Eubank Sr 'We Can Work With Eddie Hearn, But He Doesn't Own Jr' - Boxing Forum
  Trending Topics  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-23-2015, 03:27 AM
gmc_rfc_06
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1243 Post(s)
Rep Power: 25 gmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,005,118,769.92
cheers, just saw your post in the NFL thread - ~AK49~ Quality Poster - Dr Rumack No Message - gmc_rfc_06 
Default Eubank Sr 'We Can Work With Eddie Hearn, But He Doesn't Own Jr'

I thought this was a pretty good read. Good to see their side of things and also their views going forward in terms of fights and the Hearns.

--------------------------------------------------

Chris Eubank: My son is not stepping backwards in bid to win British title. He has to win the British title before it's too late.

CHRIS EUBANK claims Chris Jnr’s decision to fight Nick Blackwell for the British title is NOT a backwards step.

Team Eubank and Eddie Hearn’s Matchroom Boxing went their separate ways last week with one bout remaining on a three-fight deal after Mick Hennessy won the purse bid to stage the domestic showdown.

But Eubank insists his son’s sole focus is on beating Blackwell — despite being mandatory challenger to WBA world middleweight king Daniel Jacobs.

The former two-weight world champion, 49, said: “I put it across to Eddie that the British championship is all-important to Team Eubank.

“It was an unexpected outcome. Who knew that Hennessy would outbid Matchroom? I spoke to Matchroom and said, ‘Do not lose this bid.'

“The sell where this is concerned is the British championship. Oh my goodness, it’s huge!

"If ever a broadcaster or platform wanted the ingredients for a fight which means something, this is it.

“Jnr is capable of drawing huge audiences — and he’s doing that. All people have to know is that he’s on a show.

“He’s got the mystique and delivers excitement like no one else. He’s proven that he’s not just a daddy’s boy.”

Eubank won the WBO world title at both middleweight and super-middleweight during a stellar career but did not box for the British crown.

And he does not want Chris Jnr, 26, to miss out on holding the prestigious championship.

He added: “This British championship means a lot to Jnr. You can’t go back, so we’ve got to do it now. Is it a backwards step? No. This is the ONLY step.

“The world championship fight with Jacobs, it can be at a later point. For February or March, Team Eubank only ever wanted the British.

“Once you get the world title, there is no going back. I never had the British because I went straight for the world title. I was chasing Nigel Benn.

“Whether you get it or not, I am a patriot. My father taught me by example. He came over here in the 1950s and adored everything British. They actually nicknamed him English.

“For me, the world [title] is all important. I’ve had the world, but I never had the British. This is legacy, this is patriotism and this is Britain.

“Jnr will get far less for the British title fight, but this is not about money. This is about the British title. This is about prestige, history and legacy — the Marquess of Queensberry.

“Other people may not get that, but I come from Jamaican parents and they loved this country. They taught me to love this country.

“My son wants a shot at that championship, so we are going to negotiate with Hennessy.

“But why wouldn’t we work with Matchroom again? Eddie and Barry Hearn are fantastic operators.

“They just shouldn’t discard the fact that they don’t own Jnr. We have our route, which may not be their route.
This is Team Eubank and I speak on behalf of Jnr.”

Eubank Jnr defeated Spike O’Sullivan on December 12 to secure his shot at Jacobs.

And with old foe Billy Joe Saunders capturing the WBO world title just a week later, 2016 is set to be a bumper year for the Brighton-based fighter.

Eubank revealed: “Negotiations have already started with Frank Warren for the Saunders fight in the summer.

“Boxing is fluid, but you can’t put the cart before the horse. We want to negotiate for the British championship first.

“There will be a time for Jacobs and Saunders, but the BBBofC have made the decision to have Jnr fight for this title before March, so that’s the fight in place.”

Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 12-23-2015 at 03:29 AM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-23-2015, 03:31 AM
LacedUp
Still Smokin'

Quoted: 2666 Post(s)
Rep Power: 79 LacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 618,403,318,384,057,472.00
Total Points: 620,407,809,245,948,288.00
A glass of the finest French wine - QuebecSTAR2 Thank u sir. - Trudoe Thanks for the help - mathed Thanks for the help - mathed For shitting all over Weltz's B1tch T1Ts - Col. Hans Landa 
This should come in handy when sheltering from the shower of shite that is Rammstein's posts. - Finn No Message - Scott-Weiland No Message - -jose- Happy New Year m8 - HughJass Aww god loves a tryer - Salim_Shady 
Little baby wanna cry ? - Scott-Weiland specially made by Wlad, he loves his haters too f@ggot - ThatLeftaMarc Fury openly pays for his fan's dildos - NapoleonCake No Message - mathed No Message - mathed 
Hopefully no vibrator needed and just a good fight no excuses. - Scott-Weiland Happy Christmas/Holidays, all the best for 2016. - Box-Office 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Weltschmerz- Gay and Lesbian Pride - Scott-Weiland Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Scott.Weiland. Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Scott.Weiland. Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Scott.Weiland. 

Have no problem with him fighting Blackwell. He's not ready for a world title shot anyway, so why rush him?

Let him get some experience. He's had 3 fights as a pro.
Old 12-23-2015, 03:40 AM
Ray*
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR

Quoted: 605 Post(s)
Rep Power: 66 Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 102,485,374,266,170,272.00
Total Points: 102,485,374,266,367,536.00
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 

Like i said yesterday am 100% with whatever Team Eubank decides to do, the dad has done it all, he would make sure his son isn't exploited in anyway shape or form. Going after the british title is great, then the european/commonwealth title before heading towards the worlds. He is 26 years old so he has plenty of time, no need to rush him and burn him out before he reaches 30.
Old 12-23-2015, 03:53 AM
Box-Office
El Mexicano

Quoted: 843 Post(s)
Rep Power: 34 Box-Office has a reputation beyond reputeBox-Office has a reputation beyond reputeBox-Office has a reputation beyond reputeBox-Office has a reputation beyond reputeBox-Office has a reputation beyond reputeBox-Office has a reputation beyond reputeBox-Office has a reputation beyond reputeBox-Office has a reputation beyond reputeBox-Office has a reputation beyond reputeBox-Office has a reputation beyond reputeBox-Office has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 42,006,600,000,537,048.00
Thx - Scott.Weiland. a beer for a fellow khan fan - sugarsmosley No Message - Mike D Happy new year bro - jas los homos unite el fagche - El-Blonco 
Holding Your Own - 1hourRun Cheers to a good poster - Mike D lol @ the sig bro - FlatLine 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LacedUp View Post
Have no problem with him fighting Blackwell. He's not ready for a world title shot anyway, so why rush him?

Let him get some experience. He's had 3 fights as a pro.

The way he was getting caught with counter left by Spike showed, but this thread is building on Eubanks leaving Matchroom and the way they went about it, rather which belt they want to chase.
Old 12-23-2015, 03:54 AM
Box-Office
El Mexicano

Rep Power: 34 Box-Office has a reputation beyond reputeBox-Office has a reputation beyond reputeBox-Office has a reputation beyond reputeBox-Office has a reputation beyond reputeBox-Office has a reputation beyond reputeBox-Office has a reputation beyond reputeBox-Office has a reputation beyond reputeBox-Office has a reputation beyond reputeBox-Office has a reputation beyond reputeBox-Office has a reputation beyond reputeBox-Office has a reputation beyond repute
Thx - Scott.Weiland. a beer for a fellow khan fan - sugarsmosley No Message - Mike D Happy new year bro - jas los homos unite el fagche - El-Blonco 
Holding Your Own - 1hourRun Cheers to a good poster - Mike D lol @ the sig bro - FlatLine 

gmc, did you watch Eddie's long Ifl interview on this? He elaborated on this in detail.
Old 12-23-2015, 04:11 AM
emre belozoglu
Interim Champion

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Rep Power: 0 emre belozoglu is infamous around these partsemre belozoglu is infamous around these partsemre belozoglu is infamous around these partsemre belozoglu is infamous around these partsemre belozoglu is infamous around these partsemre belozoglu is infamous around these partsemre belozoglu is infamous around these partsemre belozoglu is infamous around these partsemre belozoglu is infamous around these partsemre belozoglu is infamous around these partsemre belozoglu is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 26,303.57

id like to see the saunders rematch anyways no need for a blackwell fight i think and he needs some fringe world level fighters before saunders the likes of soliman to get back into the mix so i kind of agree with eddie

Last edited by emre belozoglu; 12-23-2015 at 04:13 AM.
Old 12-23-2015, 04:41 AM
gmc_rfc_06
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1243 Post(s)
Rep Power: 25 gmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,005,118,769.92
cheers, just saw your post in the NFL thread - ~AK49~ Quality Poster - Dr Rumack No Message - gmc_rfc_06 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box-Office View Post
gmc, did you watch Eddie's long Ifl interview on this? He elaborated on this in detail.
I've only saw a little bit of it mate, I find it harder to tolerate Eddie these days.

