosley 
give this loser daggum another kick - Freedom2014 you are the funniest poster on the site, here's a pie - jas this calzaghe reminder thread is hilarious - jas a truly great poster - jas hella funny posts - SlySlickSmooth 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
dear me, lured in again. i pledge to make this the last.

you're trolling, but i'll bite. i think he's got a great chin because i saw it in evidence back in the day, and reviewing tapes only confirms my memories.

again, Eubank's chin was up and he got caught flush on it by Calzaghe while squared up and moving backward in an awkward fashion.

again, Collins knocked Chris down on a shot to the chest, again while he was squared up.

Watson was certainly a solid puncher, and he battered Chris, abused him upstairs and downstairs, before Chris went down (was basically forced to his knees). thread worth reading re. Watson's power, http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=500562, you'll note that those who actually know the guy's career have respect for his punch. after reading, you might like to actually watch some of Watson's fights.

also, it's cute that you left out Benn after previously mentioning him as one of the guys who dropped Chris. he certainly was a big puncher and that can't be disputed. Chris took his best shots and never went down, except for the one time that was half-slip and half-rabbit punch.
marquez fought much better competition than eubank therefore marquez=iron chin! hey neither guy was ever ko'd right? that's the only criteria it seems so yeah iron chin for sure.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-02-2013, 11:39 PM
baya
Wrapidad was garbage

Rep Power: 142 baya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond reputebaya has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,764,300,710,177.24
Total Points: 1,764,300,717,146.12
Congratulations! - Sin City to a black PR 'nando.....like tito. - Left Hook Tua for a great guy - jazluvr449 drink uphomie!! - RIZO24 For the Man - jazluvr 
No Message - Tha_Greatest To a great guy and good sport - deanrw LOL man. I love your RIP thread - deanrw ...RIP el boss hog Thread... - jose830 Thanks, did you check me out on the bag? - Cuauhtémoc1520 
No Message - chiguy91 No Message - chiguy91 No Message - chiguy91 youre a joke - MANIAC310 Cheers :beerchug: on your test results...aprende mijo ponte un condon! - jose830 
Greener pastures, my friend. - Fistic Congratulations on your divorce! - -jose- hang this on the wall for good luck with your restaurant - -jose- 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MANIAC310 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - chiguy91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - chiguy91 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - chiguy91 

nigel the comedian
Old 02-02-2013, 11:40 PM
daggum
All time great

Rep Power: 57 daggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond repute
Super Joe Calzagheeeeeeeee - Sir TomJones I think Calzaghe is ATG and yes I realise I am daggum - rorymac you deserve a kick for your hatred of white boxers - Freedom. you post nothing except hatred and ridicule of the boxers - Freedom. You post nothing except hatred and ridicule of boxers.... keep up the good work - Deal With It 
You deserve a medal for your hatred of white boxers - Deal With It this hater deserves a kick - Freedom. have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Joe, Floyd, and Wlad are winners, you are a loser - Freedom. for the hilarious and utterly relentless Zag bashing! - The Surgeon 
No Message - Tha_Greatest stand up poster - bigsmoothh pizza pizza - bigsmoothh Wilder's right hand leaves them too drunk to stand! - valero calzaghe = goat - sugarsmosley 
give this loser daggum another kick - Freedom2014 you are the funniest poster on the site, here's a pie - jas this calzaghe reminder thread is hilarious - jas a truly great poster - jas hella funny posts - SlySlickSmooth 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha & Omega View Post
Man people love hating on undefeated fighters in here...Calzaghe and Floyd get so much hate its ridiculous. Guess when you are that good the haters hate.

