Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Reply
Thread Navigation

#101
Old 01-27-2013, 04:26 AM
LacedUp
Still Smokin'
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 16,170
Rep Power: 53 LacedUp has a reputation beyond repute LacedUp has a reputation beyond repute LacedUp has a reputation beyond repute LacedUp has a reputation beyond repute LacedUp has a reputation beyond repute LacedUp has a reputation beyond repute LacedUp has a reputation beyond repute LacedUp has a reputation beyond repute LacedUp has a reputation beyond repute LacedUp has a reputation beyond repute LacedUp has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 12,974,490,861,522,142.00
Bank: 21,342,368,383,048,896.00
Total Points: 34,316,859,244,571,040.00
A glass of the finest French wine - QuebecSTAR2  Thank u sir. - Trudoe  Thanks for the help - mathed  Thanks for the help - mathed  For shitting all over Weltz's B1tch T1Ts - Col. Hans Landa 
This should come in handy when sheltering from the shower of shite that is Rammstein's posts. - Finn  No Message - Scott-Weiland  No Message - -jose-  Happy New Year m8 - HughJass 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Weltschmerz- 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by techliam View Post
Okay well a few points.

Mayweather has never fought outside the US, even before his rise to fame. Do you consider him to be a true champion?

To even consider calling Ward not a true champion, you need to bring up some serious allegations. Saying he hasn't travelled, therefore isn't a champion is not a proper argument. He beat the best there was, in fact, he severely outclassed the best out there.

I see your location is Denmark, so your credibility is questionable from the very start.

As for the Kessler-Ward fight, he was getting outclassed despite the head clashes. 99% of people accept that Ward clearly outclassed Kessler. Are you going to suggest that Ward only won because of head clashes? He would have lost to Kessler? Well if you can back that up with anything, please do, as me, and most of people, saw Kessler struggling against a slick, skilled opponent.

A DQ? They were called as accidental head clashes. It's common practice to deduct points twice, then a third time a DQ. A disqualification is severe, and that fight was not severe whatsoever. I'm afraid you just feel robbed that your fighter lost and seem to blame it on everything apart from Ward's skill.

Ward should travel around a bit more, sure. But he can stay in the US like a lot of big boxing stars do. As for the money argument, it's his decision. Froch and Kessler need Ward way more than Ward needs them. Ward is at the top of the division, by a country mile.

As for Kessler, he really needs to focus on the 2nd best fighter in the division. His win over Froch was not a solid win, as it could have gone either way with no questions asked.
Well to begin with, i wouldnt compare an ATG to André Ward. Who knows - he might be that one day, but not yet. The DQ wasn't referring to the headbutting but the clinching. Even all the people at ringside talked about it. 88 times initiated holding - that's a DQ. 30 times gets you a point deduction. And no, in no way am I suggesting Kessler would have won but at least he would get a fair crack at the whip. My location has nothing to do with that, I have posted about this fight before I even moved to Denmark in 2010. And I can go back and prove it if you want me to. Basically, all the true champions have travelled every once in a while and he's in an international division where the best are from Europe (other than himself). They came to his country and gave him an opportunity - why shouldn't he do the same? Give me one good reason.
Reply With Quote
LacedUp is offline
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
#102
Old 01-27-2013, 05:27 AM
CraigM
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Age: 31
Posts: 1,976
Rep Power: 11 CraigM has a reputation beyond repute CraigM has a reputation beyond repute CraigM has a reputation beyond repute CraigM has a reputation beyond repute CraigM has a reputation beyond repute CraigM has a reputation beyond repute CraigM has a reputation beyond repute CraigM has a reputation beyond repute CraigM has a reputation beyond repute CraigM has a reputation beyond repute CraigM has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 236.86
Bank: 3,895,993,256,261,930.00
Total Points: 3,895,993,256,262,167.50
Ali Raymi, weapon of mass destruction - valero  Good man - Scott.Weiland.  Froch will be slipping on banana peels against Saint George! - valero 
Default

Who cares what Ward thinks... its purely jealousy hes never gonna have a fight as big as froch kessler 2 because he is an egotistical boring bastard


Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
Reply With Quote
CraigM is offline
#103
Old 01-27-2013, 05:53 AM
Someone88
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,434
Rep Power: 10 Someone88 has a reputation beyond repute Someone88 has a reputation beyond repute Someone88 has a reputation beyond repute Someone88 has a reputation beyond repute Someone88 has a reputation beyond repute Someone88 has a reputation beyond repute Someone88 has a reputation beyond repute Someone88 has a reputation beyond repute Someone88 has a reputation beyond repute Someone88 has a reputation beyond repute Someone88 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,056,101.71
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,056,101.71
you're an excellent poster - Freedom.  Cheers from a fellow Klitschko supporter - Weltschmerz  War Canelo - Red Cyclone 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddangerous View Post
Love Ward, but what does he expect? They're opponents, they're not supposed to pick him flowers and write him sonnets.
Ward is a better fighter than them and is respectful.
Reply With Quote
Someone88 is offline
#104
Old 01-27-2013, 06:35 AM
GRUSTLER
Undisputed champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 14,100
Rep Power: 35 GRUSTLER has a reputation beyond repute GRUSTLER has a reputation beyond repute GRUSTLER has a reputation beyond repute GRUSTLER has a reputation beyond repute GRUSTLER has a reputation beyond repute GRUSTLER has a reputation beyond repute GRUSTLER has a reputation beyond repute GRUSTLER has a reputation beyond repute GRUSTLER has a reputation beyond repute GRUSTLER has a reputation beyond repute GRUSTLER has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 300,000,000,026,657.81
Bank: 4,711,197,545,612,818.00
Total Points: 5,011,197,545,639,476.00
One of boxingscenes best - ~BoZz~  Congrats on 11K solid KO's.. - !! AI-Holmes!!  Here's some tissue to wipe ur ass with..lol..PRPP - PRPOWERPUNCHES  Here's some tissue to wipe ur ass with..lol..PRPP - PRPOWERPUNCHES 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - bearman3000 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by techliam View Post
Okay well a few points.

Mayweather has never fought outside the US, even before his rise to fame. Do you consider him to be a true champion?

To even consider calling Ward not a true champion, you need to bring up some serious allegations. Saying he hasn't travelled, therefore isn't a champion is not a proper argument. He beat the best there was, in fact, he severely outclassed the best out there.

I see your location is Denmark, so your credibility is questionable from the very start.

As for the Kessler-Ward fight, he was getting outclassed despite the head clashes. 99% of people accept that Ward clearly outclassed Kessler. Are you going to suggest that Ward only won because of head clashes? He would have lost to Kessler? Well if you can back that up with anything, please do, as me, and most of people, saw Kessler struggling against a slick, skilled opponent.

A DQ? They were called as accidental head clashes. It's common practice to deduct points twice, then a third time a DQ. A disqualification is severe, and that fight was not severe whatsoever. I'm afraid you just feel robbed that your fighter lost and seem to blame it on everything apart from Ward's skill.

Ward should travel around a bit more, sure. But he can stay in the US like a lot of big boxing stars do. As for the money argument, it's his decision. Froch and Kessler need Ward way more than Ward needs them. Ward is at the top of the division, by a country mile.

As for Kessler, he really needs to focus on the 2nd best fighter in the division. His win over Froch was not a solid win, as it could have gone either way with no questions asked.
Who is that in your sig giving Canelo the business?
Reply With Quote
GRUSTLER is offline
#105
Old 01-27-2013, 06:38 AM
Ray*
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London,England
Age: 36
Posts: 24,437
Rep Power: 62 Ray* has a reputation beyond repute Ray* has a reputation beyond repute Ray* has a reputation beyond repute Ray* has a reputation beyond repute Ray* has a reputation beyond repute Ray* has a reputation beyond repute Ray* has a reputation beyond repute Ray* has a reputation beyond repute Ray* has a reputation beyond repute Ray* has a reputation beyond repute Ray* has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 135,724.70
Bank: 3,905,112,509,160,791.50
Total Points: 3,905,112,509,296,516.00
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson  an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black  Cool cat, good poster - mangler  Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i  Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya  Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom.  have a slice - sugarsmosley 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink  Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i  Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i  Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i  Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 
Default

