Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 03-02-2013, 09:41 AM
AlexKid
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 4 AlexKid has a reputation beyond reputeAlexKid has a reputation beyond reputeAlexKid has a reputation beyond reputeAlexKid has a reputation beyond reputeAlexKid has a reputation beyond reputeAlexKid has a reputation beyond reputeAlexKid has a reputation beyond reputeAlexKid has a reputation beyond reputeAlexKid has a reputation beyond reputeAlexKid has a reputation beyond reputeAlexKid has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,433,195.01
for being a true ambassador in the training forum - jas 
Default Tyson hit harder than Foreman and Earnie Shavers

Guys like foreman and earnie shavers get the credit for being the hardest punchers ever, but I have a theory.

Foreman and earnie shavers hit with STRENGTH foreman pushes too much, Tyson hits with true power or SNAP he has much better technique.

All the fighters said earnie hit the hardest but maybe earnies punches just FELT the hardest.

Tysons punches are clean and fast as hell, and I suspect they may be more powerful, I bet they dont FEEL as punishing especially to the body, but I bet they are more likely to put your lights out!

Remember a prime Tyson forman and shavers weighed around the same mark and Tyson was much faster than both of them put together and power in a punch is largely from speed, bodyweight being secondary to that.

I bet Tyson would turn out smokin joe fraiziers lights much faster than foreman did, forman was LIFTING HIM UP OFF HIS FEET etc that requires a PUSHY STRONG punch, a snappy punch would instantly turn their lights out and not look so dramatic.

Last edited by AlexKid; 03-02-2013 at 09:51 AM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-02-2013, 10:18 AM
rightsideup
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 rightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond reputerightsideup has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 5,200,351,381.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexKid View Post
Guys like foreman and earnie shavers get the credit for being the hardest punchers ever, but I have a theory.

Foreman and earnie shavers hit with STRENGTH foreman pushes too much, Tyson hits with true power or SNAP he has much better technique.

All the fighters said earnie hit the hardest but maybe earnies punches just FELT the hardest.

Tysons punches are clean and fast as hell, and I suspect they may be more powerful, I bet they dont FEEL as punishing especially to the body, but I bet they are more likely to put your lights out!

Remember a prime Tyson forman and shavers weighed around the same mark and Tyson was much faster than both of them put together and power in a punch is largely from speed, bodyweight being secondary to that.

I bet Tyson would turn out smokin joe fraiziers lights much faster than foreman did, forman was LIFTING HIM UP OFF HIS FEET etc that requires a PUSHY STRONG punch, a snappy punch would instantly turn their lights out and not look so dramatic.
tyson was faster than earnie and george but i am not sure he hit harder
Old 03-02-2013, 10:31 AM
AlexKid
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 4 AlexKid has a reputation beyond reputeAlexKid has a reputation beyond reputeAlexKid has a reputation beyond reputeAlexKid has a reputation beyond reputeAlexKid has a reputation beyond reputeAlexKid has a reputation beyond reputeAlexKid has a reputation beyond reputeAlexKid has a reputation beyond reputeAlexKid has a reputation beyond reputeAlexKid has a reputation beyond reputeAlexKid has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,433,195.01
for being a true ambassador in the training forum - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightsideup View Post
tyson was faster than earnie and george but i am not sure he hit harder
Im not sure either, but speed makes a huge difference when there is bodyweight behind that speed, tyson is perfect example of that, Ali was an perfect example of someone that was very fast but didnt commit much bodyweight behind a fast punch so he could stay safe and nimble on his feet.

Last edited by AlexKid; 03-02-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:09 PM
Sugarj
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 19 Sugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,030,077,803.41
For being a cool poster - -IronMike- beer for a good poster - led Top Poster. - Barnburner Great info in the running thread. - Barnburner for the excellent race time (Its new running shoes!) - The Surgeon 
for invaluable advice in the training forum - jas 

I've got a feeling that if all three were to land right crosses on a PSI machine (like you see Ivan Drago hitting in Rocky IV) then I'd expect Shaver's right to give the highest figure, followed by Foreman and then Tyson.

