Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 01-17-2013, 01:36 PM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 71 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,561,316,245,539,341.00
Total Points: 15,590,536,361,703,432.00
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps Your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

I'd like to see him fight Rigondeaux at 122 then Chris John at 126.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-17-2013, 01:41 PM
kiaba360
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 31 kiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 399,138,776,688,588.62
Total Points: 1,564,339,776,855,369.00
can't green you again, so here's a beer. - chiguy91 Couldn't return any green so I thought a gift would suffice - mathed For making a habit out of making sense. Thumbs up! - CubanGuyNYC For finishing 3rd in Season 3 of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation merry christmas - the collector 
2nd place - Boxingscene predictorship challenge. - dan_cov Thanks for the good karma dude =] - Tyler_Durden Enjoy a beer with your winnings! :) - Tyler_Durden Great goddamn pick here's some cake to go along with your winnings. - DannYankee09 great poster - jas 
Thanks for quick payoff! - Psylence83 

A.K.A, you're saying that Vic deserves a title shot on the strength of his resume at lower weights. He doesn't have a better 122lb resume than Rigo, and he doesn't have a piece of the puzzle (a title) to bargain with. Nonito should know better than to fight Vic again. If Darchinyan beat Rigondeaux, then I'd be more willing to see Donaire/Darchinyan 2, but not anytime before that.

Last edited by kiaba360; 01-17-2013 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:45 PM
PBP
ATG

Rep Power: 34 PBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,162,638,693,236,111.75
Total Points: 1,162,769,693,516,086.75
how do you not have any gifts yet? you're a good poster - I'm so sorry great posts! - JAB5239 No Message - mathed STORMTROOPERS - DonMega A pleasure to read your insightful comments - techliam 
It's Easter time, here's an Easter Egg for being an ATG poster - jas for a poster who really knows his sh1t - jas Master poster and socio! - CubanGuyNYC ATG sign. - Box-Office 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiaba360 View Post
A.K.A., you're saying that Vic deserves a title shot on the strength of his resume at lower weights. He doesn't have a better 122lb resume than Rigo, and he doesn't have a piece of the puzzle (a title) to bargain with. Nonito should know better than to fight Vic again. If Darchinyan beat Rigondeaux, then I'd be more willing to see Donaire/Darchinyan 2, but not anytime before that.
That's actually a fight that I've been wanting for a while now. I was hoping for that fight over Rigo vs. Poonsawat.

But Donaire vs. Darchinyan 2 is silly. There's nothing else to it.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:50 PM
A.K.A
Banned

Rep Power: 0 A.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond reputeA.K.A has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,010,000,015,764.77

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiaba360 View Post
A.K.A, you're saying that Vic deserves a title shot on the strength of his resume at lower weights. He doesn't have a better 122lb resume than Rigo, and he doesn't have a piece of the puzzle (a title) to bargain with. Nonito should know better than to fight Vic again. If Darchinyan beat Rigondeaux, then I'd be more willing to see Donaire/Darchinyan 2, but not anytime before that.
I dont want him to fight Vic, I want him to fight Mares. I just can't see how a fight between Vic and Rigo is acceptable, but only Rigo deserves Donaire and not Vic. I'd choose Vic-Rigo over either vs Donaire honestly.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:00 PM
kiaba360
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 31 kiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 399,138,776,688,588.62
Total Points: 1,564,339,776,855,369.00
can't green you again, so here's a beer. - chiguy91 Couldn't return any green so I thought a gift would suffice - mathed For making a habit out of making sense. Thumbs up! - CubanGuyNYC For finishing 3rd in Season 3 of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation merry christmas - the collector 
2nd place - Boxingscene predictorship challenge. - dan_cov Thanks for the good karma dude =] - Tyler_Durden Enjoy a beer with your winnings! :) - Tyler_Durden Great goddamn pick here's some cake to go along with your winnings. - DannYankee09 great poster - jas 
Thanks for quick payoff! - Psylence83 

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K.A View Post
I dont want him to fight Vic, I want him to fight Mares. I just can't see how a fight between Vic and Rigo is acceptable, but only Rigo deserves Donaire and not Vic. I'd choose Vic-Rigo over either vs Donaire honestly.
Because I'm not analyzing both situations under the same lens. I would like for Rigo to get a couple fights against tough/durable opposition, and Vic fits the bill. I think Darchinyan gives many counter-punching opportunities and can get offensively irresponsible, so I'd side with Rigo in that fight. But it's still an acceptable match-up when you take Rigo's thin resume into consideration. Donaire has other options than Darchinyan right now, so that would amount to nothing more than him trying to pad his record. Vic should be a last resort for him.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:08 PM
PBP
ATG

Rep Power: 34 PBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,162,638,693,236,111.75
Total Points: 1,162,769,693,516,086.75
how do you not have any gifts yet? you're a good poster - I'm so sorry great posts! - JAB5239 No Message - mathed STORMTROOPERS - DonMega A pleasure to read your insightful comments - techliam 
It's Easter time, here's an Easter Egg for being an ATG poster - jas for a poster who really knows his sh1t - jas Master poster and socio! - CubanGuyNYC ATG sign. - Box-Office 

The problem is people have the mindset that fighters need to "deserve a shot to face Donaire", like he's a $40 million PPV fighter. He's nowhere close. What was so special about WV2 or Jeff Mathebula?

