Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#11
Old 01-28-2013, 12:32 PM
squealpiggy
Stritctly UG's friend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Great White North (no racist)
Age: 36
Posts: 39,181
Rep Power: 214 squealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 2,140,326,061,127.30
Bank: 2.15
Total Points: 2,140,326,061,129.45
Good poster and a good guy, from Gmitchell - GMitchell f.aggot - Mizzou Super Piggy. - ABOSWORTH Good shit - mangler jr use it when you are too old to get a man - Carnivore 
The Demon-Haunted World - TheJoker take a break!!, lest you break! - Geze squealpiggy is in love with a f@ggot, lol, nyahahaha squealpiggy told me this, lol, nyahahahaha - Tha_Greatest you obliverated zizou homie, good win in your thunderdome resume, lol, nyahahahahaha - Tha_Greatest Eve says have a bite, its delicious.......... - bearman3000 
ATG Poster - Rich Loc Jr. Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab zombies are not the threat, it's people, well done - Mike Tyson77 Happy holidays bro! - led* 
sometimes I agree with you sometimes I don't but nevertheless I enjoy reading all your post! :fing02: - jose830 Very informative. - Barnburner you're a queer - Weltschmerz One of the worst posters - Weltschmerz Funny poster, deserves a medal - jas 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - ЯiZО Autism - Nemisis Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Mangler Jewnior Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - ƒallenloki Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ƒallenloki World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2shameless View Post
You just made the claim that "no one wants to outlaw/take (any of) your guns."
Your addition in the parentheses changes the meaning entirely of what I said.

Quote:
Assuming that you watched the video, which is only 1 minute long, you know that the current leader of "gun control" does indeed desire to do so. If you didn't watch it, I have no idea why you're responding to me.
I don't watch youtube videos. Summarize them or don't mention them at all.
Reply With Quote
squealpiggy is offline
#12
Old 01-28-2013, 12:48 PM
2shameless
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 568
Rep Power: 5 2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,334.49
Bank: 14,982,905,543,387.36
Total Points: 14,982,905,553,721.85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by squealpiggy View Post
Your addition in the parentheses changes the meaning entirely of what I said.
Then your statement was intentionally and deceptively ambiguous.

Quote:
I don't watch youtube videos. Summarize them or don't mention them at all.
Senator Dianne Feinstein said "If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States, for an outright ban, picking up every one of them... Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in. I would have done it. The votes weren't here."

Here, this one is 44 seconds.



Or you could just continue to spout nonsense like "No one wants to take your guns." Your choice.

BTW New York's governor just outlawed anything with a magazine over 7 rounds, which is about 90% of all handguns. The legislation was pushed through so rapidly that they initially forgot to make exceptions for law enforcement.

Last edited by 2shameless; 01-28-2013 at 12:52 PM..
Reply With Quote
2shameless is offline
#13
Old 01-28-2013, 01:02 PM
squealpiggy
Stritctly UG's friend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Great White North (no racist)
Age: 36
Posts: 39,181
Rep Power: 214 squealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 2,140,326,061,127.30
Bank: 2.15
Total Points: 2,140,326,061,129.45
Good poster and a good guy, from Gmitchell - GMitchell f.aggot - Mizzou Super Piggy. - ABOSWORTH Good shit - mangler jr use it when you are too old to get a man - Carnivore 
The Demon-Haunted World - TheJoker take a break!!, lest you break! - Geze squealpiggy is in love with a f@ggot, lol, nyahahaha squealpiggy told me this, lol, nyahahahaha - Tha_Greatest you obliverated zizou homie, good win in your thunderdome resume, lol, nyahahahahaha - Tha_Greatest Eve says have a bite, its delicious.......... - bearman3000 
ATG Poster - Rich Loc Jr. Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab zombies are not the threat, it's people, well done - Mike Tyson77 Happy holidays bro! - led* 
sometimes I agree with you sometimes I don't but nevertheless I enjoy reading all your post! :fing02: - jose830 Very informative. - Barnburner you're a queer - Weltschmerz One of the worst posters - Weltschmerz Funny poster, deserves a medal - jas 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - ЯiZО Autism - Nemisis Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Mangler Jewnior Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - ƒallenloki Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ƒallenloki World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2shameless View Post
Then your statement was intentionally and deceptively ambiguous.



Senator Dianne Feinstein said "If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States, for an outright ban, picking up every one of them... Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in. I would have done it. The votes weren't here."

Here, this one is 44 seconds.



Or you could just continue to spout nonsense like "No one wants to take your guns." Your choice.

