Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 02-04-2013, 08:37 PM
CubanGuyNYC
Latin From Manhattan

Rep Power: 33 CubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 12,490,029,212,863,068.00
Total Points: 12,490,029,212,891,692.00
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil For being a good poster - Cuauhtémoc1520 good poster - -MAKAVELLI- victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov 
Have a beer to celebrate! - dan_cov Le ganamos! - Matty Ice We Finally Here, this is our moment!!! - Cubanborn87 how Fredie Mercury would say...We are the champions..we are the champion...of the world.. - *ANGRY CUBAN* Voice of reason - P4P poster. ATG, NSB HoF. - damit305 
Happy New Year CubanGuyNYC - TBear Thanks bro, Happy New Years! All the best for 2014. - dan_cov Great BoxingScene poster and top guy - a beer for my Cuban brethren! - PainfromUkraine true top notch poster - sugarsmosley intelligent poster, here's a sandwich to munch into - jas 
good lookin' out! - lefthook2daliva For the old drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Sour grapes, drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Here you go man .. Always thought u represent us very well . I once referred to u as our " diplomatic ambassador " on here.  I think it suits u well !!!!! - Respect Power NSB Book of Wisdom - damit305 
Default (Mikey) Garcia Feeling Fine After Surgery

(The following is an article by ESPN's Dan Rafael: )

Other than a little facial bruising following surgery to repair his busted nose, newly crowned featherweight titlist Miguel Angel "Mikey" Garcia is feeling and sounding good.

Garcia suffered the broken nose just before the end of the eighth round against Orlando Salido on Jan. 19 at the Madison Square Garden Theater in New York when Salido rammed him in the face with an accidental head-butt.

The ringside doctor determined that Garcia could not continue, so the fight was stopped and sent to the scorecards for a technical decision. Garcia, who had dropped Salido four times in a thoroughly dominant performance, won the lopsided decision and a slice of the 126-pound title.

Garcia, 25, of Oxnard, Calif., had surgery Friday to repair his nose.

"I look more beat up after surgery than I did after the fight," Garcia joked when we spoke on Monday. "I'm a little beat up around the nose, and my eyes are a little black after the surgery. But it went as planned and shouldn't be too long of a recovery time."

Garcia (31-0, 26 KOs) said he went home from the hospital just an hour or so after the procedure and feels fine now.

"My nose is a little stuffy and it's a little hard to breathe, but I'm fine," he said. "I have a post-op visit on Tuesday. I'm going back to the doctor and he will check me out and see how the healing process is going and tell me know long until I get to train and spar again."

Cameron Dunkin, Garcia's manager, said the hope is to schedule Garcia's first title defense in May, but that it more likely will be in June.

"The surgery went fine and he will be ready in May, and when I mentioned that to [Top Rank executives] Todd [duBoef] and Carl [Moretti], they said he probably wouldn't be scheduled until June," Dunkin said.

One potential opponent Dunkin mentioned is Orlando Cruz (19-2-1, 9 KOs) of Puerto Rico, the WBO's leading available contender. Cruz, of course, made international headlines last fall when he became the first active boxer in history to announce that he is gay.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-04-2013, 08:43 PM
STREET CLEANER
The Watcher

Rep Power: 13 STREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 33,190,848.51
Total Points: 31,043,233,748.02
so you can stop being paranoid about me, we will always be true blue homies forever even though you hate me - Tha_Greatest Salud! - STREET CLEANER i see, my thread annoyed you, lol, that means im doing good, lol, stay angry but keep writing, lol, peace pal - Tha_Greatest 

Garcia beats Orlando easy. I feel like there is unfinished business against Salido.

At the end of the Salido/Garcia fight, Robert went across the ring and was cursing at Salido for Mikey's broken nose. Not to gentleman like
Old 02-04-2013, 08:47 PM
TX_BOXNG
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 TX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond reputeTX_BOXNG has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,229,195,597,245.29
Total Points: 2,244,365,650,423.35
for having a Mares avi - Cleto_Reyes thanks for posting on the thread man - robson24 

Quote:
Originally Posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
Garcia beats Orlando easy. I feel like there is unfinished business against Salido.

At the end of the Salido/Garcia fight, Robert went across the ring and was cursing at Salido for Mikey's broken nose. Not to gentleman like
Yea he told him fight clean dont be trying to cheat lol
Old 02-04-2013, 08:48 PM
Young Money
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 Young Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond reputeYoung Money has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 11,159,891.37

Hopefully he looks better after the nose surgery, dude is a troll looking moherfocker.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:09 PM
STREET CLEANER
The Watcher

Rep Power: 13 STREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond reputeSTREET CLEANER has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 33,190,848.51
Total Points: 31,043,233,748.02
so you can stop being paranoid about me, we will always be true blue homies forever even though you hate me - Tha_Greatest Salud! - STREET CLEANER i see, my thread annoyed you, lol, that means im doing good, lol, stay angry but keep writing, lol, peace pal - Tha_Greatest 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
Yea he told him fight clean dont be trying to cheat lol
No, he actually went over and cursed at him before the fight was stopped. They shouldn't have allowed that. I had good seats at that fight and you could hear what he said to Salido.