Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 01-27-2013, 04:26 AM
LacedUp
IBF World Champion

Rep Power: 33 LacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,138,306,164,917.57
Total Points: 11,659,613,993,605,192.00
A glass of the finest French wine - QuebecSTAR2 Thank u sir. - Trudoe Thanks for the help - mathed Thanks for the help - mathed For shitting all over Weltz's B1tch T1Ts - Col. Hans Landa 
This should come in handy when sheltering from the shower of shite that is Rammstein's posts. - Finn 

Quote:
Originally Posted by techliam View Post
Okay well a few points.

Mayweather has never fought outside the US, even before his rise to fame. Do you consider him to be a true champion?

To even consider calling Ward not a true champion, you need to bring up some serious allegations. Saying he hasn't travelled, therefore isn't a champion is not a proper argument. He beat the best there was, in fact, he severely outclassed the best out there.

I see your location is Denmark, so your credibility is questionable from the very start.

As for the Kessler-Ward fight, he was getting outclassed despite the head clashes. 99% of people accept that Ward clearly outclassed Kessler. Are you going to suggest that Ward only won because of head clashes? He would have lost to Kessler? Well if you can back that up with anything, please do, as me, and most of people, saw Kessler struggling against a slick, skilled opponent.

A DQ? They were called as accidental head clashes. It's common practice to deduct points twice, then a third time a DQ. A disqualification is severe, and that fight was not severe whatsoever. I'm afraid you just feel robbed that your fighter lost and seem to blame it on everything apart from Ward's skill.

Ward should travel around a bit more, sure. But he can stay in the US like a lot of big boxing stars do. As for the money argument, it's his decision. Froch and Kessler need Ward way more than Ward needs them. Ward is at the top of the division, by a country mile.

As for Kessler, he really needs to focus on the 2nd best fighter in the division. His win over Froch was not a solid win, as it could have gone either way with no questions asked.
Well to begin with, i wouldnt compare an ATG to André Ward. Who knows - he might be that one day, but not yet. The DQ wasn't referring to the headbutting but the clinching. Even all the people at ringside talked about it. 88 times initiated holding - that's a DQ. 30 times gets you a point deduction. And no, in no way am I suggesting Kessler would have won but at least he would get a fair crack at the whip. My location has nothing to do with that, I have posted about this fight before I even moved to Denmark in 2010. And I can go back and prove it if you want me to. Basically, all the true champions have travelled every once in a while and he's in an international division where the best are from Europe (other than himself). They came to his country and gave him an opportunity - why shouldn't he do the same? Give me one good reason.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-27-2013, 05:27 AM
CraigM
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 CraigM has a reputation beyond reputeCraigM has a reputation beyond reputeCraigM has a reputation beyond reputeCraigM has a reputation beyond reputeCraigM has a reputation beyond reputeCraigM has a reputation beyond reputeCraigM has a reputation beyond reputeCraigM has a reputation beyond reputeCraigM has a reputation beyond reputeCraigM has a reputation beyond reputeCraigM has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 61,039,870,018,952.94
Total Points: 61,039,870,021,312.59
Ali Raymi, weapon of mass destruction - valero Good man - Scott.Weiland. Froch will be slipping on banana peels against Saint George! - valero 

Who cares what Ward thinks... its purely jealousy hes never gonna have a fight as big as froch kessler 2 because he is an egotistical boring bastard

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
Old 01-27-2013, 05:53 AM
Someone88
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 Someone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,051,561.04
you're an excellent poster - Freedom. Cheers from a fellow Klitschko supporter - Weltschmerz War Canelo - Red Cyclone 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddangerous View Post
Love Ward, but what does he expect? They're opponents, they're not supposed to pick him flowers and write him sonnets.
Ward is a better fighter than them and is respectful.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:35 AM
GRUSTLER
Undisputed champion

Rep Power: 0 GRUSTLER is infamous around these partsGRUSTLER is infamous around these partsGRUSTLER is infamous around these partsGRUSTLER is infamous around these partsGRUSTLER is infamous around these partsGRUSTLER is infamous around these partsGRUSTLER is infamous around these partsGRUSTLER is infamous around these partsGRUSTLER is infamous around these partsGRUSTLER is infamous around these partsGRUSTLER is infamous around these parts
Bank: 345,071,143,068,685.44
Total Points: 645,071,143,070,450.25
One of boxingscenes best - ~BoZz~ Congrats on 11K solid KO's.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Here's some tissue to wipe ur ass with..lol..PRPP - PRPOWERPUNCHES Here's some tissue to wipe ur ass with..lol..PRPP - PRPOWERPUNCHES 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bearman3000 

Quote:
Originally Posted by techliam View Post
Okay well a few points.