BTW New York's governor just outlawed anything with a magazine over 7 rounds, which is about 90% of all handguns. The legislation was pushed through so rapidly that they initially forgot to make exceptions for law enforcement.
I've repeated time and time again, what needs to be combated in America is gun culture. That is what is so damaging.

I don't know who the old lady is in your video though. How old is that? Twenty years?
Reply With Quote
squealpiggy is offline
#14
Old 01-28-2013, 01:35 PM
2shameless
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 568
Rep Power: 5 2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,334.49
Bank: 14,982,905,543,387.36
Total Points: 14,982,905,553,721.85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by squealpiggy View Post
I've repeated time and time again, what needs to be combated in America is gun culture. That is what is so damaging.
Decent enough redirection, I suppose. From the article you posted:

King recalls that the fictional schoolboy killer in his 1977 novel Rage, which was published under a pen name, Richard Bachman, resonated with several boys who subsequently rampaged at their own schools. One, Barry Loukaitis, shot dead a teacher and two students in Moses Lake, Washington in 1996, then quoted a line from the novel: "This sure beats algebra, doesn't it?"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2013...say-amazon-nra

What concerns me is the anti-gun culture in this country, especially since it tends to come from those that are inherently anti-American. Present company excluded, of course.

Quote:
I don't know who the old lady is in your video though. How old is that? Twenty years?
Once again she is California Senator Dianne Feinstein, who is currently proposing legislation to ban 150 models of rifles, pistols and shotguns. If you don't know who she is, you probably shouldn't be discussing U.S. gun control with any degree of credibility.

Last edited by 2shameless; 01-28-2013 at 01:44 PM..
Reply With Quote
2shameless is offline
#15
Old 01-28-2013, 01:42 PM
A.K.A
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 930
Rep Power: 0 A.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,010,000,015,736.77
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,010,000,015,736.77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2shameless View Post
Then your statement was intentionally and deceptively ambiguous.



Senator Dianne Feinstein said "If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate of the United States, for an outright ban, picking up every one of them... Mr. and Mrs. America, turn 'em all in. I would have done it. The votes weren't here."

Here, this one is 44 seconds.



Or you could just continue to spout nonsense like "No one wants to take your guns." Your choice.

BTW New York's governor just outlawed anything with a magazine over 7 rounds, which is about 90% of all handguns. The legislation was pushed through so rapidly that they initially forgot to make exceptions for law enforcement.
Putting restrictions on gun ownership, is not outlawing guns. Nobody is attempting to take your guns, they're just not. Feinstein seems to be referring specifically to assault rifles in your video and what she would like to do and what she's attempting to do are completely different subjects. Nobody is calling for an outright ban of all guns and nobody is proposing legislation to come take all your guns from you.
Reply With Quote
A.K.A is offline
#16
Old 01-28-2013, 01:54 PM
2shameless
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 568
Rep Power: 5 2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,334.49
Bank: 14,982,905,543,387.36
Total Points: 14,982,905,553,721.85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K.A View Post
Putting restrictions on gun ownership, is not outlawing guns. Nobody is attempting to take your guns, they're just not. Feinstein seems to be referring specifically to assault rifles in your video and what she would like to do and what she's attempting to do are completely different subjects. Nobody is calling for an outright ban of all guns. and nobody is proposing legislation to come take all your guns from you.
Of course not, we have the 2nd Amendment. Not to mention the logistical impossibility and dire consequences of attempting to confiscate every gun in America. Doesn't change the fact that this senior Senator would have confiscated millions of legally purchased guns from Americans if she could have. Her current proposal outlaws the purchase and transfer of anything with a magazine. Existing owners get grandfathered in, but registration becomes as difficult as current ownership of a silencer and permission from local law enforcement is needed for each and every one. This also makes gun collections worthless.
Reply With Quote
2shameless is offline
#17
Old 01-28-2013, 02:03 PM
A.K.A
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 930
Rep Power: 0 A.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,010,000,015,736.77
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,010,000,015,736.77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2shameless View Post
Of course not, we have the 2nd Amendment. Not to mention the logistical impossibility and dire consequences of attempting to confiscate every gun in America. Doesn't change the fact that this senior Senator would have confiscated millions of legally purchased guns from Americans if she could have. Her current proposal outlaws the purchase and transfer of anything with a magazine. Existing owners get grandfathered in, but registration becomes as difficult as current ownership of a silencer and permission from local law enforcement is needed for each and every one. This also makes gun collections worthless.
So what's the problem? I honestly don't understand, there have been restrictions on what weapons were legally available forever. Why the outrage from everyone now? She said she would have but didn't even attempt it, forgive me for not taking what politicians say at face value. Shouldn't gun ownership be difficult? These are weapons designed for killing, they're not harmless they should only be in the hands of responsible adults. I also seriously doubt any dire consequences would arise, people would give up there guns peacefully and then go to facebook with their feelings.
Reply With Quote
A.K.A is offline
#18
Old 01-28-2013, 02:17 PM
2shameless
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 568
Rep Power: 5 2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,334.49
Bank: 14,982,905,543,387.36
Total Points: 14,982,905,553,721.85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K.A View Post
So what's the problem? I honestly don't understand, there have been restrictions on what weapons were legally available forever. Why the outrage from everyone now? She said she would have but didn't even attempt it, forgive me for not taking what politicians say at face value. Shouldn't gun ownership be difficult? These are weapons designed for killing, they're not harmless they should only be in the hands of responsible adults.
The problem comes when people like New York governor Cuomo sign into law legislation that outlaws weapons that are over a century old like this one



