Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Where would he place?
Top 30 4 16.00%
Top 20 3 12.00%
Top 10 6 24.00%
None 12 48.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 01-18-2013, 10:42 PM
AztecWanker
Banned

Rep Power: 0 AztecWanker has a reputation beyond reputeAztecWanker has a reputation beyond reputeAztecWanker has a reputation beyond reputeAztecWanker has a reputation beyond reputeAztecWanker has a reputation beyond reputeAztecWanker has a reputation beyond reputeAztecWanker has a reputation beyond reputeAztecWanker has a reputation beyond reputeAztecWanker has a reputation beyond reputeAztecWanker has a reputation beyond reputeAztecWanker has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,712,217,775.35
Total Points: 2,512,201,324,489.63
Thanks for betting. - RED ARMY Party hardy.. - Hard Dick Happy Friday!!! Cheers!! - RicDaRula Thanks alot man - El Dominicano For being one of the few sane forum members around here! - FRKO 
happy 1000th! - JAB5239 Cerveza Con Carcter - Puas Thank you for that donut sir - The Gold Mac you da man! - RJJ The Truth Cool poster wit some common sense. Sip it slow homey - mangler 
cause im the shit - Gift Of Gab Here's an apple for ya....... - Breakbeat you get the pizza, i get the beer...thanks homie - Makavelli Respect homey, for bein one of the site's best - mangler Where you been? - Dominicano Soy! 
A round on me homey - mangler Happy New Year - Freedom. Cheers! - dan_cov Damn, when ISN'T Erik Morales vowing war against someone or something? God bless that man. - thuggery Margarito is a monster - hectari 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Sox8055 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - -Boxzilla- Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - dan_cov Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - dan_cov 

[QUOTE=IMDAZED;12929809]Well then you better run along before I squeeze some more life out of the person I'm debating with. Regardless of any imaginary scenarios you want to conjure up, Mayweather took on the consensus biggest risk available, a man highly ranked pound for pound by nearly everyone. And won. End of story.[/QUOTE]

But that's not what he's debating, tho. Hes saying that beating Cotto and Tony in 08 > beating Shane in 2010.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-18-2013, 10:42 PM
crold1
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 23 crold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 110,192,834.70
I totally agree with your p4p rankings, Pac is definitely above Floyd. - Neutral 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
You're preaching to the converted. I have no problem with Floyd taking that fight - it was the one we wanted and we all got. It was a good win.

The "discussion" I've been having with Imdazed is about whether beating Mosley in '09 was as good as win as Floyd beating Cotto or Margarito during his retirement period. I don't think so at all, for all the reasons I've mentioned.
That's a fair argument as far as what we can guess from retrospect. Yes, the 07 Cotto was a better fighter in the ring than the 09 Mosley who fought Floyd. The eyes don't lie on that.

How it would have been credited to Floyd? It would have been important to catch Cotto undefeated because Margarito always struggled with parts of the press to be taken serious. If he'd caught Cotto undefeated, and seeing how good Cotto was as a foe with both guys past it we can guess it would have been a good fight, it would likely be seen as his best win.

Hell, 2012 Cotto was better than Mosley 2010 and he HAS gotten more credit for that win and it ranks with the best of his career.

It also would have completely changed the landscape as far as a Pac fight goes. Who knows if that ever develops? Cotto might just have led to Cotto II.

Last edited by crold1; 01-18-2013 at 10:46 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:43 PM
shade darkar
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 20 shade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond reputeshade darkar has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,622,882,737,061.56
Total Points: 2,623,882,753,954.40
Big ups G - The_Demon shade darkar deserves a kick - Freedom. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaestix1 View Post
what was cotto's excuse for not pressing for a floyd fight? what was arum's excuse? i see a lot of finger pointing at floyd but you rarely hear cotto being blamed for ducking floyd at 140 or not pushing for a fight at 147.
im not interested in who is to blame. it is what it is, and those fights did not happen.
Chino Madonna
Disrespectful Savage

Rep Power: 25 Chino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,666,342,243,302.76
Total Points: 1,698,649,629,469.25
Have a virtual beer on me. - S a m u r a i Hopefully this will help now that you have given up streams - danc1984 i felt bad for you cos i have more gifts than you. what can i say? im more likable :) heres a banana - vanilamilkshake for being a hating lil faag - Sir TomJones for destroying larry, that was entertaining - Alx. 
there there kid, there there - Earl Hickey absolute destruction of the forums biggest shit poster larryx - I'm so sorry underrated poster - -MAKAVELLI- Top bloke - Aztec Wanker for slapping around the fanboys - I'm so sorry 
top poster - -MAKAVELLI- No Message - jose830 14084702 never forget - RlCKY 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMDAZED View Post
Whether you feel like it is or isn't as good doesn't take away from the fact that it is still an excellent win on his dossier.
But the discussion we've been having has been centred on the comparison with those other two fights.

