Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 01-29-2013, 12:47 AM
Bitel Diamond
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Bitel Diamond will become famous soon enoughBitel Diamond will become famous soon enough
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 11,256.72

The Only Way that Ward lead HBO PPV or SHO PPV is vs Chavez Jr

Ward cant sell more than 3000 Tickets

Or vs Martinez with a Big Mexican/US Name on the Undercard
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-29-2013, 01:15 AM
FeFist
No.1

Rep Power: 20 FeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,480,172,668,981.47
Total Points: 2,609,841,599,637.69
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil No Message - hectari 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - FeFist 

His lack of fame is down to his inactivity. After his fight with Froch the stage was set for him to do big things. He should have fought Bute, people didn't know he was a hype job at the time so people would have seen it as a fight between the no. 1 and no. 2 Super Middleweight. He would have broken the mystique (more than likely in spectacular fashion) then he could have gone on to defend his title. People would tune. Wouldn't be as much as Mayweather, Pacquiao and Cotto but I think his name would be about as valuable as Martinez's.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:19 AM
Phenom
Phenomdeaux

Bank: 16,023,459,531,246.14
Total Points: 16,023,469,550,395.53
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bearman3000 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - bearman3000 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc3383 View Post
Style has nothing to do with it; people say Floyd is boring; Holyfield wasn't a trash talker but sold a bunch of PPV's. There is nobody in his weightclass that he could fight on PPV besides maybe B-Hop and that won't happen.
he aint Floyd though closer to Hopkins who wasn't a PPV star but without the swag his style is boring too many headbutts and clinches in a Ward fight
Old 01-29-2013, 01:52 AM
ArtThouFurious?
Banned

Rep Power: 0 ArtThouFurious? has a reputation beyond reputeArtThouFurious? has a reputation beyond reputeArtThouFurious? has a reputation beyond reputeArtThouFurious? has a reputation beyond reputeArtThouFurious? has a reputation beyond reputeArtThouFurious? has a reputation beyond reputeArtThouFurious? has a reputation beyond reputeArtThouFurious? has a reputation beyond reputeArtThouFurious? has a reputation beyond reputeArtThouFurious? has a reputation beyond reputeArtThouFurious? has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,397.77
Boxingscene's Worst Poster - Freedom. make your old corpse pretty for David Haye - Freedom. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittlez View Post
I agree with almost everything you say. but it's not that America set it's standards high for elite athletes.. it's that Ward is in the wrong era.
Both are correct.

Quote:
If Andre Ward was in the 80's... and marketed right.. we will see him talked about in the mainstream a lot more.

ESPECIALLY if he had fought at LHW or MW.. against the likes of Hagler or Spinks.
Boxing was in a different place then, than it is now. He would be exposed to more people no doubt. And fights with household names would definitely help his drawing power to an extent. But at the same time, an American boxer with a style THAT UGLY would never gain a "superstar" level of notoriety here. And we know this because it's never happened before. Every superstar caliber boxer that the U.S. has produced has had fan friendly styles. The most popular 80's fighters for instance, like Tyson and every single member of the fab 4 possessed styles of fight that were about as aesthetically pleasing as it gets. And they all knocked mothafuckas out!
Old 01-29-2013, 04:15 AM
MurkaMan
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 MurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 5,725,230,897.73
For disobeying me - Red Slider No Message - Red Slider No Message - Red Slider No Message - Red Slider No Message - Red Slider 
No Message - Red Slider No Message - Red Slider No Message - Red Slider No Message - Red Slider No Message - Red Slider 
No Message - Red Slider No Message - Red Slider No Message - Red Slider No Message - Red Slider No Message - Red Slider 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Red Slider Gay and Lesbian Pride - Red Slider Gay and Lesbian Pride - Red Slider Gay and Lesbian Pride - Red Slider Gay and Lesbian Pride - Red Slider 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Red Slider Gay and Lesbian Pride - Red Slider Gay and Lesbian Pride - Red Slider Gay and Lesbian Pride - Red Slider Gay and Lesbian Pride - Red Slider 

Quote:
Originally Posted by commodus View Post
No.......His Fighting style is waaaaaaayyyy to Boring
Boring? Man Ward dont clinch no more! That guy is very violent, takes risk, inside fighting, dirty, aggressive! He dropped Chad so many times, outboxed him, brawled him, beat the crap out of him, and got the stoppage while the crowd went wild! He walked down Froch and had him looking at the ref for help! People love repeating things they heard others say! "He's boring because he's a slick fighter!" I think Arum started that about slick fighters back in the day and now people repeat it! Brawlers are boring, because its so easy to do what they do! Opposed to slick fighters who take years upon years to develop! But Ward is a slick, violent, brawler. Ward will beat the crap out of guys, and fight dirty in the process so GTFO!!

