Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Better win for Floyd - Mosley in '10, or the Cotto/Margarito of 07/08?
Mosley of 2010 10 24.39%
Cotto or Margarito of 2007-2008 31 75.61%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 01-19-2013, 09:58 AM
RubenSonny
Lagos State of Mind

Rep Power: 15 RubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond reputeRubenSonny has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 765,528,593,860.33
Total Points: 765,529,802,575.98
Well deserved! Great Poster! - Barnburner 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDanHamza View Post
Ok.

So that fight with Cotto in 2007 was the last time we saw Sugar Shane?

Strange, I saw someone who looked like Sugar Shane in 2009.

People are acting like Shane Mosley is some kind of super engine. He's always had stamina problems and speaking of which, looked absolutely dog tired in the fight with Cotto in 2007.

The 07 Shane was of course better and more fresh than the 2010 Shane but the way it's being over exaggerated is funny.
Not entirely true, I think he only looked slightly lethargic at lightweight from cutting weight, his stamina was much better when he moved up to welterweight and was still relatively young.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-19-2013, 10:04 AM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 64 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 506,473,595,582,143.50
Total Points: 535,693,711,674,237.19
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenSonny View Post
Not entirely true, I think he only looked slightly lethargic at lightweight from cutting weight, his stamina was much better when he moved up to welterweight and was still relatively young.
Yes but the point still remains he's never had great stamina and often looks tired in his fights.

Even at WW, when he was still young.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:13 AM
UTEP
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 58 UTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond reputeUTEP has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 248,548,609,952,751.09
Total Points: 248,548,610,008,524.44
I truly appreciate that bro! but I don't like eating alone so here's one back enjoy! - jose830 Happy New Year carnal, que estes bien.. - !! AI-Holmes!! good ass poster - I'm so sorry Thanks for the YouTube posting tip, had to idea haha. - CounterPunching I meant 'no idea', not 'to idea' on the last gift.. - CounterPunching 
That's one of the hottest bitches I've ever seen! word! - jose830 el norte beautiful film no doubt - Tha_Greatest No Message - Sake1 :rofl: :rofl: that was funny...salud! - jose830 No Message - chiguy91 
GIF Thread: Distinguished Service Medal - Barnburner i watched the Bradley/Marquez video on my lunch, thanks for sharing - jose830 :lol1:@homie g funk... I'm in PR right now so I'll send you a tropical fish - jose830 No Message - Sake1 I'm digging this neon sign gifs - -jose- 
it's all good homie - -jose- thanks for the popcorn...hereI left you some - -jose- Thank you.  Toma una fria!  Cheers bro. - damit305 BANG BANG - sugarsmosley to a true atg poster - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmH Reborn View Post
Mosley by that point a 16 month inactive dude who was 39 and gassed out by the time the ring walk had ended. Fighting like he had turrets syndrome. I mean the dude had the benefit of Margarito getting busted in the locker room and not having his head into the game.

Riding that win to epic highs lol..."he wuz teh numbah one WW hardy har har!"

Mosley was a schmuck by then, and is still a schmuck now, about to get his ass whupped by Paulie. But I ain't mad at Floyd, he fights the sham fights, his fans fight the public perception fight. Why fight the killer of the WW division who in 2009/2010 was just disgusting in the ring when he can fight a guy who poses no thread for about equal pay.

Its like why fight the two best WW in 2007/2008 if you can bang out an undersized Brit for about equal pay. Let the devotees attempt to persuade the mass

Floyd fans will ignore that fact till the day they die.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:15 AM
PBP
ATG

Rep Power: 28 PBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 105,882,451,802,399.06
Total Points: 106,013,451,987,237.77
how do you not have any gifts yet? you're a good poster - I'm so sorry great posts! - JAB5239 No Message - mathed STORMTROOPERS - DonMega A pleasure to read your insightful comments - techliam 
It's Easter time, here's an Easter Egg for being an ATG poster - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kev- View Post
Mosley of 2010 was a better victory than a win over Margarito would have been and equal to a Cotto win.

Of course, all polls that have an option that goes against Floyd, will be chosen.