But Tyson undoubtably hit extremely hard regardless, with superior technique and in quicker combination than Shavers or Foreman. There probably would be opponents that prime Tyson would KO that might be more decisive than Foreman or Shavers simply due to the overwhelming effect of his combination punching when the opponent was hurt.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:31 PM
TysonBomb
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 3 TysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 38,728.08
one of boxingscene's worst posters - Freedom. No Message - Fire and Fear No Message - Fire and Fear No Message - Fire and Fear 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Fire and Fear Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - Fire and Fear 

Tyson was a better KO puncher than both. I'd also venture to say he could generate more force behind his punches.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:47 PM
elfag
Hawaiian F@g

Rep Power: 0 elfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 1,100,110,422.30

Foreman hits harder than Tyson. A lot of times it looks like he is hardly trying or they are arm punches and the only way you can tell is by the reaction of his opponents to the punches. A lot of body shots by foreman that didnt look that big had his opponents wincing.

Tyson had speed and accuracy, of course power too. But when you see him hurt his opponents its with clean accurate shots where you can be like damn that was a good shot. When you see foreman land some of his they dont look that big but you got guys like chuvalo curled up in the corner wincing in pain from it.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:01 PM
TysonBomb
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 3 TysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 38,728.08
one of boxingscene's worst posters - Freedom. No Message - Fire and Fear No Message - Fire and Fear No Message - Fire and Fear 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Fire and Fear Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - Fire and Fear 

Quote:
Originally Posted by el*** View Post
Foreman hits harder than Tyson. A lot of times it looks like he is hardly trying or they are arm punches and the only way you can tell is by the reaction of his opponents to the punches. A lot of body shots by foreman that didnt look that big had his opponents wincing.

Tyson had speed and accuracy, of course power too. But when you see him hurt his opponents its with clean accurate shots where you can be like damn that was a good shot. When you see foreman land some of his they dont look that big but you got guys like chuvalo curled up in the corner wincing in pain from it.
Foreman's opponents would be in agony and stumbling around, but still on their feet until he finished them off. And Chuvalo said that he wasn't hurt by Foreman and the ref stopped the fight too soon.

Tyson would obliterate his opponents and they would be on the canvas completely disoriented and semi conscious.

You could survive a big shot from Foreman, but if Tyson caught you, you were done. The speed of his punches allowed him to hit with more force than Foreman or Shavers. Tyson was so powerful that pain wouldn't even register in his opponents, they would just drop after being concussed.

That is power.

Last edited by TysonBomb; 03-02-2013 at 03:05 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:36 PM
SlySlickSmooth
its all good

Rep Power: 15 SlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,015,498,520,008,163.25
Total Points: 1,149,508,520,099,427.00
A beer to go along with your winnings from tonight's bets! :) - Tyler_Durden No Message - UTEP Have a beer - led 80's Hip-Hop thread - -jose- a gift for u m8, just like danny ;) - sugarsmosley 
a truly great poster in the RBR threads - jas My treat - led a true boxing fan - jas Great and Fair poster - jas 

Foreman's power was pummeling and torturing.

Tyson was like a quick slit of the throat when he KOd you.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:04 PM
Ray Corso
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 Ray Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 11,000,064,408.82
Listen to Ray, he knows boxing - valero Knowledgable poster - Weltz Knowledgeable - Beercules invaluable to the training forum - jas 

I doubt anyone here actually has felt their punches?
I worked mitts with Mike when he was 15 yrs old and he hit as hard as Ernie did when Ernie was 26!!! I worked with both!!!
George had heavier hands than both and my opinion was formed by talking with men who fought him and sparred with him. Heavy hands are usually considered the "harder" puncher! All three got the job done when they landed against most men! Ray.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:29 PM
ROSS CALIFORNIA
Tyson fan

Rep Power: 213 ROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond reputeROSS CALIFORNIA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,634,677,419,231,394.00
Total Points: 11,634,677,419,232,458.00
why thanks mate, have a masterful evening - I'm so sorry happy new years man! - HUGH JASS happy new year - FkDaHtrs No Message - FkDaHtrs Here you go - ??? 
to a good friend - Fire and Fear No Message - messenger Awesome member award - jazluvr sorry being late - Nemisis No Message - MartinC 
Ross is the man! - valero Medal of Honor bro for integrity - Tyler_Durden No Message - CounterPunching thanks for the quick payment :fing02: - -jose- for your integrity - jazluvr 
Merry Christmas! =] - Tyler_Durden thanks, for the quick payment, who you got for the Cotto/Martinez fight? - -jose- Here's a bottle of vintage,1766 from Sicily.Enjoy. - Scott.Weiland. for swift payment on epoints bet! - jas No Message - Scott Weiland 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - FkDaHtrs Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - FkDaHtrs Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ROSS CALIFORNIA Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ROSS CALIFORNIA 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexKid View Post

Tyson also put his body into it and often sprung forward at the same time, so yes his punches were harder.