Last edited by MurkaMan; 01-29-2013 at 04:19 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:37 AM
Tha_Greatest
YOU HATE FLOYD TOO

Rep Power: 260 Tha_Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha_Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha_Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha_Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha_Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha_Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha_Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha_Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha_Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha_Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha_Greatest has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 10,213,252,852.03
Total Points: 10,983,350,632.85
A memento of Cotto-Margarito II... - TintaBoricua to my homie - Tulisanto No Message - Tulisanto my nigga - MARKBNLV Happy New Year - Freedom. 
happy new year - BoZz fuck tha lakers lol nyahahahahaha - Sifo Dyas A return of a kind gesture. - Unseen Got To Super Man you up to the next level - Unseen Then my task is to do the same LOL - Unseen 
No Message - larryx2012 racist lil fruity ass nigga fujk outta here - Da Problem heres some junk food from your workplace, mcdonalds &quot;i said extra BBQ sauce kid get it right&quot; - Da Problem Drink up mayne, it's on me - Mike D One more nyahahahah!!! - LeeVanCleef 
Sup bro - El Angel BOSS POSTER - Neutral Happy New Year - Freedom. Pretend this is Broners pp and stick it up your ass and enjoy - The Problem Thanks Man! - ELHURACAN58 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Big Smoke Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Big Smoke Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Big Smoke Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Big Smoke Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Big Smoke 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Big Smoke Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Big Smoke Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Big Smoke Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Big Smoke Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Big Smoke 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Big Smoke Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Willy Wanker Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Willy Wanker Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BritishBoxing92 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - bigsmoothh 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurkaMan View Post
Boring? Man Ward dont clinch no more! That guy is very violent, takes risk, inside fighting, dirty, aggressive! He dropped Chad so many times, outboxed him, brawled him, beat the crap out of him, and got the stoppage while the crowd went wild! He walked down Froch and had him looking at the ref for help! People love repeating things they heard others say! "He's boring because he's a slick fighter!" I think Arum started that about slick fighters back in the day and now people repeat it! Brawlers are boring, because its so easy to do what they do! Opposed to slick fighters who take years upon years to develop! But Ward is a slick, violent, brawler. Ward will beat the crap out of guys, and fight dirty in the process so GTFO!!
ward is boring, lol, hes like really really boring cause he doesnt brawl, hes still the #1 fighter today though but he is ****ing boring as hell
Old 01-29-2013, 04:44 AM
thuggery
proper rock slanga'

Rep Power: 53 thuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,867,151,541,166,092.00
Total Points: 5,885,283,541,409,034.00
Thanks.  Let see if this works. - sdcluser Thankyou for your compliment. - Rockin' love &amp; peace - Lotus Flower Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks No Message - FkDaHtrs 
No Message - FkDaHtrs Haha thanks!  Here is a badass looking fish! - UglyPug Thanks man! - WARQUEZ Have a whopper!!!!! - E.P.T. one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. 
A legendary poster in the making. - WARQUEZ 4 some good luck coming your way - Rockin' destroying bandwagoners - .:: JSFD26 ::. already greened you, but props on posting that quote dissing c/w's - chiguy91 welcome back bro........ - bigsmoothh 
For a Toe to Toe poster! - LoadedWraps Good job! - Weltschmerz A brewski for a cool vato - hectari Merry Christmas - Freedom2013 i learned from the best, like you - Kuyukut 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery 

Hell no. He refuses to leave Cali for one, and he's boring as fuck. Accompany all of that with his excessive fouling in the ring and boring attitude outside of it, there's no chance.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:55 AM
YOU WILL LOSE
BECAUSE I HAVE PILES

Rep Power: 0 YOU WILL LOSE is infamous around these partsYOU WILL LOSE is infamous around these partsYOU WILL LOSE is infamous around these partsYOU WILL LOSE is infamous around these partsYOU WILL LOSE is infamous around these partsYOU WILL LOSE is infamous around these partsYOU WILL LOSE is infamous around these partsYOU WILL LOSE is infamous around these partsYOU WILL LOSE is infamous around these partsYOU WILL LOSE is infamous around these partsYOU WILL LOSE is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 10,042,186.83

if the ppv is cheaper than these sleeping pills i might buy
Old 01-29-2013, 05:06 PM
MurkaMan
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 MurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these partsMurkaMan is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 5,725,230,897.73
For disobeying me - Red Slider No Message - Red Slider No Message - Red Slider No Message - Red Slider No Message - Red Slider 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Greatest View Post
ward is boring, lol, hes like really really boring cause he doesnt brawl, hes still the #1 fighter today though but he is ****ing boring as hell
Quit that lyin, he had the crowd going wild in his last two fights! He way more exciting than Froch who is a boring, slow, bum brawler! Ward is an exciting, technical, slick, boxer/brawler!