Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 02-01-2013, 02:19 PM
figzuki
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 figzuki has a reputation beyond reputefigzuki has a reputation beyond reputefigzuki has a reputation beyond reputefigzuki has a reputation beyond reputefigzuki has a reputation beyond reputefigzuki has a reputation beyond reputefigzuki has a reputation beyond reputefigzuki has a reputation beyond reputefigzuki has a reputation beyond reputefigzuki has a reputation beyond reputefigzuki has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 75,603,746,999.77
Total Points: 75,603,755,462.71

Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
Trinidad had his weak points, but you really had to be a hell of a fighter to capitalize on them. he was awesome at what he did.
of course i agree.

Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-01-2013, 03:14 PM
jri9d0
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 jri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,218,506.22
Be Joyful - Gift Giver good poster - -pound4pound- this pinoy doesn't believe in 1 beer, have another - -pound4pound- ran out of green - jazluvr for your collection - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAlister View Post
u guys say u want the best to fight the best then when they do its poor management..... ppl give broner hell or canelo but if a similiar thing happen to 1 of them I can only imagine ppl will be saying the same thing u just said in regards to vargas... so the question is... do yall want these young talented fighters to step up n class or not.... its 1 or the other, cant want both
Well, considering you JUST tuned into this fight I'm assuming you weren't aware Fernando only had 20 fights. Hell Tito had more KO's then Vargas fights.

But, you know what, you are right if more young champs didn't take risks as did Vargas than the soup would be bland indefinitely.

Tito took care of business that night and I loved every minute of it!
Old 02-01-2013, 03:25 PM
JuanRakan
Up and Comer

Total Points: 3,811.75

This is one of those fight where everyone wins. Two warriors leaving it all in the ring. Vargas could have been even better if he was brought up the way Mikey Garcia was.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:03 PM
prinzemanspopa
queenmanspopa

Rep Power: 12 prinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 528,392.36
No Message - poet682006 No Message - poet682006 No Message - poet682006 Top Poster - Stone Roses! one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. 
Happy New Year - Freedom. 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - poet682006 Gay and Lesbian Pride - poet682006 Gay and Lesbian Pride - poet682006 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - nightowl Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - GALACTUS 

Vargas-Trinidad was the fight to be made at the time and Vargas,as one of the top rated fighters in the division,would have looked bad had they not taken the fight at the time.And 'El Feroz' just wasn't the type of personality to avoid a significant fight like that,anyway.He'd have demanded it even if those around him felt he wasn't ready for it.

What I love is how Vargas managed to survive almost being knocked out by one of the most ruthless finishers in the game and maintained his composure when many young fighters possibly wouldn't have.Vargas displayed a great deal of courage,but it was his boxing ability and equanimity that enabled him to get back into the fight.This was a violent,highly-tactical war as opposed to two guys just standing toe-to-toe and trading shots.

Watching post-Trinidad Vargas really doesn't do him justice.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:15 PM
onetwopunch
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 onetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 33,240.83

Vargas wasnt as green as some people say he was, remmember when he called out Tito..he had just beaten Ike Quartey. Vargas was a monster with huge balls man, he went out and wanted to prove that he was capable of going toe to toe with Tito..that was a classic fight man..phuking classic
Old 02-01-2013, 04:22 PM
S. Saddler 1310
Banned

Rep Power: 0 S. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,998,947,703.14

Quote:
Originally Posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
What I love is how Vargas managed to survive almost being knocked out by one of the most ruthless finishers in the game and maintained his composure when many young fighters possibly wouldn't have.Vargas displayed a great deal of courage,but it was his boxing ability and equanimity that enabled him to get back into the fight.This was a violent,highly-tactical war as opposed to two guys just standing toe-to-toe and trading shots.
great post.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:22 PM
oc9979
Bad Intentions

Rep Power: 21 oc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond reputeoc9979 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,740,479,906,959.41
Total Points: 2,970,704,759,915.67
sharing tv link - Sir TomJones 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetwopunch View Post
Vargas wasnt as green as some people say he was, remmember when he called out Tito..he had just beaten Ike Quartey. Vargas was a monster with huge balls man, he went out and wanted to prove that he was capable of going toe to toe with Tito..that was a classic fight man..phuking classic
Vargas called him out and Tito responded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVIuim3PjeQ
Old 02-01-2013, 04:29 PM
Russian Crushin
atheist with a gun

Rep Power: 175 Russian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,641,878,917,146,113.00
Total Points: 1,646,879,468,362,724.25
Happy B-Day brotha! - blaze778 Happy birthday bro! - led superbirthday - TBear cheers bro! - chiguy91 here's a fanta bro...i think - Alx. 
happy birthday! - dj Pepe happy bday again - TBear Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day - Bossy Happy birthday bro! - led Happy B-day - CuauhtÚmoc1520 
ATG - rorymac Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy Holidays Russian Crushin, - !! AI-Holmes!! have a Happy and safe New Years my brother from a Russian mother :beerchug: - jose830 
Great Poster - Dr Rumack HBD bro. - led* Happy Birthday - Freedom. Hope you have a good one! - dan_cov cheers!! - drenlou 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - 'Sugar' Freddi Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - 'Sugar' Freddi Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - 'Sugar' Freddi Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mathed 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - TBear Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - TBear Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jose830 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanRakan View Post
This is one of those fight where everyone wins. Two warriors leaving it all in the ring. Vargas could have been even better if he was brought up the way Mikey Garcia was.
Except Vargas' career afterwards
Old 02-01-2013, 05:25 PM
ELHURACAN58
Weather Controller

Rep Power: 13 ELHURACAN58 has a reputation beyond reputeELHURACAN58 has a reputation beyond reputeELHURACAN58 has a reputation beyond reputeELHURACAN58 has a reputation beyond reputeELHURACAN58 has a reputation beyond reputeELHURACAN58 has a reputation beyond reputeELHURACAN58 has a reputation beyond reputeELHURACAN58 has a reputation beyond reputeELHURACAN58 has a reputation beyond reputeELHURACAN58 has a reputation beyond reputeELHURACAN58 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 50,485,369,162,477.75
Total Points: 50,507,783,259,036.93
cool boricua - Cleto_Reyes happy new year - bigsmoothh Margarito thread video you posted...lmao!!!..love it - jose830 love that Camacho avi :fing02: - jose830 World Baseball Classic updates :beerchug: - jose830 
i almost spilled my coffee :lol1: Puerto Ricans: The world is in big trouble! - jose830 No Message - Tha_Greatest 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oc9979 View Post
Vargas called him out and Tito responded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVIuim3PjeQ
He showed class in calling out Tito.

Seems he had a lot more respect for Trinidad than for De La Hoya haha.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:27 PM
TX_BOXNG
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 TX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,623,848,200,763.54
Total Points: 1,639,018,253,053.44
for having a Mares avi - Cleto_Reyes thanks for posting on the thread man - robson24 

Lol i was 11 years old when this fight happen, i was a big fan of Vargas, i remember watching it with all my dads friends n that 1st round was crazy, these were the good ol times

I remember DLH vs Quartey also a good fight, we need more top fighters to fight each other, noe but mismatches n business decisions

Donaire vs Mares is a classic fight that is slipping away, i would also like Matthysse vs Marquez or Marquez vs Rios winners should get a shot at lil Floyd