Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 01-22-2013, 01:04 PM
ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 34 ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN JOHN SCULLY has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN JOHN SCULLY has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN JOHN SCULLY has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN JOHN SCULLY has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN JOHN SCULLY has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN JOHN SCULLY has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN JOHN SCULLY has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN JOHN SCULLY has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN JOHN SCULLY has a reputation beyond reputeICEMAN JOHN SCULLY has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 23,071,428,901.59
Total Points: 23,171,779,317.97
boxingscene's Top Ten Serious Posters - mickey gomez ICE IS THE MAN! - S a m u r a i Paid his dues - RunW/Knives Cash for the Iceman - RunW/Knives Sick fighter all heart - RunW/Knives 
Skill and Know also, but Lion Heart. - RunW/Knives BScene's treasure! - jazluvr Thanks for the help and Happy New Year! - The Surgeon enjoyed your fights, you are awesome - happyman one of the great posters - jas 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - street bully Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr 
Default Gatti / H.O.F.

BoxingNews Magazine (U.K.) December 15 Issue...

At a ceremony to be held this coming June at an open air Fairgrounds in the small upstate New York town of Canastota, Montreal's Arturo "Thunder" Gatti will be inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame.

Now, there are some in our world of boxing who have criticized the decision to include this man among the legends of the game. They are among a group of boxing fans and participants who do not believe he is worthy of induction based on his spotty winning percentage in world title fights as well as his perceived lack of overall boxing skills. I myself am definitely not one of them.

In making a case for Arturo "Thunder" Gatti it would be very easy and obvious to point directly to his numerous exciting, thrill a minute appearances on ESPN, HBO and Pay-Per-View that always drew everyone from casual fans to the die hards. Arturo Gatti, along with the likes of fellow Hall Of Fame level pugilists Evander Holyfield and Mike Tyson was "must see TV" in his prime. It would be similarly easy to point to his part in drawing the sell out crowds that came to watch him perform live at historic venues such as Madison Square Garden in New York City and Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City. In regards to his "fame" it could pointed out how so many boxing fans often felt a level of anticipation before his bouts that rivaled the level of excitement they felt in the 1980's when Iron Mike himself made his own ring walks.

I personally also do appreciate those aspects of his total package but - as should be done - I prefer to take it much further and rightfully validate the man on his in the ring accomplishments.

Most fans seem to remember Arturo for his amazing three fight series with Mickey Ward and that's fine, too. Great fights they were, yes. The ninth round alone of their first fight back in May of 2002 might be enough for some people to wish for a special category at the Hall of Fame that would allow both guys a spot inside it.

But I more often find myself pointing out to surprised listeners how, contrary to popular belief and opinion, Arturo "Thunder" Gatti was much more than just a rock em' sock em' robot who spent every round of every fight taking one to give one. As proof of this, I suggest going to youtube sometime and watching all 12 rounds of each of his two title fights at 130 pounds with another good champion in Tracy Harris Patterson and you will see a combination punching, stuff jabbing, smart boxing, accurate counter punching Arturo Gatti winning both matches in a manner many who haven't seen those fights thought not possible. I still say Arturo used text book skills and smarts in each of those two particular matches as well as most have been able to in the modern era.

Other points to consider when contemplating the worth of Gatti are these: The man won forty professional fights in his career, a milestone of sorts even the likes of Sugar Ray Leonard and Joe Frazier didn't meet. He was a two-time, two-division world champion at 130 and 140 pounds. He fought for the world welterweight title. He captured seven victories over six different world champions over the course of his sixteen year career.

Between March of 1993 and January 1998 he won 23 bouts in a row including the two world title fight decision victories over Patterson and knockout victories over former champs Calvin Grove and Gabriel Ruelas.

He also won two of the three fights in one of the greatest trilogies in boxing history, the third bout of that trilogy seeing him wisely adjust his game plan to great effect in winning the widest decision of the series.

Included among his nine career losses were at least one that was stopped due to a cut, three that occurred at the very end of his career well into his 30's, two to sure fire future Hall of Famer's and another that came very early on his career in a six round preliminary match. Also notable is the fact that this man was involved in four "Ring Magazine Fight of the Year" bouts (with Ruelas in 1997, Ivan Robinson in 1998 and his first two bouts with Micky Ward in 2002 and 2003).

He also was honored universally by the magazine for his "Knockout Of The Year" of Ruelas.

On top of all that, 2002 saw him win The Ring magazine award for "Comeback of the Year."

