Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 01-16-2013, 06:38 AM
DreamFighter
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 DreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 50,022,409.80
Don't act so butthurt, princess - Weltschmerz kick this nasty little alt - Freedom. Spent way too much time on this one. Apart from hating on Klitschkos, no nothing about boxing. - Simurgh *knows :) - Simurgh alt - thuggery 
kick this little faqqot - Burzum kick this little faqqot - Burzum 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone88 View Post
Tyson was washed up so I don't think Lewis should get too much credit for that win. Vitali wasn't in his prime either, sure he was closer to his than Lewis. But to say imagine what either would have done is speculation. .
its not speculation, if Lewis was stronger, faster better then he would have taken down Vitali in less than 6 rounds, not the 6 he needed when fat and old.

Its simple math.

He wasnt going to take longer if he was stronger faster better, was he?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-16-2013, 06:39 AM
Someone88
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 Someone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,052,811.02
you're an excellent poster - Freedom. Cheers from a fellow Klitschko supporter - Weltschmerz War Canelo - Red Cyclone 

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4P_No1 View Post
Where have I given Lewis credit for beating a washed up Tyson?

And isn't that what you're trying to imply though?

That if there was a rematch the outcome would be very different?
You didn't I just brought that up. No I wasn't trying to imply the rematch would be very different, I think it would be a similar fight if they were in their primes or in the rematch I'm not sure of the result, the fight was competitive while it lasted.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:41 AM
DreamFighter
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 DreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these parts
Don't act so butthurt, princess - Weltschmerz kick this nasty little alt - Freedom. Spent way too much time on this one. Apart from hating on Klitschkos, no nothing about boxing. - Simurgh *knows :) - Simurgh alt - thuggery 

Quote:
Vitali is much better than anyone Lewis faced other than Holyfield, I could say Vitali is better than him too.
then you'd be a fool. Evander could give Vitali a good fight as an about-to-be pensioner he is today, nevermind when he was postprime.

Quote:
Vitali was still throwing punches, Lewis was tired and hurt as well Vitali still could have won.
you cant win with an eye hanging out. In what universe can you win with an eye hanging out?
Old 01-16-2013, 06:43 AM
P4P_No1
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 P4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 102,905,880.33
Total Points: 10,103,378,418.70
merry christmas - the collector 

Quote:
You didn't I just brought that up. No I wasn't trying to imply the rematch would be very different, I think it would be a similar fight if they were in their primes or in the rematch I'm not sure of the result, the fight was competitive while it lasted.
That's the part the confuses me about your posting. It doesn't stack/add up/not logical.

If Lewis was in or near his prime he would have been much more focussed, quicker, in better shape, stronger, etc.

Vitali who was much nearer his prime probably wouldn't have seen much a difference.

Now considering what an unfit and unfocussed Lewis did to Vitali's eye, a more prime and focussed Lewis would have beaten the brakes off him.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:45 AM
Someone88
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 Someone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond repute
you're an excellent poster - Freedom. Cheers from a fellow Klitschko supporter - Weltschmerz War Canelo - Red Cyclone 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamFighter View Post
its not speculation, if Lewis was stronger, faster better then he would have taken down Vitali in less than 6 rounds, not the 6 he needed when fat and old.

Its simple math.

He wasnt going to take longer if he was stronger faster better, was he?
No it's not that simple. Fighting isn't maths, you should know that. Vitali wasn't that experienced when they fought. If Lewis was more dominant then your argument would be stronger, but he wasn't dominant.

Since then Vitali has been dominating, I don't know what would have happened if they fought in their primes but I think they are at least around the same level.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:49 AM
P4P_No1
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 P4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 102,905,880.33
Total Points: 10,103,378,418.70
merry christmas - the collector 

Quote:
No it's not that simple. Fighting isn't maths, you should know that. Vitali wasn't that experienced when they fought. If Lewis was more dominant then your argument would be stronger, but he wasn't dominant.

Since then Vitali has been dominating, I don't know what would have happened if they fought in their primes but I think they are at least around the same level.
The level of guys Vitali has been dominating against isn't near the level of the guys Lewis dominated and beat.

They're not around the same level.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:49 AM
DreamFighter
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
oh this debateis so dumb, Vitali was 33 wasnt he? Exactly how much longer does a boxer require to reach his prime?

If you arent prime by 33 then you arent much good to begin with, and you arent going to get better. Even the latest bloomers like Bernard Hopkins had peaked around that age.

Like I said, he had every advantage but he failed on the big stage, as he has always done.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:50 AM
Someone88
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamFighter View Post
then you'd be a fool. Evander could give Vitali a good fight as an about-to-be pensioner he is today, nevermind when he was postprime.

you cant win with an eye hanging out. In what universe can you win with an eye hanging out?
My point was that other than Holyfield he doesn't have many great wins, he was impressive in victory though. Vitali's eye wasn't hanging out, he still could have won. I'm not saying he would have just saying he could have.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:52 AM
Earl Hickey
Boooooomb Squad

Rep Power: 107 Earl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 331,779,835,227,580.19
Total Points: 332,279,835,937,061.62
have fun with this - Sir TomJones Apple - iBreakbeat You'll need these - Rip Chudd Congrats man! - Rip Chudd Stay safe - rorymac 
Making us BS members proud - Versastyle Happy early Bday and congrats on 10k love :kiss: - Bossy blue parallelogram for your birthday - Jack Napier Happy Birthday darling! I hope you have a wonderful day xxx - Bossy I swear you make my day with every single post. - Alx. 
LOL, that cracked me up. Here's a cold one on me. - BulgariasFinest Excellent poster. I chuckle every time you post that gif of RJJ getting KTFO. - I'm so sorry Here's one on me - led* 14k posts - ShaunRoberts Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 
happy 15,000 - JonoYoungP4P Boxing scenes number one idiot - ROSS CALIFORNIA #FREE EARL HICKEY #JusticeForEarl - thuggery with a bit of luck it's not severe! - HUGH JASS Wilder's right hand leaves them too drunk to stand! - valero 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Gift Giver AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Ether 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - iBreakbeat 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANIAC310 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Shiranui Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - thuggery 

Quote:

Against vastly inferior opposition.

That much is easy to work out, correct.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:54 AM
Someone88
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4P_No1 View Post
That's the part the confuses me about your posting. It doesn't stack/add up/not logical.

If Lewis was in or near his prime he would have been much more focussed, quicker, in better shape, stronger, etc.

Vitali who was much nearer his prime probably wouldn't have seen much a difference.

Now considering what an unfit and unfocussed Lewis did to Vitali's eye, a more prime and focussed Lewis would have beaten the brakes off him.
I'm not so sure those cuts would have happened if they fought more times, I think Vitali still would have been cut but maybe not like that. Other than the superficial damage the fight was competitive.