Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 01-31-2013, 05:34 PM
edgarg
Honest BoxingScene posts

Rep Power: 33 edgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 25,738,468.50
Top Poster - WLAD OWNS one of boxingscene's best - Carnivore you're great poster - keep on setting them straight! - Freedom. your an excellent poster - happyman You're a tremendous poster. - Weltschmerz 
Again, great post man - Cuauhtémoc1520 So you can kiss up to Bob Arum better - ShoulderRoll For being a very knowledgeable poster! - PainfromUkraine for helping - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WladimirK View Post
What's your memory of this fight?
Which circumstances in Mike's tumultuous life in 1990 were more significant and made him lose this fight?
Interested to hear your memories and views on this one.
I remember reading before the fight that he was spending all his time in geisha houses and wasn't training. The newspaper showed pictures of him, a week before the fight strolling down in the Ginza with a few fellows and geishas. (costumed women anyway) I recall it because I'd been there myself-without the women.....
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-31-2013, 05:41 PM
Ray Corso
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 Ray Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 11,000,067,837.84
Listen to Ray, he knows boxing - valero Knowledgable poster - Weltz Knowledgeable - Beercules invaluable to the training forum - jas 

Mike was defeated long before the bell rang! His "trainers" were amatuers his corner was a mess and he had no right to even be in there!
Not to take anything away from Buster because Buster trained to win and he did! Buster was a very good heavy and without his outside problems and his inability to seperate his boxing career from every day problems he could have been much more successfull in the sport! He had good size, speed and power and was a good athlete even at 300lbs which he often balloned to!
It wasn't that big of an upset if you knew what was going on in Mikes life then.
Ray.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:30 PM
pacmanis1
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 pacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,000,050,505.30
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil No Message - sugarsmosley 

That's probably my favorite fight of all time, and at least top 3. It was the perfect storm. As others have said Tyson had been doing his own thing, and team sucked. See the rubber glove as proof they weren't prepared. He wasn't moving or throwing combos like the prime Tyson. On the flip side you can't take anyting away from Buster. He fought the perfect fight. The way he was using his jab was just a thing of beauty. Also as other said his mother had died and fueled his desire to win.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:56 PM
TaurusJ27
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 TaurusJ27 is a name known to allTaurusJ27 is a name known to allTaurusJ27 is a name known to allTaurusJ27 is a name known to allTaurusJ27 is a name known to allTaurusJ27 is a name known to all
Total Points: 24,107.11

I remember seeing the front page headline of my local paper that I thought summed up the fight. It read "Real life Rocky k.o.'s Tyson".
Old 01-31-2013, 06:59 PM
Snake...
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Snake... is infamous around these partsSnake... is infamous around these partsSnake... is infamous around these partsSnake... is infamous around these partsSnake... is infamous around these partsSnake... is infamous around these partsSnake... is infamous around these partsSnake... is infamous around these partsSnake... is infamous around these partsSnake... is infamous around these partsSnake... is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 10,016,215,228.91
have an apple....... - bigsmoothh 

tyson most overrated boxer of all time
Old 01-31-2013, 07:02 PM
redmyth79
Up and Comer

Total Points: 3,888.14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
His ten count was 14 seconds to Tyson and to Douglas. They tried to get the decision over turned, but after looking into the rules, its a ten count not a ten second rule.
Sad but very true. Tyson won the fight and was f,,ded bad.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:15 PM
Boxing Bob
Mexico = GOAT :mexico1:

Rep Power: 0 Boxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these partsBoxing Bob is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 5,036,635.14

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh grant View Post
Great performance by Buster, but didnt the ref rob Tyson with the long count. I thought Tyson won.
better watch the fight again, Douglas could have gotten up at anytime. He caught up with the referees count and rose when he needed to. This the same BS arguement Don King tried
Old 01-31-2013, 07:16 PM
Lords
UnfaithfullyYours

Rep Power: 8 Lords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond reputeLords has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,310,228,845.94
Total Points: 18,533,734,404.68
No Message - thoughtsss have some popcorn m8 - sugarsmosley No Message - Lords 

Mike picking up his mouthpiece as he was dazed and getting to his feet will be something ill never forget.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:18 PM
Michael Paine
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 31 Michael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 389,482,418,360.95
Total Points: 389,482,590,098.77
ownage of a pactard - I'm so sorry Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks you deserve a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Happy belated 1 year Anniversary. - E.P.T. Hahahaha, funny reply my ninja, here's another cake for your upcoming 2 year anniversary. - E.P.T. 
happy holidays, great poster - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Bob View Post
better watch the fight again, Douglas could have gotten up at anytime. He caught up with the referees count and rose when he needed to. This the same BS arguement Don King tried
Yes he was going to get up at 5 but decided to wait until he got to 7. Tyson's legs were like jelly when he tried getting up.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:28 PM
hugh grant
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 43 hugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,038,346,271.29
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - rorymac Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - I'm so sorry 

Tyson looked like a drunk looking for his mouthpiece. But having said that, Tyson always tried to look kind of dignified when hurt. His legs have never done a trevor berbick dance and loose all dignity.
I think maybe cos Tyson didnt try bouncing up and down pretending he wasnt hurt like Berbick did.