Worth a watch?
Old 12-23-2015, 04:57 AM
LacedUp
Still Smokin'

Quoted: 2666 Post(s)
Rep Power: 79 LacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 618,403,318,384,057,472.00
Total Points: 620,407,809,245,948,288.00
A glass of the finest French wine - QuebecSTAR2 Thank u sir. - Trudoe Thanks for the help - mathed Thanks for the help - mathed For shitting all over Weltz's B1tch T1Ts - Col. Hans Landa 
This should come in handy when sheltering from the shower of shite that is Rammstein's posts. - Finn No Message - Scott-Weiland No Message - -jose- Happy New Year m8 - HughJass Aww god loves a tryer - Salim_Shady 
Little baby wanna cry ? - Scott-Weiland specially made by Wlad, he loves his haters too f@ggot - ThatLeftaMarc Fury openly pays for his fan's dildos - NapoleonCake No Message - mathed No Message - mathed 
Hopefully no vibrator needed and just a good fight no excuses. - Scott-Weiland Happy Christmas/Holidays, all the best for 2016. - Box-Office 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Weltschmerz- Gay and Lesbian Pride - Scott-Weiland Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Scott.Weiland. Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Scott.Weiland. Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Scott.Weiland. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box-Office View Post
The way he was getting caught with counter left by Spike showed, but this thread is building on Eubanks leaving Matchroom and the way they went about it, rather which belt they want to chase.
Well it was contracted right? They were allowed to leave Matchroom.

They'll probably do this fight and sign with Matchroom again once/if he becomes British champion-

Can't see them working with Hennessy or Warren again. But it's good doing these deals on a fight by fight basis.

Hearn was stupid enough to use one of those fights on that Jeter guy anyway.
Old 12-23-2015, 04:12 PM
Box-Office
El Mexicano

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
I've only saw a little bit of it mate, I find it harder to tolerate Eddie these days.

Worth a watch?
Most definitely. Warren put out his rebuttal today. It's getting messy. They need a Gloves Are Off for these two.
Old 12-23-2015, 04:17 PM
D-MiZe
Iron lungs

Quoted: 390 Post(s)
Rep Power: 114 D-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,562,713,972,741,774.50
Total Points: 1,563,617,375,782,165.50
Best chat up line in a gift and or message on Boxingscene. - *Boss Lady* Because you are just so charming. &lt;3333 - *Boss Lady* You haven't been around ... batteries are now dead. - *Boss Lady* I read your manual, changed the batteries and made a mess. Ooops :) - *Boss Lady* Merry Christmas - Flab 
Happy new year! - Toney Loc :kiss: - *Boss Lady* Happy Easter babe :kiss: - Bossy 25k Posts! :kiss: - Bossy For finishing 3rd in Season 2 of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation 
Keeping the &quot;Predictorship Challenge&quot; alive. - D4thincarnation The Predictorship Challenge Champion Season 3 - D4thincarnation Happy holidays bro! - led* have a safe and Happy New Years bro! :fing02: - jose830 don't get to comfortable with this around your neck, it's going to be taken. - TartanSoldier 
cause you have janes toney as an avy and cause i cant finish this 6 pack - AyoMaDu Some great posts - jas genius predictions! - jas Happy New Year.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy holidays and best wishes for 2016 - -Weltschmerz- 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - ЯiZО AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - GetSumBrah Hepatitis C - _PlaT_NuM_ Autism - The Scientist Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - ??? 
Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - siablo14 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Gully Gad Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - 'Sugar' Freddi Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - iBreakbeat Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - iBreakbeat 
Send a message via MSN to D-MiZe

Eubank Sr: Hearn doesn't own Jr, I do!

Senior didn't win the British title wants to win it vicariously through his son. One commentator once said of Sr 'the ego has landed' and he will be the reason why Jr faces difficulties with promoters.

Share This With Friends

Tags
doesn't, eddie, eubank, hearn, work

User Tag List