2010 Mosley>2007-2008 Margarito.

Mosley 2010=2007-2008 Cotto.

2010 Mosley was the Lineal 147 champion.
I agree with this right here. Margarito is way overrated on this site.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:35 AM
apokalips
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 apokalips has a reputation beyond reputeapokalips has a reputation beyond reputeapokalips has a reputation beyond reputeapokalips has a reputation beyond reputeapokalips has a reputation beyond reputeapokalips has a reputation beyond reputeapokalips has a reputation beyond reputeapokalips has a reputation beyond reputeapokalips has a reputation beyond reputeapokalips has a reputation beyond reputeapokalips has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,547,699.18

A Cotto fight would have been huge as he was undefeated and had beaten Mosley...however, Bob Arum was clearly in the way so we know why it didn't happen. Would have been a huge exciting event though most definitely, especially with both being less experienced than when they actually fought and Floyd seemingly less adapted to 147 body wise. We would probably have seen a more mobile looking Floyd the way he was against Hatton early.

Mosley in '10 was equal to that Cotto fight would have been IMO, because Mosley had absolutely destroyed an uncrackable Margarito who was a massive favourite. Mosley showed a new lease of life and actually destroyed an opponent then confronted Floyd TO HIS FACE in this ring the buzz was off the charts! Floyd just doused those flames too well when he dominated so well - making haters flip flop saying it was a pointless match up.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:39 AM
Derranged
New York City sucks

Rep Power: 161 Derranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond reputeDerranged has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,707,620,418,209.23
Total Points: 6,817,687,066,689.15
Have some wine man.. - !! AI-Holmes!! merry xmas - Subtraction No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
BURRRRRRRRRR! - Natedatpkid Beer bro! - led Thread of the year- &quot;Drunk Lang&quot; - BostonGuy If u delete this, ur gay !! - wazaa. *mwah* - led 
Merry Christmas - Flab Shit, sorry. I mean: Happy Hanukkah! (No offence intended) - Flab Feliz Navidad - El Mustang merry christmas jew.... - dj emzz Happy Holidays bro! - led 
Happy holidays Mario! - led* Feel sweeter this Friday honey - Weltschmerz Happy Hannukkah! - led pretend it's JAB - Weltschmerz Official Queer of the Year Award - Weltschmerz 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Rocky... Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - !! AI-Holmes!! Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - BoxingPromoter Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - BostonGuy World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 

At first I didn't understand the thread question.

Obviously Cotto or Marg in 07/08. If this was just one poster's contention, there really wasn't much reason to make a thread about it considering the astronomical amount of Floyd threads in circulation.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:56 AM
Jack Napier
Whores on Our Cul de Sac

Rep Power: 44 Jack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond reputeJack Napier has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,817,468,731,866.70
Total Points: 1,818,468,749,866.02
welcome back pare - -JAWS- good man - Old Coward Cool Poster... - BritishBoxing92 parallelogram - TBear Stay up homie..Them Blue Parellograms is whats in style round these parts man - -FkkMeKJ- 
parollelogram sa inyo!! - Disposable Arts Blue parallelogram para sa iyo! - Chadmack BEER - jhacen parallelogram sa inyo!! - Blooper Have A Blue Parallelogram And &amp;quot;Keep Up&amp;quot; The Good Work LOL - RimmyDelicious 
for you homie - Tha_Greatest cheers! - led Beer pre - led my treat - KING MEAT back sa yo repaks - KING MEAT 
Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Jo94403 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - -Kevin- Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - ??? 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - The  Joker Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - LeeVanCleef Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr 

