Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 01-23-2013, 11:16 AM
Mneronava
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 0 Mneronava has a spectacular aura aboutMneronava has a spectacular aura aboutMneronava has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,564.58

I was raised in a family of Martial Artists. One of my first memories is boxing my dad and hitting the mitts. My uncle was a pro and was always training fighters, so we (my cousins and I) would always be training, messing around with pros right beside us. I never did anything formal. It's always been something I learned and practiced for fun. I wish I would have taken it more seriously as a kid-and seen how good I am.

For the most part my family members and I have beat the crap out of one another all our lives-in a seasoned, tactical, and sporting manner.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-23-2013, 11:18 AM
Luilun
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 Luilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond reputeLuilun has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,000,120,124.47

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke1979 View Post
There is no prerequisite to being a fan of boxing. You do not need to have boxed or even been inside the squared circle to enjoy or have an opinion about the sport.

I think it would be interesting to hear about your stories and exploits inside the ring and how they have given you a perspective as a fan.

So all boxingscene commentors please share your experiences here.

For me personally I learnt over time and hardship an appreciation, admiration and respect for all boxers through my experiences. I have been boxing and training since I was 8 years old.

I do and will always love the sport.

Watching pad work with James Degale was my pitiful highlight. It was just after he won gold at the Olympics and it was an eye opener. Seeing his fluidity and power first hand was remarkable and at the times a little scary.

I will never be and could never have been of any signifigance in real world and business of competitive boxing, nor will most who brave the hardest of sports. But I will always consider it a part of me and my life which is both positive and affirming.

Boxing has helped me and many others remain on the straight and narrow and away from the destructive and negative temptations that we all are faced with and sometimes vunerable to.

I know that many of you including me give various boxers a hard time for their performances and/or their choices of opponents but lets not lose sight of the fact that in this short life that we all have, what they do. And what they put on the line in the most literal sense, is more than most of us would risk even if we could... and thank them or at least appreciate them for their courage.

If watching boxing or doing boxing has helped you in any way, like it has for me, then I am honestly happy for you.

If you kindly took the the time to read this then I thankyou sincerely and invite you to please share your thoughts and experiences with and about the sport that we all love.

Thankyou Boxingscene and thankyou boxing.
Yea and for those clowns on this website who think I don't know anything. I had an 83 wins 7 loses as an amateur and I did train kids for 5 years. I also trained my son to a national title with only 50 fights and A Ringside title with only 20 fights and yes he beat many of these Prospects that are fighting at this moment. If you ask why he's not boxing ? He had the same surgery Andre Ward had Capsule tear which is a Labrum tear which was caused at the Golden Gloves in Nevada. These tears cause an unstable joint which causes a Dislocation. Titanium anchors are place to hold the joint . He dislocated sparing Joesph Diaz, so he had to give up the sport. This is why I'm wondering how Ward will do after this injury
Old 01-23-2013, 11:53 AM
PAC-BOY
#1 Floyd Hater

Rep Power: 318 PAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond reputePAC-BOY has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,624,186,069,210,287,104.00
Total Points: 1,624,186,069,260,358,144.00
No Message - MR ITALIAN No Message - sickwitit No Message - BOSSHOGG No Message - PAC-BOY No Message - miamijohn 
No Message - PAC-BOY No Message - miamijohn No Message - sickwitit No Message - MR ITALIAN No Message - PAC-BOY 
No Message - miamijohn No Message - PAC-BOY No Message - PAC-BOY No Message - PAC-BOY joining the club - MANIAC310 
Happy Birthday love :kiss: - Bossy 40,000!!!!!!!! - I'm so sorry Happy holidays bro! - led* Awesome sig - BulgariasFinest No Message - -jose- 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - sickwitit Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MR ITALIAN Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOSSHOGG Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - PAC-BOY Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Rubber Duck 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOSSHOGG Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MR ITALIAN Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - miamijohn Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - miamijohn Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOSSHOGG 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOSSHOGG Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOSSHOGG Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOSSHOGG Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Rubber Duck Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Rubber Duck 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MR ITALIAN Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOSSHOGG Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BOSSHOGG Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Sugar Freddi Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Gully Gad 

we have a ring and octagon in our gym. I was in the octagon last night helping out by sparring with of of the MMA fighters. We do that when someone needs work on striking and defense of striking. (just striking. No take downs or kicks)
Old 01-23-2013, 12:08 PM
The_Demon
Big dog

Rep Power: 39 The_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 62,890,421,382.91
Total Points: 93,978,275,349.27
cant grren k you my friend at the moment so i got you a gift instead - project xxx1 Thanks 4 your Vote G... - The Gully Gad thanks mate - Pension-Killer Thanks for knowing the movie mane - Natedatpkid I hope this beer will help,. I'm a nice guy - McGoorty 
#tmt - sugarsmosley 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - DuttyAlacrity Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - JM1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - JM1 Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Sir TomJones 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Sir TomJones Childhood Cancer - Sir TomJones Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 

Only when i was a kid i used to go to the local club

I admire and respect boxers greatly for what they do,and i would never call them 'cowards' or 'pussies'-i'm a true boxing fan

Last edited by The_Demon; 01-23-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:16 PM
I am tyler
Contender