Mayweather has never fought outside the US, even before his rise to fame. Do you consider him to be a true champion?

To even consider calling Ward not a true champion, you need to bring up some serious allegations. Saying he hasn't travelled, therefore isn't a champion is not a proper argument. He beat the best there was, in fact, he severely outclassed the best out there.

I see your location is Denmark, so your credibility is questionable from the very start.

As for the Kessler-Ward fight, he was getting outclassed despite the head clashes. 99% of people accept that Ward clearly outclassed Kessler. Are you going to suggest that Ward only won because of head clashes? He would have lost to Kessler? Well if you can back that up with anything, please do, as me, and most of people, saw Kessler struggling against a slick, skilled opponent.

A DQ? They were called as accidental head clashes. It's common practice to deduct points twice, then a third time a DQ. A disqualification is severe, and that fight was not severe whatsoever. I'm afraid you just feel robbed that your fighter lost and seem to blame it on everything apart from Ward's skill.

Ward should travel around a bit more, sure. But he can stay in the US like a lot of big boxing stars do. As for the money argument, it's his decision. Froch and Kessler need Ward way more than Ward needs them. Ward is at the top of the division, by a country mile.

As for Kessler, he really needs to focus on the 2nd best fighter in the division. His win over Froch was not a solid win, as it could have gone either way with no questions asked.
Who is that in your sig giving Canelo the business?
Old 01-27-2013, 06:38 AM
Ray*
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR

Rep Power: 59 Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 315,799,723,041,404.75
Total Points: 315,799,723,145,688.19
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 

Ward should stay busy and am sure the Kessler-Froch winner would probably be an option for him when Bute or Adonis are out of the way.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:53 AM
Japanese Boxing
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 5 Japanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond reputeJapanese Boxing has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 945,030,468.18
deliciousness - tongue me Thanks!!! - DempseyRollin well deserved - HaglerSteelChin 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - tongue me 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsfd26 View Post
And nobody respects you Ward. Not after rejecting a catchweight vs Dawson and then talking about moving up. At least Froch and Kessler travel to fight.

Uh... I respect the hell out of him because he's that freaking good.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:59 AM
ElBossHogg™
Banned

Rep Power: 0 ElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 42,254,182,116.66
Total Points: 42,254,210,356.97
have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier No Message - ElBossHogg boss poster - I'm so sorry gif maker king - HUGH JASS For the amazing sig work. - Garcia's Dad 
For the GIF! - komodo Have 1 more. - komodo ....and another. - komodo welcome back - bigsmoothh Good to see  you back vato - hectari 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - komodo Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - bigsmoothh 

this is for you ward
Old 01-27-2013, 07:21 AM
Mato o Muero
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Mato o Muero is infamous around these partsMato o Muero is infamous around these partsMato o Muero is infamous around these partsMato o Muero is infamous around these partsMato o Muero is infamous around these partsMato o Muero is infamous around these partsMato o Muero is infamous around these partsMato o Muero is infamous around these partsMato o Muero is infamous around these partsMato o Muero is infamous around these partsMato o Muero is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 24,621.99

You shouldn't have had respect for them in the first place.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:00 PM
stretchedout
Banned

Total Points: 12,839.21
banned alt - I'm so sorry 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post

this is for you ward
And this is for you.....

Ward is the truth, and he will dominate 168 and 175 for YEARS to come.

So your decision to hate on him, fills me with amusement.

Your tears and wailing, will warm my heart over the following years.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:11 PM
IMDAZED
You'll resort to race

Rep Power: 88 IMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 104,107,450,831,903.41
Total Points: 106,110,616,320,212.64
for knowing your stuff! - natas206 thanks for the info. - TRUTH For that homerun of a post, bud. - Sweet Pea 50 An apple for one of BoxingScene's most knowledgeable posters - danc1984 BOOM - Fiend 
Excellent poster - ADDICT MOH. For continously educating NSB. - BattlingNelson been a while mate! - Tamis_Siensya No Message - WESS 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
Who cares what Ward thinks... its purely jealousy hes never gonna have a fight as big as froch kessler 2 because he is an egotistical boring bastard

A fight as big as Froch-Kessler II? They're getting $2m each, calm down.