Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 01-12-2013, 05:46 AM
NEELZ
Contender

Rep Power: 6 NEELZ has a reputation beyond reputeNEELZ has a reputation beyond reputeNEELZ has a reputation beyond reputeNEELZ has a reputation beyond reputeNEELZ has a reputation beyond reputeNEELZ has a reputation beyond reputeNEELZ has a reputation beyond reputeNEELZ has a reputation beyond reputeNEELZ has a reputation beyond reputeNEELZ has a reputation beyond reputeNEELZ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 18,800.53

This fight is a tune-up for Canelo, the same way Ortiz was a tune-up for Pacquiao. Somehow, though, the Pacquiao fight never transpired, even though it would have been much more lucrative, than the Ortiz fight.

Floyd and most observers felt Ortiz was easier, so he fought him, made his millions and gave some lip service to a Pacquiao bout, while also throwing up obstacles, so that his followers felt the fight would eventually happen. I don't believe he ever intended to fight Pacquiao and now, of course, the fight won't happen. He thought Pacquiao was too much risk.

I don't recall Mayweather being quoted as making any statements about possibly fighting Canelo. This is purely speculation that the Guerrero fight is a tune-up for him. But if Floyd felt it were an easier fight and could make millions more, he would take the fight immediately. He didn't. Canelo is a more dangerous opponent.

Waiting another year to supposedly build up to a Canelo fight is not that strategically smart in my mind. Floyd would be older, about 37, and far past the prime for any athlete. He might get hurt in this fight and damage the chances of the fight taking place. Canelo could look impressive in his fight, which would make the cautious Mayweather less inclined to fight him, or Canelo could lose, which would throw the proposed face-off, off track.

So, IMO, I don't think he will ever make the Canelo fight.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-12-2013, 06:18 AM
Mr. Philadel
#215Boxing

Location: Everywhere you NEVER BEEN....I'm better than I've EVER BEEN!
Rep Power: 66 Mr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Philadel has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 748,286,272,892.96
Total Points: 790,186,970,249.27
For being a good sport. - F-R-K-O Vodka &amp;amp; Red Bull for ya! - BattlingNelson for the green homey - NewYork For a super poster! - jazluvr hopkins finna whoop pascal AGAIN - Tha Executioner 
No Message - Tha Executioner No Message - arraamis respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Awesome post on Miguel Cotto...cheers! - jose830 
Great post bro! keep up the good work. - codey just cause you a philly boy - SpeedKillz Real recognize real. - SnakeVen0m Happy New Year - Freedom. philly swagg, walking BK outta the house - thuggery 
Team Swift all day! - KeepItObjective A+ poster,one of the very best. - Scott.Weiland. war bhop! - jas Congrats on the baby girl :fing02: - -jose- Good look - Shambrolic 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooksInYou View Post
I actually think Guerrero is a tougher challenge for Floyd than Alvarez. Mayweather's style is better suited to Canelo's than Canelo's is to Mayweather's. Guerrero could be really awkward for Floyd.
this seems to be the FORGOTTEN fact in all of this...Ghost brings more to the dance than Nelo does regarding styles...both dudes are minor threats imo but Ghost seems to be able to cause a problem or 2 that Floyd will have to figure out...nothing major but he'll bring it...Nelo is in Floyd's pocket, he doesn't know yet, but he's been pocketed already...Floyd has alot of dudes gassed about him not caring about legacy...dude cares ALOT about that...don't EVER get it twisted...regardless of the f*ckery he might speak or the stupid things he might do...dude is not DUMB!!

build up Nelo and feed him to Floyd...his base is huge that a "L" to Floyd won't change the economics...history says so...Oscar, Hatton, and Marquez are lving proof...Nelo will join that list after September...nothing's new under the sun!!