Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Reply
Thread Navigation

#51
Old 01-19-2013, 05:00 PM
QballLobo
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,534
Rep Power: 8 QballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,040,070,568.45
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,040,070,568.45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
Canelo wants Mayweather to fight him NOW. His team knows September is just a date Mayweather can cancel at his whim. Who can blame them? Anyone who believes Floyd would fight four months after his next fight is a fool.

If he has to fight in the Floyd/Guerrero as an undercard fighter for little money, he might as well fight on a separate date where he can control the terms of the fight as the main card. Makes sense. Mayweather will never fight Canelo, anyway, win or lose in his next fight.
I agree, I think it is a smart move by Canelo's team. For all those saying that Canelo doesn't have this type of pull, obviously GBP isn't balking otherwise they would have told team Canelo to go F themselves and announced a fight everyone knew was a done deal late last year. Now whether or not he has earned that type of leverage is a valid debate.
The fact that they have held up the announcement means they are taking this seriously. At the end of the day Floyd only has a few more fights left, Canelo is the cash cow of the future for Golden Boy.
Mares or Broner would be good for the undercard, but the casual viewer has no idea who they are. Canelo did prove in September that he can move the needle.
Like I said Canelo has nothing to lose, he either get's his guarantee from team Mayweather (not likely) or he doesn't and gets confirmation that the fight will not happen this year and he can move on and headline his own card.
Reply With Quote
QballLobo is offline
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
#52
Old 01-19-2013, 06:12 PM
southpaw_07
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,976
Rep Power: 19 southpaw_07 has a reputation beyond reputesouthpaw_07 has a reputation beyond reputesouthpaw_07 has a reputation beyond reputesouthpaw_07 has a reputation beyond reputesouthpaw_07 has a reputation beyond reputesouthpaw_07 has a reputation beyond reputesouthpaw_07 has a reputation beyond reputesouthpaw_07 has a reputation beyond reputesouthpaw_07 has a reputation beyond reputesouthpaw_07 has a reputation beyond reputesouthpaw_07 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 90,324,537.92
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 90,324,537.92
nice sig - E.P.T. No Message - TheKza 
Default

let him fight the winner of Golovkin vs Rosado..until then..hype only
Reply With Quote
southpaw_07 is offline
#53
Old 01-19-2013, 06:21 PM
kiaba360
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Brooklyn
Age: 22
Posts: 9,448
Rep Power: 26 kiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 63,500,000,001,688.03
Bank: 94,039,732,115,607.56
Total Points: 157,539,732,117,295.59
can't green you again, so here's a beer. - chiguy91 Couldn't return any green so I thought a gift would suffice - mathed For making a habit out of making sense. Thumbs up! - CubanGuyNYC For finishing 3rd in Season 3 of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation merry christmas - the collector 
2nd place - Boxingscene predictorship challenge. - dan_cov Thanks for the good karma dude =] - Tyler_Durden Enjoy a beer with your winnings! :) - Tyler_Durden Great goddamn pick here's some cake to go along with your winnings. - DannYankee09 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by QballLobo View Post
I agree, I think it is a smart move by Canelo's team. For all those saying that Canelo doesn't have this type of pull, obviously GBP isn't balking otherwise they would have told team Canelo to go F themselves and announced a fight everyone knew was a done deal late last year. Now whether or not he has earned that type of leverage is a valid debate.
The fact that they have held up the announcement means they are taking this seriously. At the end of the day Floyd only has a few more fights left, Canelo is the cash cow of the future for Golden Boy.
Mares or Broner would be good for the undercard, but the casual viewer has no idea who they are. Canelo did prove in September that he can move the needle.
Like I said Canelo has nothing to lose, he either get's his guarantee from team Mayweather (not likely) or he doesn't and gets confirmation that the fight will not happen this year and he can move on and headline his own card.
I'm not sure if that statement is accurate. Mares has 26 bouts and has headlined (or been the co-feature) in his last 6 fights. Broner has 25 bouts and has headlined (or been the co-feature) in his last 6 fights. I'm sure casual fans remember when he blasted Litzau in 1, or when he got a disputed decision against Ponce, or just recently, when he beat the brakes off DeMarco. Didn't he break some TV record too? Not to mention that he's charismatic and is similar to Floyd as well. Mares is one of the more popular "little guys" in the sport, and he has an entertaining style to go with it. Add the fact that he's Mexican, and it makes it that much easier to sell the card. Maybe they don't bring in as much revenue as Canelo does. But I'm sure GBP will put them in legit match-ups that have the possibility of being competitive because they aren't protecting Mares/Broner.

I say, let Canelo have his own PPV and see what comes of it. Whether it's Mayweather or Canelo, somebody's gonna get their ego checked.