because, as he says "no one needs 10 bullets to shoot a deer!" (most M1911s have 8 round clips.)

Quote:
I also seriously doubt any dire consequences would arise, people would give up there guns peacefully
I don't think you seriously believe that 70 odd million Americans would willingly give up firearms, that they paid good money for and rely on to protect themselves and their families, without consequences.

Quote:
and then go to facebook with their feelings.
Only children, pedophiles and social illiterates still use Facebook, though I'm guessing you'll get a good laugh out of that line.

Last edited by 2shameless; 01-28-2013 at 02:28 PM..
Reply With Quote
2shameless is offline
#19
Old 01-28-2013, 02:27 PM
A.K.A
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 930
Rep Power: 0 A.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,010,000,015,736.77
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,010,000,015,736.77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2shameless View Post
The problem comes when people like New York governor Cuomo sign into law legislation that outlaws weapons that are over a century old like this one



because, as he says "no one needs 10 bullets to shoot a deer!"



I don't think you seriously believe that 70 odd million Americans would willingly give up firearms, that they paid good money for and rely on to protect themselves and their families, without consequences.



Only children and clowns still use Facebook.
What purpose does a large capacity magazine provide? Unless you're Tony Montana I don't see what the outrage is over exactly. 7 bullets can take out seven targets, if you can't hit your attackers with 7 bullets that's your own fault and if there are more than 7 armed intruders you're fcked anyway. I just don't see what the outrage is over. What would you do if a police officer showed up right now and demanded your guns? You'd run to your safe and initiate a shootout? Not a chance, maybe a minute fraction would but they're the ones who wouldn't pass the mental qualifications for gun ownership anyway. I've never used facebook, I used it to symbolize all people who remain silent and then get tough once their computer boots.
Reply With Quote
A.K.A is offline
#20
Old 01-28-2013, 02:37 PM
2shameless
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 568
Rep Power: 5 2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute2shameless has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,334.49
Bank: 14,982,905,543,387.36
Total Points: 14,982,905,553,721.85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K.A View Post
What purpose does a large capacity magazine provide? Unless you're Tony Montana I don't see what the outrage is over exactly. 7 bullets can take out seven targets, if you can't hit your attackers with 7 bullets that's your own fault and if there are more than 7 armed intruders you're fcked anyway. I just don't see what the outrage is over. What would you do if a police officer showed up right now and demanded your guns? You'd run to your safe and initiate a shootout? Not a chance, maybe a minute fraction would but they're the ones who wouldn't pass the mental qualifications for gun ownership anyway. I've never used facebook, I used it to symbolize all people who remain silent and then get tough once their computer boots.
That's a pretty decent argument, I suppose. Anyone who wouldn't willingly spread their cheeks and give up their constitutional rights, personal property and ability to defend themselves, their family and their property while they wait patiently for 911 to respond, doesn't deserve to have a firearm. Of course right now the federal gov doesn't have a complete list of everyone's firearms, so they would either have to do an illegal search and seizure or take my word for it. I'm hoping for the latter if they ever decided to get that oppressive.

Forgive me if I don't address the absurdity of the average person disabling 7 attackers with 7 bullets in the middle of the night, especially say a small woman who can't handle the recoil of more than a .22 or .25.

Last edited by 2shameless; 01-28-2013 at 02:44 PM..
Reply With Quote
2shameless is offline
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
control, king, stephen, weighs

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Fight Videos - Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright © 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:48 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.