Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 01-19-2013, 08:33 PM
The Slaughter
Executioner

Rep Power: 6 The Slaughter has much to be proud ofThe Slaughter has much to be proud ofThe Slaughter has much to be proud ofThe Slaughter has much to be proud ofThe Slaughter has much to be proud ofThe Slaughter has much to be proud ofThe Slaughter has much to be proud ofThe Slaughter has much to be proud of
Bank: 445,784,218.79
Total Points: 645,771,818.12
No Message - The Slaughter No Message - The Slaughter Kom så Mikkel!! - BattlingNelson 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - The Slaughter 

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtmal View Post
gtfoh...hagler was 60+fights old, with wars against hearns, & mugabi, behind him, taking on all comers,and srl, was on the shelf, for damn near 4 years, still in his 20's...

truth is, sugar ray leonard, he ain't want it with marvelous marvin hagler in his prime...he fake retired, and hid safely behind the mike, until he saw hagler slip bad in the mugabi fight...

sugar ray leonard, fought kevin howard, in what was thought to be a tuneup for hagler, but after kevin howard, put sugar ray leonard on the deck, sugar ray leonard, figured it was better to get back behind the mike, than face hagler, after that scare with the light hitting kevin howard...

...and what was up, with sugar ray leonard, rematching marvelous marvin hagler?...i guess sugar ray leonard knew his history, because he had to know, that marvelous marvin hagler, avenged every loss and draw on his record, dude welched on the rematch, and left hagler a bitter dude behind it...
You nailed it!
Just to add this, Ray said more than once that he wouldnt been able to take more punishment from Hagler and would have been down if the fight went on for another round. Hagler was way past his prime at that point. Prime Hagler was a scary mofo.
But dont put too much into this as the OP says Ray clearly beat Hagler and at the same time said Froch clearly beat Kessler..
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-19-2013, 08:33 PM
Motofan
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 24 Motofan has a reputation beyond reputeMotofan has a reputation beyond reputeMotofan has a reputation beyond reputeMotofan has a reputation beyond reputeMotofan has a reputation beyond reputeMotofan has a reputation beyond reputeMotofan has a reputation beyond reputeMotofan has a reputation beyond reputeMotofan has a reputation beyond reputeMotofan has a reputation beyond reputeMotofan has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,604,009,179.59
Total Points: 1,030,609,052,741.52

Ray was as good as it gets.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:37 PM
djtmal
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 16 djtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,098,591.24
For your courage and honour on the battlefield - -LightsOut- lol - -LightsOut- For being NSB top poster - -Ironmike- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin' View Post
Leonard was a class act. Extraordinary speed, intuition and over-all skills.

As far as the Hagler bout I say Leonard handled him like a true craftsman. I believe that he had Hagler very tentative to let his puches go once Hagler saw how outclassed he was in speed, he was simply worried that Leonard would make him look bad. With Marvins extremely high sense of pride he was tentative through the whole bout and never did really let his hands go fluidly. Leonard won that fight.

Overall Leonard is easily within the peramiters of an All-Time Great............Rockin'
eeeh, i thought sugar ray leonard, was *****-made, in the hagler fight...how can the challenger, run, shoeshine, be ghost in the championship rounds, and take a fighter as great as hagler's title, like that...i think, sugar ray leonard, wanted to trade a little bit more, but his corner kept urging him, to stay on the bicycle...

yeah, he got a points win, but did he really beat the man?...naaaa...lol..still, even with the victory, he'd never be considered higher than hagler, in any boxing expert's opinion, in terms of all-time great middleweights...only monzon, and robinson, hold that distinction...now welterweight, much props to sugar ray leonard there, no doubt...
Old 01-19-2013, 08:44 PM
KayDub
Contender

Rep Power: 4 KayDub has much to be proud ofKayDub has much to be proud ofKayDub has much to be proud ofKayDub has much to be proud ofKayDub has much to be proud ofKayDub has much to be proud ofKayDub has much to be proud ofKayDub has much to be proud ofKayDub has much to be proud of
Bank: 54,960,273.64
Total Points: 55,072,089.27

Both Hagler and Duran are better fighters than Sugar Ray Leonard.

They're all pretty much even as far as boxing goes, though.

I just can't give any respect to fighters that fight like little *****es, especially when they "beat" a champion by running away the whole fight.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:54 PM
prinzemanspopa
queenmanspopa

Rep Power: 12 prinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond reputeprinzemanspopa has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 529,168.36
No Message - poet682006 No Message - poet682006 No Message - poet682006 Top Poster - Stone Roses! one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. 
Happy New Year - Freedom. 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - poet682006 Gay and Lesbian Pride - poet682006 Gay and Lesbian Pride - poet682006 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - nightowl Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - GALACTUS 

Quote:
yeah, he got a points win, but did he really beat the man?...naaaa...lol..still, even with the victory, he'd never be considered higher than hagler, in any boxing expert's opinion, in terms of all-time great middleweights...only monzon, and robinson, hold that distinction...now welterweight, much props to sugar ray leonard there, no doubt...

