Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 01-27-2013, 04:20 PM
halffttime
Amateur

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 3,603.89
Default a video of my third session on the speedbag

i would like your honest feedbacks.

this is my third day on the speedbag. i know i'm slow (just wanted to show form really) and should be moving as fast as i could on all occasions but understand this is at the end of my 2 and half hour session on the speedbag when i just realized i should make a video to show you guys, no excuses though.

i have no experience in boxing at all, consider myself an enthusiast and have been watching videos for the last couple of weeks now. finally decided to buy a speed bag the other day.

from what i've noticed myself.
- jab was more an elbow snap, instead of coming straight from the shoulder (could be the angle?)
- that hop after the slip and weave needs work
- need that constant hustle and speed to improve

[youtube]05bvYvCWlAM[/youtube]

in case you didn't notice, i'm working with very limited space.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-27-2013, 04:24 PM
halffttime
Amateur

need 15 posts to post url...

i swear if someone in toronto watching this video could point me in the right direction. i want to take boxing as seriously as possible, i know i'm already 22 and need to work as hard as possible soon. none of this basement *****.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:26 PM
halffttime
Amateur

i'm so hungry. literally and figuratively.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:28 PM
halffttime
Amateur

here you go, i don't know how to embed..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05bvY...ature=youtu.be
Old 01-27-2013, 07:25 PM
halffttime
Amateur

no response..
Old 01-28-2013, 03:08 AM
jaded
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 jaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 72,324,947,079,031.55
Total Points: 72,324,961,551,821.23
Thanks for the warning - MeiXiang loving the sig - Alx. gift - Daniel Alpha Happy new year bro! - led* 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha 

you suck...
Old 01-28-2013, 03:12 AM
SluggaBoy
Amateur

Total Points: 269.31

I couldn't watch all of it as I'm at work atm but a few things id try and focus on first.

You can't run unless you learn to walk properly - else you'll run like a tard.

When hitting the bag rap it with your knuckles first, then hit it with the flat(bottom) side of your fist. Do this per hand. So Knuckes/fist with the right - then knuckles/fist with the left.

If you're orthadox you'll find it's more tricky to hit the bag with your left, but it'll make your jab super fast and nothing feels better than landing a jab through a guard imo.

Do not worry about slipping anything. There is no point in doing it if the bag isn't swinging fast enough and if you can't take off from where you left off before the slip.

Take it slow, focus on getting the form right, with both hands, then increase the speed. Then once you get real good you don't have to rap with your knuckles, and you can mix up the pace, which hands you use and then add slipping.
Old 01-28-2013, 03:49 AM
SlySlickSmooth
its all good

Rep Power: 15 SlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond reputeSlySlickSmooth has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,056,524,660,216,492.75
Total Points: 1,190,534,660,313,207.75
A beer to go along with your winnings from tonight's bets! :) - Tyler_Durden No Message - UTEP Have a beer - led 80's Hip-Hop thread - -jose- a gift for u m8, just like danny ;) - sugarsmosley 
a truly great poster in the RBR threads - jas My treat - led a true boxing fan - jas Great and Fair poster - jas 

3rd day and you're playing Tyson.. lol... can you at least hit it nonstop at decent speed for 3 minutes straight?
Old 01-28-2013, 09:46 AM
halffttime
Amateur

that dude who told me i suck, i appreciate it... i was starting to feel nice cause i can actually hit it now, now i'm going back at it to really "hit" it.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:36 AM
Ray Corso
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 Ray Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 11,000,064,888.89
Listen to Ray, he knows boxing - valero Knowledgable poster - Weltz Knowledgeable - Beercules invaluable to the training forum - jas 

1st. the bag is to low, get the bottom of the bag up to your chin. The way to learn the basic technique is to strike with your fist first then your hammer (side of fist) ....knuckles, hammer! Right hand fist/knuckle then left hand fist knuckle.
this will take you longer to learn than just using your hammer as your showing in your video but you will be learning it correctly. Plus once you learn it right you'll be able to do alot more on the bag! Don't row your arms, strike out bring the hands directly back thats one of the techniques the bag teaches, Hands Up! Get it done and make a new video in a week! Ray
add some weight on top of the platform. You'll get better reaction from the bag that way! Probably 10lbs should help!

Last edited by Ray Corso; 01-28-2013 at 10:40 AM.