Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 01-18-2014, 10:20 PM
El Pistolero
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 6 El Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 4,000,001,008,642.08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Grizzley View Post
I can tell you right now they won't be making a FN anytime soon. EA is having troubled internally, profits are down, doors are closing, voted worst company in America two years in a row. Not only can't they afford the licensing for fighters, but also don't want to spend the money for a proper development.

They base futures on track records and won't gamble on throwing money at the game hoping people will actually buy it. FN doesn't sell and they won't be rolling the dice on it anytime soon.

What they did was spread themselves too thin with a bunch of mediocre games instead of focusing on a smaller pool and making them sick. They got greedy, now they pay.
You nailed everything there. Plus the fact they've got the UFC license means licenses are easier to obtain from a organisation compared to individual fighters.

It's a shame really. I was a Fight Night Champion beast when the game came out. I held the world middleweight title twice and was consistently ranked in the top 100. Then I gave up and couldn't be bothered with it anymore thanks to constant online tuners.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-18-2014, 10:27 PM
dc3383
F.U.T.W

Bank: 743,484,942,801.75
Total Points: 2,743,804,969,247.99

Best hope for a boxing game is for 2K sports to make it EA Sports has been putting pisspoor sports game out for a while.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:30 PM
Joe Grizzley
Contender

Rep Power: 0 Joe Grizzley is infamous around these partsJoe Grizzley is infamous around these partsJoe Grizzley is infamous around these partsJoe Grizzley is infamous around these partsJoe Grizzley is infamous around these partsJoe Grizzley is infamous around these partsJoe Grizzley is infamous around these partsJoe Grizzley is infamous around these partsJoe Grizzley is infamous around these partsJoe Grizzley is infamous around these partsJoe Grizzley is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 8,521.78

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc3383 View Post
Best hope for a boxing game is for 2K sports to make it EA Sports has been putting pisspoor sports game out for a while.
They would need to spend a massive amount of money on an engine that has never been designed before. Ground up. Four years baseline for development and over 50 million dollars in costs (my guess is 75+) before the release with a low profit margin expectancy. Slim futures on dlc as well.

Boxing is super intricate. The last FN was the best and still was unplayable. Not an easy task. Risky Business.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:41 AM
dc3383
F.U.T.W

Bank: 743,484,942,801.75
Total Points: 2,743,804,969,247.99

Quote:
They would need to spend a massive amount of money on an engine that has never been designed before. Ground up. Four years baseline for development and over 50 million dollars in costs (my guess is 75+) before the release with a low profit margin expectancy. Slim futures on dlc as well.

Boxing is super intricate. The last FN was the best and still was unplayable. Not an easy task. Risky Business.
Fight Night Rd 4 was damn near the perfect boxing game. 2K just made the perfect WWE game by most accounts a wrestling and boxing game are close to similar as they can base it. But they say NBA2k is set-up I know they would make a great boxing game EA has lost my faith in Madden.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:05 AM
Augustane
Undisputed Truth

Rep Power: 9 Augustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond reputeAugustane has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 37,400,343,743,741.02
Total Points: 38,500,343,792,650.56
Props - mathed No Message - mathed No Message - mathed No Message - mathed Enjoy - mathed 
May the best man win!! - mathed Great poster - Weltschmerz No Message - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
I can tell you right now they won't be making a FN anytime soon. EA is having troubled internally, profits are down, doors are closing, voted worst company in America two years in a row. Not only can't they afford the licensing for fighters, but also don't want to spend the money for a proper development.

They base futures on track records and won't gamble on throwing money at the game hoping people will actually buy it. FN doesn't sell and they won't be rolling the dice on it anytime soon.

What they did was spread themselves too thin with a bunch of mediocre games instead of focusing on a smaller pool and making them sick. They got greedy, now they pay.

Manny Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather - $25 DLC!
Old 01-19-2014, 05:35 AM
BigZigga
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 5 BigZigga has a reputation beyond reputeBigZigga has a reputation beyond reputeBigZigga has a reputation beyond reputeBigZigga has a reputation beyond reputeBigZigga has a reputation beyond reputeBigZigga has a reputation beyond reputeBigZigga has a reputation beyond reputeBigZigga has a reputation beyond reputeBigZigga has a reputation beyond reputeBigZigga has a reputation beyond reputeBigZigga has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 4,039,091.02

I'm really disappointed in EA. I love mma but those UFC games are terrible compared to fight night. The thing I don't get it the UFC undisputed games sold the same amount as the fight night games roughly do why make one and not the other ? Doesn't make any sense. They act like UFC games sell more but they really don't
Old 01-19-2014, 07:07 AM
Enzo Mc is SHIT
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 Enzo Mc is SHIT has a reputation beyond reputeEnzo Mc is SHIT has a reputation beyond reputeEnzo Mc is SHIT has a reputation beyond reputeEnzo Mc is SHIT has a reputation beyond reputeEnzo Mc is SHIT has a reputation beyond reputeEnzo Mc is SHIT has a reputation beyond reputeEnzo Mc is SHIT has a reputation beyond reputeEnzo Mc is SHIT has a reputation beyond reputeEnzo Mc is SHIT has a reputation beyond reputeEnzo Mc is SHIT has a reputation beyond reputeEnzo Mc is SHIT has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,101,092,130.68
Enzooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! - Sir TomJones 

Fight Night gets a lot of stick but I think the series has been excellent. Boxing is a very varied sport and the fact that it's 1 vs 1 means that any little errors are extremely clear.