Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 01-27-2013, 03:22 PM
TouchyAndalou
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 TouchyAndalou has a reputation beyond reputeTouchyAndalou has a reputation beyond reputeTouchyAndalou has a reputation beyond reputeTouchyAndalou has a reputation beyond reputeTouchyAndalou has a reputation beyond reputeTouchyAndalou has a reputation beyond reputeTouchyAndalou has a reputation beyond reputeTouchyAndalou has a reputation beyond reputeTouchyAndalou has a reputation beyond reputeTouchyAndalou has a reputation beyond reputeTouchyAndalou has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 22,513,501,165.62
Total Points: 24,513,509,825.89

That's horrible to watch and a vivid reminder of just how brutal and dangerous this sport can be. It pays to think about the next time we're ragging on some ref for a premature stoppage. Better too early than too late every single time.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-27-2013, 03:27 PM
chav
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 26 chav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond reputechav has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 161,236,471,249,958.06
Total Points: 161,437,020,617,165.44
for the times when you don't have a man - Freedom. Cheers m8 - Manny_ate_myDog for being a freedom fighter! - JAB5239 thanks for making me a billionaire again! cheers - Prawn Cornelius Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Merry Christmas my brotha! - jose830 You too, bud! - yoz thanks for the quick payment Papi! - jose830 coco pop lmao! thanks for the pics - jose830 Here's a fish in return papi! - jose830 
What's up papi! Long time Here's a burger the yank way to eat lol - jose830 and a healthy milkshake to wash it down - jose830 it has been a while geezer!!! hope your keeping good bro. - HUGH JASS Morning C-Dog, have a brew on me. - HUGH JASS Jesus dude,good to see around! - HughJass 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchyAndalou View Post
That's horrible to watch and a vivid reminder of just how brutal and dangerous this sport can be. It pays to think about the next time we're ragging on some ref for a premature stoppage. Better too early than too late every single time.
I was thinking the same. Im British and I hate some of the early stoppgaes we get over here, but jesus, that kid who was only 17, needed a good British stoppage there

RIP young man
Old 01-27-2013, 03:39 PM
Zarco
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 20 Zarco has a reputation beyond reputeZarco has a reputation beyond reputeZarco has a reputation beyond reputeZarco has a reputation beyond reputeZarco has a reputation beyond reputeZarco has a reputation beyond reputeZarco has a reputation beyond reputeZarco has a reputation beyond reputeZarco has a reputation beyond reputeZarco has a reputation beyond reputeZarco has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,106,110.11
Total Points: 1,005,622,533.99
Feliz Ano Nuevo!!! - E.P.T. 

Shiet that sucks man...what must have done it? Was it pre-bout? Maybe they dont take the necessary precatuions. Maybe the kid had a major migrane and still went in there for 8 rounds to collect that check. What is it?
Old 01-27-2013, 04:01 PM
TouchyAndalou
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 TouchyAndalou has a reputation beyond reputeTouchyAndalou has a reputation beyond reputeTouchyAndalou has a reputation beyond reputeTouchyAndalou has a reputation beyond reputeTouchyAndalou has a reputation beyond reputeTouchyAndalou has a reputation beyond reputeTouchyAndalou has a reputation beyond reputeTouchyAndalou has a reputation beyond reputeTouchyAndalou has a reputation beyond reputeTouchyAndalou has a reputation beyond reputeTouchyAndalou has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 22,513,501,165.62
Total Points: 24,513,509,825.89

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav View Post
I was thinking the same. Im British and I hate some of the early stoppgaes we get over here, but jesus, that kid who was only 17, needed a good British stoppage there

RIP young man
Yeah, British refs definitely err on the side of caution more so than in the States, but given what happened to Michael Watson and Gerald McClellan in British rings, I think it's understandable.

