Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Did Vitali 'dominate' Lennox Lewis?
Yes 32 17.30%
No 153 82.70%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 01-17-2013, 01:45 PM
Simurgh
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Simurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 102,048,089,055.74
Happy New Year - Freedom. one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year - Freedom2013 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
That was the only thing he did that was unlike him all fight to be fair to Chisora, he sort of ran after Haye and got smacked with a crunching left. Other than that, it was Chisora as he always is.

The reason it looked smarter against Vitali is because Vitali didn't have the speed to catch him coming in. Vitali was doing good work at long and mid-range though, then Chisora started getting in close which reduced that and actually got Vitali tired. Still, other than being tired, it was a fairly easy win for Vitali.
Well if you watched the fight on BoxNation you can remember commentators discussion how Chisorra's rounds should come (after 6 rounds).

What made the difference was that silly move. Other than that I didn't see Haye hurt Chisorra although he was hitting him clean.

Now I am not saying Haye wouldn't take him out without that move but I am not convinced as he wasn't really near it before that.
Vitali didn't look too good in fight against Chisorra (for Vitali's standard). It might be due some injury to left shoulder but I don't want to start the discussion about that (he was using his left hand far less than normal).
If it was Vitali from Adamek fight he would take out Chisorra no doubt.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-18-2013, 04:39 AM
Someone88
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 Someone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,048,426.07
you're an excellent poster - Freedom. Cheers from a fellow Klitschko supporter - Weltschmerz 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMDAZED View Post
No, I don't know. Not when you're inventing points. First you said Vitali was on par with Lennox in terms of ability and accomplishments, which you backed off from because both were complete and utter crap. Then you said Vitali dominated the division, which you backed off from because that's utterly false. So I don't know what you mean unless what you mean is that you will keep making sh*t up to puff up Vitali, a paper champ whose best performance came in a fight where he got stopped halfway through.
The only point that I've backtracked from was Vitali dominating the division, because I think Wladimir has the better wins. But still Vitali has dominated the opponents he has faced and some of them were top ten. I see Lewis and Vitali as around the same level in ability, that's my opinion.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:46 AM
JAB5239
Banned

Rep Power: 0 JAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond reputeJAB5239 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 18,796,420,485,850.27
Total Points: 18,796,420,525,266.72
For giving me a chance to learn from the best. - DWiens421 For posting endless wisdom - Massage Queen keep dropping knowledge jabs - Makavelli To my friend Jab. One of the SUPERstars of Boxingscene. - BattlingNelson A toast homey. Here's to one of the site's best posters. - mangler 
Keeping History Alive - 0Rooster4Life0 Although we may disagree, I completely understand you. - Dominicano Soy! A lucky charm 4 ya homey - mangler To my boy JAB for keeping it real at all times - Kevin Jesus To a cool guy - Stoppage 
for being a heavyweight in history section - led For a friend and a guy who really knows his stuff. - Lorily Great Poster and Moderator. - Barnburner For your boxing knowledge and insightful threads. - Barnburner For being a noble gent and for top posts! - Sugarj 
To one of the nicest members on this forum. Knows boxing also! - Terry A For all the Boxing knowledge shared - BulgariasFinest For a great guy - jazluvr Thanks for your continued friendship &amp; for sharing your wealth of boxing knowledge w/ us! - Terry A Cheers mate. Loving the section. - BennyST 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Tha_Greatest 

It was a close fight that started out in Vits favor and swung to Lewis. I have little doubt Lennox would have stopped Vittles in the next couple rounds if the fight had continued. Lewis's experience simply trumped Vits prime and youth.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:06 AM
Simurgh
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Simurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond repute
Happy New Year - Freedom. one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Merry Christmas &amp; Happy New Year - Freedom2013 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
It was a close fight that started out in Vits favor and swung to Lewis. I have little doubt Lennox would have stopped Vittles in the next couple rounds if the fight had continued. Lewis's experience simply trumped Vits prime and youth.
I agree on Lennox's experience was crucial. I think it was the matter of time when the judges or doctor would stop the fight. I don't think Lennox would stop him.