Cotto or Margarito easily, they were still on top of their game
Mosley was shot in 2010
Floyd shoulda fought these guys in 08 for sure
taking on Hatton in 07 was just fine
but that fakeass "retirement" was weak
Old 01-19-2013, 11:44 AM
JmH Reborn
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 JmH Reborn has a reputation beyond reputeJmH Reborn has a reputation beyond reputeJmH Reborn has a reputation beyond reputeJmH Reborn has a reputation beyond reputeJmH Reborn has a reputation beyond reputeJmH Reborn has a reputation beyond reputeJmH Reborn has a reputation beyond reputeJmH Reborn has a reputation beyond reputeJmH Reborn has a reputation beyond reputeJmH Reborn has a reputation beyond reputeJmH Reborn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 170,775,303,506.76
Total Points: 181,767,236,830.11
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil For the good laugh! - codey Go far. - FeFist Para celebrar la victoria - PRPOWERPUNCHES 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - JmH Reborn Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - codey World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by apokalips View Post
A Cotto fight would have been huge as he was undefeated and had beaten Mosley...however, Bob Arum was clearly in the way so we know why it didn't happen. Would have been a huge exciting event though most definitely, especially with both being less experienced than when they actually fought and Floyd seemingly less adapted to 147 body wise. We would probably have seen a more mobile looking Floyd the way he was against Hatton early.

Mosley in '10 was equal to that Cotto fight would have been IMO, because Mosley had absolutely destroyed an uncrackable Margarito who was a massive favourite. Mosley showed a new lease of life and actually destroyed an opponent then confronted Floyd TO HIS FACE in this ring the buzz was off the charts! Floyd just doused those flames too well when he dominated so well - making haters flip flop saying it was a pointless match up.
C'mon dog, you don't believe that. How is a washed up has-been anywhere remotely close to a young prime fighter who was destroying and besting opponents. How is beating Mosley three years after Cotto beat a much better version of Mosley even in the same league.

The stuff people say. Even the buzz for Mayweather/Mosley wasn't all that great. There was some because some stuttering fool walked into the ring, but that was it. Nothing like the buzz when both Money and Cotto were in their primes, young and unstoppable.

Sometimes I just sit back and wonder
Old 01-19-2013, 11:46 AM
BigAlexSand
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 4 BigAlexSand has a reputation beyond reputeBigAlexSand has a reputation beyond reputeBigAlexSand has a reputation beyond reputeBigAlexSand has a reputation beyond reputeBigAlexSand has a reputation beyond reputeBigAlexSand has a reputation beyond reputeBigAlexSand has a reputation beyond reputeBigAlexSand has a reputation beyond reputeBigAlexSand has a reputation beyond reputeBigAlexSand has a reputation beyond reputeBigAlexSand has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 45,491.87

A young Cotto would have been better, yes; ill say much better.
Margarito, I could care less about.

But the Mosley in 2010, coming of a win against Margarito (exposed him and s**t him out). Was not a bad fight for Floyd.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:55 AM
BigAlexSand
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 4 BigAlexSand has a reputation beyond reputeBigAlexSand has a reputation beyond reputeBigAlexSand has a reputation beyond reputeBigAlexSand has a reputation beyond reputeBigAlexSand has a reputation beyond reputeBigAlexSand has a reputation beyond reputeBigAlexSand has a reputation beyond reputeBigAlexSand has a reputation beyond reputeBigAlexSand has a reputation beyond reputeBigAlexSand has a reputation beyond reputeBigAlexSand has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 45,491.87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom. View Post
Floyd ducked Mosley in 2007 and fought Hatton, when Shane was still very good.

Shane called Floyd out on ESPN in June, but Floyd went for the smaller Hatton, and made him move up to 147 for the fight, instead of fighting Shane who was already at welterweight.

Shane defeated Collazo more decisively than Hatton had, so Floyd chose Hatton.

Once Floyd was sure Shane was faded in 2010, THEN AND ONLY THEN was he willing to fight him.
What is wrong with you said by a business stand point and just being one minded.

Hatton at that point was a great fight for Floyd, wise of money and publicity. Hatton was Undefeated and brought a huge fan base from England.

So the word DUCKED, is wrong.

And in 2010, Mosley came off a huge win against Margarito, and so regain his relevance a a good fight for Mayweather.

You could say Pacquiao fought a faded, Mosley (lose to Floyd ANM draw with weak Mora), a faded Margarito (Coming of a lose to Mosley after being exposed to have no real power), a faded Hatton (First Lose to Mayweather, which was embarrassing).