Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Did Floyd "retire" in 2007 to avoid the top welterweights?
Yes, he was afraid of losing to them 256 85.91%
No, he just wanted a hiatus to spend more time with Ellerbe, like he said on TV 42 14.09%
Voters: 298. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 01-19-2013, 07:20 PM
josenoway
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 josenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,657,666.83
Total Points: 2,102,685,334.95

You asked what was new and you got your answers. He hadn't made 147 for nearly 2 years. NEW. He fought at 154 for a tune-up against a nobody and looked horrible. NEW. He was caught with Hydroxycut while trying to cut to the 150 CW. NEW. Hell, he'd been suspended for a year. NEW. But in your demented view, none of that changes anything, right? It's just par for the course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroBando View Post
When you're talking about fighters being drained, the in ring performance is not a tangent, it's about the most important thing. I wouldn't doubt Marg took diuretics while he was at welter.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-19-2013, 08:08 PM
HeroBando
I love Mayweather

Rep Power: 21 HeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,157,922.15
Good poster, keep slaying retards. - I'm so sorry keep spitting facts to these haters - hectari 

Quote:
Originally Posted by josenoway View Post
You asked what was new and you got your answers. He hadn't made 147 for nearly 2 years. NEW. He fought at 154 for a tune-up against a nobody and looked horrible. NEW. He was caught with Hydroxycut while trying to cut to the 150 CW. NEW. Hell, he'd been suspended for a year. NEW. But in your demented view, none of that changes anything, right? It's just par for the course.
Whatever, he looked way healthier at the weighin and fight night than vs Mosley, when he weighed in under 146. He didn't perform like a drained fighter either, which is obvious but you keep dancing around.

Wanna complain about Marg CWs, complain about 154 champ Cotto trying to drag the hugely diminished version of that guy to 150, with a 160 rehydration limit lol.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:34 AM
ADP02
Pac is a drug cheat

Rep Power: 21 ADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 43,673,799,331.20
Total Points: 54,673,961,748.53

Quote:
You moron, that 'substance' was Hydroxycut. Nappiao's camp never raised any issue about PEDs. WTF are you even talking about.
It's funny that its always people like you that call other people names yet don't even get what's what.

I will explain one last time.

They had found a substance that Margarito put in his drink according to Manny's camp. Being that Margarito is a known cheat Roach was concerned it was PEDs or a masking agent (see article below: a banned substance) . So they wanted Margarito tested.

Now, that is what the controversy was about that was stated in the article. It was not PEDs since I'm sure we would know about it after the testing but that was the concern.

The thing is that it was a claim by Manny's camp that it was used to improve performance but then they fought, Margarito lost and that is that. Nobody that I can recall at anytime said that Margarito was weight drained. That is the controversy that your article was about ... it was not about Margarito being weight drained as you tried to prove!!!

It's ironic that you posted an article and can't comprehend what you posted yet you insult people due to YOUR problem with comprehension. I tried to assist you to understand but you were more into trying to criticize than see that I was trying to make you understand.

Read this article as it has more details on the matter:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...s-next-for-him

Last edited by ADP02; 01-20-2013 at 02:52 AM.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:11 AM
josenoway
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 josenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond repute

LMAO, your're a moron. You raised the issue asking for an article that said he was too drained. You got an article that states he was caught with Hydroxycut and struggled to make the weight. You do realize what Hydroxycut is used for? Christ, they must have admitted you for a 5150 when Nappiao got put to sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADP02 View Post
It's funny that its always people like you that call other people names yet don't even get what's what.

I will explain one last time.

They had found a substance that Margarito put in his drink according to Manny's camp. Being that Margarito is a known cheat Roach was concerned it was PEDs or a masking agent (see article below: a banned substance) . So they wanted Margarito tested.

Now, that is what the controversy was about that was stated in the article. It was not PEDs since I'm sure we would know about it after the testing but that was the concern.

The thing is that it was a claim by Manny's camp that it was used to improve performance but then they fought, Margarito lost and that is that. Nobody that I can recall at anytime said that Margarito was weight drained. That is the controversy that your article was about ... it was not about Margarito being weight drained as you tried to prove!!!

It's ironic that you posted an article and can't comprehend what you posted yet you insult people due to YOUR problem with comprehension. I tried to assist you to understand but you were more into trying to criticize than see that I was trying to make you understand.

Read this article as it has more details on the matter:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...s-next-for-him
Old 01-20-2013, 03:15 AM
josenoway
Undisputed Champion

Oh right, so when you asked what was different and got objective answers that didn't suit you, you want to move onto subjective bullsh1t like 'he looked way healthier'. Sure buddy. Good job. I mean he looked awesome right? A plodding come forward heavy bag with no hand speed who ate punches until his orbital bone snapped. He looked phucking WONDERFUL. Really.

And for the record, the 150 CW request by Cotto was lame. Just as lame as Nappiao's CW demand. But nothing as bad as Nappiao's ridiculous 148 CW demand to rematch Cotto. That sh1t was 110% pure cowardice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroBando View Post
Whatever, he looked way healthier at the weighin and fight night than vs Mosley, when he weighed in under 146. He didn't perform like a drained fighter either, which is obvious but you keep dancing around.