Even in 6th round Vitali was landing more. But the damage Vitali was getting to the same place was very worrying and doctor did the right thing. Vitali wouldn't give up and Lennox wouldn't take him out. So there was a good chance for permanent damage to Vitali's eye.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:44 AM
IMDAZED
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 79 IMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 22,216,130,358,241.50
Total Points: 24,219,295,813,541.06
for knowing your stuff! - natas206 thanks for the info. - TRUTH For that homerun of a post, bud. - Sweet Pea 50 An apple for one of BoxingScene's most knowledgeable posters - danc1984 BOOM - Fiend 
Excellent poster - ADDICT MOH. For continously educating NSB. - BattlingNelson been a while mate! - Tamis_Siensya No Message - WESS 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone88 View Post
The only point that I've backtracked from was Vitali dominating the division, because I think Wladimir has the better wins. But still Vitali has dominated the opponents he has faced and some of them were top ten. I see Lewis and Vitali as around the same level in ability, that's my opinion.
It is your opinion because it's not based on anything factual.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:47 AM
Someone88
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 Someone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond repute
you're an excellent poster - Freedom. Cheers from a fellow Klitschko supporter - Weltschmerz 

Quote:
It is your opinion because it's not based on anything factual.
Same as you other than listing opponents they have beaten your other points aren't facts.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:51 AM
IMDAZED
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 79 IMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 22,216,130,358,241.50
Total Points: 24,219,295,813,541.06
for knowing your stuff! - natas206 thanks for the info. - TRUTH For that homerun of a post, bud. - Sweet Pea 50 An apple for one of BoxingScene's most knowledgeable posters - danc1984 BOOM - Fiend 
Excellent poster - ADDICT MOH. For continously educating NSB. - BattlingNelson been a while mate! - Tamis_Siensya No Message - WESS 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone88 View Post
Same as you other than listing opponents they have beaten your other points aren't facts.
You're right. We can say anything we like and pretend it's ok. But at the end if the day, Vitali is currently a paper champ while someone else holds the real title in the division. And when it was his chance to step up, he was stopped in six rounds. Invent what you like after to make yourself feel better.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:57 AM
slimshandy69
I HAVE OBAMA TATTOO!

Rep Power: 11 slimshandy69 has a reputation beyond reputeslimshandy69 has a reputation beyond reputeslimshandy69 has a reputation beyond reputeslimshandy69 has a reputation beyond reputeslimshandy69 has a reputation beyond reputeslimshandy69 has a reputation beyond reputeslimshandy69 has a reputation beyond reputeslimshandy69 has a reputation beyond reputeslimshandy69 has a reputation beyond reputeslimshandy69 has a reputation beyond reputeslimshandy69 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,000,557,801.25
You're quite an excellent poster - thuggery Well deserved - Szef99 Solid poster - Weltschmerz superb post about Lomachenko, he is a beast and P4P DESTINE - thuggery 

vitali was schooling lennox even with the lucky puynch to his eye.

Plus lewis was doing alot of illegal hitting and holding.

Vitali>>>lewis...
Old 01-18-2013, 05:59 AM
Someone88
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
You're right. We can say anything we like and pretend it's ok. But at the end if the day, Vitali is currently a paper champ while someone else holds the real title in the division. And when it was his chance to step up, he was stopped in six rounds. Invent what you like after to make yourself feel better.
I'm not trying to make myself feel better. Yeh I'm a fan of Vitali but what I'm saying is reasonable, you're hating on Vitali so you don't wanna give him credit I get it.

What I don't get is why you're discrediting him so much. I've seen people say he isn't top 10 in history, ok but the people with your level of bias I don't get it.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:01 AM
Simurgh
Undisputed Champion

Happy New Year - Freedom. one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Merry Christmas &amp; Happy New Year - Freedom2013 

Blandly stating he was stopped (by doctor stoppage) after 6 doesn't prove much.
I could say Lennox was stopped after 2 against Oliver - but this isn't number game and I wouldn't prove much.