Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read
View Poll Results: Does God exist?
No, God does not exist 42 50.00%
Yes, I believe in God 30 35.71%
I'm not sure 12 14.29%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-03-2013, 10:39 AM
Barn
TheTartanSoldier

Rep Power: 47 Barn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 546,990,617,705,656.19
Total Points: 547,774,529,256,571.94
Keep up the top notch vids - JAB5239 Merry Crimbo! - The Surgeon To another of a select group of real boxing fans who really know their boxing history! - Terry A Your 4000th post and you quoted me, I'm honoured! Happy 4k :wave: - *Boss Lady* 4 the uploads! - chiguy91 
Congrats on 5K solid KO's.. - !! AI-Holmes!! For you epic break down of Oreo's, and the Mayan calendar. lmaooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 well deserved - the collector For the massive amount of points given - MindBat Merry X-mas Lad! Have a good un! - The Surgeon 
Happy New Year - Freedom. You're going to need it to beat me. - D-MiZe victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov your first post in the weed thread barn! , i know you don't smoke , keep it that way young one!! - HUGH JASS 
Happy birthday! Hope you have a good one. - dan_cov Boxingscene Chat room :fing02: - jose830 what up homie...just incase I want you to know I had nothing to do with that thread title change that's your thread bro - -jose- :love: - -jose- For the help buddy - Badzi87 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - NChristo Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NChristo Childhood Cancer - NChristo Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - NChristo Hepatitis C - NChristo 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NChristo Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - NChristo Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - NChristo Autism - NChristo Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - NChristo 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - NChristo Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - NChristo Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - NChristo Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - NChristo World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - arraamis 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - codey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strictly_UG View Post
The tooth fairy is a story invented to help little kids get over the trauama of losing teeth.

A thirst for the divine is imprinted into every human being since the beginning of time. Every single civilization has had a hunger and an instinct to search for where they came from.

If you open your eyes and heart.. if you listen carefully.. to the earth, to the stars, to your dreams, then you will know that there is something greater about all this.
You could easily turn that around and say religion is a story to help people get over the trauma of death/suffering/hopelessness.

we as humans are searching where we came from and we're doing it with empirical analysis, not just making things up that seem nice to us.

that last statement is just pointless, it's so weird and vague like a classic religious guy trying to convert you. what if i just said "look at the stars, all around you, inside your heart, once you dive into the deep depths of your soul and you will see that you are in fact a transvestite."
Old 02-03-2013, 10:45 AM
- Righteous -
No easy way out

Rep Power: 36 - Righteous - has a reputation beyond repute- Righteous - has a reputation beyond repute- Righteous - has a reputation beyond repute- Righteous - has a reputation beyond repute- Righteous - has a reputation beyond repute- Righteous - has a reputation beyond repute- Righteous - has a reputation beyond repute- Righteous - has a reputation beyond repute- Righteous - has a reputation beyond repute- Righteous - has a reputation beyond repute- Righteous - has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: -3,214,161,306,840,874.00
Total Points: -2,849,061,306,727,973.00
No Message - Pretty Boy32 No Message - Pretty Boy32 No Message - Pretty Boy32 No Message - Pretty Boy32 No Message - Pretty Boy32 
No Message - Pretty Boy32 thanks for your contribution to the thread - robson24 thank you UG - Ogecca MaMa Not Guilty - Own3d May luck be ever in your favor - Hyper Knuckles 
No Message - -jose- biggest wannabe on boxingscene. Wipe the sneeze from under your nose - Weltschmerz kick this wannabe alpha male - Weltschmerz delusional twat suck on this - Weltschmerz post your own picture, midget faqqot ass - Weltschmerz 
kick this retarded cretin - Weltschmerz what a legend - sugarsmosley I made out with this guy's mom. - AnnunakiJesus 
Hepatitis C - Spray_resistant Gay and Lesbian Pride - SILVA Gay and Lesbian Pride - KirbyLovesTacos 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnburner View Post
You could easily turn that around and say religion is a story to help people get over the trauma of death/suffering/hopelessness.

