Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 01-19-2013, 10:27 PM
djtmal
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 16 djtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,097,477.48
For your courage and honour on the battlefield - -LightsOut- lol - -LightsOut- For being NSB top poster - -Ironmike- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin' View Post
from a fans perpective this may be true. from a boxing judges stand point your statement would be false.
since you speak of fans/judges...

from the judges standpoint with that particular fight, it was a close, split decision, that they saw sugar ray leonard's way...that means, he landed a few more punches, but he didn't win the fight, but he looked like he did....i don't have a problem with that...

from fan's stanpoints, and even from many experts standpoints, the fight could have been easily scored for hagler...lol
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-19-2013, 10:45 PM
S. Saddler 1310
Banned

Rep Power: 0 S. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,998,947,879.14

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtmal View Post
ehhhh, it was a great promotion, but the fight itself, was garbage...you had one guy, the linear champ, who came to fight, against another guy, the challenger, who was basically throwing pitty-pat flash combos, shoeshining, and downright running...the last two rounds were horrible...

now sugar ray leonard, vs. duran 1...that was a great fight...
it was a fine contest, very engaging throughout.

i believe you are just salty because Ray proved himself the superior fighter and the stronger character.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:45 PM
djtmal
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 16 djtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond repute
For your courage and honour on the battlefield - -LightsOut- lol - -LightsOut- For being NSB top poster - -Ironmike- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
so, you note that Ray laboured somewhat with Howard and was dropped, yet you don't acknowledge that he was past his best when fighting Marvin some additional (substance-filled) years later?

hmm, interesting.

Leonard will always be Marvin's daddy, bro. Hagler is mentally owned to Ray.
don't get away from the point...the point is, at the time that sugar ray leonard, fought kevin howard, he was in his prime, fighting @ 154 lbs, drug/alcohol free, and marvin hagler was prime, @ 160 lbs...that was the true time that their paths should have crossed...instead of fighting hagler, i guess he figured it was better to get sniffed out on that booger sugar...lol

point is, sugar ray leonard, put himself on the shelf and worked for hbo, while marvelous marvin hagler, was putting in much work, for the 3 years sugar ray leonard, was getting up enough courage...
Old 01-19-2013, 10:50 PM
djtmal
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
it was a fine contest, very engaging throughout.

i believe you are just salty because Ray proved himself the superior fighter and the stronger character.
he was a superior fighter @ welterweight...middleweight?...ehhh...he needed too many provisions...thats just like the flashy hollywood lakers are playing the blue collar celtics, and the lakers rim is 8ft, cause magic ain't got no hops, and celtics rim is 10, because larry bird can hit nothing but net from anywhere on the court....

Last edited by djtmal; 01-19-2013 at 11:10 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:56 PM
New England
Strong champion.

Rep Power: 108 New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 224,117,456,054,261.19
Total Points: 230,120,137,731,254.53
for a great poster! - sweetpea87 Drinks on me brother - BoxingGenius27 I hate boxing too, lmaaoooooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 thanks for the green...always enjoy reading your post...green you once I can again... - jose830 great poster award - jazluvr 
Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack 
i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS 
For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas For being a roided up freakazoid - Cuauhtémoc1520 ugly arms - -Weltschmerz- 44 posts late.Happy 29,000 post - HughJass 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HughJass AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - sugarsmosley 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - jas Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

in my top 10 most talented fighters of all time for sure.

great speed
great chin
big power.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:13 PM
djtmal
Undisputed Champion

slightly overrated in my book, due to the retiring, and unretiring, and the lalonde fight for two belts was a farce...
Old 01-19-2013, 11:30 PM
Chino Madonna
Disrespectful Savage

Rep Power: 26 Chino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,071,887,134,315.36
Total Points: 2,104,194,524,247.65
Have a virtual beer on me. - S a m u r a i Hopefully this will help now that you have given up streams - danc1984 i felt bad for you cos i have more gifts than you. what can i say? im more likable :) heres a banana - vanilamilkshake for being a hating lil faag - Sir TomJones for destroying larry, that was entertaining - Alx. 
there there kid, there there - Earl Hickey absolute destruction of the forums biggest shit poster larryx - I'm so sorry underrated poster - -MAKAVELLI- Top bloke - Aztec Wanker for slapping around the fanboys - I'm so sorry 
top poster - -MAKAVELLI- No Message - jose830 14084702 never forget - RlCKY 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England View Post
in my top 10 most talented fighters of all time for sure.

great speed
great chin
big power.
"underrated toughster".

That's a phrase you used about him a while ago that stuck with me. It's a great phase. For all his diva behaviour, he was one bad motherf-cker. When all is said and done, he fought Duran, Hearns, Hagler, Benitez.

Incidentally, his book is damn good. He's still my least favourite of the Four Kings but it did make me like him more.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:41 PM
Capaedia
JMM Stan

Rep Power: 18 Capaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond reputeCapaedia has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 319,590,208,861.69
Total Points: 463,440,727,271.59
your pressie - McGoorty Keep up the top posts! - Barnburner 1000 posts! Keep spreading knowledge. - JAB5239 1,000 posts - Scott9945 Great posting - joseph5620 
Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks Happy Holidays  Capaedia - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy holidays bro! - led* happy holidays to a good poster - Cleto_Reyes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by revs1227 View Post
prime pac vs prime leonard OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
It would not be competitive.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:42 PM
djtmal
Undisputed Champion

i thought he intentionally headbutted benitez, but it was a good win...
Old 01-20-2013, 12:56 AM
The Noose
AKA Bologna Panini

Rep Power: 334 The Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 101,300,797,723.00
Here you go you non-gift having British queer. - Mizzou good poster , have an e beer on me - shobox Happy Uncle's Day! - Bossy Great post! On this thread... Fighters who thank &quot;god&quot;...Are they f@cking stupid ? - jose830 

Quote:
ehhhh, it was a great promotion, but the fight itself, was garbage...you had one guy, the linear champ, who came to fight, against another guy, the challenger, who was basically throwing pitty-pat flash combos, shoeshining, and downright running...the last two rounds were horrible...

now sugar ray leonard, vs. duran 1...that was a great fight...
Wow. Never thought id hear anyone say the fight was garbage. And i see the 'pitty-pat' myth continues. Leonard threw big shots that landed clean, and his flurries were when he was fighting Hagler off him, making Hagler cover up. His shots were never going to hurt Marvin, but those 'pitty-pat' punches were actually great displays of heart and will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayDub View Post
Both Hagler and Duran are better fighters than Sugar Ray Leonard.

They're all pretty much even as far as boxing goes, though.

I just can't give any respect to fighters that fight like little *****es, especially when they "beat" a champion by running away the whole fight.
Its called boxing. Maybe its not what you like but its a sport, and Leonard would be stupid to try and fight on the inside against Hagler all night. He boxed and moved and countered. Ho anyone can say he ran all night baffles me.
Quote:
i thought he intentionally headbutted benitez, but it was a good win...
Hater. lol