Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 01-21-2013, 08:42 PM
Rockin'
SRR by Triangle Theory

Rep Power: 19448 Rockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,893,487,260,347.87
Total Points: 5,958,397,292,608.72
add to you collection, bro! - Talisayen bottoms up - Talisayen have a drink bud - peyk-peyk another one bud - peyk-peyk tnx 4 the green champ - BoZz 
Have a beer on me... - BulgariasFinest I have great respect for you as a poster - rorymac Much appreciated my friend - BulgariasFinest thanks champ, respect :) - calmdown you were a good opponent or whatever, now its over between you and me as rivals or fake rivals, whatever it was, lol, no more problems from me to you in my part - Tha_Greatest 
10k. Keep postin'. - BattlingNelson Happy 10k darling! :kiss: - *Boss Lady* 10k posts - ??? Happy birthday Rockin' - dan_cov happy birthday - TBear 
You are one of the best posters here. - I'm so sorry Great post on crime statistics. It's truly a disturbing trend. - thuggery for keepin it real in the training lounge , your the man rockin. - HUGH JASS For beating the stuffing out of master chef - lparm how do u give someone a good rep? cant figure it out - bigpauly 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Talisayen AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Childhood Cancer - bigpauly World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

I always just tell the noobs that if you want to box with me I will work with you to help you learn. If you want to fight me than I will fight you back and you will get hurt. Never just be a punching bag for anybody, no matter what your coach tells you............Rockin'
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-21-2013, 09:19 PM
DIB42
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 DIB42 has a reputation beyond reputeDIB42 has a reputation beyond reputeDIB42 has a reputation beyond reputeDIB42 has a reputation beyond reputeDIB42 has a reputation beyond reputeDIB42 has a reputation beyond reputeDIB42 has a reputation beyond reputeDIB42 has a reputation beyond reputeDIB42 has a reputation beyond reputeDIB42 has a reputation beyond reputeDIB42 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 15,254,181,082.31
Total Points: 15,304,258,624.49

Before I spar someone who is new to the sport, I let them know that they set the intensity. I usually just say, "hey, we'll go as hard as you want to go."

Its tough when you're just starting out, you want to gain some respect, you want to show off all the cool stuff you and your bro's worked on in the garage... etc etc etc.

I just let them know if I have something I want to work on, or ask if they have something they want to work on.
if not, I just let them know that they set the intensity. If they're going at me 50% I'll give them 50%.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:24 AM
RVABoxer
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 RVABoxer has a reputation beyond reputeRVABoxer has a reputation beyond reputeRVABoxer has a reputation beyond reputeRVABoxer has a reputation beyond reputeRVABoxer has a reputation beyond reputeRVABoxer has a reputation beyond reputeRVABoxer has a reputation beyond reputeRVABoxer has a reputation beyond reputeRVABoxer has a reputation beyond reputeRVABoxer has a reputation beyond reputeRVABoxer has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,576,899.26
Total Points: 10,001,624,083.99
New green k thread pioneer - Trudoe 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Trudoe 

i would just move and keep my jab working make him follow you and tire him out which should happen if hes new and then teach him a lesson and just work him when hes tired. I've had this happen before its annoying as hell sparring someone who throws a lot but with no technique or game plan you just kinda gotta keep your guard up block the shots and wait till they get tired.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:44 AM
TheAuthority
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 7 TheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,106,988.60

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLaHoya1fan View Post
was put in the ring against a new kid who had horrible technique. The coach knew I was more experienced and told me to go light on him so I thought I'd just work on my defense. Then every time I landed a cross through his guard this guy would go full retard and wing haymakers. Afterwards his friend was telling him that he was winning.