we as humans are searching where we came from and we're doing it with empirical analysis, not just making things up that seem nice to us.

that last statement is just pointless, it's so weird and vague like a classic religious guy trying to convert you. what if i just said "look at the stars, all around you, inside your heart, once you dive into the deep depths of your soul and you will see that you are in fact a transvestite."
I'm have no fear of death trauma or suffering and I've seen plenty in my life. Ive been through all my grandparent's death from beginning to end and watched their decay from human beings into something else, and I work in a hospital ER.

it doesn't matter what you say because you can try put what I said for yourself. My point is there is wisdom all around us, if you only take the time to look.

im being vague because if you want to teach someone something, you dont force your beliefs on them, you have to let them learn on their own.

Last edited by - Righteous -; 02-03-2013 at 11:03 AM..
Old 02-03-2013, 01:32 PM
-Hyperion-
The Best And Fastest Ride

Rep Power: 101 -Hyperion- has a reputation beyond repute-Hyperion- has a reputation beyond repute-Hyperion- has a reputation beyond repute-Hyperion- has a reputation beyond repute-Hyperion- has a reputation beyond repute-Hyperion- has a reputation beyond repute-Hyperion- has a reputation beyond repute-Hyperion- has a reputation beyond repute-Hyperion- has a reputation beyond repute-Hyperion- has a reputation beyond repute-Hyperion- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 211,006,744,072,338.53
Total Points: 211,006,769,802,602.38
A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Thanks - Dorian Awesome man.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Pacman deserves more! :p lol - Dorian Happy 18th Birthday! - ЯiZO 
Props on the sig homie! Gracias! - Puas Juan Manuel Lopez sig! - DWiens421 My Superman! Thanxs - L.E.X Immediate payment of ONE MILLIONK.... Winky looked good all things considered, Im still a fan of his... good fight. - reedickyaluss have a piece of my favorite cake! - steelhead 
Swine Flu? - DWiens421 For Those Points You Gave Me Lad! Yadadamean? P.s. PBF is Going to KTFO JMM! - Flawlezz Zombie Jesus told me to give you this gift... LMAO - ABOSWORTH Your incredible with the sigs man. i don't know how u do it. - Truth You're The Best! - ProfessionalLoc 
40 Oz & Chronic - Loccy Professional Pie - Loccy Professional Lollipop - Loccy To The ATG P4P Sig Maker On Boxing Scene...Much Appreciated And Thank You :) - BritishBoxing92 Happy new year! - Toney Loc 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy 

Quote:
The tooth fairy is a story invented to help little kids get over the trauama of losing teeth.

A thirst for the divine is imprinted into every human being since the beginning of time. Every single civilization has had a hunger and an instinct to search for where they came from.

If you open your eyes and heart.. if you listen carefully.. to the earth, to the stars, to your dreams, then you will know that there is something greater about all this.

Even atheists have this hunger. It's just they gave up somewhere along the way for whatever reason or inability. Some people never give up.
smh....
Old 02-03-2013, 09:33 PM
Mud
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 10 Mud has a reputation beyond reputeMud has a reputation beyond reputeMud has a reputation beyond reputeMud has a reputation beyond reputeMud has a reputation beyond reputeMud has a reputation beyond reputeMud has a reputation beyond reputeMud has a reputation beyond reputeMud has a reputation beyond reputeMud has a reputation beyond reputeMud has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 224,208.82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enayze View Post
Yeah, you got it nailed down, God is the bad guy and you have the right to judge Him.
I dont think God is the bad guy at all. I think he doesnt exist.

And i also think you have given up trying to argue your belief that God kills children because of original sin (the talking snake and apple story).
I dont blame you.

Quote:
You asked if I thought we have been sinning more recently than before, I pointed out Hitler, Mao, and Stalin, so you had shut up about that question and twisted it into something else.
No i didnt. Its the same issue. It only seems twisted because your argument is quite ridiculous.
The examples you gave of sin, were Hitler, Stalin and Mao. And the examples you gave of disasters were Indonesia and Japan.
So are you now saying they arent connected?