He needs to enhance his legacy too. And he does that by cleaning out divisions. And fact of the matter is, he would not have cleaned out 122 if he doesn't fight Rigo and Mares.

I don't see how you can be a fan of a fighter and not want him to clean out the best fighters in every division he's in.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:16 PM
CubanGuyNYC
Latin From Manhattan

Rep Power: 33 CubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 12,245,126,679,277,516.00
Total Points: 12,245,126,679,305,844.00
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil For being a good poster - Cuauhtémoc1520 good poster - -MAKAVELLI- victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov 
Have a beer to celebrate! - dan_cov Le ganamos! - Matty Ice We Finally Here, this is our moment!!! - Cubanborn87 how Fredie Mercury would say...We are the champions..we are the champion...of the world.. - *ANGRY CUBAN* Voice of reason - P4P poster. ATG, NSB HoF. - damit305 
Happy New Year CubanGuyNYC - TBear Thanks bro, Happy New Years! All the best for 2014. - dan_cov Great BoxingScene poster and top guy - a beer for my Cuban brethren! - PainfromUkraine true top notch poster - sugarsmosley intelligent poster, here's a sandwich to munch into - jas 
good lookin' out! - lefthook2daliva For the old drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Sour grapes, drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Here you go man .. Always thought u represent us very well . I once referred to u as our &quot; diplomatic ambassador &quot; on here.  I think it suits u well !!!!! - Respect Power NSB Book of Wisdom - damit305 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBP View Post
The problem is people have the mindset that fighters need to "deserve a shot to face Donaire", like he's a $40 million PPV fighter. He's nowhere close. What was so special about WV2 or Jeff Mathebula?

He needs to enhance his legacy too. And he does that by cleaning out divisions. And fact of the matter is, he would not have cleaned out 122 if he doesn't fight Rigo and Mares.

I don't see how you can be a fan of a fighter and not want him to clean out the best fighters in every division he's in.
I think it was in the profile leading up to the WV2 fight where Rachel Donaire said (I'm paraphrasing here): "People think Nonito makes a million dollars per fight. He doesn't."

I agree, Donaire must fight all the champs in his division in order to cement his reputation. The notion that "Nonito would've crushed that can anyway" just doesn't cut it.

Last edited by CubanGuyNYC; 01-17-2013 at 03:51 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:31 PM
.:: JSFD26 ::.
Brawski

Rep Power: 73 .:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,566,941,311,518,043.00
Total Points: 1,619,841,311,587,519.25
The Ambassador, hahahaha - MalikKnucklez thank you for taking time to post on my thread - robson24 every man deserves a superman, specially a good honest bloke like yourself :) - Alx. talented poster - I'm so sorry thanks for payment :beerchug: - jose830 
enjoy - mathed knowledgeable poster - thuggery Cheers - dan_cov Socio - CubanGuyNYC Cult of Rigo!!! For Life!!!!!! We Here Baby!!! - Cubanborn87 
we'd be better off without this troll - ROSS CALIFORNIA we'd be better off without this troll - ROSS CALIFORNIA godtthysse is a beast - thuggery Great Sig run Danny - handwraps 4th place - Boxingscene predictorship challenge. - dan_cov 
:beerchug: - -jose- matty ice - sugarsmosley CUBAN BOXING SCHOOL!!! :( - f4314n68 For the tears. - Jalisciense909 You deserve a gold.  Keep speaking from the heart.  . - damit305 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

AKA aka danceswithfire aka puga...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
Old 01-17-2013, 10:08 PM
.:: JSFD26 ::.
Brawski

Rep Power: 73 .:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,566,941,311,518,043.00
Total Points: 1,619,841,311,587,519.25
The Ambassador, hahahaha - MalikKnucklez thank you for taking time to post on my thread - robson24 every man deserves a superman, specially a good honest bloke like yourself :) - Alx. talented poster - I'm so sorry thanks for payment :beerchug: - jose830 
enjoy - mathed knowledgeable poster - thuggery Cheers - dan_cov Socio - CubanGuyNYC Cult of Rigo!!! For Life!!!!!! We Here Baby!!! - Cubanborn87 
we'd be better off without this troll - ROSS CALIFORNIA we'd be better off without this troll - ROSS CALIFORNIA godtthysse is a beast - thuggery Great Sig run Danny - handwraps 4th place - Boxingscene predictorship challenge. - dan_cov 
:beerchug: - -jose- matty ice - sugarsmosley CUBAN BOXING SCHOOL!!! :( - f4314n68 For the tears. - Jalisciense909 You deserve a gold.  Keep speaking from the heart.  . - damit305 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

All this talk about Rigo but what did Vazquez Jr do to earn his shot? What did Arce do to deserve his? Arce pussied out of a fight vs a prospect for christ sakes.