Arturo Gatti was not the greatest fighter of all time. He was not even among the top ten greatest fighters of all time, either, but guess what? Neither were the vast majority of the other boxers enshrined in Canastota. But they each did enough on their own to warrant their own inclusion and I personally believe this man has too.

ICE
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-22-2013, 01:13 PM
Jack Napier
Whores on Our Cul de Sac

Rep Power: 47 Jack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,343,846,853,906.80
Total Points: 4,344,846,875,176.31
welcome back pare - -JAWS- good man - Old Coward Cool Poster... - BritishBoxing92 parallelogram - TBear Stay up homie..Them Blue Parellograms is whats in style round these parts man - -FkkMeKJ- 
parollelogram sa inyo!! - Disposable Arts Blue parallelogram para sa iyo! - Chadmack BEER - jhacen parallelogram sa inyo!! - Blooper Have A Blue Parallelogram And &amp;quot;Keep Up&amp;quot; The Good Work LOL - RimmyDelicious 
for you homie - Tha_Greatest cheers! - led Beer pre - led my treat - KING MEAT back sa yo repaks - KING MEAT 
Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Jo94403 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - -Kevin- Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - ??? 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - The  Joker Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - LeeVanCleef Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr 

can't believe there were people getting upset about this
who cares that Gatti isn't actually a great fighter?
HOF is just a way of saying the guy will always be remembered
the guy was in a shitload of exciting fights, that's enough
Old 01-22-2013, 01:14 PM
Roy Jones Jnr
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 Roy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Jones Jnr has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 890,457,899.54
No Message - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
BoxingNews Magazine (U.K.) December 15 Issue...
Arturo Gatti was not the greatest fighter of all time. He was not even among the top ten greatest fighters of all time, either, but guess what? Neither were the vast majority of the other boxers enshrined in Canastota. But they each did enough on their own to warrant their own inclusion and I personally believe this man has too.

ICE
I agree.

On a similar topic Ice, what do you think about Prince Naseem and the HOF? You think he should get in?
Old 01-22-2013, 01:18 PM
Russian Crushin
atheist with a gun

Rep Power: 172 Russian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 541,665,914,579,951.06
Total Points: 546,666,465,763,038.00
Happy B-Day brotha! - blaze778 Happy birthday bro! - led superbirthday - TBear cheers bro! - chiguy91 here's a fanta bro...i think - Alx. 
happy birthday! - dj Pepe happy bday again - TBear Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day - Bossy Happy birthday bro! - led Happy B-day - CuauhtÚmoc1520 
ATG - rorymac Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy Holidays Russian Crushin, - !! AI-Holmes!! have a Happy and safe New Years my brother from a Russian mother :beerchug: - jose830 
Great Poster - Dr Rumack HBD bro. - led* Happy Birthday - Freedom. Hope you have a good one! - dan_cov cheers!! - drenlou 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - 'Sugar' Freddi Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - 'Sugar' Freddi Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - 'Sugar' Freddi Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mathed 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - TBear Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - TBear Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jose830 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 

He doesnt belong. Boxing is too much of a popularity sport, instead of merit. Yea it's a hall of "fame" but its suppose to the best of the best. I cant wait until Maidana and Tyson Marquez get in because they are exciting as hell
Old 01-22-2013, 02:07 PM
deanrw
Mayor Ford's dealer...

Rep Power: 55 deanrw has a reputation beyond reputedeanrw has a reputation beyond reputedeanrw has a reputation beyond reputedeanrw has a reputation beyond reputedeanrw has a reputation beyond reputedeanrw has a reputation beyond reputedeanrw has a reputation beyond reputedeanrw has a reputation beyond reputedeanrw has a reputation beyond reputedeanrw has a reputation beyond reputedeanrw has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,305,518,071,268,916.50
Total Points: 1,305,518,272,597,789.75
Here's to real boxing fans my man - mangler cheers - MARKBNLV more beer for my bud - Makavelli its 105 here is socal bud - Makavelli cheers buddy - -pound4pound- 
now the collection is complete - -pound4pound- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy Holidays deanrw - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy Holidays deanrw - !! AI-Holmes!! thank you. have a happy holiday and Safe new year!! - PAC-BOY 
Happy holidays bro! - led* Merry christmas,thanks for all the kind words - MR. LARRYX happy new year man! - HUGH JASS happy new year bro! - jazluvr Tis an honour to be on your friends list. - Terrel 
Respect Bro... Respect - EvilGenius For the bonus - mathed For the bonus - mathed Thanks for the points - mathed the champ knows - sugarsmosley 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - BattlingNelson Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Kevin Jesus Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jazluvr449 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr449 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr449 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Makavelli Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Makavelli Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Makavelli Childhood Cancer - Makavelli Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Makavelli 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Makavelli Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Makavelli Autism - Makavelli World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Makavelli Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - Makavelli 
Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - MANGLER Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 