And it's not a fact that it is an "excellent" win.
IMDAZED
You'll catch feelings

Rep Power: 92 IMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 188,576,237,055,838.56
Total Points: 1,000,190,579,402,562,560.00
for knowing your stuff! - natas206 thanks for the info. - TRUTH For that homerun of a post, bud. - Sweet Pea 50 An apple for one of BoxingScene's most knowledgeable posters - danc1984 BOOM - Fiend 
Excellent poster - ADDICT MOH. For continously educating NSB. - BattlingNelson been a while mate! - Tamis_Siensya No Message - WESS 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
Well then you better run along before I squeeze some more life out of the person I'm debating with. Regardless of any imaginary scenarios you want to conjure up, Mayweather took on the consensus biggest risk available, a man highly ranked pound for pound by nearly everyone. And won. End of story.[

But that's not what he's debating, tho. Hes saying that beating Cotto and Tony in 08 > beating Shane in 2010.
I'm not agreeing with that either for reasons I've listed several times in this thread.

Last edited by IMDAZED; 01-18-2013 at 10:46 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:45 PM
IMDAZED
You'll catch feelings

Rep Power: 92 IMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond repute
for knowing your stuff! - natas206 thanks for the info. - TRUTH For that homerun of a post, bud. - Sweet Pea 50 An apple for one of BoxingScene's most knowledgeable posters - danc1984 BOOM - Fiend 
Excellent poster - ADDICT MOH. For continously educating NSB. - BattlingNelson been a while mate! - Tamis_Siensya No Message - WESS 

Quote:
But the discussion we've been having has been centred on the comparison with those other two fights.

And it's not a fact that it is an "excellent" win.
It's not a fact it was simply a "good" win either. Or that Margarito in 2008 was an "excellent" win. But what's facts to you when you raise a scenario like "Maybe Floyd heard rumors of Mosley looking like sh*t, paid Berto off and took the fight"?
Old 01-18-2013, 10:46 PM
Chino Madonna
Disrespectful Savage

Rep Power: 25 Chino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,666,342,243,302.76
Total Points: 1,698,649,629,469.25
Have a virtual beer on me. - S a m u r a i Hopefully this will help now that you have given up streams - danc1984 i felt bad for you cos i have more gifts than you. what can i say? im more likable :) heres a banana - vanilamilkshake for being a hating lil faag - Sir TomJones for destroying larry, that was entertaining - Alx. 
there there kid, there there - Earl Hickey absolute destruction of the forums biggest shit poster larryx - I'm so sorry underrated poster - -MAKAVELLI- Top bloke - Aztec Wanker for slapping around the fanboys - I'm so sorry 
top poster - -MAKAVELLI- No Message - jose830 14084702 never forget - RlCKY 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jas 

Quote:
Well then you better run along before I squeeze some more life out of the person I'm debating with. Regardless of any imaginary scenarios you want to conjure up, Mayweather took on the consensus biggest risk available, a man highly ranked pound for pound by nearly everyone. And won. End of story.
Yes. And?

What has that got to do with the digression in comparing the win to a Cotto/Marg one?

If we're digress again, how about we go back to the original topic? You know, the one that wasn't about Mosley but about Cotto and Margarito?
Old 01-18-2013, 10:47 PM
IMDAZED
You'll catch feelings

Quote:
Yes. And?

What has that got to do with the digression in comparing the win to a Cotto/Marg one?

If we're digress again, how about we go back to the original topic? You know, the one that wasn't about Mosley but about Cotto and Margarito?
Yes, Cotto and Margarito were once considered the best welters in the world. Beating them would have been fantastic. However, beating Mosley when he was considered the best welterweight in the world isn't.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:48 PM
jaestix1
Banned

Rep Power: 0 jaestix1 is infamous around these partsjaestix1 is infamous around these partsjaestix1 is infamous around these partsjaestix1 is infamous around these partsjaestix1 is infamous around these partsjaestix1 is infamous around these partsjaestix1 is infamous around these partsjaestix1 is infamous around these partsjaestix1 is infamous around these partsjaestix1 is infamous around these partsjaestix1 is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 164,884.65
Uneducated, ignorant, racist. - thuggery 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shade darkar View Post
im not interested in who is to blame. it is what it is, and those fights did not happen.
why didn't cotto face a prime floyd? why did he wait until floyd was an old part-time figher and then drag him up to 154? a weight he knew floyd was never comfortable at?
Old 01-18-2013, 10:49 PM
GoldenAssassin
Banned

Rep Power: 0 GoldenAssassin is a jewel in the roughGoldenAssassin is a jewel in the roughGoldenAssassin is a jewel in the roughGoldenAssassin is a jewel in the rough
Total Points: 5,291.64
alt - I'm so sorry 

[QUOTE=Aztec Wanker;12929835]
Quote:
Well then you better run along before I squeeze some more life out of the person I'm debating with. Regardless of any imaginary scenarios you want to conjure up, Mayweather took on the consensus biggest risk available, a man highly ranked pound for pound by nearly everyone. And won. End of story.[/QUOTE]

But again, his stance stays the same had he beaten Cotto/Toney in 08, and not Mosley in 09. They are pretty mutually exclusive. More strong wins to an already strong resume.