Considering Leonard barely fought at the weight,how the hell is that an accomplishment? Overall,Leonard was a better fighter than Hagler ever was.Could you imagine Hagler fighting once in a five year period and coming back and beating Michael Spinks? Nope,neither can I.

Hagler would never have gotten in the ring with Spinks even at his very best.Too busy calling out welterweights,I suppose.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:56 PM
TysonBomb
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 4 TysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond reputeTysonBomb has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 40,911.08
one of boxingscene's worst posters - Freedom. No Message - Fire and Fear No Message - Fire and Fear No Message - Fire and Fear 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Fire and Fear Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - Fire and Fear 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayDub View Post
Both Hagler and Duran are better fighters than Sugar Ray Leonard.

They're all pretty much even as far as boxing goes, though.

I just can't give any respect to fighters that fight like little *****es, especially when they "beat" a champion by running away the whole fight.
This

Leonard is an overrated prick
Old 01-19-2013, 08:56 PM
SkillspayBills
Avy King 2007-2013

Rep Power: 158 SkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond reputeSkillspayBills has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 19,304,958,049,006,580.00
Total Points: 19,304,958,049,102,648.00
Was it as good for you, as it was for me? :flirt: LMAO! :D All done, I promise :kiss: - *Boss Lady* Felt like switching up the order :D lol - *Boss Lady* Still love me? :kiss: :flirt: - Bossy Heart bro(no homo) for the 20k. - led Happy 20k darling! :kiss: - Bossy 
No Message - MELLY-MEL... Need to cool down, your avatars make me hot - Uns somth to remember me by :) - nillamilkshake No Message - chiguy91 No Message - chiguy91 
Happy Bday - Terrel Happy bday bro - MANGLER Happy Birthday babe, I'm lucky to know you :D :kiss: - Bossy Happy birthday to a BS MVP. - The_Bringer Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Green K sent also, thanks bud :fing02: - jose830 Happy Birthday homie :beerchug: - jose830 HBD bro - led* Skills loves dills - junior gong everything good here thanks for asking I hope everything good with you also :fing02: - -jose- 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - BritishBoxing92 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - BritishBoxing92 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - BritishBoxing92 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - BritishBoxing92 Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - BritishBoxing92 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - BritishBoxing92 Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - BritishBoxing92 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - BritishBoxing92 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - BritishBoxing92 Hepatitis C - BritishBoxing92 
Childhood Cancer - BritishBoxing92 Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - BritishBoxing92 Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - BritishBoxing92 Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - BritishBoxing92 Head and Neck Cancer - BritishBoxing92 
Autism - The Underboss Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - chiguy91 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - chiguy91 

Am I the only one that thought this would be about Butterbean?
Old 01-19-2013, 09:13 PM
djtmal
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 16 djtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond reputedjtmal has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,098,591.24
For your courage and honour on the battlefield - -LightsOut- lol - -LightsOut- For being NSB top poster - -Ironmike- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slaughter View Post
You nailed it!
Just to add this, Ray said more than once that he wouldnt been able to take more punishment from Hagler and would have been down if the fight went on for another round. Hagler was way past his prime at that point. Prime Hagler was a scary mofo.
But dont put too much into this as the OP says Ray clearly beat Hagler and at the same time said Froch clearly beat Kessler..
slaughter, thanks for the kind words, regarding my assessment, of sugar ray leonard vs marvelous marvin hagler...i can't comment on froch vs. kessler (didn't watch that fight), but when it comes to 80's boxing, i followed all of the big names careers...

people tend to forget, that sugar ray leonard vs. marvelous marvin hagler, was probably the first mega fight, that went only 12 rounds, when 15 rounds was the norm...marvelous marvin hagler, spotted sugar ray leonard, the last 3 rounds in the negotiations, to make the fight happen...spotted sugar ray leonard the ring size, probably the gloves, and who knows what else, just to get sugar ray leonard, to sign on the dotted line...lol...

turns out, that marvelous marvin hagler, dropped the first 3 rounds fighting orthodox, and needed rounds 13, 14, & 15, to put a gassed sugar ray leonard, on his back...marvelous marvin hagler, put everbody on their backs, my man...marvelous marvin hagler is originally from newark, nj, such as i, so you see why i get personal when it comes to untrue and bogus facts, regarding marvelous marvin hagler...
Old 01-19-2013, 09:27 PM
Rockin'
SRR by Triangle Theory