Great Post Iceman
Old 01-22-2013, 02:11 PM
jri9d0
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 jri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,215,582.94
Be Joyful - Gift Giver good poster - -pound4pound- this pinoy doesn't believe in 1 beer, have another - -pound4pound- ran out of green - jazluvr for your collection - sugarsmosley 

The man has been a great contributor to our sport and for that reason he has my vote.

Why isn't there an equal outcry for Sylvester Stallone getting in based on a fictional character with a fictional story?

I mean really!
Old 01-22-2013, 02:18 PM
Russian Crushin
atheist with a gun

Rep Power: 172 Russian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond repute
Happy B-Day brotha! - blaze778 Happy birthday bro! - led superbirthday - TBear cheers bro! - chiguy91 here's a fanta bro...i think - Alx. 
happy birthday! - dj Pepe happy bday again - TBear Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day - Bossy Happy birthday bro! - led Happy B-day - CuauhtÚmoc1520 
ATG - rorymac Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy Holidays Russian Crushin, - !! AI-Holmes!! have a Happy and safe New Years my brother from a Russian mother :beerchug: - jose830 
Great Poster - Dr Rumack HBD bro. - led* Happy Birthday - Freedom. Hope you have a good one! - dan_cov cheers!! - drenlou 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - 'Sugar' Freddi Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - 'Sugar' Freddi Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - 'Sugar' Freddi Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mathed 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - TBear Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - TBear Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jose830 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jri9d0 View Post
The man has been a great contributor to our sport and for that reason he has my vote.

Why isn't there an equal outcry for Sylvester Stallone getting in based on a fictional character with a fictional story?

I mean really!
If you still dont understand how Stallone got in, then dont even comment on the subject.

Also his movies have contributed more to boxing then Gatti
Old 01-22-2013, 02:24 PM
RVABoxer
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 RVABoxer has a reputation beyond reputeRVABoxer has a reputation beyond reputeRVABoxer has a reputation beyond reputeRVABoxer has a reputation beyond reputeRVABoxer has a reputation beyond reputeRVABoxer has a reputation beyond reputeRVABoxer has a reputation beyond reputeRVABoxer has a reputation beyond reputeRVABoxer has a reputation beyond reputeRVABoxer has a reputation beyond reputeRVABoxer has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,551,493.24
Total Points: 10,003,601,778.19
New green k thread pioneer - Trudoe 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Trudoe 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Crushin View Post
He doesnt belong. Boxing is too much of a popularity sport, instead of merit. Yea it's a hall of "fame" but its suppose to the best of the best. I cant wait until Maidana and Tyson Marquez get in because they are exciting as hell
He should be in its called Hall of FAME not Hall of GREATNESS he was big and put on a spectacular show and gave us memorable fights what more can you ask for as far as fame is concerned?
Old 01-22-2013, 02:27 PM
jri9d0
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 jri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond reputejri9d0 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,215,582.94
Be Joyful - Gift Giver good poster - -pound4pound- this pinoy doesn't believe in 1 beer, have another - -pound4pound- ran out of green - jazluvr for your collection - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Crushin View Post
If you still dont understand how Stallone got in, then dont even comment on the subject.

Also his movies have contributed more to boxing then Gatti
Really? Then please enlighten us feeble minded souls to how Stallone would have a leg up in the H.O.F especially on fictional content.

And while you're at it explain why Ken Norton is worth the nod...
Old 01-22-2013, 02:42 PM
Russian Crushin
atheist with a gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jri9d0 View Post
Really? Then please enlighten us feeble minded souls to how Stallone would have a leg up in the H.O.F especially on fictional content.

And while you're at it explain why Ken Norton is worth the nod...
Stallone is in the non-fighters section for contribution to the sport. If you wanna put Gatti in there, fine i guess, but he certainly isnt good enough as a fighter.

& When did i say Ken Norton deserved to be there? His win over Ali was better then Gatti's entire career anyway.

The HOF has to put in guys every year to more money, its just become a business now, getting in the HOF isnt special anymore