No announcement yet.

Matthysse 163 lbs tonight!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by el*** View Post
    He was 164, Floyd was 150. Its on the HBO version. The fight was only watched by millions who seen the fight night weights, dont know what you are whining about.
    THat you're a complete moron. Ortiz was massive in the Floyd fight for a welterweight, way bigger then Floyd. Open your eyes buddy

Comment

• the sad pat is ppl actually believe that nonsense that by looking at someone u get an accurate description of their weight. lol, its ludicrous. muscle weight, fat weight, bone structure, water weight. all invisible. theres no way to accurately jude how much a person weighs by looking at them just because 2 ppl look close in size doesnt mean they are. there are numerous invisible factors at play when it comes to weight. if mathysse was 163, then so what? stop making excuses. mebbe he shouldnt be fighting at 140, but sooner or later it'll catch up to him.

Comment

• why is everyone saying he didnt look bigger i think he looked alot bigger

Comment

• He most likely had clothes on, if he weighed just over 150 in his previous fights he's not going to blow up to 163 all of a sudden.

If he was struggling to make weight he wouldn't have come in at 138 in the official weigh in either.

Comment

• Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
            Yea yea keep talking out yo ass.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
            Those fights are on youtube for your viewing pleasure. Show me where Gamboa doesn't tire late and I'll concede. You can't.

Comment

I just watched the fight. How can somebody say Matthysse was 163 while saying Dallas Jr was 150ish? This needs to be further investigated. These 2 looked virtually the same size with Dallas Jr probably having an inch on Matthysse.

Not unbelievable at all. I step on the scale at 186 and people don't believe it, I look like I'm 150, tops.

For arguments sake - I'm 5'10, 179 here. Look MUCH lighter. This is out of shape.

and here I am after cutting to 154. I actually look larger.

Weight proportion is a mother..... I train to change proportions constantly. I look bigger lighter than I do when I'm heavier. Today I am 182, coming down from 186 to make 154 again. And I'm already increasing in size while losing weight. Anyone familiar with cutting and gaining will know, the bigger man doesn't always look bigger.

Now, because I injured my leg last year and began weight training I will admit I look closer to my weight now, since I've packed on lots of muscle. But, everyone holds their weight differently. I guess that's the point I'm getting at.

Again, here I am at 167. MUCH larger than my picture at 179.
              Last edited by intoccabile; 01-27-2013, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• Matthysse weighed the same as this guy who is 2 inches taller... Lol.. Right....

Comment

• guys....stop this none sense. facts are facts, Matthysse was indeed 163.

it wasn't because of clothes or typos or anything like that. he was just bigger this time around.

and you will never be able to determine matthysse's weight by looking at him. some people have bodies that look the same even when their 20 pounds heavier. & some people have bodies that gain 5 pounds & they look chubby. you can never tell anything based on the "look at him!" test. thats not how human biology works and most people in that field would cry laughing at that argument.

the only facts that we know is that he was indeed 163 for this fight. which is crazy.......the good news is he could EASILY (without any effort) move up to 147 and fight madiana.
                  Last edited by Godsfly; 01-27-2013, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
                    guys....stop this none sense. facts are facts, Matthysse was indeed 163.

it wasn't because of clothes or typos or anything like that. he was just bigger this time around.

and you will never be able to determine matthysse's weight by looking at him. some people have bodies that look around the same even when their 20 pounds heavier.

the only facts that we know is that he was indeed 163 for this fight. which is crazy.......the good news is he could EASILY (without any effort) move up to 147 and fight madiana.
                    Weight is only half the story. Sure, he can make the cut and bring the size with him effectively, but thats 7lbs of extra power missing from his frame. Maidana campaigning there is adjusting and putting on the proper weight now - that's why weight classes are just that.. weight class.

Josesito Lopez got as high as 185lbs between fights. He was heavier than Canelo at the 30 day weigh in AND the night of the fight, he's a 140lbs fighter fighting at 154 that night.

Just because he holds the weight doesn't mean he can comfortably move up. He's still not as physically 'strong' as the 147lbs fighters yet, he should get a tune up there first, a camp or 2 at the weight would make a world of difference. Remember how pudgy maidana looked against Alexander his first fight at 147? Now he's solid.

Comment

I just watched the fight. How can somebody say Matthysse was 163 while saying Dallas Jr was 150ish? This needs to be further investigated. These 2 looked virtually the same size with Dallas Jr probably having an inch on Matthysse.

i thought dallas looked like a skinny pole in there with lucas lol

even if you want to do the "looks test" dallas body looked like a pole. look at his legs...........
                      Last edited by Godsfly; 01-27-2013, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X