Weird though that Calzaghe has "no power" yet he has a higher KO% than: Kendall Holt, Manny Pac, Vivian Harris, Hasim Rahman, Shane Mosley, Ricardo Mayorga, Roy Jones Jr....who are/were all known as big time punchers. Sometimes you have to actually know the facts before you speak
can't argue with facts. calzaghe was a huge puncher.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:42 PM
CHOWWOKKA
lats of peace

Rep Power: 27 CHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,683,821,034,286.17
Total Points: 4,299,472,269,453.53
owning pactards left and right with ease - I'm so sorry Happy Easter, anyway! :) :kiss: - Bossy have an apple - bigsmoothh Happy holidays bro! - led* 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDanHamza View Post
Floyd Mayweather is my favourite active fighter.

Followed by Andre Ward, Anselmo Moreno, Kevin Mitchell, Orlando Salido and now Carl Frampton.

Must I support British fighters because I'm British? Am I not allowed to dislike British fighters because I am British?

How about you go and look in the Global boxing forum and check my threads in there.

Here's a few;

"Meeting Boxers events across the UK?"

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=450511

"Buying fight tickets for fights in the U.S"

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=582494

"What time does Williams Vs Martinez start UK time?"

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=335192

Hmm, sound like questions that someone from the UK would ask, in the Global boxing section, no less.
oooooooooooooooooooooooh
Old 02-02-2013, 11:44 PM
daggum
All time great

Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
just to clarify, i could care less about Joe Calzaghe for the most part. his life, his face, his acccent, or the vast majority of his career, which was very often quite boring and ultimately deceptive.

but i do care that people misrepresent certain events and diminish the qualities of other fighters in order to suit their Calzaghephobic stances. if folk could only cut that out, they'd be free to hate on Calzaghe without any objection from me.
old eubank was dropped by calzaghe. twice. even old jones was never hurt by calzaghe. i thought roy jones had a glass chin? wat happened!
Old 02-02-2013, 11:48 PM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 66 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,053,812,059,105,284.62
Total Points: 1,083,032,175,224,151.88
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggum View Post
he can take a good shot sometimes and sometimes he gets dropped. aka not a great chin. we can pretend that watson, collins, and calzaghe were big punchers but they weren't.
You didn't answer my question.

How many times was he dropped or badly hurt by one solid shot?
Old 02-02-2013, 11:50 PM
CHOWWOKKA
lats of peace

Rep Power: 27 CHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond reputeCHOWWOKKA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,683,821,034,286.17
Total Points: 4,299,472,269,453.53
owning pactards left and right with ease - I'm so sorry Happy Easter, anyway! :) :kiss: - Bossy have an apple - bigsmoothh Happy holidays bro! - led* 

Reminds me of those weird slap punches Chisora throws. Is that something they teach in Britain?
Old 02-02-2013, 11:53 PM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 66 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,053,812,059,105,284.62
Total Points: 1,083,032,175,224,151.88
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post

Reminds me of those weird slap punches Chisora throws. Is that something they teach in Britain?
Nah, Calzaghe is the founder.

Chisora is just a nutcase you have to take every single thing he does with a grain of salt.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:56 PM
S. Saddler 1310
Banned

Rep Power: 0 S. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,998,946,852.14

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggum View Post
old eubank was dropped by calzaghe. twice. even old jones was never hurt by calzaghe. i thought roy jones had a glass chin? wat happened!
Chris was famously ungainly and out of his element on the front foot. he got countered while rushing in (again square on), his poor stance/balance was exploited and his gloves touched down, but not his pants-seat.

Eubank was never hurt by Calzaghe. look at his reaction in both instances you're referring to.

your strawman arguments -- such as, "hey neither guy was ever ko'd right? that's the only criteria it seems so yeah iron chin for sure." -- are very devilish, too.

trolled by daggum, a man whose wit and manipulative skill i had so admired from afar. never thought i'd become a victim.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:07 AM
daggum
All time great

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDanHamza View Post
You didn't answer my question.

How many times was he dropped or badly hurt by one solid shot?
well 5 times he was dropped by one shot and he was hurt numerous other times in his career. just watch the first benn fight. he was staggered numerous times. the watson fight. all over the place. dropped by joe flipping calzaghe twice. to you that equals great chin. i guess we have different standards.