Total Points: 7,971.89

Yeah, been boxing since I was 16. Not training hard enough and weight issues led to me taking ages having my first fight. First fight was awesome though. Lost a close and controversial decision. Many observers thought i had won. However it wasn't to be. Was meant to be fighting this week to, but illness over xmas and then twisting my knee meant i couldn't train.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:20 PM
Rockin'
SRR by Triangle Theory

Rep Power: 19451 Rockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 34,192,265,440,054.80
Total Points: 34,192,265,499,287.71
have a drink bud - peyk-peyk another one bud - peyk-peyk tnx 4 the green champ - BoZz Have a beer on me... - BulgariasFinest I have great respect for you as a poster - rorymac 
Much appreciated my friend - BulgariasFinest thanks champ, respect :) - calmdown you were a good opponent or whatever, now its over between you and me as rivals or fake rivals, whatever it was, lol, no more problems from me to you in my part - Tha_Greatest 10k. Keep postin'. - BattlingNelson Happy 10k darling! :kiss: - *Boss Lady* 
10k posts - ??? Happy birthday Rockin' - dan_cov happy birthday - TBear You are one of the best posters here. - I'm so sorry Great post on crime statistics. It's truly a disturbing trend. - thuggery 
for keepin it real in the training lounge , your the man rockin. - HUGH JASS For beating the stuffing out of master chef - lparm how do u give someone a good rep? cant figure it out - bigpauly To a fighting Man - Weltz One of the great posters - jas 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Talisayen AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Childhood Cancer - bigpauly World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

I've heard that there is boxing around in the city, never been a ring........ Rockin'
Old 01-23-2013, 12:22 PM
luke1979
Contender

Rep Power: 5 luke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 42,221.49

Hey guys

Thanks for all of your contributions so far. You know boxing for me, and for many of you, boxing is more than a sport and I've been happy to hear, as I hope you are, what you guys have to say. Thank you for sharing your experiences with the rest of us.

A part of you fights with the guy you support when you watch him go toe to toe, and that feeling, that passion, to a lesser or greater degree comes from an informed place. A place of empathy in just how tough it is to stand there for 12 rounds or an imagination of hard hard it is to stand there for 12 rounds.
Either way, real or imagined, it does spark a passion, even a care as to how your man will do. That is one of the many things that makes boxing great.

Long live boxing
Old 01-23-2013, 12:24 PM
ElBossHogg™
Banned

Rep Power: 0 ElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 42,254,182,116.66
Total Points: 42,254,222,327.97
have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier No Message - ElBossHogg boss poster - I'm so sorry gif maker king - HUGH JASS For the amazing sig work. - Garcia's Dad 
For the GIF! - komodo Have 1 more. - komodo ....and another. - komodo welcome back - bigsmoothh Good to see  you back vato - hectari 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - komodo Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - bigsmoothh 

yup was a amatuer boxer had every intentions of turning pro but aint worked out like I wanted. I still get into the ring and spar people train and such.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:28 PM
Rockin'
SRR by Triangle Theory

Rep Power: 19451 Rockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 34,192,265,440,054.80
Total Points: 34,192,265,499,287.71
have a drink bud - peyk-peyk another one bud - peyk-peyk tnx 4 the green champ - BoZz Have a beer on me... - BulgariasFinest I have great respect for you as a poster - rorymac 
Much appreciated my friend - BulgariasFinest thanks champ, respect :) - calmdown you were a good opponent or whatever, now its over between you and me as rivals or fake rivals, whatever it was, lol, no more problems from me to you in my part - Tha_Greatest 10k. Keep postin'. - BattlingNelson Happy 10k darling! :kiss: - *Boss Lady* 
10k posts - ??? Happy birthday Rockin' - dan_cov happy birthday - TBear You are one of the best posters here. - I'm so sorry Great post on crime statistics. It's truly a disturbing trend. - thuggery 
for keepin it real in the training lounge , your the man rockin. - HUGH JASS For beating the stuffing out of master chef - lparm how do u give someone a good rep? cant figure it out - bigpauly To a fighting Man - Weltz One of the great posters - jas 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Talisayen AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Childhood Cancer - bigpauly World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luilun View Post
Yea and for those clowns on this website who think I don't know anything. I had an 83 wins 7 loses as an amateur and I did train kids for 5 years. I also trained my son to a national title with only 50 fights and A Ringside title with only 20 fights and yes he beat many of these Prospects that are fighting at this moment. If you ask why he's not boxing ? He had the same surgery Andre Ward had Capsule tear which is a Labrum tear which was caused at the Golden Gloves in Nevada. These tears cause an unstable joint which causes a Dislocation. Titanium anchors are place to hold the joint . He dislocated sparing Joesph Diaz, so he had to give up the sport. This is why I'm wondering how Ward will do after this injury
actual experience means nothing on this site, you'd actually just be better off keeping everything to yourself. Having watched fights on television or deep in the crowd garners more perspective than you'll ever get from being in the ring yourself (or being a trainer) just sayin'...........Rockin'

Last edited by Rockin'; 01-23-2013 at 12:31 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:28 PM
luke1979
Contender

Rep Power: 5 luke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 42,221.49

Good for you. Alot of people wouldn't get the ring, but you did.