Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 01-28-2013, 04:55 PM
Ray Corso
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 Ray Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 11,000,063,814.44
Listen to Ray, he knows boxing - valero Knowledgable poster - Weltz Knowledgeable - Beercules invaluable to the training forum - jas 

Mikes early bouts were against ordinary skilled fighters who all came to fight but were in there to offer Mike a means to learn how to win. That said Mike at 15 yrs to 20 yrs would beat any heavy at that time! Tyson weighing 195 to 210 was the fastest heavy and best puncher in the division at that time. His style was taught by Cus D'Amato and mike opertated out of that style perfectly when he was a young man. That style however is extremely difficult to maintain as you get more mature and add weight and loose flexability!
The square comes from stepping up with the back leg to be able to hook with both hands. One of Mikes best one hand combos was a short right, right uppercut and then a right hook to the body! He could do that with both hands and your right hand is at disadvantage if your feet (right) is in the traditional spot.
As mentioned Mike lost alot of his style as he got older and consequently began standing up straight, his original team had either passed away or were replaced by a new promotor and Mike!
If you watch the early bouts (first 20) you will see what fans were so excited about and how Tysons legend was built! I know this because I was there alot!
Ray.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-28-2013, 07:24 PM
CarlosG815
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 CarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond reputeCarlosG815 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,208,198,839,967.19
Total Points: 2,208,696,897,084.51
Have a beer. - Barnburner Have some. - Hara No Message - JAB5239 

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeamulekick View Post
lol u went into gr8 detail about the tucker, tillis and thomas fights, dont lie u seen em all.
On the contrary, it's clear from his nonsense on these forums that he has indeed not seen much Tyson and knows nothing about him.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:27 PM
jabsRstiff
! ! ! !

Rep Power: 4032 jabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 123,155,625,418.64
Total Points: 123,155,634,662.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBleeder View Post
Great detail? I've seen those fights once... I've seen the Holmes fight, his fights with Razor Ruddock, and the first Holyfield fight. Will get around to watching the Douglas fight one of these days, but have way too many good fights ahead of that to watch.
You haven't watched Douglas-Tyson yet? Not at all? Kinda unbelievable.

You shouldn't even be discusing boxing history if you've never seen that one!
Old 01-29-2013, 10:26 AM
SBleeder
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 19 SBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,005,300,574.97
for being a heavyweight in history section - led wipe your dirty mouth - -Ironmike- I heard you like men - -Ironmike- The &amp;quot;I hate Tyson&amp;quot; award of the year - -Ironmike- Good posts. - Barnburner 
No Message - -jose- you suck dick, i will kick you. - Weltschmerz training for your debut to suck dick,! - Weltschmerz 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabsRstiff View Post
You haven't watched Douglas-Tyson yet? Not at all? Kinda unbelievable.

You shouldn't even be discusing boxing history if you've never seen that one!
Started watching it last night and realized that I have indeed seen it before, so I only watched the first couple rounds last night. Very uncompetitive fight if I recall.

The heavyweight division bores the crap out of me, especially anything post-Holmes. There are too many great fights at the lower weight classes for me to spend time watching the big men.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:33 AM
jabsRstiff
! ! ! !

Rep Power: 4032 jabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 123,155,625,418.64
Total Points: 123,155,634,662.56

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBleeder View Post
Started watching it last night and realized that I have indeed seen it before, so I only watched the first couple rounds last night. Very uncompetitive fight if I recall.

The heavyweight division bores the crap out of me, especially anything post-Holmes. There are too many great fights at the lower weight classes for me to spend time watching the big men.

I think it was beautiful to see a 6'4", 231lb dude boxing like that.