Rep Power: 19451 Rockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 36,285,105,623,109.67
Total Points: 36,285,105,684,726.53
another one bud - peyk-peyk tnx 4 the green champ - BoZz Have a beer on me... - BulgariasFinest I have great respect for you as a poster - rorymac Much appreciated my friend - BulgariasFinest 
thanks champ, respect :) - calmdown you were a good opponent or whatever, now its over between you and me as rivals or fake rivals, whatever it was, lol, no more problems from me to you in my part - Tha_Greatest 10k. Keep postin'. - BattlingNelson Happy 10k darling! :kiss: - *Boss Lady* 10k posts - ??? 
Happy birthday Rockin' - dan_cov happy birthday - TBear You are one of the best posters here. - I'm so sorry Great post on crime statistics. It's truly a disturbing trend. - thuggery for keepin it real in the training lounge , your the man rockin. - HUGH JASS 
For beating the stuffing out of master chef - lparm how do u give someone a good rep? cant figure it out - bigpauly To a fighting Man - Weltz One of the great posters - jas Merry Cristmas Rockin' - TBear 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Talisayen AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Childhood Cancer - bigpauly World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

Quote:
eeeh, i thought sugar ray leonard, was *****-made, in the hagler fight...how can the challenger, run, shoeshine, be ghost in the championship rounds, and take a fighter as great as hagler's title, like that...i think, sugar ray leonard, wanted to trade a little bit more, but his corner kept urging him, to stay on the bicycle...

If you look at it the other way what damage did Hagler inflict on Leonard, except for a couple of rounds where he had Leonard hurt Hagler did next to no damage except for those particular rounds. Ofcourse Leonards blows were for the most part little more than an annoyance to Hagler, but they did what was needed for Leonard to carry many of the rounds when added to Haglers lack of action.

The memories of the indestructable war machine were just that on that particular evening, only memories. Hagler looked slow, tentative and unsure of himself and his punches for the entire fight. He simply could not handle Leonards speed and skill after a career full of glorious wars that on that night came to the forefront and exposed the worn champion as just that, a worn champion.

A champion enters the ring as the champion. He is then announced as the champion. But once everybody is out of the ring, except for the 2 fighters and the referee, and that bell rings nobody is the champion until their arm is lifted by the referee in victory when the fight is over. It doesnt matter if one does it with extremely cautious boxing or by brutal knockout. Constant agression only matters on the scorecards if you are landing the punches, Hagler was not and Leonards arm was raised............Rockin'

Last edited by Rockin'; 01-19-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:34 PM
Rockin'
SRR by Triangle Theory

Rep Power: 19451 Rockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond reputeRockin' has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 36,285,105,623,109.67
Total Points: 36,285,105,684,726.53
another one bud - peyk-peyk tnx 4 the green champ - BoZz Have a beer on me... - BulgariasFinest I have great respect for you as a poster - rorymac Much appreciated my friend - BulgariasFinest 
thanks champ, respect :) - calmdown you were a good opponent or whatever, now its over between you and me as rivals or fake rivals, whatever it was, lol, no more problems from me to you in my part - Tha_Greatest 10k. Keep postin'. - BattlingNelson Happy 10k darling! :kiss: - *Boss Lady* 10k posts - ??? 
Happy birthday Rockin' - dan_cov happy birthday - TBear You are one of the best posters here. - I'm so sorry Great post on crime statistics. It's truly a disturbing trend. - thuggery for keepin it real in the training lounge , your the man rockin. - HUGH JASS 
For beating the stuffing out of master chef - lparm how do u give someone a good rep? cant figure it out - bigpauly To a fighting Man - Weltz One of the great posters - jas Merry Cristmas Rockin' - TBear 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Talisayen AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - TBear 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Childhood Cancer - bigpauly World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

Quote:
slaughter, thanks for the kind words, regarding my assessment, of sugar ray leonard vs marvelous marvin hagler...i can't comment on froch vs. kessler (didn't watch that fight), but when it comes to 80's boxing, i followed all of the big names careers...

people tend to forget, that sugar ray leonard vs. marvelous marvin hagler, was probably the first mega fight, that went only 12 rounds, when 15 rounds was the norm...marvelous marvin hagler, spotted sugar ray leonard, the last 3 rounds in the negotiations, to make the fight happen...spotted sugar ray leonard the ring size, probably the gloves, and who knows what else, just to get sugar ray leonard, to sign on the dotted line...lol...

turns out, that marvelous marvin hagler, dropped the first 3 rounds fighting orthodox, and needed rounds 13, 14, & 15, to put a gassed sugar ray leonard, on his back...marvelous marvin hagler, put everbody on their backs, my man...marvelous marvin hagler is originally from newark, nj, such as i, so you see why i get personal when it comes to untrue and bogus facts, regarding marvelous marvin hagler...
Hagler signed for 12 rounds and everything else for the fight, get over it...........Rockin'