How do you deal with over zealous noobs in sparring? should I match his intensity and go in for the kill?
Your coach has asked you to go light and trusts you not to damage the new kids confidence - so bear that in mind. Also bear in mind that this kid is probably very nervous and as a result has difficulty controlling himself (fight or flight).
Old 01-22-2013, 10:13 AM
_original_
GGG is real boxing

Rep Power: 21 _original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 14,860,127,135.11
Total Points: 239,196,470,704.98
War Ortiz!!!!!!! - Sir TomJones Thank you bro. - -Pull ma Finga- Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem 
Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem kick this fool, he racist - The Problem Good man, cold one on me - Alx. You deserve more of these - Alx. 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem 

Like others have said, stiff jabs and body shots. Tie him up when he's getting wild here and there also, he'll have no clue what to do.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:17 AM
DIB42
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 DIB42 has a reputation beyond reputeDIB42 has a reputation beyond reputeDIB42 has a reputation beyond reputeDIB42 has a reputation beyond reputeDIB42 has a reputation beyond reputeDIB42 has a reputation beyond reputeDIB42 has a reputation beyond reputeDIB42 has a reputation beyond reputeDIB42 has a reputation beyond reputeDIB42 has a reputation beyond reputeDIB42 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 15,254,181,082.31
Total Points: 15,304,258,624.49

You said you wanted to work on defense.. Sounds like this guy gave you a great opportunity to work on defense...
Old 01-24-2013, 04:07 PM
cameronpaul
Contender

Rep Power: 6 cameronpaul has a reputation beyond reputecameronpaul has a reputation beyond reputecameronpaul has a reputation beyond reputecameronpaul has a reputation beyond reputecameronpaul has a reputation beyond reputecameronpaul has a reputation beyond reputecameronpaul has a reputation beyond reputecameronpaul has a reputation beyond reputecameronpaul has a reputation beyond reputecameronpaul has a reputation beyond reputecameronpaul has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 15,066.62

accidental low blow
Old 01-24-2013, 04:23 PM
mconstantine
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 mconstantine has a reputation beyond reputemconstantine has a reputation beyond reputemconstantine has a reputation beyond reputemconstantine has a reputation beyond reputemconstantine has a reputation beyond reputemconstantine has a reputation beyond reputemconstantine has a reputation beyond reputemconstantine has a reputation beyond reputemconstantine has a reputation beyond reputemconstantine has a reputation beyond reputemconstantine has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 2,500,000,149,686.80

Noobs throwing wild, hard punches are dangerous because they tend to come from weird angles. You have to let them know if they throw hard shots, hard shots will get thrown back. If they still want to get froggy, hop on them.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:30 AM
SluggaBoy
Amateur

Total Points: 257.31

Heya, my first post btw

When I started boxing, the first sparring partner I had knocked me over. He was some awful 'experienced' bloke. I couldn't remember getting punched - one second I was standing the next I was on the floor.

Even though I was pretty good at taking punches I was terrible at hitting people as I didnít want to hurt anyone and didnít have the confidence. After that one sparring session I started hitting a lot harder than I should have been for light-con sparring. But after that sparring session I had it in my head that if I didnít hit my opponent hard and keep him on the defensive I'd get hurt again. Which is obviously not the point of light con sparring.

I've been keeping at it for 5 months now and managed to change how I spar. What I noticed the good veteran boxers do is outbox the noobs. They use footwork and get away from every hit and only throw jabs. Once the noob tires himself out by missing all the time, the vets just throw a few (not insanely hard) body shots and hooks and the nooby normally has to stop cause he's exhausted.

A lot of noobs go all out because they are scared about being hit or knocked out. I know that was why I hit really hard in the beginning. If you just keep passive on them, most of them calm down, then you can turn up the heat a little. Some idiots are just looking to hurt people though.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:40 PM
cja07007
Contender

Rep Power: 5 cja07007 has a reputation beyond reputecja07007 has a reputation beyond reputecja07007 has a reputation beyond reputecja07007 has a reputation beyond reputecja07007 has a reputation beyond reputecja07007 has a reputation beyond reputecja07007 has a reputation beyond reputecja07007 has a reputation beyond reputecja07007 has a reputation beyond reputecja07007 has a reputation beyond reputecja07007 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 24,485.82
thanks for the link - BostonGuy No Message - BostonGuy No Message - BostonGuy No Message - BostonGuy No Message - BostonGuy 
No Message - BostonGuy 

Ive tried to look at is a great time to work on controlling the pace if you know what I mean and ring generalship. If someone doesn't know what there really looking to do except attack and you can find a way to control them its great work. If there really out of control and being a tough guy the liver is great haha.