Ward should stay busy and am sure the Kessler-Froch winner would probably be an option for him when Bute or Adonis are out of the way.
Reply With Quote
Ray* is offline
#106
Old 01-27-2013, 06:53 AM
Japanese Boxing
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,244
Rep Power: 6 Japanese Boxing has a reputation beyond repute Japanese Boxing has a reputation beyond repute Japanese Boxing has a reputation beyond repute Japanese Boxing has a reputation beyond repute Japanese Boxing has a reputation beyond repute Japanese Boxing has a reputation beyond repute Japanese Boxing has a reputation beyond repute Japanese Boxing has a reputation beyond repute Japanese Boxing has a reputation beyond repute Japanese Boxing has a reputation beyond repute Japanese Boxing has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 945,033,757.99
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 945,033,757.99
deliciousness - tongue me  Thanks!!! - DempseyRollin  well deserved - HaglerSteelChin 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - tongue me 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsfd26 View Post
And nobody respects you Ward. Not after rejecting a catchweight vs Dawson and then talking about moving up. At least Froch and Kessler travel to fight.


Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
Uh... I respect the hell out of him because he's that freaking good.
Reply With Quote
Japanese Boxing is offline
#107
Old 01-27-2013, 06:59 AM
ElBossHogg™
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 5,009
Rep Power: 0 ElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond repute ElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond repute ElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond repute ElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond repute ElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond repute ElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond repute ElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond repute ElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond repute ElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond repute ElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond repute ElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 64,334.31
Bank: 42,254,182,116.66
Total Points: 42,254,246,450.97
have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier  No Message - ElBossHogg  boss poster - I'm so sorry  gif maker king - HUGH JASS  For the amazing sig work. - Garcia's Dad 
For the GIF! - komodo  Have 1 more. - komodo  ....and another. - komodo  welcome back - bigsmoothh  Good to see  you back vato - hectari 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - komodo  Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - bigsmoothh 
Default



this is for you ward
Reply With Quote
ElBossHogg™ is offline
#108
Old 01-27-2013, 07:21 AM
Mato o Muero
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 754
Rep Power: 0 Mato o Muero is infamous around these parts Mato o Muero is infamous around these parts Mato o Muero is infamous around these parts Mato o Muero is infamous around these parts Mato o Muero is infamous around these parts Mato o Muero is infamous around these parts Mato o Muero is infamous around these parts Mato o Muero is infamous around these parts Mato o Muero is infamous around these parts Mato o Muero is infamous around these parts Mato o Muero is infamous around these parts
Points: 26,132.99
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 26,132.99
Default

You shouldn't have had respect for them in the first place.
Reply With Quote
Mato o Muero is offline
#109
Old 01-28-2013, 04:00 PM
stretchedout
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 599
Rep Power: 0 stretchedout is on a distinguished road
Points: 12,894.21
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 12,894.21
banned alt - I'm so sorry 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post


this is for you ward
And this is for you.....



Ward is the truth, and he will dominate 168 and 175 for YEARS to come.

So your decision to hate on him, fills me with amusement.

Your tears and wailing, will warm my heart over the following years.
Reply With Quote
stretchedout is offline
#110
Old 01-28-2013, 04:11 PM
IMDAZED
Fair but Firm
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 35,510
Rep Power: 99 IMDAZED has a reputation beyond repute IMDAZED has a reputation beyond repute IMDAZED has a reputation beyond repute IMDAZED has a reputation beyond repute IMDAZED has a reputation beyond repute IMDAZED has a reputation beyond repute IMDAZED has a reputation beyond repute IMDAZED has a reputation beyond repute IMDAZED has a reputation beyond repute IMDAZED has a reputation beyond repute IMDAZED has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,000,002,002,065,584,768.00
Bank: 1,632,697,348,317,761.50
Total Points: 1,001,634,699,413,902,592.00
for knowing your stuff! - natas206  thanks for the info. - TRUTH  For that homerun of a post, bud. - Sweet Pea 50  An apple for one of BoxingScene's most knowledgeable posters - danc1984  BOOM - Fiend 
Excellent poster - ADDICT  MOH. For continously educating NSB. - BattlingNelson  been a while mate! - Tamis_Siensya  No Message - WESS  To a poster I have a lot of respect for. Cheers, bud. - Mike D 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
Who cares what Ward thinks... its purely jealousy hes never gonna have a fight as big as froch kessler 2 because he is an egotistical boring bastard


Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
A fight as big as Froch-Kessler II? They're getting $2m each, calm down.
Reply With Quote
IMDAZED is online now
Reply

Share This With Friends

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright © 2003-2014 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:14 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.