Quote:
i.e. I explained my position thoroughly, you, for whatever reason just cannot grasp it.
Another point you have given up on because it clearly is nonsense.

Quote:
You made an incoherent statement.
Nah.
It went like this;
Me: "As science has understood more about the universe, reasons for believing in god have diminished."
You: Again just because you find out by what method God used to create the universe does not disqualify God from existence
Me: By what methods did god create the universe?
You: The methods by which God created the Universe is up to you and rest of the mankind to find out.

So first you suggest scientific knowledge is actually uncovering Gods methods. But then when asked a simple question asking what his methods were, you switch to..."mankind need to find that out".

So, you dont know. And therefore science has never uncovered any supernatural method at all. Like i said, God does magic. We havent discovered any magic yet.

Quote:
Again you missed the point completely, or maybe you didn't even bother looking for it. In either case its not that hard to understand.
Your analogy failed. And again, you give up arguing it. You are saying complexity points to the existence of a creator. Im saying it does not because there is no supernatural cause. You must rely on your God of the gaps crap. Which is an argument from ignorance.

Quote:
An event can be caused by a supernatural entity (God), through a natural cause, get it?
Look back at your statement. You start with an assumption God is the creator;
"...just because you find out by what means God created something does not mean he now automatically does not get credit."

To know how something came to be, you look at the evidence first. The evidence doesnt point to a deity unless you use the gaps fallacy.

Quote:
First and foremost you are grasping at straws, the bible has been translated into 2,500+ languages, which accounts for roughly 97% of the population, and for the remaining 200,000,000 there is already a project underway to have the bible extended to reach the rest of those people.
lol, so your God still hasnt reached 200 million people? That was my point. Thanks for the stats.
It makes no sense at all that an all powerful God chooses to communicate his vital words of salvation and guidance through a book that STILL hasnt reached so many people.

Quote:
Exactly what passages are you talking about?
Dont be silly.
One of the main reasons why there are so many denominations is precisely because of differing interpretations.
As for specific passages that lead to debates among people, there are too many to remember. But the book of Job always divides people. Abraham sacrificing Issac is another. People even question the 10 commandments, and in fact most of Leviticus and Deuteronomy are often argued over. Then the obvious examples of homosexuality and the role of women.
Then there literalists, creationists and those that see the bible as metaphor and allegory.
And im talking about just the believers.

Quote:
What kind of question is that? Is anything impossible for God, if He truly is God? Why not ask how exactly can you verify that Jesus brought people back from the dead, or how Jonah survived in a whale for 3 days? These are all miracles that are faith based.
Right, they cant be verified. All the vital stuff cant actually be proven. Like the talking snake. So you dont know whether the children that God kills with tsunami's were born with original sin. The same original sin that Jesus died saving us from. You dont really know that any of it is true. Thats fine.
You could of just ticked the "Dont know" option in the poll and saved us both a lot of time!

Quote:
"Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment." (John 7:24)

Based on your character you are a hypocrite. In anycase you never answered my question you are pro life right?
lol, Theres always a bible quote to contradict another bible quote. That backs up my earlier point about differing interpretations.

You really dont know my character. And how exactly am i a hypocrite?
Old 02-03-2013, 10:21 PM
MidnightSpecial
Dean of the Scene

Rep Power: 44 MidnightSpecial has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightSpecial has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightSpecial has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightSpecial has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightSpecial has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightSpecial has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightSpecial has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightSpecial has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightSpecial has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightSpecial has a reputation beyond reputeMidnightSpecial has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,717,109,269,545.99
Total Points: 13,917,259,629,654.08
HDTV - MANGLER Thanks! - jazluvr for taking my abuse like a champion!! U.S showed heart my nigg.. I just like talking shit about u.s soccer. :D - -Jack- have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Gets hot in the south...drink up! - jazluvr 
good luck in the league, you'll need it - El Mustang Drink up Cuzin!!!!!! Gulf Coast FTW!!!!!!! - Chief2ndzOnly! Cheers - AKATheMack have a fish - MidnightSpecial have a beer...its pabst - -pound4pound- 
Who Dat? - Super Saints! - LeeVanCleef Drink up Cuzzin!!!!!! - Chief2ndzOnly! for a cool poster - led Heineken for my buddie! - Doreem The only guy who will give me a run for my money GIF style! - Dorian.. 
have a beer on me - led real talk - shogun tua Cheers! - Uncle Howie Feliz Navidad - El Mustang I couldn't send you karma, so gift instead. Kissing the ring, to keep the pimp hand strong :lol1: - Bossy 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - The Scientist Childhood Cancer - MARKBNLV Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANGLER Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - BritishBoxing92 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Spray_resistant Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - LeeVanCleef World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - DorianWozniacki 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether 