Wanna complain about Marg CWs, complain about 154 champ Cotto trying to drag the hugely diminished version of that guy to 150, with a 160 rehydration limit lol.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:23 AM
HeroBando
I love Mayweather

Rep Power: 21 HeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,157,922.15
Good poster, keep slaying retards. - I'm so sorry keep spitting facts to these haters - hectari 

Quote:
Oh right, so when you asked what was different and got objective answers that didn't suit you, you want to move onto subjective bullsh1t like 'he looked way healthier'. Sure buddy. Good job. I mean he looked awesome right? A plodding come forward heavy bag with no hand speed who ate punches until his orbital bone snapped. He looked phucking WONDERFUL. Really.

And for the record, the 150 CW request by Cotto was lame. Just as lame as Nappiao's CW demand. But nothing as bad as Nappiao's ridiculous 148 CW demand to rematch Cotto. That sh1t was 110% pure cowardice.
Pure cowardice? The dude is in his 7th division. Give me a precedent for a guy stepping to his 8th and not asking for a CW. He said he's not going above 147, Cotto goaded him into offering 150 then turned tail when Pac did.

And no, none of Pac's Cw requests is as bad as Cotto's. CWs have been employed forever by smaller guys moving up. They are never used by a champ to handicap a divisional challenger, much less a one eyed non contender.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:58 AM
ADP02
Pac is a drug cheat

Rep Power: 21 ADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 43,673,799,331.20
Total Points: 54,673,961,748.53

Quote:
LMAO, your're a moron. You raised the issue asking for an article that said he was too drained. You got an article that states he was caught with Hydroxycut and struggled to make the weight. You do realize what Hydroxycut is used for? Christ, they must have admitted you for a 5150 when Nappiao got put to sleep.
You can't possibly be 42 years old as someone who is 42 would not be acting like you! Try to stick with opinions and discussions instead of calling people names. Not cool bud.

I asked for proof that Margarito was weight drained. Yes. Did you provide me with that proof? No!!!!

What you provided me with was about the controversy that happened prior to the fight. That is, the claim by Manny's team that Margarito was taking a substance that can improve his performance. If you read the article that I posted, it stated:
"Margarito put something in his drink and the Manny Pacquiao camp said it was Hydroxycut, which has ephedra, a banned substance. Ephedra is basically like the drug speed and would give a fighter a big advantage."

You would not be taking Hydroxycut on fight night to lose weight so Manny's camp thought it must be to enhance his performance.

It's possible that Margarito did have what Manny's camp claimed. It's also possible that Margarito uses it to help him lose weight easier. This is all speculation. Again, the controversy was about what did Margarito put in his drink the night of the fight. That is what your article and mine was about. Neither your article nor mine had any detail that Margarito was weight drained. So you fail!!!

Last edited by ADP02; 01-20-2013 at 04:02 AM.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:49 AM
Freedom2014
this is serious business

Rep Power: 234 Freedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond reputeFreedom2014 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 53,197,392,382,323.45
Total Points: 53,197,392,556,252.03
Good poster! - Simurgh Happy New year - PAC-BOY IN exchange for the cake. Happy nu year bro. - led* Happy New Year to you too. Champagne and beer were out of stock, so here's a fish - ddangerous Happy 2013! - Fury 
Commemorating Wladimir's 60th win over Pianeta - valero Cheers Freedom. - A-Wolf Cheers to Wlads next win!! - boxingchef Happy St Paddy's Day :) - Bossy Thank you Bro. You are one of the best posters here as well :) - raskat 
for your prompt payment :beerchug: - jose830 For the Beatle info! - led* Great poster - Dr.Eisenfaust Happy new year - Scott.Weiland. happy new year too bro! - led 
Great poster. - PainfromUkraine elite poster - A-Wolf For your great work and research. - Weltschmerz No Message - Scott.Weiland. Thanks for your support - Weltschmerz 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - toyi Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - JM1 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - -veteran420- Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - DiLLiNGER Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Jim Jeffries Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Disposable Arts Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - El Cabron 
Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Spray_resistant Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Devils Advocate Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - hanzoh74 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Pullcounter Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Sir TomJones Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - ChopperRead Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Boxing Goat 

Poll result: 123 people voted "yes", only 16 voted "no".
Old 01-20-2013, 12:39 PM
The Big Dunn
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 42 The Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond reputeThe Big Dunn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,328,192,233,804.87
Total Points: 4,339,192,732,828.56
Have some! - Tamis_Siensya respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil cheers! - JAB5239 Your UNCONDITIONAL love for Floyd - Freedom. couldnt green you so heres a medal for your bravery against the tards lol - Rapid Counter 
No Message - Sugar Booger ;) - QuebecSTAR2 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom. View Post
Poll result: 123 people voted "yes", only 16 voted "no".
30% of republicans think president obama was not born in the usa. So this poll shows a lot of birthers voted in this poll.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:15 PM
junior gong
Banned

Rep Power: 0 junior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond reputejunior gong has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,918,679,068,974.13
Total Points: 3,919,688,767,725.68
A gift for my favorite bumsniff... - Kenny MF Powers one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. bumsniffing the trail of flomos on BS 24/7. - Body Movin' keep murking these floydiot bumsniffs, flomos kneel before you and kiss your feet - Turd &quot;hi yung doe&quot; looool - thuggery 
thx m8, can always count on the gongster to lay the smackdown - thuggery A glass of the finest French wine - QuebecSTAR2 joyeux noel - QuebecSTAR2 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dunn View Post
30% of republicans think president obama was not born in the usa. So this poll shows a lot of birthers voted in this poll.
Dude, I think its about time you stopped the bumsniffing. Its abundantly clear what boxing fans think about Floyd's body of work. Being undefeated and talking and acting like a twat is all very good andc has made him a lot of money, but the massive asterisk next to his resume cant be ignored by boxing and sports fans.