Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 01-21-2013, 08:54 AM
DeLaHoya1fan
Contender

Rep Power: 6 DeLaHoya1fan is a splendid one to beholdDeLaHoya1fan is a splendid one to beholdDeLaHoya1fan is a splendid one to beholdDeLaHoya1fan is a splendid one to beholdDeLaHoya1fan is a splendid one to beholdDeLaHoya1fan is a splendid one to beholdDeLaHoya1fan is a splendid one to behold
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,000,079,801.83
Default sparring against noobs who go all out

was put in the ring against a new kid who had horrible technique. The coach knew I was more experienced and told me to go light on him so I thought I'd just work on my defense. Then every time I landed a cross through his guard this guy would go full retard and wing haymakers. Afterwards his friend was telling him that he was winning.

How do you deal with over zealous noobs in sparring? should I match his intensity and go in for the kill?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-21-2013, 09:08 AM
Vitez
Contender

Total Points: 28,009.30

"should I match his intensity and go in for the kill?"

yes. don't be a biatchh. also don't listen to your coach like he is your daddy....

this way the n00b will learn as well...
Old 01-21-2013, 11:09 AM
-PANDA-
..Playa by Nature..

Rep Power: 26 -PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 66,348,303,237,903.27
Total Points: 68,363,806,036,011.34
a panda always wins - Tha_Greatest SuperPANDA is a playa fa sho!!!!!!! - Chief2ndzOnly! i enjoy ur posts - led have a beer on me - led Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks 
thanks for the green brother - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Fire and Fear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Fire and Fear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Fire and Fear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Fire and Fear Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas 

everyone who has sparred will probably have experienced this

what worked for me in the past was catching them off balance by timing them with a stiff jab...it's the most embarrassing punch they can get hit with

if this doesn't work try getting inside with shorter punches...it should at least be a little demotivating for them
Old 01-21-2013, 11:14 AM
Barn
TheTartanSoldier

Rep Power: 48 Barn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond reputeBarn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 22,062,443,737,743.38
Total Points: 58,046,355,404,971.62
Keep up the top notch vids - JAB5239 Merry Crimbo! - The Surgeon To another of a select group of real boxing fans who really know their boxing history! - Terry A Your 4000th post and you quoted me, I'm honoured! Happy 4k :wave: - *Boss Lady* 4 the uploads! - chiguy91 
Congrats on 5K solid KO's.. - !! AI-Holmes!! For you epic break down of Oreo's, and the Mayan calendar. lmaooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 well deserved - the collector For the massive amount of points given - MindBat Merry X-mas Lad! Have a good un! - The Surgeon 
Happy New Year - Freedom. You're going to need it to beat me. - D-MiZe victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov your first post in the weed thread barn! , i know you don't smoke , keep it that way young one!! - HUGH JASS 
Happy birthday! Hope you have a good one. - dan_cov Boxingscene Chat room :fing02: - jose830 what up homie...just incase I want you to know I had nothing to do with that thread title change that's your thread bro - -jose- :love: - -jose- For the help buddy - Badzi87 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - NChristo Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NChristo Childhood Cancer - NChristo Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - NChristo Hepatitis C - NChristo 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NChristo Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - NChristo Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - NChristo Autism - NChristo Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - NChristo 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - NChristo Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - NChristo Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - NChristo Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - NChristo World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - arraamis 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - codey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha 

Had it a couple of times, just hit them with straight shots and match their intensity until they calm the f*ck down.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:15 AM
#1Assassin
Conveyor of Truth

Rep Power: 28 #1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,811,708,580.36
Total Points: 17,895,978,204.64
one of boxingscene's very worst posters - Freedom. one of boxingscene's very best posters - Barnburner What you said about Dempsey was real talk! - Atreyu Khalil you are one of THOSE terrible posters - Earl Hickey Eternal partnership,to MaryJane! - HughJass 
great advice in training forum - jas 

just outbox them. bust them up with stiff jabs and hard bodyshots when they get wild and they will learn quickly. you can knock them out but only with a bodyshot or by making them quit, dont knock them cold.

dont let them get away with their bull**** either, like i said outbox them and make them pay for being sloppy. show them that timing, distancing, thinking and proper technique beats brute force and aggression every time.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:24 AM
Sugarj
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 19 Sugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,030,079,035.51
For being a cool poster - -IronMike- beer for a good poster - led Top Poster. - Barnburner Great info in the running thread. - Barnburner for the excellent race time (Its new running shoes!) - The Surgeon 
for invaluable advice in the training forum - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLaHoya1fan View Post
was put in the ring against a new kid who had horrible technique. The coach knew I was more experienced and told me to go light on him so I thought I'd just work on my defense. Then every time I landed a cross through his guard this guy would go full retard and wing haymakers. Afterwards his friend was telling him that he was winning.

How do you deal with over zealous noobs in sparring? should I match his intensity and go in for the kill?

There is nothing wrong with having a quick chat with the guy you are about to spar beforehand. You shouldn't want to dent a novice's confidence too much in sparring or precious few will end up taking up the sport. But you're the mug if the novice comes away thinking or worse saying that they got the better of you.

There is nothing wrong with saying something like 'lets just take it easy and work on technique, I won't throw anything heavy unless you do matey'......
Old 01-21-2013, 05:19 PM
Ray Corso
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 Ray Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 11,000,073,851.24
Listen to Ray, he knows boxing - valero Knowledgable poster - Weltz Knowledgeable - Beercules invaluable to the training forum - jas one of the greats - jas 

Solar plex, kidneys, under the heart! Use judgement as to power but thats what I've always done. When a green kid gets hit and comes back throwing its actually a good thing. He has to learn how to act while sparring. So you hurt the body a little and explan that he needs to "control" himself! Ray
Old 01-21-2013, 06:37 PM
Danny Gunz
Smokin'

Rep Power: 61 Danny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 43,413,717,527,399.12
Total Points: 45,698,532,901,398.52
Cool Poster. - Barnburner 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Danny Gunz Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - WANGLER Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dorian.. 

Just say 'bro, lets go 75% for this I wanna work on my defense.'
Old 01-21-2013, 08:23 PM
hayZ
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 hayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 2,000,035,541,018.34
links - Sir TomJones for posting the truth about Zionism - Freedom. No Message - -jose- 

Outbox him and then have a word with him after if need be. Show him that its not all about wild aggression more about controlling your self and using your head and not wasting energy/leaving yourself open to easy counters. Show him how to box, put on a clinic.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:45 PM
TRTboy
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 TRTboy has a reputation beyond reputeTRTboy has a reputation beyond reputeTRTboy has a reputation beyond reputeTRTboy has a reputation beyond reputeTRTboy has a reputation beyond reputeTRTboy has a reputation beyond reputeTRTboy has a reputation beyond reputeTRTboy has a reputation beyond reputeTRTboy has a reputation beyond reputeTRTboy has a reputation beyond reputeTRTboy has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 121,428.79

I go for the kill. Why wouldn't you? my coach tells me the same against newbie's but when they go all out then it's fair game.

Last edited by TRTboy; 01-21-2013 at 08:49 PM.