I watch a lot of fights here and rarely feel too aggrieved at an early stoppage. Usually one guy is over-matched anyhow or losing by a large margin at the time of the stoppage. Of course, nobody wants to be robbed of a potential Corrales/Castillo - there's always a punchers chance and a fighter snatching victory from the jaws of defeat is one of the most exhilarating things about the sport. But clips like this stand to remind you that this isn't tennis or beach volleyball - two lives are on the line.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:04 PM
DoktorSleepless
DoktorWakeless

Rep Power: 25 DoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond reputeDoktorSleepless has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 107,971,945,507.94
cheers brother! - jose830 Thanks for posting that great fight - Libido Sanchez You're the Man! - SCEN3RY The GO-TO Medal! Given to those who report to duty! (1/20) LIMITED EDITION. - Golovkin have a beer - sugarsmosley 

Dude was still standing and was able to walk when the ref stopped it. Then all the sudden went limp in the corner. That was one most disturbing faces I've ever seen.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:08 PM
FeFist
No.1

Rep Power: 20 FeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,337,122,099,514.40
Total Points: 2,466,791,029,922.07
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil No Message - hectari 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - FeFist 

Watching the video was upsetting and at the same time frustrating. I understand that fighters are pumped up during a fight but it should be ingrained in their mind to obey the refs commands at all times. He pulled them apart so there was no need for him to continue trying to punch him in the face, in my honest opinion fighters should be banned/fined for doing things of that nature.

That being said may the youth rest in peace and may his family cope with their loss. His death reminds me of how viscous and unforgiving fights can be which is why I don't have a problem with fights being stopped when one guy is taking unnecessary punishment. Better to have an early stoppage than have someone severely injured or killed.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:05 PM
Muscles72
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 5 Muscles72 will become famous soon enoughMuscles72 will become famous soon enough
Total Points: 19,592.45

First prayers to the young man's family this is unfortunate he was so young I can only assume the kid had problems before the bout RIP
Old 01-27-2013, 05:41 PM
bigcursedawg
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 bigcursedawg has a reputation beyond reputebigcursedawg has a reputation beyond reputebigcursedawg has a reputation beyond reputebigcursedawg has a reputation beyond reputebigcursedawg has a reputation beyond reputebigcursedawg has a reputation beyond reputebigcursedawg has a reputation beyond reputebigcursedawg has a reputation beyond reputebigcursedawg has a reputation beyond reputebigcursedawg has a reputation beyond reputebigcursedawg has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 2,071,002.08
Great poster! - E.P.T. 

It's very unfortunate and sadly that won't be last time it happens.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:56 PM
flint
Pac smashed my mom

Rep Power: 0 flint has a reputation beyond reputeflint has a reputation beyond reputeflint has a reputation beyond reputeflint has a reputation beyond reputeflint has a reputation beyond reputeflint has a reputation beyond reputeflint has a reputation beyond reputeflint has a reputation beyond reputeflint has a reputation beyond reputeflint has a reputation beyond reputeflint has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,005,112,300.18

R.i.p. God bless
Old 01-27-2013, 06:07 PM
Body Movin'
60/40 I KICK YO ASS

Rep Power: 25 Body Movin' has a reputation beyond reputeBody Movin' has a reputation beyond reputeBody Movin' has a reputation beyond reputeBody Movin' has a reputation beyond reputeBody Movin' has a reputation beyond reputeBody Movin' has a reputation beyond reputeBody Movin' has a reputation beyond reputeBody Movin' has a reputation beyond reputeBody Movin' has a reputation beyond reputeBody Movin' has a reputation beyond reputeBody Movin' has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 169,570,941,431,369.91
Total Points: 169,570,942,589,883.72
good work - BostonGuy No Message - BostonGuy floyd - BostonGuy money mayweather - BostonGuy I like that beer-money thing you got going there, here add this beer to it...Jersey up in here! - jose830 
No Message - BostonGuy cheers - handwraps what a legend - sugarsmosley 

you don't play boxing.