Quote:

Even atheists have this hunger. It's just they gave up somewhere along the way for whatever reason or inability. Some people never give up.
..........what?

If you want to go that route...atheists strive for knowledge to explain our existence much more than religious people do

religion in itself is a cheap copout to explain everything....an explanation that was thought up by ancient civilizations thousands of years ago....sooooooo your quest for knowledge was over before you were even born.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:49 AM
squealpiggy
Stritctly UG's friend

Rep Power: 212 squealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.96
Total Points: 2,140,326,017,971.11
Good poster and a good guy, from Gmitchell - GMitchell f.aggot - Mizzou Super Piggy. - ABOSWORTH Good shit - mangler jr use it when you are too old to get a man - Carnivore 
The Demon-Haunted World - TheJoker take a break!!, lest you break! - Geze squealpiggy is in love with a f@ggot, lol, nyahahaha squealpiggy told me this, lol, nyahahahaha - Tha_Greatest you obliverated zizou homie, good win in your thunderdome resume, lol, nyahahahahaha - Tha_Greatest Eve says have a bite, its delicious.......... - bearman3000 
ATG Poster - Rich Loc Jr. Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab zombies are not the threat, it's people, well done - Mike Tyson77 Happy holidays bro! - led* 
sometimes I agree with you sometimes I don't but nevertheless I enjoy reading all your post! :fing02: - jose830 Very informative. - Barnburner you're a queer - Weltschmerz One of the worst posters - Weltschmerz Funny poster, deserves a medal - jas 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - ЯiZО Autism - Nemisis Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Mangler Jewnior Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - ƒallenloki Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ƒallenloki World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrysbird View Post

Richard Dawkins admits to Intelligent Design though
The question was "Is there any possible scenario you could imagine in which intelligent design could be true?" ad he responded that a highly intelligent alien race could have sparked life with a self replicating molecule, but that the intelligent alien race would itself have to have evolved naturalistically through Darwinian means.

It was edited to make it seem stupider.

Actually I think the entire film was edited to make it seem stupider!
Old 02-04-2013, 09:02 AM
Cuauhtémoc1520
Head Mexican in Charge

Rep Power: 124 Cuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 23,032,243,641,446.32
Total Points: 23,032,243,882,795.65
Feliz Navidad - El Mustang Have one on me, friend. - Grand Champ Great taste in women - Unknown Champ Legendary poster - Cleto_Reyes please fukk off,..........now take care, your homie in real life, god bless you you bitcch azz, lol, truly your freind, lol, tha greatest - Tha_Greatest 
Here's a beer from Bulgaria - BulgariasFinest Great posts, intelligent poster! Always great reading your stuff :) - Bossy No Message - Freelancer One of the best poster's - arraamis One of the best posters in the 'Scene - ELHURACAN58 
damn homie i missed your 19000 post congrats!    you one the best posters here! - jose830 happy birthday coach! - HUGH JASS Birthday beer, cheers! - MELLY-MEL... i posted "las mañanitas" on the thread before you mention it but took it down thinking it was to gay :lol1: happy birthday bro! - jose830 happy bday - -Mustang- 
Happy bday grandpa! - led* One of Boxingscene's finest! - CubanGuyNYC Cuauhtémoc1520 Knows Boxing! - LoadedWraps P4P, a top poster/knowledgeable - SlySlickSmooth May you never stop spreading your knowledge. - BattlingNelson 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Underboss World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Childhood Cancer - TBear Childhood Cancer - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enayze View Post
Yes it did, its called the big bang, and just about every reputable scientist believes that.
It's sad when people argue over things that they haven't even taken the time to educate themselves on. The Big Bang isn't something just coming from nothing, it's the theory of how the universe as we know it began. It doesn't mean there was nothing there, before the Big Bang it was physics but we don't know.