Last edited by kiaba360; 01-19-2013 at 06:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
kiaba360 is online now
#54
Old 01-19-2013, 07:23 PM
Bushbaby
Wild Apache
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Tacoma by way of St Croix.
Posts: 22,420
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 56 Bushbaby has disabled reputation
Points: 1,955,321,559,171.86
Bank: 20,791,170,679,100.63
Total Points: 22,746,492,238,272.49
A fellow Williams fan! - Monkz cheers - LarryX2011 one of the best posters - MANIAC310 great fukkin poster - chiguy91 Happy new years - MANIAC310 
For a standup guy! - CubanGuyNYC Bradley's taking this thing down - mathed Happy Christmas amigo - chav Great poster. - CounterPunching Great Tribute to Miguel Cotto!  Thank you for taking the time! - Da Boxer 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - F-22 Raptor Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mathed Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - LoadedWraps 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSun View Post
We all know Floyd doesn't want to fight Canelo. Floyd ain't guaranteeing jack **** to Canelo, puto you're too good and you're not coming up from 140lb's
The irony here.
Reply With Quote
Bushbaby is offline
#55
Old 01-19-2013, 07:26 PM
QballLobo
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,534
Rep Power: 8 QballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,040,070,568.45
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,040,070,568.45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiaba360 View Post
I'm not sure if that statement is accurate. Mares has 26 bouts and has headlined (or been the co-feature) in his last 6 fights. Broner has 25 bouts and has headlined (or been the co-feature) in his last 6 fights. I'm sure casual fans remember when he blasted Litzau in 1, or when he got a disputed decision against Ponce, or just recently, when he beat the brakes off DeMarco. Didn't he break some TV record too? Not to mention that he's charismatic and is similar to Floyd as well. Mares is one of the more popular "little guys" in the sport, and he has an entertaining style to go with it. Add the fact that he's Mexican, and it makes it that much easier to sell the card. Maybe they don't bring in as much revenue as Canelo does. But I'm sure GBP will put them in legit match-ups that have the possibility of being competitive because they aren't protecting Mares/Broner.

I say, let Canelo have his own PPV and see what comes of it. Whether it's Mayweather or Canelo, somebody's gonna get their ego checked.
Casual boxing fans might know who they are, but joe shmoe looking for something to do on a Saturday night isn't going to care about anyone but the Mayweather fight. And let's face it, Guerrero is one of the least known opponents that Floyd as fought in years. I could see a lot of people sitting this one out, especially considering that a Pacquiao fight is not being talked about anymore.
Last time Floyd fought without Canelo being a part of it was Marquez and barely did a million on the PPV. Marquez had a lot of name recognition coming off the Pac fights and it was on Mexican independence weekend. Robert Guerrero couldn't be picked out of a line up by most sports fans. I say he needs Canelo more than people think, but we will see eventually.
Reply With Quote
QballLobo is offline
#56
Old 01-19-2013, 07:42 PM
PBP
ATG
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 12,489
Rep Power: 31 PBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 131,000,233,835.98
Bank: 268,554,270,002,016.88
Total Points: 268,685,270,235,852.84
how do you not have any gifts yet? you're a good poster - I'm so sorry great posts! - JAB5239 No Message - mathed STORMTROOPERS - DonMega A pleasure to read your insightful comments - techliam 
It's Easter time, here's an Easter Egg for being an ATG poster - jas for a poster who really knows his sh1t - jas Master poster and socio! - CubanGuyNYC 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSun View Post
We all know Floyd doesn't want to fight Canelo. Floyd ain't guaranteeing jack **** to Canelo, puto you're too good and you're not coming up from 140lb's


Quote:
Originally Posted by bushbaby View Post
the irony here.
lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by PBP; 01-19-2013 at 07:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
PBP is offline
#57
Old 01-19-2013, 08:11 PM
Mato o Muero
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 754
Rep Power: 0 Mato o Muero is infamous around these partsMato o Muero is infamous around these partsMato o Muero is infamous around these partsMato o Muero is infamous around these partsMato o Muero is infamous around these partsMato o Muero is infamous around these partsMato o Muero is infamous around these partsMato o Muero is infamous around these partsMato o Muero is infamous around these partsMato o Muero is infamous around these partsMato o Muero is infamous around these parts
Points: 24,188.99
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 24,188.99
Default

Lol this kid doesn't realize how much of a gift he's being given by being on the same card as Floyd. He is delusional. Just because GBP is on his d1ck hard doesn't mean that anybody outside of a few Mexican boxing fans gives a sh1t about him. Go do your own PPV and see how many people actually pay to see you, you scrub. Your lucky Floyd is even letting GBP put their latest hypejob on his under card. He could easily say he only wants guys from his own promotional company. You need Floyd for the exposure and he doesn't need you for anything dipsh1t. So take your gift and shut up.
Reply With Quote
Mato o Muero is offline
#58
Old 01-19-2013, 08:22 PM
kiaba360
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Brooklyn
Age: 22
Posts: 9,448
Rep Power: 26 kiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 63,500,000,001,688.03
Bank: 94,039,732,115,607.56
Total Points: 157,539,732,117,295.59
can't green you again, so here's a beer. - chiguy91 Couldn't return any green so I thought a gift would suffice - mathed For making a habit out of making sense. Thumbs up! - CubanGuyNYC For finishing 3rd in Season 3 of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation merry christmas - the collector 
2nd place - Boxingscene predictorship challenge. - dan_cov Thanks for the good karma dude =] - Tyler_Durden Enjoy a beer with your winnings! :) - Tyler_Durden Great goddamn pick here's some cake to go along with your winnings. - DannYankee09 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by QballLobo View Post
Casual boxing fans might know who they are, but joe shmoe looking for something to do on a Saturday night isn't going to care about anyone but the Mayweather fight. And let's face it, Guerrero is one of the least known opponents that Floyd as fought in years. I could see a lot of people sitting this one out, especially considering that a Pacquiao fight is not being talked about anymore.
Last time Floyd fought without Canelo being a part of it was Marquez and barely did a million on the PPV. Marquez had a lot of name recognition coming off the Pac fights and it was on Mexican independence weekend. Robert Guerrero couldn't be picked out of a line up by most sports fans. I say he needs Canelo more than people think, but we will see eventually.
Good points. Boxing seems to be lacking in the "future stars" department, and Mayweather has to decide right now what role he's gonna play. Is he gonna do a favor and share the spotlight with Canelo, or is he gonna say "Fuck that" and make the young gun work for the shot?
Reply With Quote
kiaba360 is online now
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
canelo, guns?, stick

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:12 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.