Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 01-15-2013, 12:28 AM
Kid Achilles
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 114 Kid Achilles has a reputation beyond reputeKid Achilles has a reputation beyond reputeKid Achilles has a reputation beyond reputeKid Achilles has a reputation beyond reputeKid Achilles has a reputation beyond reputeKid Achilles has a reputation beyond reputeKid Achilles has a reputation beyond reputeKid Achilles has a reputation beyond reputeKid Achilles has a reputation beyond reputeKid Achilles has a reputation beyond reputeKid Achilles has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 159,971.55
Total Points: 295,122.60
Default Tommy Loughran vs. Leo Lomski

I just now watched the only two rounds of the fight that were available on youtube, the first, and the fifteenth round...and it seemed to me a comeback victory in the same vein as Archie Moore's battle with Yvonne Durelle.

Lomski was the Durelle of the fight, an aggressive power punching challenger who's adroit right hand was responsible for knocking Loughran down twice in the opening round. Loughran, reputed to be one of the most level headed men in the game's history, was up and attentive after both knockdowns, fighting well on the retreat. He survived the round courtesy of busy footwork and an educated left hand, and Archie also survived the early onslaught of the tough Durelle, though in a different manner, if I recall correctly.

In the fifteenth round, Loughran is seen handling Lomski with much more confidence, stinging him with stronger lefts, sneaking in right hand counters, and overall just conducting himself like a master. Great poise, quickness, and style, spinning Lomski in the clinches and overall proving himself to be a dominant light heavyweight champion.

Loughran has a great reputation as a classy professional with those in the know, and watching the video of the fight has strengthened my own opinion of him. He had not only style, speed, and discipline as a fighter but also possessed grit, an attribute that is truly admirable to the human soul.

Can anyone recommend some other good Loughran fights? As an aspiring boxer in training, I would like to learn from him.

Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<