Quote:
There has not been any conclusive tests that show how living matter from non living matter is possible. If there was I would like you to provide me with a link that proves what you are saying.
There haven't been conclusive tests you are right but you should look into the experiments of scientists like Sidney W. Fox, Geoffrey W. Hoffmann and many others who have given hypothesis of how this could be possible.

Quote:
So I bet you feel like you are one of the few enlightened ones.
I feel like the realization that there is no god is something that came about because of my personal inquiries to what I was being taught throughout my life. I studied the history of it, how the Bible is full of inconsistencies and realized it was nothing more than an ancient book that was written to control people and doesn't apply in today's world.

Quote:
No religious person that i have worked with has ever "forced" God down anyones throat, and I have worked with quite a few. In fact religious people are some of the kindest folk you can meet. However, It's usually people like you who instigate an argument with religious people so that you could post it here on BS and somehow try and show your delusional moral superiority.
God is forced down our throats everyday. When politicians want to vote with their religious ideals first and foremost, when gays aren't given the rights they deserve, or women or any other group they deem immoral or against what they believe. The fact we have "In God We Trust" on our money or "Under God" in our pledge of allegiance.

We are forced to accept god in our public places over and over again, even though the founders of this country did not want that and specifically talked about keeping any religion out of the public square.

I'm not talking about individuals, I'm talking about people that want to run this country in a religious way when it shouldn't be. You can believe in any fairy tale you want, just keep those beliefs out of my life, away from my tax dollars and give the same rights to everyone.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:13 PM
squealpiggy
Stritctly UG's friend

Rep Power: 212 squealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.96
Total Points: 2,140,326,017,971.11
Good poster and a good guy, from Gmitchell - GMitchell f.aggot - Mizzou Super Piggy. - ABOSWORTH Good shit - mangler jr use it when you are too old to get a man - Carnivore 
The Demon-Haunted World - TheJoker take a break!!, lest you break! - Geze squealpiggy is in love with a f@ggot, lol, nyahahaha squealpiggy told me this, lol, nyahahahaha - Tha_Greatest you obliverated zizou homie, good win in your thunderdome resume, lol, nyahahahahaha - Tha_Greatest Eve says have a bite, its delicious.......... - bearman3000 
ATG Poster - Rich Loc Jr. Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab zombies are not the threat, it's people, well done - Mike Tyson77 Happy holidays bro! - led* 
sometimes I agree with you sometimes I don't but nevertheless I enjoy reading all your post! :fing02: - jose830 Very informative. - Barnburner you're a queer - Weltschmerz One of the worst posters - Weltschmerz Funny poster, deserves a medal - jas 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - ЯiZО Autism - Nemisis Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Mangler Jewnior Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - ƒallenloki Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ƒallenloki World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

God doesn't not exist. Yes or no.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:35 PM
sparkman0811
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 6 sparkman0811 has a reputation beyond reputesparkman0811 has a reputation beyond reputesparkman0811 has a reputation beyond reputesparkman0811 has a reputation beyond reputesparkman0811 has a reputation beyond reputesparkman0811 has a reputation beyond reputesparkman0811 has a reputation beyond reputesparkman0811 has a reputation beyond reputesparkman0811 has a reputation beyond reputesparkman0811 has a reputation beyond reputesparkman0811 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 11,001,065,928.08

I believe in God, since to believe that there is no greater intelligence or universal consciousness is kind of silly. Do we deny that there is an intelligence greater than ourselves? And I'm not talking about ET, I'm talking about greater than ET. Einstein believed in God, Newton believed in God. So will I.

The Creator

Last edited by sparkman0811; 03-28-2014 at 09:38 PM..